Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:36:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 354
Total: 355

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: how much?  (Read 10468 times)

Offline spudboy

how much?
« on: March 31, 2007, 04:27:41 pm »
i'm not sure if this is really the place to ask this question, but here goes. how much naproxen, amitriptalyne & tramazapam does one need to ensure a successful suicide? i really dont want any  judgement calls here....just an amount. i have about 2 months worth stockpiled & dont want to waste it. also if there is any other non-perscription substance that would help these along it would be greatly appreciated.
nearly all of our miseries in life come from our false notions of what is actually happening to us, thus to judge an event sanely is a great step towards happiness.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: how much?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 04:30:20 pm »
Count down to fuss . . .

MtD

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 04:35:16 pm »
i'm not sure if this is really the place to ask this question, but here goes. how much naproxen, amitriptalyne & tramazapam does one need to ensure a successful suicide? i really dont want any  judgement calls here....just an amount. i have about 2 months worth stockpiled & dont want to waste it. also if there is any other non-perscription substance that would help these along it would be greatly appreciated.

Tell us what led you to want to do this Spud?

Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline spudboy

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 04:37:23 pm »
like i said...no judgement calls....just amounts please. i have just had enuf!
nearly all of our miseries in life come from our false notions of what is actually happening to us, thus to judge an event sanely is a great step towards happiness.

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 04:52:53 pm »
Spud, no one is judging you here right now.

I strongly believe that we own and can make that choice at any time.

However right now I feel as though there is still a possibility for what ever that might be.

Do yourself one more favor and walk to the nearest hospital and talk to someone there.

They can and probably will numb the pain for the moment and at least bring perspective to your struggle.

You owe that to you my friend, one more chance. Do it.

Don't be alone in this and you don't have too. Many of us feel from time to time like you are feeling right now.

Don't give up. Alain.

Offline puertorico2006

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 04:59:17 pm »
Well i dont know if it is a judgment call...i do realize that some people have it so hard that they cant take it anymore.....

but im just curious as to what it is you "cant take anymore"?

before you decide that its time to take your own life i would stop and reflect on the effect it will have on the people who love and care about you ....

If you are having a traumatizing moment now, calm down, go to sleep, wake up and you will probably change your mind and wake up saying "what was i thinking"(trust me its happened to me once or twice)....

hope you feel better and get over whatever is bugging you
Infected Probably: may 2005
Diagnosed: 11/2006

11/28/2006 CD4:309 / VL: 1907 No meds yet
12/27/2006 CD4:339/  VL:1649 No meds yet
  4/28/2007 CD4:550/  VL:1800 No meds :-)

Offline spudboy

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 05:13:37 pm »
if no one can tell me how much perhaps you could tell me where on the net to find this info. i find your "caring" for someone you do not know warming however none of you are here. i am sick of being alone with no one to touch or care about. Please! i just want to know. i wasted my last stockpile only to wake up two days later. i DONT want to do that again.

Offline puertorico2006

Offline spudboy

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2007, 05:39:40 pm »
and can you tell me what i have to live for?

Offline Val

• Praxitèles -- Satyre au repos
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 05:44:34 pm »
Spud,
If you're really serious about that then perhaps you should get in touch with The Hemlock Society of America.  Just do a Google research and you'll have everything at hand.  Most of all, they will be able to give you professional help in any sense.
There is also a book by Derek Humphry titled  "Final Exit" that you can read before doing things that you might regret.  In that book you'll find the quantity needed for whatever you wanna do...
In the meantime, please call The Hemlock Society and tell them how you're feeling, and they will lend a helping hand.  Remember, there is no problem without a solution!

Peace to you,
Val
___
___
Arthus Bertrand
http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/yann2/affichage.php?reference=TVDC%20YABFR084&pais=France
Ali Mahdavi
http://asyoudesireme.online.fr/index.htm
Richard de Chazal
http://www.richarddechazal.com/
Daniel Nassoy
http://www.danielnassoy.com/pages/galeries_portraits_2.html
Photography:
The word comes from the Greek words φως phos ("light"), and γραφίς graphis ("stylus", "paintbrush") or γραφή graphê, together meaning "drawing with light" or "representation by means of lines".

Offline puertorico2006

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 05:47:42 pm »
one thing is to let nature run its course and another what your considering....

well honestly i dont know you or your circumstances....but i am sure that if you try you can make changes for the better in your life...many of us havent met that "special someone" and thats ok because their are many other things in life that can bring pleasure and joy.... if you feel you have no one to care about then why dont you try volunteering and helping other people (you benefit and so do they), make new friends, try and get closer to your family....There are lots of things that make life worth living but unless you actively seek these things they arent going magically appear...you are in control of your life, if your missing something then you can obtain it by doing things that will help you get what your looking for....its not the "easy" way but it is the "better" way (in my opinion anyways)

Offline spudboy

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007, 05:49:49 pm »
thank you. finally an answer i can work with. good luck to you all. by the way rico your hot....if that is your pic. at least i'll have something to remember..

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 05:57:01 pm »
thank you. finally an answer i can work with. good luck to you all. by the way rico your hot....if that is your pic. at least i'll have something to remember..

Excuse me Spud, but Mr. Rico is taken already.

But i can let you have him if you promise us to re-consider getting help.. ;) ;)
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline puertorico2006

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 06:01:12 pm »
 ;D

thanks for the compliment....

but i still think you should try doing other things with your life before deciding this is the answer....but all the same i wish you peace, tranquility, happiness, and everything else you want   :-*

Offline mjmel

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 06:08:23 pm »
There should be a ban on putting forth info such as how to end it all. This is a forum full of compassion and understanding--and pro life. Sometimes hard times just get to a person--but obviously this person didn't know where or how to find out this info. Now he does. I am depressed now. Damn!

P.S. Yes, I know I just used the voodoo word "ban".
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 06:12:50 pm by mjmel »

Offline scotttt

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 06:11:03 pm »
Hey check your PM.

Offline puertorico2006

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 06:12:07 pm »
although i do not agree with the decision....

the TRUTH of the matter is info like this can be found in many places on the internet....and anyone who is set on doing something will do what they want no matter how many people try to convince them otherwise (they only change their mind when THEY realize its the wrong choice)....

but i will keep saying DONT DO IT hoping you realize spud :-*

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 06:13:55 pm »
Paul, if this is where you are at, then you need to walk yourself right now into the nearest hospital emergency room.

You may not realize it but anyone who responds here with any specific comments about quantities for suicide would be putting themselves at jeopardy legally for doing so.

However hopeless you are feeling now, and I daresay a good number of of us have been there too, at one time or another. However strong they are, those feelings do pass.

How can any of us tell you what you have to llive for? I can tell you we'd like you to stay around.  

There is no shame in climbing back down off of the ledge.

Now, get yourself to an emergency room OR else start telling us more about what the hell is going on and why you are threatening to abandon us this way.

I want the whole story. And we are listening to you.

Andy Velez

Offline mjmel

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 06:15:29 pm »
the TRUTH of the matter is info like this can be found in many places on the internet....and anyone who is set on doing something will do what they want no matter how many people try to convince them otherwise (they only change their mind when THEY realize its the wrong choice)....

..........so maybe he came to the forum to find other than what he could find anytime on the internet.

Offline Val

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 06:19:32 pm »
There should be a ban on putting forth info such as how to end it all. This is a forum full of compassion and understanding--and pro life. Sometimes hard times just get to a person--but obviously this person didn't know where or how to find out this info. Now he does. I am depressed now. Damn!

P.S. Yes, I know I just used the voodoo word "ban".

Well, first off, I thought you had put me on  "ignore mode", but I see that you don't do what you say!  Anyway, here is your reply to Lis:

I read this post and kinda froze-up on how to respond. Just kinda stunned me for a spell. Maybe it's not for me to respond--but I have to.
You, of course, are likely directing this inquiry to those you know on this forum. You have a right to do what you want with your life. BUT....from one stranger to another, it is somewhat unsettlling to think someone is giving up. Then, I read your follow-up post and I understand the distress and level of suffering. I feel so helpless about what to say--as I've not been sick in my 17 years of HIV+.
I have seen some of your posts here.  You encourage people and reach out to scold, reprimand or otherwise offer wisdom.  So, I have deduced you aren't a quitter. Now, on the second post I read you have family that depends on you.
So I am compelled to say follow the convictions of your whole heart.
xxx,
Mike

It isn't much different from what I just did, besides the fact that I gave away information that is  "widely available" in the Internet!  So, will you make up your mind and really respect peoples' decision?  Or will you, as  it is clear from your contradictions,  just go own with this  charade of respect and stuff?
I, for one thing, do respect peoples' choices.  Period.  I told Spud, first, to seek help. Professional help, that is, Sir!  

Val
___
___
P.S.Who are you to decide on anything about who should be banned from the site?  Start by making your points of view about  "respect"  clear and then, only then, respect will come your way.

Val
___
___
Arthus Bertrand
http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/yann2/affichage.php?reference=TVDC%20YABFR084&pais=France
Ali Mahdavi
Richard de Chazal
Daniel Nassoy
Photography:
The word comes from the Greek words φως phos ("light"), and γραφίς graphis ("stylus", "paintbrush") or γραφή graphê, together meaning "drawing with light" or "representation by means of lines".

Offline scotttt

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 06:20:05 pm »
Spudboy,

Someone once told me that suicide is a permanent solution for a temporary problem.  I know this is trite, but, I remembered those words when I went through a period of depression.  I came to understand that there were reasons for the depression, and I made certain changes, and things did get better.  I gave you personal details in my pm that I am not sharing with the general public here, but I feel 1000 percent better than I did during this time. 

There are many options.

Take care,

Scott

Offline spudboy

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 06:20:46 pm »
i guess i did come here to save myself. i promise to stay here til i feel better. i'm just so fcking sad

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2007, 06:22:14 pm »
Q:  why is "OK" to make the decisions to simply halt taking your HIV medications (as evidenced earlier this week in another thread) but it's seemingly not "OK" to make the decision to end your life by some other means (as evidenced in this thread)

Seriously... I find that curious.  Maybe I'm not splitting hairs enough.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline mark54

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2007, 06:29:57 pm »
spudboy, really had to sit back and think about a reply.  i hate knowing a 44 yr old in PEI is having a hard time.  thoughts of suicide, i have a lot of experience with and there is no real answer to your question of what do i have to live for.  but since you've asked the question would you please get off your ass and go to your local emergency room and tell them you've gotten very suicidal and take the three to thirty days help they will offer.  i know the  pressure of turning yourself in but just do it and tell them a nut case on the web told you too.  depression is a part of the aids game, i can only imagine the loneliness in PEI is a lot like new hampshire, since my parents have a farm in nova scotia i kinda know the lay of the land.  i know its embarrassing to go but just go to the emergency room.  we can talk about things in a few days.  i changed so much my friends called it  charm school.  i was such a good student they invited me to stay an extra 30 days.  there really is a way out of this and you know you'd really rather take it.  Mr. Rico will be waiting for you cause i think Mr. IHAVEHOPE is only hoping in vain, and besides we're only a couple hours flight from PR.  so click out a note to say your going and go to the emergency room it's not as awful an experience as you think.

Offline puertorico2006

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2007, 06:32:03 pm »
those who decide to stop taking there medications can always change there mind but someone who takes there life like that cant....

and when under stressfull situations and clouded judgment the decisions you make are not ones you would make when in a sane mind....

someone decides to "let nature run its course" 2 months later realizes that they werent 100% there mentally then well they can make a sane decision....

when you take your life quickly i think there is a good possiblitly (not 100% but probably over 90% that you are not yourself at the moment)

Offline scotttt

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2007, 06:32:09 pm »
i guess i did come here to save myself. i promise to stay here til i feel better. I'm just so fcking sad

That makes me feel better. 

I know this is going to sound silly but, when a lot of serious shit came down this last year one of my friends said to me "Scott, you have so much to live for, look at all the things in life that you enjoy..... Go out and enjoy some of those things." 

And I did.  And I am not going to say what things, but needless to say, I think I spread a little joy around while trying to make myself feel better. ;)

I know that for the most part, people on the internet don't know eachother, and yet, these people are stopping what they are doing and expressing concern.  People do care. 

Offline scotttt

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2007, 06:35:53 pm »
those who decide to stop taking there medications can always change there mind but someone who takes there life like that cant....

and when under stressfull situations and clouded judgment the decisions you make are not ones you would make when in a sane mind....

someone decides to "let nature run its course" 2 months later realizes that they werent 100% there mentally then well they can make a sane decision....

when you take your life quickly i think there is a good possiblitly (not 100% but probably over 90% that you are not yourself at the moment)

Exactly!!

Offline mjmel

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2007, 06:36:35 pm »
This thread concerns Spudboy and I'm keeping it so. You guys can jump on my ass later, if you so still feel compelled.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2007, 06:38:22 pm »
Paul,

I'm glad you've decided to hold off on what would be an irreversible decision. Keep talking to us, keep getting stuff off your chest. We're here for you.

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2007, 06:39:10 pm »
Val and Philly,

I'll thank you both to not hijack this thread further - and yes, that's a warning.

Cheers,

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Val

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2007, 06:39:44 pm »
Yeah, that's right, let us be grown ups for a while and deal with a serious problem instead of just spitting some  "pro-life" venom all over...

Val
___
___
Arthus Bertrand
Ali Mahdavi
Richard de Chazal
Daniel Nassoy
Photography:

Offline mark54

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2007, 06:43:28 pm »
spudboy, i hope your paying special attention  to what Mr. Rico is saying.  i sure wish someone was talking like that when i was off and running.

Offline Val

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2007, 06:45:10 pm »
Spud,
I will respect your decision no matter how contradictory to my own beliefs about the subject being discussed.  However, all I am gonna do is kindly ask you to read some of the articles I am gonna send you, alright?
Thank you for listening  ---  and reading.

Art Kleiner Suicide
http://www.well.com/~art/suicidepge1.html

Val
___
___

Arthus Bertrand
Ali Mahdavi
Richard de Chazal
Daniel Nassoy
Photography:

Offline scotttt

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2007, 06:45:50 pm »
spudboy, i hope your paying special attention  to what Mr. Rico is saying.  i sure wish someone was talking like that when i was off and running.

Mr Rico (Puertorico2006) is kind, wise and sexy!

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2007, 06:46:55 pm »
Val and Philly,

I'll thank you both to not hijack this thread further - and yes, that's a warning.

Cheers,

Ann

Huh?  How was my post hijacking?  Didn't mean it to be... meant it as a serious question to ponder.

Offline Val

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2007, 06:52:39 pm »
Spud,
I promise this is the last one, ok?  Please, please, read it and reflect on everything, will you?  Remember what I stated in my first reply to you:  "There is no problem without a solution".  This is true, dear Spud.

Considering Suicide?
http://womentodaymagazine.com/fitnesshealth/suicide.html

Thanks again, Spud, for reading.  PM me telling me whatever you feel like telling me.  Or, don't PM me.  But, at least read the articles 'cause I'm sure you'll feel better afterwards.

Val
___
___
P.S.I agree with Philly.  If there is someone who was hijacking this thread, it was neither me nor Philly!  Please!
Arthus Bertrand
Ali Mahdavi
Richard de Chazal
Daniel Nassoy
Photography:

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2007, 07:32:11 pm »
Spud if you need to get some vacation and change I have a vacant bedroom and you are more than welcome to use it and enjoy sunny california and not be alone while you get your strength back on track.

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2007, 08:05:57 pm »
Huh?  How was my post hijacking?  Didn't mean it to be... meant it as a serious question to ponder.

Philly,

I agree that your question was a very interesting and thought provoking one. However, you would do it more justice to pose it in its own thread. That's a thoughtful discussion question and this is more of a serious crisis thread. I hope you understand what I'm getting at.

Perhaps I shouldn't have lumped you with Val in the warning bit. Sorry.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2007, 08:11:06 pm »

P.S.I agree with Philly.  If there is someone who was hijacking this thread, it was neither me nor Philly!  Please!

Val,

Your post (reply #19) was more of a thinly-veiled attack on mjmel than it was a reply to help Spudboy. Also, if you read mjmel's post carefully, nowhere does he propose banning any person. He suggested banning a subject - but a suggestion is just that, a suggestion. This post (#19) was a hijack of this thread, pure and simple.

If you wish to discuss this further, I suggest you PM me rather than further hijack Spudboy's thread. Thanks.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2007, 09:22:58 pm »
Philly,

I agree that your question was a very interesting and thought provoking one. However, you would do it more justice to pose it in its own thread. That's a thoughtful discussion question and this is more of a serious crisis thread. I hope you understand what I'm getting at.

Perhaps I shouldn't have lumped you with Val in the warning bit. Sorry.

Ann

Thanks.  I was hoping that was the case as that is the way I meant it, and thought it odd that it would be skating towards a time-out or something.  I appreciate your thoughtful clarification and perhaps when this thread blows over I'll revisit it with its own thread.  I'm afraid that some people took what I wrote in an incorrect manner anyway after a couple of PM's I received -- nothing irate or anything, but simply wondering why I wrote that.

David

Offline mjmel

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2007, 09:40:18 pm »

Exactly! Thanks, I couldn't get those words out earlier. This thread left me heavy hearted and I am so please to read how it developed, after all.
Spudboy, I hope you are talking with someone here, on this forum.  ???  If you want someone to talk with, PM me. Be duly warned, I am no blueblood that is fancy with words or knowledgeable in head psych, just an older common-yard-dog kind of guy.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 09:45:30 pm by mjmel »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.