Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:59:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773221
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 614
Total: 616

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Jesus Camp (movie trailer)  (Read 4869 times)

Offline ademas

Jesus Camp (movie trailer)
« on: September 18, 2006, 07:41:02 pm »
More than just little bit freaky...

http://movies.go.com/trailer?cid=848431&vid=848432

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
Re: Jesus Camp (movie trailer)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 07:57:14 pm »
Oh, but this movie doesn't depict your "typical" U.S. Christian, who'd much rather have poor kids from someone else's family fight our wars. The war in Iraq is as much about religion as politics seeing as both are intertwined within the USA and Iraq.  Separation of church and state my ass.

Boo
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 08:29:14 pm »
I dont quite remember bible camp that way... jeezzz..... :(

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 08:29:49 pm »
What a bunch of wimps you guys are!

Such camps and the documentaries made about them are to be encouraged. The more extreme these people are and are seen to be, the better.

I support the work of the Good Rev in North Dakota.

MtD

Offline ademas

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 08:44:50 pm »
I'm just wondering how many there are that don't see this as extreme, or would find it less extreme than my somewhat moderate liberal views.

Onward Christian Soldiers...anat.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 09:12:22 pm »
It doesn't matter how they see this stuff doll. It's how the bland white bread majority sees it. The loonies who are taken in by this shit are a lost cause anyway. The nice lazy non-voting middle class are the ones who matter and those on the left too. They're motivated to act against this stuff.

You're a case in point. By posting this link, you've acted against it. You're playing to an audience here that you know will be (by and large) similarly repelled. Small stuff, but it's important.

MtD
(Who welcomes the predations of the lunar right)

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 07:00:52 am »
2 words
AMERICAN TALIBAN
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 10:54:07 am »
2 words for November...

Democrat Majority!!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline cph9680

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 08:11:59 pm »
Oh for God's sakes, now can we start shooting the fundies?!?!?  This is just absurd, a bunch of half-pint Jerry Fallwells!
I think that November is a good time to tell these freak jobs exactly where they stand!

Corey

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 08:23:24 pm »
Hehehehe, yeah. Democrat Majority. You're a funny guy Andrew. Like the Demmykrats are just OOOZING secular blue-state baby-killers you guys need to become a proper Western nation.

I suspect there has to be a far more significant shift in US political culture than handing control of the Congress to that harpy Nancy Pelosi and that bloke from Connecticut before you'll stop the fundy whackjobs from spawning the next generation of Colombine borg.

MtD

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 10:40:18 pm »
Hehehehe, yeah. Democrat Majority. You're a funny guy Andrew. Like the Demmykrats are just OOOZING secular blue-state baby-killers you guys need to become a proper Western nation.

I suspect there has to be a far more significant shift in US political culture than handing control of the Congress to that harpy Nancy Pelosi and that bloke from Connecticut before you'll stop the fundy whackjobs from spawning the next generation of Colombine borg.

MtD

Amen to this Matty... small victories before you win the war my friend.  Small victories!!!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 09:33:11 am »
Amen to this Matty... small victories before you win the war my friend.  Small victories!!!

Yes!

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 10:22:09 am »

MtD

You better watch you tongue Mister!   >:(  Otherwise FOX News will be calling with a job offer on America's most "Fair & Balanced" cable news network!   ;D

RAB

(Who thinks Matty anchoring FOX News would be just what the doctor ordered!   ::))

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 05:01:13 pm »
I'm way ahead of ya Rocky!

;D

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.