Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:41:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 666
Total: 668

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My 25th Year With Hiv And It Sucks !!!!!!!!!! Seeking Friends And Support !  (Read 11962 times)

Offline marc1236

I've had a hard time of it lately,emotionally and physically. I became detectable 9 months ago after being undectable  for over a decade.I was laid off from my job 9 months ago  which I had for many years and i lost my health insurance when I lost my job. Survivor mode kicked in and I got free healthcare from a medical clinic that  gets donations from private individuals  which is on the west side and they have doctors in a  department there who only treat hiv and AIDS.They are great ! They are better doctors than the health insurance doctors I use to have.Also I have been getting free hiv meds for many years through ADAP and i still do. The downside is my virus has mutated,which i found out a week ago.The Atriplah I was taking for 3 years does not work in me anymore.They did a geno-type blood test on me and found out  about the specific mutation/strain of virus I have now.My doctor put me on some new drugs last week and I feel more energetic.I take 5 pills a day now /twice a day of various hiv drugs  on an empty stomach.He said it will be a  month before I'll  be able to know whether the drugs are working.

The thing is I've isolated myself  and  have not socialized with anyone in a long time. I'm attempting to get out more.There is a support group I plan to join soon that meets once a week.Though I need a group or friends I can see more than once a week !  I use to go to a variety of support groups for hiv...but  the people i grew close to in those groups died. The doctors tell me I could live many more years with hiv and said its a chronic conditionYet my recent blood test results remind me I am still not safe or out of the woods.And that its far from chronic !!! This is my 25th year with hiv and memories of its darker days.
The stress causes such tightness in my neck and skull. Doc gave me some medicine to relax. I try not to take that medicine since it makes me so tired and limp all over my body.I work out at the gym every day and watch my weight. I'm just not sure what will become of me. As for work I look all the time.I do get unemployment money and am on my  first extension.   I'M REACHING OUT to you and would love to have friends to do things with and LIVE and also I want to join a group for hiv support.I live on the westside by santa Monica And Brentwood and there are NO groups over here.There use to be.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
I was on treatment for 13 years before they got my viral load suppressed, and it's been suppressed now for the past 3 years -- the newer generation of medication is much better.  I also, like you, transitioned from private insurance doctors to a public clinic and have found my doctor to be as good as if not better than what I had previously.  Because of the patient demographic he deals with he's very experienced with resistance issues, etc.  So it's a great fit for me.

Isolating yourself is never good, so I do encourage you to be proactive in searching a support group you are comfortable with.  I was able to locate a small group targeted for long term survivors where I live, and have gone to it monthly now for three years.  Also, though I have not done it myself, I know some other group members have found the Strength in Numbers social group to be helpful -- they have chapters in most major cities and run their meet ups through yahoo groups.  You just sign up and get on their email list -- they meet up at bars, or go rafting, etc.  More stuff like that.

You're going through a lot right now obviously, with the compounded effect of having been laid off.  That happened to me in 2001 and it was a most unpleasant period.  I don't have much advice other than try and keep your head level, which is easier said than done.  Best of luck.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline marc1236

I appreciate the kind response someone just gave me to my posting.But what puzzles me is that alot of people have read my posting and I only got one response.WHY is that????????????? ???

Offline Miss Philicia

Hey Marc, it's probably because there are a lot of people who read posts in Long-term survivors but aren't LTS'ers themselves, so they're not supposed to post in here.  If you had wished for more responses you should have placed this post in the "Living With HIV" forum which is our most traveled forum here.  If you so wish, a simple PM to one of our moderators requesting that they move this thread there will do the job.

Offline AndyArrow

Marc,

I just wanted to reiterate what Philly said about not isolating yourself.  I know when things start falling apart we tend to fall back on yourselves but really that is the time when we need to look to others for support.  If you kind find a support group right away maybe one of the doctors at the clinic can point you towards a therapist you can talk with.

AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline weasel

Hey Marc ,
                 I know how you feel ...........

It is good you are reaching out .

Often  I only pop in here once in awhile  or everyday !

As  I live in the Ozark Mountains of Missouri , All I can say is I wish you

good health and hope you find the companionship you crave !

I am unable to find it in a town of 57 people   :-*

here's to finding new friends for you !

Carl

" Live and let Live "

Offline rabit64

Marc,

I know that as a newly diagnosed I'm not supposed to post here, but your comments moved me. I know that when that old demon depression takes over, you wonder if it is worth it, but it really is mate. Its people like you that give us newbies hope. We think that after diagnosis its all over, but folks like you and the others on here proove it is not. Thanks for being here and keep your chin up, we all need you.

"stay strong, live long and prosper"

Rob

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
Hey Marc,

I would like to welcome you. I have 24 years of being positive under my belt and I know just what you mean about those "darker days."

Your mention of going to groups, etc., and getting to know people, only to have them die off, really struck a cord with me. I think I can count on one hand the number of people still around from my early clinic days.

I also, coincidentally, used to live in LA and on the west side. I lived in Santa Monica, although that was a number of years ago.

I agree with the others. Isolating yourself isn't healthy. Continue to reach out here and in the other forums and do attend that support group you mentioned.

I look forward to hearing more from you.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Sebastian1969

Marc,
I am probably the last person that is "suppose" to post in here.  I am negative, my boyfriend has been positive for 15 years, in which I also feel like a survivor for that time.  I would like to let you, and all the people who have lived with this for so long--thank you, thank you for your open dialog, support of eachother and of the communities we live in.  Thank you for being a survivor and not giving up, thank you for giving other people hope, especially those that are newly diagonosed, or those friends and families of people with HIV. 
Sorry to hear about your job, the economy sucks right now.
My advice on finding people to hang out with, talk to is to start by finding people that are interested in the same things you are, rather that be sports, movies, theater, whatever and go from there.  I think it can be helpful to have a support group of people who are also HIV positive, but remember to also have a group of people you care about and that care about you with HIV just being something that come along with being your friend--hope that makes sense.
I hope things turn around for you quickly.

Offline PRMike

I've had a hard time of it lately,emotionally and physically. I became detectable 9 months ago after being undectable  for over a decade.I was laid off from my job 9 months ago  which I had for many years and i lost my health insurance when I lost my job. Survivor mode kicked in and I got free healthcare from a medical clinic that  gets donations from private individuals  which is on the west side and they have doctors in a  department there who only treat hiv and AIDS.They are great ! They are better doctors than the health insurance doctors I use to have.Also I have been getting free hiv meds for many years through ADAP and i still do. The downside is my virus has mutated,which i found out a week ago.The Atriplah I was taking for 3 years does not work in me anymore.They did a geno-type blood test on me and found out  about the specific mutation/strain of virus I have now.My doctor put me on some new drugs last week and I feel more energetic.I take 5 pills a day now /twice a day of various hiv drugs  on an empty stomach.He said it will be a  month before I'll  be able to know whether the drugs are working.

The thing is I've isolated myself  and  have not socialized with anyone in a long time. I'm attempting to get out more.There is a support group I plan to join soon that meets once a week.Though I need a group or friends I can see more than once a week !  I use to go to a variety of support groups for hiv...but  the people i grew close to in those groups died. The doctors tell me I could live many more years with hiv and said its a chronic conditionYet my recent blood test results remind me I am still not safe or out of the woods.And that its far from chronic !!! This is my 25th year with hiv and memories of its darker days.
The stress causes such tightness in my neck and skull. Doc gave me some medicine to relax. I try not to take that medicine since it makes me so tired and limp all over my body.I work out at the gym every day and watch my weight. I'm just not sure what will become of me. As for work I look all the time.I do get unemployment money and am on my  first extension.   I'M REACHING OUT to you and would love to have friends to do things with and LIVE and also I want to join a group for hiv support.I live on the westside by santa Monica And Brentwood and there are NO groups over here.There use to be.
Hi Marc 1236, my name is Mike and i too have been infected for 29 yrs this month, i understand what your going through and i would like you to know that you have a friend in me, I know that it might not help since i live in Florida but i think we still can become friends and e-mail each other. now i must tell you that i'm Hetrosexual but like I said i too am a long term survivor so if you want to be friends it's cool with me..
I do hope that things will be alright for you.. ok take care always mike
PRMike

Offline iPOZ

• HIV + since 1/1988
Hi Marc,
I'm glad you posted on here! I just want you to know that I'm thinking about you. I wish I was in the Santa Monica area so I could stop by and cheer you up and be there for you. I am in the Chicago area and have been positive for nearly 22 years. I do know how you feel. Whenever I go for my lab-work I am so nervous about what the results will be. I have had low CD4 counts for the last year (under 200) and it really has me scared to death. I just did some lab-work last week and I will find out the results on Wednesday (10/14). I sure hope my CD4 count has gone up!

I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you. Please feel free to contact me via email anytime you need someone to talk to. My email address is in my profile. Take care.

:)

Jim

Offline unclespongebob

• im the on on the right in the red shirt
hi marc

marc i have been poz for 5 months now ,but i have been looking for friends to talk to also. i live in ohio and u can email me or u can call me i will let u know that later ,drop me a line

peace and love bobby
friends are gods way of apologizing to us for our familys. / a real friend os one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. / everybody wants to ride with you in the limo,but what you need is sombody who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down./ one friend in a lifetimeis much; two are many; three are hardly possible.

Offline lforsyth

• Standard
  • Instaurator Ruinae
I know what your going through to some extent. I was diagnosed in 1986. I used to have a group of friends from work who were positive also but their all gone, so are my friends back in L.A. (I know live in Mesa, AZ). No gay places here as its the second seat of LDS church. My partner and I were only together 2 1/2 years when he died of heart failure suddenly in 01/00, he was only 40 at the time.

My main problem with getting to support groups is that I live 1/2+ hour from Phoenix and have double vision that makes night driving difficult (both eyes surgically straightened but not aligned).  Plus getting up early for work means I'm in bed pretty early. I'm going to a counselor near by every other week to keep my spirits up.  He's having me read a book called 'Feeling Good' to learn how to control the little voice from the brain.

Still, it would be nice to have a group or someone to do things with on the weekends. Email me anytime and hang in there.

Larry
Tested POZ in 1986, knew there was something wrong in 1985. 04/2010 CD4: 975 Viral Load undetectable. Prezista, Norvir, Truvada, Acyclovir, Plavix, Lisinopril, Metoprolol and a bedtime snack of Lipitor (YUM)

Offline Dachshund

hi marc

marc i have been poz for 5 months now ,but i have been looking for friends to talk to also. i live in ohio and u can email me or u can call me i will let u know that later ,drop me a line

peace and love bobby

Hey bobby, I know you mean well but this forum is for the Long-Term Survivors. Thanks for your cooperation.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
Hello Marc and welcome,
I agree the ups and downs off LT living suck and isolation has certainly been part off my storey. I find this site stimulating and very usefull to my situation.Will post more latter just wanted to make sure I said welcome. Theyer
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline marc1236

Re: My 25th Year With Hiv And It Sucks !!!!!!!!!! Seeking Friends And Support !
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 03:32:32 pm »
A month ago my doctor  did  a geno type blood  test  on me and found out my hiv virus had mutated.The good news is he instantly put me on new meds,because the Atriplah I was on  became resistant in me.So doctor put me on 5 new drugs,to take twice a day. Today o November 6th,2009 I got my newest blood test results that were drawn a week ago.I am now undetectable after Months of being detectable.My new meds are working !

I want to thank all of you for being there for me and supporting my feelings and showing compassion and understanding.I am deeply touched. I realize there will come a time ,possibly,when I will need you,if and when things turn for the worse.But for now I'm doing well.
Marc

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 03:41:12 pm »
That's good news -- glad to hear it, Marc.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 05:25:21 pm »
Today o November 6th,2009 I got my newest blood test results that were drawn a week ago.I am now undetectable after Months of being detectable.My new meds are working !

Marc

Marc,  Sorry I didn't respond earlier in this thread.  I just got so much going on myself , things can get overwhelming at times.

But I do want to say hello to you and welcome you.  And, Congratulations , on getting back to undetectable !!  Great news !!!

Take care of yourself----Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 05:28:37 pm »

Also don't know why my above post came out in your quote, but I can't seem to correct it.    :P  Computers, can't live with em , can't live without them !!

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009, 06:11:10 pm »
Bob thats Great I hope you go from strength to strength....theyer
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2009, 07:04:11 pm »
Hey Marc, you ain't getting off that easy, there are still quite a few of us to come out of the woodwork on this forum. 

Wow, what a wonderful thread, it's refreshing and heartwarming.

I'm just finishing up my 26th year, and when I read your post, I was relating also.  I had drug failure like you about a year ago, and was able to get on the new drugs then.  I so much understand the confusion and the insecurity also, I think many of us experience our own horrors at one time or another.  Stick around, and enjoy this website, it can really help us to heal through the words and feelings of our brothers and sisters from all over the globe. 

We are here when you need.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline mewithu

• mewithu
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2009, 08:00:47 pm »
 Not everyone gets noticed right away. be patient and people will start coming out of the woodworkyou could say.
 I am not doing very well myself right now I have a lot of things physically and mentally that i don't really care to discuss at this point but i am a survivor and i will get through some of these things i am sure as I am sure you will stand tall and get it all together and somehow meet new people and start enjoying life again.

JR :)
1997 is when I found out, being deathly ill. I had to go to the hospital due to extreme headache and fever. I fell coma like,  two months later weighing 95 pounds and in extreme pain and awoke to knowledge of Pancreatis, Cryptococcal Meningitis, Thrush,Severe Diarea,  Wasting, PCP pneumonia. No eating, only through tpn. Very sick, I was lucky I had good insurance with the company I worked for. I was in the hospital for three months that time. 
(2010 Now doing OK cd4=210  VL= < 75)
I have become resistant to many nukes and non nukes, Now on Reyataz, , Combivir. Working well for me not too many side effects.  I have the wasting syndrome, Fatigue  . Hard to deal with but believe it or not I have been through worse. Three Pulmonary Embolism's in my life. 2012 520 t's <20 V load

Offline pos2007

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2009, 08:48:12 pm »
Hey man, congratulations on  making  it 25 years and  attaining  undetectability  again! ;D If I  make it 25 years, ( I'd be 76)  especially  given all  my  other health  problems I  will call it a SUCCESS story.  I  hear you  on  the  lonely. Here in the bible thumping holier than everyone  belt it feels like people think  you are spraying them  with plague  germs by being in the same town. I really appreciate the 4  friends we  have  that didn't abandon us  after we got sick and were diagnosed. It still  makes it a very small world to  live  in  though.
Diagnosed  CD4 138 VL. 38,000
Partner Diagnosed CD4 <20  VL.  488,000

Offline MWCLTonline

• Windows Live Spaces - MWCLTonline
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2009, 03:18:33 pm »

“On Coming Home”

“Home is not a place; it is an attitude.  It is an attitude which depends on how much we are able to feel at home with ourselves as well as with others.  Home is something which happens to a person; homecoming has less to do with geography than it has to do with a sense of personal integrity or inner wholeness.

The most important of all endeavors in life is to come home.  The most terrifying of fears is loneliness.  It means that one has become a stranger to himself, and consequently, to others.  To be lonely is to feel fear, to be forever unsettled, never at rest, in need of more reassurance than life can give.

Someone truly loves us when he brings us home; when he makes us comfortable with ourselves, when he takes from us the strangeness we feel at being who we are.  We are loved when we no longer are frightened with ourselves.”

“Dawn Without Darkness” - Anthony Padavano

Greetings Marc, Y"All... :D
I found the above noted book and passage back when I had graduated from High School and joined the Christian Brothers, for real! although the district I was in wasn't the one that owned & ran the winery!, long before HIV but just in time to deal with my first coming OUT...  NTway, it has always rang true and helped guide me on my Journey!   As I think abt it now; it comes down to Purpose -above to routinely treat & increase life expectancy, and Passion -what to do now that you have time left.  I've been on SSDI since '93 (2 yrs after I tested + and applied for it) and it has and continues to work for me as does Medicare and all its parts.  I'm poor but happy, or at least content, and I've been on this road a while now.  ;) 

The first milestone for me was getting my first computer and access to the internet  :o !  So finding us is a great start; if you don't find any Live groups +/or bodies to interact with locally right away, you can practice and interact with us here!  ;D

Now here's the thing; In Aug of '05, feeling the dread of impending old age and AIDS, I gave up my Sct8 apt and moved in w/ a GWSM friend who had bought a house that I helped him move into and fix-up that ended up w/ me being thrown out on the streets over the '05-6 winter!  I then bounced between a brother and some friends and finally ended up where I am in Spr '06 determined that I'd shed all my bad friends and influences and never be homeless again for the rest of my life  ;)...  So I've been out of the loop for awhile as well!

I've been an activist, advocate, posterboy, writer, web designer, ...but mostly just an old retired fart lately.  But now that I'm gonna Live! what gives me the most pleasure is writing and sharing my experiences -in person, print or online...  Hope this helps!

"Coming OUT of Hiding: A Retrospective Journey Through AIDS..."
A Memoir * Michael W. Connett

"This story is about my most important endeavor in life.  To experience that greatest love of all; to truly love myself, to shed the strangeness I feel at being who I am and to no longer be frightened with myself.  This is my attempt to finally get myself home before I die.  Much of the strangeness and the fear I’ve felt has been the result of the beliefs, words and actions of the people around me.  Naturally, the most important and influential of those has been my family.  I’ve never really felt at home with them because I’ve always been a stranger to them.  Now, I think I understand why and that there was never any malice intended.  But the hurt and pain have been real.  They need to understand that, and how it has affected my life.  They also need to know that that understanding is my only motive; because if they understand me and my life, maybe they’ll finally love me enough to bring me home..."

Y'All take care...,
Michael
"HIV is something you live with every day for the rest of your life. You may never die of it, but you always die with it..."

http://mwcltonline.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!475412487967479F!1520.entry[/u]]http://mwcltonline.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!475412487967479F!1520.entry
[/color]
"HIV is something you live with every day for the rest of your life. You may never die of It, but you will always die with it..."

Offline MWCLTonline

• Windows Live Spaces - MWCLTonline
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 06:27:11 pm »
 ;D Greetings Y'All, Hi marc!
Thanks for your reply  ;) YW  :-* !

"As I think abt it now; it comes down to Purpose -above to routinely treat & increase life expectancy, and Passion -what to do now that you have time left.  But now that I'm gonna Live! what gives me the most pleasure is writing and sharing my experiences -in person, print or online..."

:o  :D U Like Me!!  :-*  >:(   ;) got this bite today: "I admire you.You responded to  a post of mine in this forum and you told me about your life and all that youve been through.I'm sorry it took me this long to respond. I felt strength from your posting.It helped bring out my inner strength and to not give up because  there's always hope.I believe God gives me what I can handle.Still its hard for me sometimes to  get on with my life.I get scared of the unknown and the known.  Again thank you for sharing your lifes experience."    ;D

"We wander but in the end there is always a certain peace in being what one is, in being that completely. The condemned man has that joy."  Ugo Betti
"You know more than you think you do." -Benjamin Spock
"Not admitting a mistake is a bigger mistake." -Robert Half
"Nobody can be successful if he doesn't love his work, love his job." -David Sarnoff

Pisces
You have an unusual gift for making a situation seem less dramatic, dear Pisces. Today, you will witness crises of all kinds. You will be the one who reassures people and who is able to sum up the situation objectively without panicking or exaggerating. This, coupled with your legendary calm, makes for a great combination!
The normal routine of your day will be disrupted early on by someone who needs your help with something entertaining. Turns out, they will end up giving you some help too, although you might not understand just how to ask them for it yet. In a business negotiation, your creativity will enable you to get what you want without sacrificing any of your hard-earned resources. If you make it clear that you are not willing to compromise, you must stand behind that statement.
**********************************************************************************
  ;) Ugo Betti made my day as I began and have, for the most part, continued My Journey feeling like the proberbial Dead man walking...  But once you experience that certain peace and joy you can draw on it to help you just keep Living! even though your dreams be tossed & blown...
Walk on, Y'All!
Michael
[/url]http://hivchat.ning.com/profile/MichaelConnettakaMWCLTonline[url]

Thx for validating (although it didn't necessarily depend on it ;)!) my Mission and fueling my Passion!
"HIV is something you live with every day for the rest of your life. You may never die of It, but you will always die with it..."

Offline beau1200

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2009, 02:14:13 am »
Sounds like you are getting a good bit of advice.  I am in Atlanta, and I totally understand what you mean.  I stopped working in Nov 2007.  I have become unmotivated, and just can't leave my place.  I try to schedule things with friends to help get myself out.  I am single and realize that I won't meet anyone if I don't get out of my house.  Even if it means just going to the local "gay" starbucks and sitting with friends, I have to plan so that I am somewhat obligated.  It is really hard to stay motivated.  Any other ideas, please share! 
Wish I was closer to you, we could help each other.
Best Wishes!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.