Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:56:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 211
Total: 211

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Needle(neurotip)exposure  (Read 23104 times)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: risk?
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2010, 07:53:39 pm »
Doc,

I knew exactly what you meant. Now get what I mean - NO RISK.

Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

Keep posting over this latest no risk incident and you'll quickly be given a second time out - and this one will last for 56 days.

PLEASE CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline doc21

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2010, 12:03:10 am »
wats the significance of hiv duo negative at 8 weeks.
i have read its 98% accurate at 28 days.does it remain so at 8 weeks or it accuracy decreases?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2010, 12:32:56 am »
Is this over a no risk event? If so, a test given at any time would be accurate.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline doc21

Needle(neurotip)exposure
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2010, 04:49:50 am »
Hi
While examining a patient for neuropathy( on face) with a lancet, i accidentally felt a prick on my finger. it was just a superficial erosion, no bleeding. HIV status of patient Unknown.
Does this constitute a risk?

Offline RapidRod

Re: Needle(neurotip)exposure
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2010, 06:15:57 am »
■Please do not start a new thread every time you have another question or thought - regardless if you think your questions are related to each other or not. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Additional threads will be merged.

Offline doc21

« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2010, 09:57:19 am »
ohk
i will make sure i dont start a new thread
but plz answer my question

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2010, 11:04:07 am »
ohk
i will make sure i dont start a new thread
but plz answer my question
Your questions will not be answered until you return to your original thread.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2010, 11:16:14 am »
Doc,

This is the FOURTH time we've had to merge your threads. Continue to ignore our posting rules at your peril.

Do you seriously expect us to believe you are a doctor? Your ignorance where hiv is concerned is astounding for a medical practitioner. You can't even follow our simple rules here.

A lancet prick is not a risk for hiv infection. The only needle sticks that are risky are ones from a hollow bore needle. Your hospital or clinic should have PEP protocols in place and you should have referred to them if you were worried about this. But I don't suppose that was actually possible, because I do not believe you are a medical practitioner. If you are, you need to go back to med school.

Don't think you'll be allowed to keep posting about this latest no risk incident. You'll quickly be given a 56 day time out.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline doc21

« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2010, 11:21:49 am »
Thnx for you reply
I have just passed med school
So i was worried about this exposure.Its not clearly mentioned what constitutes superficial scratch in guidelines for PEP.
In my case there was no bleeding and it was on my palm where skin is thick.
so what is your recommendation?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2010, 11:44:37 am »
Seek professional mental help to deal with your phobias.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2010, 11:45:20 am »
Once again, you had no risk so there is nothing for you to do about this latest incident.

If you are going to be a medical health practicioner of any kind you really need to become better educated about HIV issues. There are lessons on this site about transmission, testing and other key issues. That's a good place to start. You've already been told repeatedly what the basics are about risk. One wonders if you are really taking in what is said to you or not.

Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2010, 11:46:40 am »
doc,

I recommend that you stop worrying about this NO RISK incident.

I also recommend that you request some aids awareness training. You certainly need it if you're going to practice medicine. And the next time something like this happens, you should follow the protocol of the establishment you're working for and report the incident instead of running to the internet.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.