Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

Does Lexapro work?

<< < (2/11) > >>

JamieD:

--- Quote from: matty.the.damned on August 15, 2007, 11:56:10 pm ---I mean at Mass every Sunday morning, the priest knocked back a cup full of wine.

MtD

--- End quote ---

;D rofl. For some reason I knew you were going to say that.

Matty the Damned:
And Shadow, if your strict catholic upbringing prevents you from taking "brain medicines" how come it didn't stop you from having teh buttsex?

MtD

JamieD:

--- Quote from: matty.the.damned on August 16, 2007, 12:01:47 am ---And Shadow, if your strict catholic upbringing prevents you from taking "brain medicines" how come it didn't stop you from having teh buttsex?

MtD

--- End quote ---

He got it from an immaculate conception.  :P

Lemme stop. Sorry for the joke ShadowFluid.

shadowfluid:
 My point was that THE WAY I was raised [which includes religion(italian/mexican double whammy catholic) and everything else] to be afraid of drugs. All drugs. Plus my doc said men are more likely to refuse psychiatric meds than women.

shadowfluid:

--- Quote from: thunter34 on August 15, 2007, 11:54:10 pm ---i'm not getting the catholic brain drug thingy either.  and for myself, i think the line between drugs for the body and drugs for the brain is drawn with a bullshit pen.

the brain IS a part of the body, and as such is just as subject to imbalances and maladies as any other limb or organ. 

if anything, when it comes to things fucking up the brain, i think religions might only be jealous of having competition.

--- End quote ---

I'm all for CBT as opposed to just drugs...they can complement therapy. That's why I'm considering them.  I just want to know if they worked for anyone on them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version