Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:57:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 613
Total: 613

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Recently joined this site.  (Read 6843 times)

Offline Oryan2008

Recently joined this site.
« on: January 30, 2008, 08:39:51 am »
Hello Peeps.

I have just joined this site. A friend of mine who is a member recommended it to me so I thought I would join up. I was diagnosed last May as being HIV+. So am still trying to come to terms with everything. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. I am looking for friends too. The more the merrier I love meeting new people. Thank you for reading this.

Oryan

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Recently joined this site.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 09:49:49 am »
Welcome to the site, Oryan. We're sorry you tested poz but since you did we hope you find this site to be helpful.

It would be helpful if you tell us more about yourself, where you're at physically and such. Then you can get more specific responses regarding any issues. In a general way I'll also just say that the most important thing initially is for you to be having regular checkups. Forming a good working partnership with your doctor to keep you healthy is essential.   

You're always welcome here to bring up anything that's on your mind or to just participate in the discussions.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline OneMoreGuy

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 10:09:27 am »
Hello Oryan,

Welcome to the Forum. I am a newbie here too, although not a newbie to HIV. One of my ex-partners got infected around the early 80s and together we followed the development of different HIV therapies (even some that never became mainstream). Twenty plus years later he is still alive and happy, and just a few years ago I too joined the ranks of those infected.

There seem to be a lot of helpful people here and I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Cheers,

Doktor B
Psychologist, PhD
Counseling patients with HIV since Jan 1991
HIV since Dec 2005
There are three parts to any successful relationship (platonic or romantic): trust, honesty and communication

Offline Oryan2008

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 10:27:05 am »
Thank you for your support.

I have been diagnosed with two strains of the virus. I have not idea what my counts are all the doctors says is that they are very very low. I do go to regular check ups. I am taking Kivexia and Sustiva. The hardest part I am finding is trying to eat a balanced diet. My money is very limited and healthy food is expensive. I have just started a course of anti depressants as before I started these I couldn't get out of bed and would hole up in my room for days. So have sought doctors adivce who recommended the anti depressants and am going to counselling too. Which is proving very useful.

Oryan

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 11:11:50 am »
Guys and gals, I'm the friend who recommended AM, so make sure you play nicely with Oryan. ;)

Hello honey and a bittersweet welcome!

I forgot to pass on my email addy to you today so I'm sending it via here; if you check your private messages here (left hand side of the page under your User photo) it should come up under PM as 'New' in bold. Just click on that.

You and I need to talk about that diet and other stuff!

Debra xx
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline englishgirl

• ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 11:17:42 am »
hello oryan
glad to meet you & hope you find us a help
sorry youve had to join our little club of pozzies but youre in good company!
lots of love
xxxx
ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN:
http://campaigning.tht.org.uk/cms/cmsloader?WfJVLp&view=11,301,1385,0,-html

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=17352.0

"I'm not keen on the idea of the afterlife - not without knowing who else will be there and what the entertainment will be. Personally I'd rather just take a rest." Oscar Berger, PWA: Looking AIDS in the Face, 1996. RIP.

Offline Oryan2008

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 11:24:23 am »
Thanks guys n gals I really appreciate all the help xxxx

Offline OneMoreGuy

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 01:19:21 pm »
Sounds like you are doing all the right things so far. Keep us posted of your progress, if you'd like.
Psychologist, PhD
Counseling patients with HIV since Jan 1991
HIV since Dec 2005
There are three parts to any successful relationship (platonic or romantic): trust, honesty and communication

Offline Oryan2008

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 01:31:04 pm »
I will do

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 04:04:54 pm »
Oryan, welcome to the forums.  I really respect Debra, so any friend of hers is a friend of mine. :-*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline PRMike

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 07:18:43 pm »
Hi Oryan my name is Mike AKA PRMike and I have been Positive for 27 years going on 28 years come Oct and I will tell you that the most important thing to do is to keep your appointments with your Doctor and your  Lab work so that way you will know how you are doing and how your Meds are working the next thing is make sure that you take your Meds and do not miss any... also please stay away from Drugs they will hurt your inmune system like crazy and this I know because I'm an ex-addict and when I was using my T-cells droped down to 6 and my Viral load was over 400,000 so I was dying until I went into a rehab and got my life back in order then my health got back in shape and now for the last 5 years I have been undectable and my T-cells are over 521 and I am feeling great... ok It's my pleasure meeting you and I want you to know that you have a friend here ok bye for now always PRMike
PRMike

Offline sacinsc

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 03:13:15 am »
Welcome, you have a great home now for all your needs and questions, ups and downs, and well you get the point. I agree, keep your numbers in check! As you can see below, I go get mine done a lot being new to my body's newest inhabitant. Now that I am leveling out I only have to go every 3 months..hooray...less needles.

Anyway, welcome to a caring group!

Matt
March 07 - Negative
May 07 - Exposed
June 07 - Seroconversion
September 07 - CD4 402 VL 118000 25%
October 07 -     CD4 294 VL 124000 22%
November 07 - Norvir, Triuvada and Reyataz
December 07 -  CD4 355 VL  550 .... guess the meds are working.
January 08 - CD4 446 VL <48 undetectable!
April 08 - CD4 554 VL <48 undetectable!
July 08 - CD4 666 VL <48 undetectable! Hporay...I have devil CD4's

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.