Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:56:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 182
Total: 182

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: please help , i know im being stupid  (Read 28657 times)

Offline whymewhyg

please help , i know im being stupid
« on: July 20, 2006, 01:45:56 am »
Hey

Ive been reading around about getting head there is no reason i should worry about hiv

but this was different , it had an unprotected bj which was pretty rough , she tried to deep throat and she almost choked , what worries me is when she was done she had a lil blood come down her nose....she scared me being rough but seeing a lil blood almost made me faint.
how possible do you think some blood could of got into my system? i know things like saliva aint that bad but what it if was a lil vomit ,i know it sounds gross but i know i wont get the best reply unless im honest..

please someone help me.

Offline whymewhyg

Re: Scared , afraid , it wont leave me help!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 04:42:58 am »
Cant anyone help me?

this is really getting to me..

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 05:25:57 am »
I am sorry you are worrying over this incident. Insertive fellatio is not a quantified risk for HIV infection.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 07:42:36 am »
why,

I just want to second JK's assessment - you did not have a risk of hiv infection through getting a blowjob, regardless of whatever it was - blood or vomit - that came out of the woman's nose.

Not one person has EVER become infected with hiv through getting a blowjob and you won't be the first. With all the blowjobs going on in the world every minute of every day, I'm sure your experience is not unique and it won't become unique by you getting infected either.

You had no risk of hiv infection.

While you're here, please read through the Welcome Thread and follow the links found there for further information.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

While you do NOT need to be tested over your blowjob, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 12:13:14 am »
but what if some of her blood got into my penis during the blowjob??

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 12:17:11 am »
Saliva contains agents which inhibit HIV so any blood in her mouth doesn't pose a threat to you. Even if it gets into your urethra.

MtD

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 05:43:02 am »
yeh but how fast are we looking?

6 weeks and ive had a fever 40.6 c , ulcers in my throat...tho after antibiotics my fever was gone.
if it were ARS would the antibiotics have taken effect?
would my fever stay with me for while?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 06:00:55 am »
Why,

I'm not going to get into a discussion with you about symptoms. It will only cause you greater distress and irritate me - something neither of us wants. Symptoms mean nothing when it comes to diagnosing HIV infection.

What are reliable indicators of HIV infection are certain risk behaviours (which you have not had) and positive anti-body test results.

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with how HIV is and is not transmitted.

MtD

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 06:05:54 am »
You do not get HIV from receiving oral sex.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 07:41:30 am »
Bearing in mind nicks, cuts, bruises, oral bleeding and many more variations on the blow job theme, there has never been a single documented case in the entire history of the HIV epidemic of transmission via getting a blow job.

It's safe to say that you will not make history by becoming the first, your details notwithstanding. No kidding.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 06:19:26 pm »
yeh but how fast are we looking?

6 weeks and ive had a fever 40.6 c , ulcers in my throat...tho after antibiotics my fever was gone.
if it were ARS would the antibiotics have taken effect?
would my fever stay with me for while?

Hiv is viral.  It laughs in the face of antibiotics and would remain unaffected by them.

You have had no risk of hiv infection.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 01:31:53 pm »
Im sorry...

i guess im so worried i start to believe its real...
when i keep sweating and have such a hard time shaking this fever off cause it keeps coming back
i start to believe it all over again.
i got tested for many things , heps and infections and blood count....all results were ready in 3 days except the HIV
which started to scare me cause i was wondering why? did they find something and they have to keep testing
i mean how long does it take,

im sorry

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 02:02:56 pm »
It can take up to two weeks to get your results.

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 05:04:57 pm »
Hey Guys,
Call me paranoid , but i just had protected with a female and after we were done i seem to be covered in blood ,
i was sure what to do as i sat there for about 10 mins with the condom still on , i tried to wipe as much blood as i could off
around the top area and had a shower with the condom still on, then took it off and started to clean myself up.
now i dont know her HIV status , but what are the chances of me of getting something? should i be worried?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 05:13:54 pm »
NONE, that's what the condom was for PROTECTED SEX.

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 05:17:00 pm »
thanks rod,
how long roughly would you say blood can infect for while on the skin?
like how long can the hiv live in the blood before it cant infect?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 06:49:48 pm »
Blood on the skin that is intacked won't infect.

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 06:54:45 pm »
Rod,

Yeh i understand that , im saying if it were to make its way to a cut or the head of my penis
how long does the blood stay a threat of infection?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 06:59:28 pm »
Don't even start with the IF'S. You had protected sex, continue having protected sex and you won't have a worry about blood. HIV in blood can not matain outside the body.

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 07:32:21 am »
Hey guys ,

I know this is really gonna sound dumb but i was just wondering can hiv survive if it was frozen?
i mean i may have eaten an icecream and i hadnt notice till a few seconds it had this red lace.
say it was blood would hiv have died in the cold or is it still possible to be living.?

Offline RapidRod

Re: please help , i know im being stupid
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 07:39:17 am »
Please keep all your questions and thoughts in your orginal thread.

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 07:41:27 am »
i know, say it wasnt food say it was blood?
i mean so many scares with thinks happening with factorys , its a possible.
but would it still be active under those conditions?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2007, 07:46:41 am »
Why,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Hiv is NOT transmitted via food, frozen, cooked or raw.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 07:48:40 am »
sorry about that.

thanks

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2007, 11:16:10 pm »
Hi ,

Back again..

Its just i slepted with a girl protected , sucked on her nipples and fingered her , after i went to have a shower i started to was myself. the thing is i then started to clean around my anus i remembered i had a minor cutt there elalier then i realize i used the same finger i fingered her with like 30 mins before. she sez something about how she was in her home town and she found out  member of her family was hiv poz and said she had a test a month before. but i didnt believe that and started to worry. its been about 5 weeks and i have a throat infection a slight sweats through out the day and im really starting to worry. i know i was protected but could any other aspect of whats happened maybe possible?

please help once again

Offline k20a2

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2007, 11:36:36 pm »
where do you live?

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2007, 11:38:19 pm »
hi ,

How is that relevant to my question?

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2007, 01:24:27 am »
no one can help me out? :(

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2007, 01:36:10 am »
no one can help me out? :(

Nope.  Probably not.  Not if you have been hanging around here since June of last year and are still coming to the table with situations like this one.  In all this time, have you yet read the Lessons section to find out about HIV really is transmitted?  You're talking about washing your sore, scraped butt in the shower with the finger you stuck inside some girl 30 minutes before who happened to mention that someone in her family was positive.

What do you think we're going to tell you here?  What do you think?  I'm not going to tell you.  You tell me.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 02:33:07 am by thunter34 »
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2007, 04:32:12 am »
K20,

Please keep your nosey self in your own thread, which is the ONLY place you should be posting further thoughts or questions.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2007, 04:32:52 am »
whyme,

I have nothing to add to thunter's post. He said it all.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2007, 06:49:49 pm »
Hi Guys ,

I know , your sick to death of me. Believe  me I wish I didn’t have my life controlled by fear.

After getting hammered before I managed to convince I was fine. I had protected Sex and got on with my life. An Ex girlfriend came over and we hit old flames. Then she gave me head , I was fine until she left. But then alarms bells started ringing and I was fearing for her. What if I had something and I have it to her through oral, then was no ejack but I did feel myself pulsate so maybe its possible I leaked something?

I know you guys think im going mad and maybe this is an example of what constant “what if “ thinking is and people can learn to realise that. (sush as myself ).

Whare her chances of getting something if I had it? Please dont shoot me down.
Please just let me know so I can be on my way and yes I am thinking about seeking help for this phobia problem.

I really appreciate you guys getting me by.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2007, 07:24:10 pm »
Whyme,

Clearly your fears about HIV infection are a serious mental health issue for you. We're really not able to assist you with that. You need to seek the support of of a mental health professional.

MtD

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2007, 11:54:27 pm »
i understand.

so i guess those recent incidents in the shower or my hands touching her fluids then cleaning myself minutes later pose not threat of infection?

and a girl giving a blow job has minimal risk of catching something "if" a male was infected?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2007, 12:05:52 am »
so i guess those recent incidents in the shower or my hands touching her fluids then cleaning myself minutes later pose not threat of infection?

Your guess is correct.

and a girl giving a blow job has minimal risk of catching something "if" a male was infected?

That depends on what something you're referring to. If a male was infected with gonnorrhoea then her chances of contracting that are more than minimal. HIV transmission under such circumstances is a theoretical risk only.

You don't have to be concerned about having contracted HIV. Please seek the help of a mental health professional. We're not able to assist you any further.

MtD

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2007, 12:10:08 am »
Thank you so much matty.

im so sorry for being a pain in the arse.

ill try and stay away from this site.

Thanks again.

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2007, 06:58:40 pm »
Im so sorry,

But i have one more question.

(may sound slightly graphic.)

I had been to the toilet to find a little bit of blood in my poo , a slight cut to my anus (nothing big) an hour later we had a guest over, She requeasted floss and she flossed her teeth. a few drinks later she gave me a rim job. putting her finger and her tounge in my ass. now say my ass would of started bleeding (so was cut) and she had blood in her mouth from flossing. is there a mayjor risk?

i know this sounds stupid but i really wanna bury this so i can get on with my life.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2007, 07:04:07 pm »
Ok Why,

This is just silly. Now you're making things up. We've already told you that you don't have to worry about HIV and no matter how many nonsensical situations you invent our answers aren't going to change.

Move on.

MtD

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2007, 07:06:46 pm »
i swear to you matty im not making this up,
i was just too embaressed to mention it.
this is the last encounter i had with a blowjob which the rimming was my first rim job.
thats exactly how it happened and my anus felt irritated for a week.
please matty could you answer it?

i swear this is all real.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2007, 07:14:10 pm »
You were never at risk.

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2007, 07:45:40 pm »
Hi! its me crazyman!

I recently started seeking counselling about my problem , i guess its cleared a few things.
i finally got the courage to goto the doctor and get a blood test. when i saw him come out with the needle i saw it was already open. i made a quick gag about used needles just so if he didnt realise he'd know, then he said that he had just opened it.

anyhow my test came out negative which was a relief , But 4 weeks later Bang! i get this really high fever and my throat starts hurting and my lymph nodes start to swell. i was like "you gotta be F%$$ kidding me?!" i knew this would strike me the wrong way.

to make a long story short i had a fever for 2 and a half days , all flu symptoms under the sun. i felt like a truck hit me. the doc gave me pills that seemed to be for pain relief and after a few hours left i felt half way to recovery.

does Med have an effect on ARS symptoms? and how long do symptoms last for?

please dont just tell me symptoms are no indication cause i know that much but if these questions could be answered id really appreciate it.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2007, 08:04:16 pm »
You didn't have a risk. You aren't going through ARS. Continue with your counselling.

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2007, 08:07:27 pm »
not this circle again? please rod answer those queastions for me?
this is a first time Doc and the place seemed kinda clueless.
if the needle had been used? i mean we hear about it all the time.
please answer those about ARS.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2007, 08:14:09 pm »
There is nothing to answer. You were never at risk, they don't reuse needles and you were never at risk.

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2007, 03:38:24 am »
why,

"This circle" is of your own making, not ours. You admit to asking the doctor about used needles and he told you he just opened it. You did not have a risk.

Sometimes a "flu-like" illness is just that - the flu.

I rejected the new account you applied for. Multiple accounts are against the Terms of Membership which you agreed to when you became a member. This information is also contained within the Welcome Thread, which you should have read by now. So really, you have no excuse. Try that again and be banned.

You are very close to a time out. Consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2007, 07:33:06 pm »
Look im really sorry ,

the doctor just seem so shady , they seemed so inexperienced it left so many markings on my arms for days. and then i feel this 4 weeks later. i dont wanna come here as much as you dont want me here.

i just need those few more bits of info about ARS to help me move on.

like i said, im sorry

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2007, 07:45:50 pm »
Look im really sorry ,

the doctor just seem so shady , they seemed so inexperienced it left so many markings on my arms for days. and then i feel this 4 weeks later. i dont wanna come here as much as you dont want me here.

i just need those few more bits of info about ARS to help me move on.

like i said, im sorry

I fail to see why your belief that your doctor is shady would motivate you to attempt to create a sockpuppet account here in the forums.

The last thing you need is "those few more bits of info". The reason being is that you've become a Beyond Worried Well. What you need to do is to seek the assistance of a mental health professional to help you deal with your various and unfounded fears about HIV. We cannot provide you with that support here.

You should also be aware that a time out is not a punishment nor an attempt to get rid of you. If the moderators wanted to get rid of you, they'd just ban you permanently. For some people, such as yourself, participation in this forum can become a toxic, damaging thing. A time out is designed to encourage you to get the face-to-face support you so clearly need.

But rather than being timed out, why don't you go and arrange some help for yourself? The choice is yours.

MtD

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2007, 09:19:19 pm »
ok , i understand. let me ask one more thing and im gone. you can block my account if i ask anything after this about this discussion. i beg you.

if 4 weeks after an incedient i have a high fever,saw throat,headaches and flu symtoms  for about 5 days, if i was seroconverting and i took a bloodtest right now, would it come out on the bloodtest as pos if that was me seroconverting and ive just been through it??

please have mercy and answer me that and im gone. please.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2007, 09:21:35 pm »
Why,

This crap has gone on long enough. We've already answered all of your questions and I see nothing new in what you've just posted. You were never at risk of contracting HIV and so whatever is making you ill, it's not HIV.

You've been reported to the moderators.

MtD

Offline whymewhyg

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2007, 09:26:40 pm »
you never give answers? i just wanted to know that.
you make it sound like its all impossible when all i ask is for a fact.
i didnt ask if i was at rick simply if serconverting means it would show as a positive.
jus so i could go get my test done tomorrow and know that it wasnt me seroconverting..
just me being sick and i can get on with my life

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.