Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 09:54:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773166
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 286
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 222
Total: 223

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Becks is coming to America  (Read 5443 times)

Offline ChaplinGuy

• Eat my left foot
Becks is coming to America
« on: January 12, 2007, 08:07:14 pm »

Can we all just celebrate for a minute the news that the greatest soccer player on the globe is now officially going to be playing for an American team. Sucks that it's the L.A. Galaxy, but at least he's U.S.-bound. I saw him play when he scored against Chelsea to give Man United the Premiership ... it was bloody friggin' amazing.

Sorry to you guys over in my former home state of the UK - no doubt, it's tough to lose your national mascot. If it makes you Brits feel any better, I think it's a rip that he traded to Madrid and is abandoning his roots. (Of course, it's our gain, so I'm rather happy about that last lot.)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
Re: Becks is coming to America
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 08:16:26 pm »
We're also getting Posh Spice.

That makes me even more excited.   ;)
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline ChaplinGuy

• Eat my left foot
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 08:18:09 pm »
Booooo....

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 08:29:14 pm »
The fact that only teams in the bottom half of the English Premiership wanted him has nothing to do with it.  Neither does the fact he'll be earning £70,000 a day either i'd be delighted to earn that in a year!  Seriously though Posh and Becks havent lived on planet earth for several years now you'll get some great fun out of them.  She constantly walks about like she's on a catwalk and he's rather dim haha.
Diagnosed 11/05

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 08:33:13 pm »
The fact that only teams in the bottom half of the English Premiership wanted him has nothing to do with it.  Neither does the fact he'll be earning £70,000 a day either i'd be delighted to earn that in a year!  Seriously though Posh and Becks havent lived on planet earth for several years now you'll get some great fun out of them.  She constantly walks about like she's on a catwalk and he's rather dim haha.

This is why I'm fortunate to currently find myself located at the opposite end of North America from where they'll be. 
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 08:34:48 pm »
Bad luck
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 08:46:37 pm »

LOL... you're welcome to them both. He's washed up and she's a wanna be Barbie doll. :D Talk about throwing good money at old rope... or whatever that saying is. I trust you get the gist? I thought they were a cute couple at first, but then it all started to get a bit nauseating.

At least maybe we won't have to hear about them all the time now.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 09:14:26 pm »
Becks and Posh...meet Los Angeles.

Los Angeles....meet Becks and Posh.

A match made in heaven!  ::)

Offline josenav

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 09:16:20 pm »
Wich is the best soccer team in US? I do like soccer and L.A. Galaxy is the most named here in Mexico.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 09:49:49 pm »
Do serious football fans actually consider Beckham the greatest soccer player in the world?  I always thought he was an above-average player, blessed with good looks and a famous wife.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 11:10:16 pm »
Wife and I decided that we would do BOTH of them!  And then switch and then switch and then... well you get the point.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline ademas

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 11:10:54 pm »
I don't know nothin' 'bout no football,
but I so want to make babies with him,
or die trying.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2007, 05:29:23 am »
This week David Beckham, still near the peak of his physical powers at the age of 31 signed a five-year, $250 million deal -- worth about $1.0m a week (510,000 pounds) -- with the Los Angeles Galaxy football club.

He was, he said, not doing it for the money but to help build the club and the sport in the United States.

Yeah, right. Next Becks will be trying to tell us that he doesn't get blowjobs for the orgasm, but for the edification of suckers.

My guess is he's anticipating having to buy lots of accessories for his Malibu Barbie.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007, 06:14:35 am »
My friend Melissa who is the personal assistant of Victoria will be unemployed...
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline Cliff

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2007, 06:49:48 am »
Why wouldn't they take her with them?  I assume you like a PA, you keep them.  But I suppose PA's in LA come a dime a dozen.

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2007, 06:03:32 pm »
Melissa went to the USA when she was 4 years old with her mother. She came back to Spain a few years ago to meet her father and she now has a boyfriend here. It does not make much sense to take her to the USA. She acted more as a secretary making reservations and many other arrangmentes for the Becks here as they do not speak Spanish or know the coutry very well.
A funny thing that happened to her a few months ago: she was recovering from a rhinoplasty and the press published a photograph of her and Victoria with the children. At the the foot of the photograph you could read: Victoria breaks the nose of her secretary...
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2007, 06:25:53 pm »
there is no doubt he is a good looking young man..it's a pity he is as thick as two short planks..and as for the stick insect he calls his wife..well, you are welcome to her.

It makes me angry when someone is prepared to pay a footballer that amount of money for kicking a ball around a field once a week when so many are on the povery line and struggling to make a decent life for themselves, not to mention members of our family who are getting sick because they can't get the money for thier meds...it's obscene as far as I'm concerned.

BTW...Pele was the greatest footballer in the world..not Beckham..but that's just my opinion... ;)
Hugs
Jan :-*
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 06:27:32 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline carousel

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2007, 06:51:16 pm »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 10:10:57 am by carousel »

Offline josenav

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2007, 10:32:49 pm »
there is no doubt he is a good looking young man..it's a pity he is as thick as two short planks..and as for the stick insect he calls his wife..well, you are welcome to her.

It makes me angry when someone is prepared to pay a footballer that amount of money for kicking a ball around a field once a week when so many are on the povery line and struggling to make a decent life for themselves, not to mention members of our family who are getting sick because they can't get the money for thier meds...it's obscene as far as I'm concerned.

BTW...Pele was the greatest footballer in the world..not Beckham..but that's just my opinion... ;)
Hugs
Jan :-*

Yeah that's true! Here in Mexico is one of the top country's where players get payed a lot of money! and they do nothing.
I see this unfair, even more because we haven't won a World Cup.  >:(

My opinion would be Maradonna as the best! or Ziddane.

Also i found this funny video!! and wanted to share!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjXi6X-moxE Hope you like it!! it made me laugh a lot

Jose
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 11:13:53 pm by josenav »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2007, 12:01:04 am »
FREDERIC MICHALAK IS BETTER LOOKING AND SEXIER!
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2007, 03:03:55 am »
LOL... 

I thought it was a reference to Beck's Motor Lodge - the motel that, after hours, becomes the cruisy sex spot where men screw their brains out all night - or what's left of the night.

When I read the header of this thread, I was like, "PUHLEEEZE, it's been here all along, duh!"  LOL

-joseph

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2007, 03:10:22 am »
That's in SF right?  For some reason I had it in my address book years ago as a place to go exploring.

Love the decor!

(not!)... now where's the Ritz-Carlton?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 03:12:43 am by philly267 »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline fearless

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2007, 03:32:02 am »
Did you see the papparazzi go mad when Posh arrived in LA today?

Good looking he is, and I find his softly spoken 'thickness' even sexier, but he ain't, never was and never will be the world's best soccer player.

Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2007, 08:11:11 am »
Hell it only cost a couple mill to purchase the London Bridge and move it to Lake Havasu. Mr Beckham and wife will generate about the same degree of interest in the USA. He's pushing a product that most Americans have little or no interest in...how many different ways can you try and market and sell a product Yanks ain't buying? Ten years from now Posh will be hawking Slimfast like poor ol' Fergie was reduced to.

p.s. if you don't believe me how fleeting fame is google Fergie and see who you come up with

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 08:30:22 am by Dachshund »

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2007, 08:47:27 am »
I just got around to checking this thread out.  I was wondering what it was - cause the beer has been in the US forever - now I get it.  Soccer celebs.  Well you know what they say about soccer in America - it's the game of the future, and it always will be.

Offline fearless

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 05:56:15 pm »
Soccer can't be doing too badly in the US though if some club has a spare $200 or $300 million, or whatever it is, to pay the guy over 5 years. Where do they get that sort of cash?
In Aus, our top paid football players (Aussie Rules) are lucky to earn $500,000 a year. Soccer players would be lucky to get $50,000.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.