Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:09:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37634
  • Latest: Hope007
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 226
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 214
Total: 214

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Neuromuscular  (Read 6350 times)

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
Neuromuscular
« on: May 24, 2009, 09:14:41 pm »
Hey guys has any one ever had Neuromuscular problems like tremor in what started in my hands now it entire body.I don,t know if it is medicine related or something else.What it reminds me of is what Mark,s older sister has MS.Not sure on my spelling would appreciate any input will be bring up subject at doctors on wednesday.I am becoming very alarmed it seem to be worst when I get upset but now it,s all the time.
Scooter

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Neuromuscular
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 09:11:46 am »
I wouldn't even venture a guess to what it could be.  I think only a doctor would be able to help with that.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 09:50:29 am »
You've been referring to this tremor situation for a couple of months now, repeatedly.  Why in the world would you not seek the views of a doctor after that amount of time?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 09:52:45 am »
I wouldn't even venture a guess to what it could be. 

I couldn't tell you either Scooter. You need to really sit down with your doctor, and open up, and explain everything that's going on. Perhaps some more tests are required. I've never had to deal with that problem.

Hope you get some answers-----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 10:35:45 am »
Yes it has been a couple of months . At first it was very mild not so much any more . I made the mistake to bring mark to the last doctors appointment and I guess you can say I had a brain fart .I thought that by bring mark to the appointment would help him understand fat chance .He was sitting there when the doctor talked to the both of us . He claims to have a bad memory he remembers only what he want to . This weekend we got into three fights having to do with the this computer . He is like a child with a toy he asked a question I tried to help and here we go again. Like I said I go to the doctor office this Wednesday at 11:00 am and my group meeting is at 1:15 pm . lets see if I can make both.
Scooter
P.S. I am sure when I talk to ID Doctor she will say I not sure we will send you to a different Doctor which will take I guess about two months.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 10:38:49 am by Dwayn20 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 01:16:09 pm »
Trying to find anwers to complex medical problems usually takes time, Dwayn20.  This could have probably been a little ways taken care of if you would have pushed the issue when you saw your doctor last time.  I do not put responsibility on another human being to "remember" what the doctor said, or to take charge of my health problems.  If you can't do that for yourself, maybe you need a guardian.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 03:38:18 am »
Remember when you go to not only bring a pad with all the questions you want to ask but also to WRITE DOWN what the DR says.

If the DR says she doesn't know what is wrong and wants to send you to someone else don't get upset she doesn't know the answer but be glad she is concerned enough to follow through.  I know you want answers right away but sometimes we just have to be patient.  I know with my esophageal stricture I wanted to know WHY I had one ... and the DRs answer was that it was an idiopathic stricture.  Idiopathic is a fancy way of saying they don't know.  Unfortunately, there is still a lot about our bodies that doctors don't know and that tends to increase in LTS.

Good luck,
AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 10:07:19 pm »
They are setting me up with a Neurologist Appointment so we will see what happen I remember every thing I was supposed to ask.My t-cells dropped a little she added another medicine for cholesterol more pills yummy.
Scooter

Quote from: AndyArrow link=topic=27285.msg337606#msg 337606 date=1243323498
Remember when you go to not only bring a pad with all the questions you want to ask but also to WRITE DOWN what the DR says.

If the DR says she doesn't know what is wrong and wants to send you to someone else don't get upset she doesn't know the answer but be glad she is concerned enough to follow through.  I know you want answers right away but sometimes we just have to be patient.  I know with my esophageal stricture I wanted to know WHY I had one ... and the DRs answer was that it was an idiopathic stricture.  Idiopathic is a fancy way of saying they don't know.  Unfortunately, there is still a lot about our bodies that doctors don't know and that tends to increase in LTS.

Good luck,
AA

Offline Lis

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 11:29:20 pm »
I had  those symptoms.. make sure you doc does a T4 T3 TSH .. after years on meds, I developed Graves Disease.. If its that they will send you to an endocrenoligist..

best of luck!!
poz 1986....

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 01:00:57 am »
Thank you Liz I looked up the info you provided and about seventy percent of what I read is what,s going on with me.
Scooter
P.S.I made a copy of what you said to have checked an no your name is not on it.Thanks Again.

I had  those symptoms.. make sure you doc does a T4 T3 TSH .. after years on meds, I developed Graves Disease.. If its that they will send you to an endocrenoligist..

best of luck!!

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 10:50:06 am »
Update talked with my Nurse this morning.She had already did the test and ruled out Graves Disease.So now she said I have to wait to see a neurologist which may take a little while.She said try to be patience because it,s a teaching hospital.So who knows how long it will take I am fine with it as long as the hand tremors are not worst.
Scooter

http://www.myspace.com/dab6801
looking for friends

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.