Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:05:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37639
  • Latest: Glassxj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773168
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 254
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 218
Total: 218

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Combusting Laptops  (Read 3894 times)

Offline carousel

Combusting Laptops
« on: August 15, 2006, 08:51:00 am »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 11:15:21 am by carousel »

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
Re: Combusting Laptops
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 09:17:30 am »
It was on the news this morning too...and its NOT just DEL.....
apparently certain lithuim batteries are short circuiting and causing fires and explosions.
If you have a laptop...you might wanna check to see if your battery is on the LIST.
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 10:49:19 am »
I don't really like my newest laptop so I'll douse it with lighter fluid and accidentally drop a lit match nearby, list or no list.

I wonder if the fire marshall would believe I happened to be out of the house with my 4 dogs and 12 cats when the accident occurred?   I was on a hurricane evacuation drill, of course!

Thanks for the great idea, guys!  The insurance company will surely cancel my policy at renewal time so I might as well make as much as I can before the milk train stops running.

Boo
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 01:10:02 pm »
" Dude, Youre Gettin a OOOOOOOOWWWWW SHIT FIRE !!!!"

I think therefore iMac..    Just Sayin'™
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline Cliff

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 01:24:36 pm »
Several years ago a guy was admitted to the hospital with 2nd degree burns on his penis.  He apparently was using his laptop in the nude and didn't realize how hot it got.

Thank goodness that dude didn't get a Dell.

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 05:26:05 pm »
I could scorch the crotch of the Dell Dude, and I wouldnt need a Lithium Battery Pack to do it either...
Just Fantasizin' ::)
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.