Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:58:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 346
Total: 349

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: vaginal fluid with blood  (Read 19469 times)

Offline simonfry

vaginal fluid with blood
« on: January 16, 2008, 04:22:48 am »
I recently got a handjob from a girl who after playing with herself with a vibrator ,deep fingered herself and used her vaginal fluid/cum as lubricant on my penis.I  noticed there were traces of blood in the fluid ,she said she came off her period that day(ot could have been the vigorous play with her dldo).Anyway she rubbed this vaginal fluid/cum with the traces of blood as lubricant over my penis inclued the tip/urethra.

Is this an HIV risk

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: vaginal fluid with blood
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 04:44:59 am »
No Simon, this isn't a risk for HIV transmission per se. You don't need to test for HIV as a result of this encounter.

Nevertheless there are other STD's such as chlamydia and gonorrhoea which are more prevalent and transmissable than HIV and you might want to test for these. Make an appointment with your doctor or local clinic and ask for a full STD screen.

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and follow the links to our Lessons to learn more about how HIV is and is not transmitted.

MtD

Offline simonfry

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 04:47:53 am »
Thanks for the reply..what do you mean per se....

I did notice blood ,it was visible ,I imagine it to be menstrual or from cut in the vaginal fluid she was using to lubricate my penis but is this irrelevant

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 07:24:07 am »
Simon,

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. Once hiv finds itself outside the body, it quickly becomes damaged and unable to infect. You did not have a risk.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you do NOT need to test over this incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline simonfry

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 07:37:08 am »
so ther presence of blood,which seemed quite bit, in her fluid is irrelivant

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 08:10:46 am »
Simon,

Yes, it's irrelevant. If you had unprotected intercourse, we would be advising you to test at three months. However, you did not have a risk and you do not need to test.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline simonfry

Re: vaginal fluid with blood/Blowjob
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 03:48:19 am »
Hi got a blowjob of a girl and noticed she had inflamed red gums,a few teeth missing and her tongue seemed spotty and scarred with maybe the presence of blood.Is there any risk of HIV from receiving an unprotected blowjob like this wher there may have been blood in her mouth?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 04:47:59 am »
No risk to you.

Offline simonfry

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 09:55:12 am »
Even with blood ,spots and marks on her tongue

At one stage she even used cold beer in her mouth though mostly she didnt while performing blowjob
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 11:27:21 am by simonfry »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 12:10:06 pm »
Not even with a cold beer blowjob.

Offline simonfry

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 12:52:05 pm »
Ok ...so do I need an HIV test due to this blowjob incident ?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 12:55:16 pm by simonfry »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 01:54:30 pm »
Are you listening? You didn't have a risk. You don't need to test for HIV.

Offline simonfry

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 03:37:24 pm »
so is receiving a blowjob even if the oral hygiene of the person giving the blowjob is suspect risky in terms of HIV

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 03:41:10 pm »
You cannot contract HIV from receiving a blowjob, even if the giver has poor oral hygiene.

MtD

Offline simonfry

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 03:44:53 pm »
I remember seeing she had some teeth missing and some blood and spots and marks on her tongue

At one stage shel used cold beer in her mouth while performing the blowjob,but in the main it was just a regular blowjob

Im sure I saw a response once from Ann where she mentioned blood in the mouth of the giver as a risk

Is this really no risk
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 03:48:45 pm by simonfry »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 04:11:19 pm »
Ann said that? I doubt it. Perhaps you can provide a link to where Ann said that.

Simon, I'm not going to go over this with you ad nauseum. No matter how many teeth this enchanting creature  you refer to was missing, nor how many ridiculous scenarios you conjure up (cold beer? get real) my answers to you will not change.

You cannot get HIV from copping a blowjob.

MtD

Offline simonfry

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 04:15:14 pm »
Ok sorry it was in this link http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=18542.0

But I think it was in reference to performing a blowjob...or hitting the person in the face whose giving the blowjob,thing is I did see some blood in her mouth.

Guess Im overreacting?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 04:19:58 pm »
In that thread Ann said:

Unless you're in the habit of punching someone in the mouth before they give you a blowjob, or gnawing and biting down hard on knobs when you give, then you're not going to encounter any dangerous amounts of blood.

Her meaning is clear. The amounts of blood involved would have to be so extreme that oral sex would, in reality, not be happening.

You most certainly are over-reacting Simon.

MtD

Offline simonfry

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 04:22:08 pm »
so there would have to be copious amounts not just the visible amount I saw?

even in the extreme case mentioned has there ever been an hiv infection involving getting a blowjobRisk maybe higher if ejaculation takes place orally.

Also Andy says in the link http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=18827.0 .....Risk maybe higher if ejaculation takes place orally. Or if the person giving oral  has poor oral care or a recent wound in their mouth. ...... is this just on relation to giving a blowjob not receiving?

Also we were deep kissing and I noticed my mouth may have had blood in it from a cut or gum and we possible exchanged blood that way,is this an hiv risk?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 04:58:33 pm by simonfry »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 12:46:15 am »
Simon,

I believe I told you earlier that I have no intention getting into an endless round of what-iffing with you. Rod, Ann and I have explained to you at length that you were not at risk of HIV infection from the scenario you outlined in your OP and why this is the case.

Clearly you have serious anxiety about HIV and sexual behaviours in general and you should seek face-to-face attention from a mental health professional for that.

Seriously. Don't push your luck with this stuff. You won't be permitted to post obsessively about non-risk situations.

Ya dig?

MtD

Offline simonfry

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 03:02:21 am »
Ok sorry I understand

What does "OP" mean please

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 03:12:00 am »
Original Post. The post you made to kick off this thread.

MtD

Offline simonfry

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 03:17:10 am »
Ok but the orignal post was on the matter of vaginal fluid with blood.

Im talking about the blowjob scenario,is this what you mean about latest thread,the blowjob one

Thanks

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 03:23:17 am »
I mean ALL OF IT Simon. Everything you've raised. We're not in the business of mucking around here, kiddo. We've read everything you've posted and our answers are based on the whole lot. Blood in mouths, vaginas, where-the-fuck-ever.

You were not at risk. You do not need to test. You do not have HIV.

MtD
(Who trusts he will not have to repeat himself)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 10:11:47 am »
Simon,

You've been told repeatedly that getting a blowjob is not in any way, shape or form a risk for hiv infection.

If you insist on coming back with more what-ifs, you'll be given a time out. If you've read the Welcome Thread like  you've been asked to, you will have read the following:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline simonfry

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 05:56:31 pm »
Ok understood,can you finally just answer if kissing is an HIV risk ,I noticed there may have been blood in my mouth and hers after deep kissing

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 05:58:14 pm »
No, kissing is not a risk. PERIOD...Story is over.

Offline simonfry

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 06:01:03 pm »
Ok thanks...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 06:29:22 pm by simonfry »

Offline simonfry

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2008, 03:22:45 am »
One absolutely final thing in relation to all the scenarios outlined.I have in the past had outbreaks of genital herpes,I do not remember one at the time but if there was one would it have increased my HIV risk in all  the activities I have posted?

Also while working with someone we both cut our hands and touched is this a HIV risk?

Many thanks
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 06:35:03 am by simonfry »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2008, 09:03:45 am »
simon,

No, nothing was a risk, genital herpes or no genital herpes.

I'm giving you that time out I warned you about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.