Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:35:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 226
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 200
Total: 200

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Worry  (Read 7724 times)

Offline Worryman12

Worry
« on: January 14, 2011, 08:49:18 pm »
Like everyone that's new here, I also am thankful to the providers of this forum and the wonderful members and especially the moderators. Thanks for the service that you are providing.

Well, this is my situation. From everything that I read here on this forum I might be consider a no risk at exposure for hiv but my symptoms are letting me to believe that I might have been infected with hepatitis but hiv worries are still there. 
So, on Dec. 17, 2010 I had sex with a stripper. She provided me with a condom which she put on me and it appear it was okay. She gave me oral and then we had intercourse. I am not sure if the condom ever broke but shortly after, within 24 hours, I started to feel pain on my testicals and then came my worries of hiv. My question to the forum is would I have noticed if the condom broke? She also took it off and wiped my penis with a baby wipe. If the baby wiped touched her fluids would that had cause an exposure for hiv? What about hepatitis, which is what I think I was infected with? Is that enough exposure to be infected? Lets assumed she used the wipe on herself and then wiped me off. Would that amount of fluid be enough to result on a positive exposure of hiv or hepatitis? Please help.

By the way I have already been to the doctor and got tested after 3 wks and 2 days. Would that pick up any infection of these diseases? If this is not the correct forum for hepatitis questions please provide me with a link to their forum. Thanks. Worryman waiting with anticipation.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Worry
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 08:59:43 pm »
This is, most assuredly, not an HIV situation. You had protected sex and thus were not at risk.

When a condom breaks, it's very noticeable. Condoms are designed to fail catastrophically - they end up looking shredded, so you would have known. Properly used, latex condoms very rarely fail.

The baby wipe matter also not a concern in terms of HIV. Any HIV that came in contact with the baby wipe would have been deactivated almost instantly. As viruses go, HIV is fragile and the substances used on baby wipes are very hostile to it.

As for the hepatitis, we cannot assist you with that. If you are concerned about Hepatitis (there are several different kinds -- all unrelated) then you should speak with your doctor.

MtD

Offline Worryman12

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 07:25:36 am »
Hey Matty still waiting for my results but today I just had a very weird thing happen to me. I wanted to know if you thought it could be potentially related and although it might sound absurd I am very freaked out about anything that looks out of the ordinary.

Today is my 4 wk 2 days since the exposure. I woke up and found my self pee I looked at my underwear and it appear there was some type of discharge which almost resemble semen.  I know the doctor asked me if I had any pre discharged and I said no because I didn't at the time but is this something I need to worry about? Is this related to ARS or does it sound familiar to any other STD/STI. Please help, I am worry to death. Also, since doctor visit at 3 wks I have felt extreme pain in my abdomen upper left and right as well as some lower and yesterday I noticed some tingleling on my tongue is almost as if I had a cut on the tip.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 07:56:21 am »
You never had a risk of contracting HIV.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 09:50:19 am »
As you have been told you did not have a risk for HIV. So if you are having some kind of discharge which is troubling you, that's something to discuss with your doctor.

We can't diagnose anything in this setting. Also, we do in general advise anyone who is sexually active to at least annual have a full STD panel done. Other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV so it's a good precaution to take.

What we can say with certainty is that whatever is going on has nothing do with HIV because nothing you are reporting put you at risk for HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline Worryman12

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 01:38:04 pm »
Thanks Andy. I just called the doctors office and they told me that my test were all negative. However, I don't believe she looked at everything right b/c I was diagnose in 2008 with hsv1. I asked about this and she said it was negative (but I know is not so).

However, you and everyone here said that I was a no risk. Ok I understand. But lets assume that I did get infected what are the probability that I would of had seroconversion at 3 wks and 2days. Sorry for being a nuances and I appreciate the patience you guys/gals have for people like me. I really mean it. Is just that we make mistakes and then we wish we could take them back but we can't. I just want to hear what people like you, that have dealt and heard almost everything, think about the situation to bring some normalcy to our little lifes. Thanks Last time I will post until my 3 months test, or do you think I should wait until 6 months?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 02:16:06 pm »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 02:27:03 pm »
Thanks Andy. I just called the doctors office and they told me that my test were all negative. However, I don't believe she looked at everything right b/c I was diagnose in 2008 with hsv1. I asked about this and she said it was negative (but I know is not so).

However, you and everyone here said that I was a no risk. Ok I understand. But lets assume that I did get infected what are the probability that I would of had seroconversion at 3 wks and 2days. Sorry for being a nuances and I appreciate the patience you guys/gals have for people like me. I really mean it. Is just that we make mistakes and then we wish we could take them back but we can't. I just want to hear what people like you, that have dealt and heard almost everything, think about the situation to bring some normalcy to our little lifes. Thanks Last time I will post until my 3 months test, or do you think I should wait until 6 months?

No,let's NOT assume that you are infected. We're not here to indulge you in your anxious guessing when you have already been told you were not at risk. You don't even need to test at 3 months and certainly not at 6 months. Are you actually listening to what is said to you here or are you just locked into your scary thinking which has no basis whatsoever in HIV science.

No risk means NO RISK and no need for testing. What you do with that science-based information is up to you. I can tell you we're not going to do a back and forth with you over a clearly non-risk situation.
Andy Velez

Offline Worryman12

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 03:10:38 pm »
OK.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 04:44:45 pm »
And in case you haven't seen my posting in response to your asking questions of someone newly infected in the JUST TESTED POZ forum, you need to stay out of the other forums on this site.  

Your insensitivity in doing that and ignoring our rules about someone who is not infected going into the other sites is especially outrageous and insensitive when you didn't even have a genuine risk. Talk about self-indulgent and giving into your unwarranted fears and not caring a whit for the feelings of someone who is newly positive and dealing with that.

Shame on you, no kidding.
Andy Velez

Offline Worryman12

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 06:59:39 pm »
My apologies Andy I didn't mean it that way. Lately I have been making bad judgment and selfish  calls. I hope that person stays healthy as much as possible and hope he can life a long joyful life with friends and family and I would apologize if you allow me to go in there again. Again Andy Shame on me for my selfishness. I really regret it. Will stay away from posting more egocentric comments. I really hope you and him and the members of this great community can forgive me.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 07:03:16 pm »
My apologies Andy I didn't mean it that way. Lately I have been making bad judgment and selfish  calls. I hope that person stays healthy as much as possible and hope he can life a long joyful life with friends and family and I would apologize if you allow me to go in there again. Again Andy Shame on me for my selfishness. I really regret it. Will stay away from posting more egocentric comments. I really hope you and him and the members of this great community can forgive me.

Why don't you move on? We've answered your questions and there is nothing more we can do for you here. So if you really do have respect for us and our community prove it by logging out and leaving us alone.

MtD

Offline Worryman12

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 07:15:20 pm »
Point taken Matty. I will because I do. Hope you wont be upset if in the future I come back to educate myself more and to help in which ever way I can. Good luck to everyone and life long.  :'(

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 09:23:12 pm »
No, don't go into that thread again just to apologize. Apology accepted.

As Matty has indicated, the best thing you can do is to be move on with your life and to make sure that you protect your health by always using condoms for vaginal and anal intercourse. That's the best way to stay healthy and to prevent the epidemic from spreading. 
Andy Velez

Offline Worryman12

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 07:50:38 am »
I know I am doing this wrong but I didn't much time. Had to do this a quickly as possible and I dont remember how to start a new topic so I just reply here. Anyways, I am here again because I did it again. I thought I might have learned from my last experience and when I was all freaked out but I am starting to notice that I am very impulsive and probably need some psych treatment for that.

Well after this last experience that I am replying to took place I got tested at 3 wks at 6 months and at 18 for all STI including HIV and everything came back negative. However, since that test which wasn't too long ago maybe a month I thought I could attend the same place my initial contact took place and just watch and not do anything. The first time I did, but the second time I didn't and I ended up having sex with another stripper. I am here because I have a question maybe to Andy or Matty. Both of you treated me with kindness and respect last time. I know you will say that I had low risk but I still will like to ask the question because I would like to prevent anyone else from getting it. Here it goes, on 8/11/12, I went and had oral and vaginal sex. The condoms the sex workers used are non lube so that they can give head. I thought I was only going to get head but I ended putting her doggy style and had vaginal that way. I ejaculated inside her within a minute or two and pulled out. I didn't notice anything but when I got home my shaft was red and had spots. I also so that I had some blood by the bottom of the shaft and that may me freak out which is why I am here. I wiped the blood off with baby wipes and took a shower and looked for the cut but I couldn't find any and it may me think that it could have been hers. I though that maybe I have gotten hpv but if that is the case than the condom must have had a little tear leading me to believe that maybe I had bigger things to worry about. Anyways, I did the at home vinegar test for hpv and it turn white. However, i do not have any cauliflower bumps. is just flat redness towards the bottom part of the shaft not the tip. Well, in a few days I am getting married and I would not like to infect my fiancee if I am positive. I am also afraid to tell her this happened again. I think I may be able to avoid sex for a while but don't know how long. Will I put her at risk if I have contracted the virus? I have read that during those initial days after contracting the virus there is a higher risk of spreading it to others even in saliva. I dont want to spread it to her but I dont know what to do. Please advise. Also, this might be all jumble but I didnt have enough time with so many people around me. Hope you can understand everything I tried to explain and ask.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 09:18:51 am »
You don't have an HIV concern.

Offline Worryman12

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 06:21:52 pm »
Thanks RapidRod for getting back to me. It definitely helps when somebody listens. I forgot to mentioned that I had a herpes1 sore on my mouth and I also kissed her not to long but we kiss. It might have been a bit ruff. I also started to get more pain in my neck area wont say lymph nodes necessarily since I am no health practitioner but around there and I got a cough that would not go away for like 30 minutes and which I still feel on the bottom of my throat. And I am not freaked out this time like before but just concerned not transferring whatever it is to my significant other. Most likely a non hiv issue but maybe something else. Guess I should off thought of that before???

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 04:03:45 am »
Worry,

There are so many misconceptions in your post that I'm not too sure where to begin, so I guess I'll begin with the two that pissed me off the most.

You kissed someone while you had an active herpes outbreak? Way to go man, that's an excellent way to spread your herpes. I hope you keep your herpes off your wife-to-be, particularly where oral sex is concerned. You can give your wife genital herpes that way and genital herpes can have dire consequences for any babies she may have. Keep your damn herpes to yourself! Anytime you have herpes on your mouth (or penis) keep it away from other people and do not share cups, eating utensils or towels with them.

Saliva is never infectious for hiv - regardless of how high or low the viral load is.

The red spots that appeared the same night as your PROTECTED, NO HIV RISK intercourse could not have been HPV - at least not from the activities you took part in that night. HPV doesn't show up immediately and if you DO have HPV, you got it elsewhere some time in the past. Also, the vinegar test for HPV isn't fool-proof. If the spots are still there, you need to have them looked at by a doctor. Stop (mis)diagnosing yourself.

It doesn't matter if you got blood on the shaft of your penis. Hiv cannot infect through the skin and that includes the skin on your penis. As long as the head of your penis was covered, you were protected where hiv is concerned. When condoms break, it's not about small tears or tiny holes. A broken condom is VERY obvious and you WOULD have noticed.

You have NOT had a risk for hiv infection. Other, much more easily transmitted STIs are another matter entirely.

You and your fiancee BOTH should have a complete sexual health check up before you get married and stop using condoms. Don't give me any crap about how you "know" your fiancee is pure or a virgin or whatever. You BOTH need to have complete check ups.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

PS - You did the right thing using your original thread to post in. That's what you're supposed to do and if you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you would know that.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 04:06:34 am by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Worryman12

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 07:42:09 am »
Ann, thanks for your comment and your advice. The herpes sore came actually after. About 48 hours past contact. However, I felt the tingling sensation prior. I looked for any visible signs of a sore but didn't see one the day before or that day. What I don't understand is that if I do have herpes I keep on testing negative for it both. The last test was conducted about a month ago. Also, I have never shown any signs of hpv but I have been told by my doctor this is not possible to test for in males. I usually keep away from people when I feel the sensation of a possible sore. I should have done that this time as well. I will do what you say and keep my herpes to myself.   

Offline Worryman12

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 08:03:51 am »
Also, Ann I misspoke when I said the blood was at the bottom of my shaft I actually intended to say the bottom of my head or the top of the shaft. It is around the area where your foreskin peels back (just underneath your head). sorry for the misunderstanding. But I had everything covered so I guess this still makes no difference when it comes to hiv.Right???

Offline Worryman12

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 08:25:30 am »
Also, to further clarify my initial post of 8/14 or 8/13 whenever I used the word shaft I meant to use the word head. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Offline Worryman12

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2012, 10:20:36 am »
I am so nervous now. I definitely believe i am infected with genital herpes. Have more than a dozen little pimple like spots around my pub hair areA. Other symptons that have develop over the last couple of days have been headache and diarrhea as well as swollen lymph nodes. Last night work up and was all sweaty but no fever. I dont know what to do. Can these be the first signs of ARS or just mu body fighting the herpes virus. Can somebody tell me whats good for the itchyness? Feeling Confused and alone. Dont know what to do with my life.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2012, 11:37:18 am »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result,  or no-risk situation will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2012, 05:26:15 am »
Worry,

If you're worried about herpes, go see a doctor. And yes, primary herpes infection can make you feel generally ill. Many viruses can, not just hiv. UNLIKE hiv, herpes is spread through simple skin-to-skin contact.

You have NOT have a risk for hiv infection.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.