Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:46:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 688
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 650
Total: 650

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Oh yes, I may just get one of these,... !!!  (Read 4254 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Oh yes, I may just get one of these,... !!!
« on: June 05, 2014, 08:25:12 am »
I've been hearing about this Elio.   It's not a car as it only has three wheels. I heard about this last year and Yahoo this morning had another video on it.

84 MPG with an 8 gallon fuel tank.  I like it, best of all the price $6,800.00  I think that the price I paid for my Daihatsu years ago, which also had the 3 cylinder engine in it.

And best of all, it will be built in the USA !!!  Check it out ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ge1ZGi1bTQ

A test drive of the prototype :

A new U.S. automaker with a $6800, 84 MPG, 3-wheeled "car" on the way:

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/the-new-us-automaker-s--6800--84-mpg-elio--142815228.html

Ray 8)

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline weasel

Re: Oh yes, I may just get one of these,... !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 08:26:03 am »

Hi Ray  :) 

If I lived on a gulf course   , one of these would be great .

I would not drive that on a highway in Missouri  :o

Carl
" Live and let Live "

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 08:36:14 am »
Could someone please tell me if the guy in the video was handsome ... I couldn't get my eyes past the crotch . I would buy the car .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline intaglio

• Doesn't have to pay for vowels
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 09:41:18 am »
Three wheels means the maker avoids a lot of safety legislation aimed at making vehicles safer. This cuts down their production costs.

Popular Science magazine sported plans for build-your-own versions similar to this in the 1970s. The UK has a history of three-wheeled vehicles so this isn't anything new. It's just repackaged.

I wouldn't want a thing to do with it unless it came with a/c. I battle triple-digit summers here in KS. I'm not about to go running about on an enclosed motorcycle in that heat. And if I'm going to buy a toy for the toybox, it's going to be the new Alfa Romeo. :P
Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Offline Matts

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 03:26:58 pm »
I hope that this Elio car becomes a success in the US; 5.000 € seem to be a fair price.

I had to think of Mr. Bean :)
Are there still these 3-wheel-cars in GB? I try to imagine them on our highways without speedlimit :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xwukNGMAME
Dovato

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 11:56:14 am »

I wouldn't want a thing to do with it unless it came with a/c. I battle triple-digit summers here in KS.

8)  And I'm in Florida, so it will have to have AC. The video states, the the Elio comes standard with AC and Heat ( for those chilly Florida nights  :P )

I will thoroughly investigate this car, as I really like it and can save on gas, and possibly insurance. And Ed get to ride in the back seat, so I hope the AC kicks ass.

Another thing I noticed I thought the rear tire was slightly wider than the two front ones.  Must be hell to navigate a piece of shredded tire in the road, at 60 miles an hour!    You have to miss the tire with the two front wheels, and not run over debris with the middle rear wheel.  ;D

I've had 2 vehicles with a 3 cylinder engine, and both performed very well, and had great gas mileage 1985 Chevy sprint, which came with the Suzuki engine in it:  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4045hsyYxg

And a 1989 Daihatsu Charade, which also came with a 3 cylinder engine, which also had great mileage

I would like to see what the final price tag would be on the Elio, and how they plan to market it locally.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 12:01:23 pm »

Oh yes,  I have a feeling it doesn't come with a spare. ( but then some cars aren't coming with spare tires anymore.) I wouldn't know where you would store it, as I don't think there is a trunk.

And I am not sure if it's rear wheel drive or front wheel drive. It's looks as though the engine was in the car lengthwise, which may make it powered by the rear wheel, and I am not sure if I would like that !

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline wolfter

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 12:03:28 pm »
I like the concept.  I've been recognizing that I need a new vehicle and have been looking at super compact cars.  This would fit the bill perfectly as I don't venture too far from home.  I've considered the new Fiat but I like the fuel stats on this.

My 31 year old truck still runs great but has reached a point that it's embarrasing to drive.  There's more rust than paint on the damn thing.  :)
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline zach

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 12:43:44 pm »
i remember back in the day 3 wheelers were very dangerous. its safer to put the single wheel to rear, but i would think there are still some roll over issues

for states that allow them, i love mini farm trucks and street legal mules. sort of like beefed up golf carts.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 03:36:30 pm »
It would be a fair to middling bet that this car could earn largest no off American made Car sold in Europe , which would be nice for whatever whoever you call The Chancellor of The Exchequer.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.