Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:12:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 622
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 616
Total: 616

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Questions about treatment  (Read 2358 times)

Offline remo85

Questions about treatment
« on: February 17, 2016, 09:16:43 pm »
Hi guys . I started my Atripla treatment back in october 2015. So far Ive been doing pretty well with it ,becoming more accepting about my diagnosis and stuff, but im still stressing a bit about the doīs and dontīs of taking the medicine and the whole treatment interactions... I seem to always be rushing to do everything on time, skipping social stuff because of it, etc.I feel like its one thing or the other.  Perhaps some of you can give me some feedback on your experience and what your doctor suggested youd do.

I was told by the doctor that not taking meds on an empty stomach , drinking alcohol, weed, not taking the meds on time,among other things, will all affect the effectiveness of the medicine. How accurate is that? He even went so far as to telling me that drinking a couple of glasses of wine would make the meds not work at all...which sounds like a complete fable...

I know exercise is important with or without the disease, but how much is recommended for someone with hiv?. Is walking 20-30 minutes a day and lifting a couple of times a week enough? I never used to exercise regularly and now im just forcing myself to do it , even when i feel tired,  cause otherwise ill be restless about not doing anything...

Is having pets recommended?

Ever since the diagnosis sugar has been getting me fatigued, could that mean anything? Should i avoid it?

Thanks in advance guys!
Remo

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Questions about treatment
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 09:59:24 pm »
Atripla is very forgiving an its got a long half life meaning it stays in your system a long time. Take it at bedtime … its that simple. Atripla can be taken with or without food with the only warning being try to avoid fatty foods within 2 hours before you take it.

Atripla is one of the easiest meds to take as long as you tolerate it well.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ytown36

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 02:40:56 pm »
As far as I knew ATRIPLA was to be taken on an empty stomach (2 hours after eating & 1 hour before eating). It doesn't have to be taken at night especially if you are having bad dreams/insomnia from it.  My doctor advised me to take it after work then wait an hour then eat....as far as alcohol my doctor told me an occasional drink is fine and I've had more than an occasional drink and always been undetectable.  Your excercise habits sound great!  Hope this helps!

Offline newone

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 09:35:08 pm »
I hated my time on Atripla especially the daily mood swings mostly negative that I experienced, switched to Complera and although not problem free a much better choice for me.
Sustiva, Atripla, Complera, Stribild, Genvoya. Odefsey, Dovato.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.