Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:39:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 146
Total: 147

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Wishing Everyone A Safe and Pleasant Journey  (Read 8339 times)

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
Wishing Everyone A Safe and Pleasant Journey
« on: August 15, 2006, 09:02:55 am »
I can't help but feel a little anxious about the "travel" process and meeting you guys.  I know many of us have been communicating with one another for a while now and for me the thought of meeting many of you whom I've come to know and love over the past year or so has me a little bit nervous.  I pray everyone has a safe journey and hopefully the trip won't be too traumatizing...  ::)

To those who have worked tirelessly to prepare for this gathering...  I offer you my deepest gratitude. :-* 

I am quite confident however that we're all going to have a GREAT time. ;D
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline The Canuck

Re: Wishing Everyone A Safe and Pleasant Journey
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 09:20:55 am »
Hello David,

Thanks and also wishing you a safe journey during your travels to Kentucky and then to Canada. You are certainly not the only one a bit '' anxious '' for meeting people you get to know here. I certainly am but this also what makes it very interesting.

I'm sure it'll be a great experience for the ones attending for the very first time such as I and yourself, yet the attendees in Toronto last year seem excited about this one too, and guess it says a lot. I think Jan isn't travelling from down under for attending these gatherings if it wouldn't worth it, would she ? Therefore I'm looking forward to it. Actually later today I'll be face to face with her, and a bit later with Mark ( aztecan ). We planned to have dinner together and pretty much looking forward to this. Rocky will arrive later so we'll see him tomorrow morning.  ;D

Regards,

The Canuck

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 10:59:53 am »
Safe travels, everyone!

My nerves are a bit frayed as well, David.   My eyes popped open this morning at 4 a.m. so I got up and got busy....I have to work today and tomorrow, then I'm on my way!

hugs,

Alan

PS - I sure hope we get some kind of name tags or something, there is no way I will be able to keep up with everyone's name...and we know so many by their screen name....   I'll be the tall goofy looking one, that you think is ignoring you but I'm not because I am nearsighted and won't have my contacts in....
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 11:07:22 am by AlanBama »
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Basquo

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 12:26:01 pm »
 :D Alan. my eyes popped open about the same time this morning!!! 

I'm so excited/anxious I can't get any work done, so I'm rearranging everything into little stacks with post-it's as to what's in them (just in case my boss needs something.)  I already left mid-morning to drive to a bank branch that had some CAD (9.222, it's 8.911 online so what's three bucks to make sure I have some cash on me?)

Some of you are already there and travel-weary for it, that'll be me tomorrow, but I'm sure I'll have this same stupid grin on my face then.  My dimples are sore!!

Love to all,
Creighton
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 12:27:39 pm by Basquo »

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 02:43:30 pm »
I hope everyone who is going has a wonderful and memorable time! Safe journeys to all!

I'm just sorry I won't get to meet all of you! Next time!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 02:46:44 pm by MoltenStorm »
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 02:51:21 pm »
I have never had such difficulty in packing.  This should be a no-brainer.  Hell, I used to pack for three months to go to school as a kid, but this packing for the "SAFETY?????" of us all is stupid and challenging.  Oh well, tomorrow in Montreal, at about 4pm, it will all be OK, and I can scamper around the airport, looking for a freindly face and smile.  I will be the one on the white three wheeler, with black levis, pink sports shirt, and a leather jacket.  Yes, I don't want to freeze.  I am used to the desert remember?

Yes, David, I am anxious to meet you as well.  Now, back to packing, damnit.

In Confused Happiness.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 04:52:22 pm »
Well....  I see I'm in good company.  And especially so when I arrive in Montreal.  Tim...  I took a break from packing....gotta go get a haircut and pick up a few last minute items.  I agree packing seems twice as "stressful" these days having to comply with all these crazy new traveling guidelines.  I use to pack for a week and carry it on my back for a camping trip and I don't remember it being this TOUGH.

Alan & Creighton...I got up this morning at 5:00 wide eyed and not so bushy tailed.  I'm leaving early Wed AM for Louisville (4:00 AM at the Airport for a 6:30 flight...Jeepers!)  to pick up Marc( who has to work tomorrow so...) we'll be leaving early Thursday.

Thanks for the encouragement....  I truly am anxious to meet you all and "feel" the love upclose and personal.  A few of us are getting together at the Chicago airport before our last leg to Montreal  so this gathering is happening in stages.....HOT DAMN!!!  The wait is almost OVER... T-minus 14.40 hours and counting until I'm in the air.......

In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Cliff

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 04:56:43 am »
We just received our boarding call.  See you folks in 12 hours.

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 06:05:43 am »
Signing off now.  See you all in Montreal.

Ric & Thom

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 01:20:51 am »
The Day has ARRIVED!! Have a blast all!
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.