Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 15, 2024, 01:24:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37594
  • Latest: FloBeee
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772732
  • Total Topics: 66292
  • Online Today: 181
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 165
Total: 166

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Whats his problem?  (Read 25215 times)

Offline JeffInNYC

Whats his problem?
« on: June 04, 2006, 10:12:07 am »
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 10:17:07 am by JeffInNYC »

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
Re: Whats his problem?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 10:19:59 am »
We have had legalised gay marriages for 3 years now, and it is considered every day stuff nowadays.

I got married to Patrick in june 2003 and we have equal rights.

The fact Bush is pushing the amendment shows how little he understands of the business and how afraid he is of it.

Herman
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 10:27:29 am »
At the risk of sounding less than popular, I must say that I support this proposal. Gay marriage is a farce. So is straight marriage. It's all about property and has nothing to do with people, love or anything else that you think it does. I cannot believe that educated gay people still fall for this bullshit wedge issue. Honestly, you play right into the hands of the religious right you profess to hate so much.

How does the fight for gay marriage do anything for the suicidal gay teen who's barely surviving at Tom DeLay High in Butt-Fuck County Alabama? Really, do you think he or she gives a crap that two blokes and a cockerspaniel in Massachusetts or Vermont or the Netherlands or where the fuck ever can call themselves a family?

But by all means, dance to the tune of the Moral Majority. In years to come, queers will look back and laugh at the gay marriage brigade.

MtD

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 10:33:40 am »
Herman,

This is the same "trick pony" the radical right rolls out every time they feel public pressure. It is the gays,guns and god agenda they ALWAYS use to mobilize the evangelical base of the Republican Party. The want to bait us into changing the topic away from the war,corruption,health care,etc.etc.etc.etc. ad nauseum. Don't believe the hype.

Peace,
Hal

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 10:34:39 am »
At the risk of sounding less than popular, I must say that I support this proposal. Gay marriage is a farce. So is straight marriage. It's all about property and has nothing to do with people, love or anything else that you think it does. I cannot believe that educated gay people still fall for this bullshit wedge issue. Honestly, you play right into the hands of the religious right you profess to hate so much.

How does the fight for gay marriage do anything for the suicidal gay teen who's barely surviving at Tom DeLay High in Butt-Fuck County Alabama? Really, do you think he or she gives a crap that two blokes and a cockerspaniel in Massachusetts or Vermont or the Netherlands or where the fuck ever can call themselves a family?

But by all means, dance to the tune of the Moral Majority. In years to come, queers will look back and laugh at the gay marriage brigade.

MtD

Matty you are right.  And I have no plans of getting married so I couldnt care less either way.  I just like to rile up the masses.  Im no Alpha Bitch...how about Uber Bitch?   :P

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 10:47:23 am »
Matty you are right.  And I have no plans of getting married so I couldnt care less either way.  I just like to rile up the masses.  Im no Alpha Bitch...how about Uber Bitch?

No Jeffy, you can do better than that. I know you're educated and a smart fella and you've known me long enough to appreciate that I won't fall for blather.

If you couldn't care less, why post the link at all?

MtD

Offline Iggy

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 10:52:24 am »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:58:23 pm by Iggy »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 11:12:38 am »
Iggy,

The most insightful response in this thread so far has been made by Hal, closely followed by yourself. Matty the Damned just busts through the wall of ignorance so that the subtle people can take up the debate.

Hal's point is excellent and illuminates what I was saying. Gay marriage is a wedge issue designed to distract queer activists from the task at hand, violence, health care and basic issues of discrimination. The loony right love to dangle this issue out there to confound the tedious moderate progressives and the soft-cock left. Whilst they wring hands over the tortured issue of two lezzo's wanting to get married in the local Baptist Church and have cats, faggots and dykes around the world are dying.

In token whereof I cite, Jamaica, Saudi Aradia, Russia and Iran.

Let's focus on Iran for a second shall we? Not so long ago (and yes I have the pictures which I'll post if I have to) two young gay men were flogged and then hanged publicly for being gay. At the time of the "offences" they were 16 and 18 respectively.

For real. Two gay bois hanged for gettin' it on in the way that comes natural to them. In our day that MAY have gotten you kicked out of home. It got me expelled from boarding school. I don't give a shit if you live in Australia or Darkest Peru -- that's not a hanging offence. But the Islamic Republic of Iran begs to differ. Meanwhile, the hugest issue on the queer agenda in Australia, the US, Canada, the UK and the EU is gay marriage.

What the fuck?

But so long as John can bequeath the Bed and Breakfast in rural Victoria to his partner James without the family being able to object in court, those two boys can die in vain.

Bugger that. Equality is a myth.

MtD

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 11:14:11 am »
No Jeffy, you can do better than that. I know you're educated and a smart fella and you've known me long enough to appreciate that I won't fall for blather.

If you couldn't care less, why post the link at all?

MtD

Well I guess I do care...but not so much about the marriage per se.  I just feel like he is trying to pull one over on us - yet again.  Shady.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 11:16:18 am »
I too have grave reservations about gay marriage and marriage in general. Lot of rot if you ask me.

Iggy, keep espousing thoughts like that and I could fall for you. (Well, you know what I mean.)

Many years ago, I realized that Jane and John Middle America was never going to accept me as an equal. To some degree, this become less overt, but I still think it shows through quite clearly when certain buttons are pushed such as marriage, adoption, etc.

I also decided many years ago to flip convention the proverbial bird. I really don't care what "ordinary" people think or how they live. I am not ordinary, don't want to be and have no intention of conforming to try to "fit in."

I'm not saying I am superior or inferior, although I do think gay people are somewhat superior on some levels. But I am different and celebrate that whenever possible.

This latest ploy by Shrub is nothing more than a diversion tactic.  The Republicans know they're in trouble and are pulling out all the stops to get their fat asses out of the fire.

Just my 2¢ worth.

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Iggy

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 11:17:19 am »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:56:19 pm by Iggy »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 11:20:59 am »
.....and if my dear Matty would allow me to join him on the soapbox. Why do mo's want to emulate institutions that hate you and want you dead? If you don't believe me...show 'em the link Matty dear!

Gays can be so infuriating...god love 'em.
Hal

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 11:25:52 am »
Hal youre so intelligent and insightful (not to mention cute), that its hard to believe you didnt win the Feud!   ::)

Offline Iggy

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006, 11:30:57 am »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:55:28 pm by Iggy »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006, 11:43:24 am »
Those of a gentle disposition should probably avoid this post.

I will post the image of the execution of the two Iranian boys. It's an important picture. I will wear the consequences of this.  I also have the video of their floggings prior to their hanging, the link to which I will not make available. It's far too harrowing. It's subtitled and one of them cries for his mother. I've never fully recovered from watching that, but I figure I'm better off than the kid being flogged.

They kill him afterwards. He's the one on the left.

I want to say that none of my comments in this thread are directed at Jeffy. Jeffy is one of my oldest AIDSMEDS friends and I love him dearly. I know that he understands these issues.

Matty the Damned
(Who weeps whenever he sees this)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 01:48:17 pm by matty.the.damned »

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 11:45:10 am »
Egypt also has a nasty history when dealing with gays.

When I was the same age as the boys who were hanged, I could have been institutionalized in the U.S. because it was considered a mental illness, but at least they wouldn't have executed me.

Why do so many gays and lesbians want to assimilate, be just like the breeding masses? When the chips are down, the breeders will turn on them so fast they'll be knocked out of their Birkenstocks..

Its like those who bitch about the Catholic Church, Baptist Church, et al, because they exclude or condemn gays. HELLO! What do they expect? Those dogma-pedalling demagogues want butts in the pews who will accept without question, not think for themselves. If you're outside the norm, you are a threat to them.

Gays and lesbians who rail for "inclusion" are deluding themselves.

HUGS,

Mark

(Who hasn't jumped yet, but is leaning. ;) )
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2006, 11:47:41 am »
Matty Im looking at that picture and I almost dont believe it.  Its just unbelieveable that that crap actually goes on.

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2006, 11:52:22 am »
He's just pissed because gay men don't find him attractive

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2006, 12:04:33 pm »
Heres some additional story to the image Matty posted:

http://www.365gay.com/newscon05/11/111405iran.htm

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2006, 12:07:11 pm »
This is what we should be fighting against.... and don't think it can't happen here.

MATTHEW SHEPARD-RIP
Good on you Matty.
(Matty,who speaks truth to power)

I am so angry right now...maybe a walk will help :'(

Offline naked_chuck

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2006, 12:14:39 pm »
FUCK GAY MARRIAGE!  GIVE ME AND MY PARTNER  OF 18 YRS. A PIECE OF PAPER GIVING US THE SAME LEGAL RIGHTS AS HETERO-MARRIEDS ENJOY (SO WE DON'T HAVE TO FIGHT RELATIVES ABOUT HOSPITAL VISITS, MEDICAL DECISIONS, HANGING ON TO EACH OTHERS' PROPERTY, ETC...)  THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!!  WE ARE WORKING WAY TOO HARD TO "BLEND IN" AND BECOME "THEM" AT OUR OWN EXPENSE.  "THEY" WILL NEVER LIKE US!  PERIOD.  SO FUCK EM!  WE SHOULD BE FIGHTING--FIGHTING!!--FOR "EQUAL RIGHTS UNDER THE LAW" RATHER THAN RENTING MATCHING TUXEDOS AND PLAYING BRIDE AND/OR GROOM FOR A DAY!  WHO CARES!!!  "THEY" HAVE US RIGHT WHERE THEY WANT US, AND WE'RE FALLING FOR THE TRAP!!! 
P.S.  THE PHOTO OF IRANIAN GAYS BEING EXECUTED IS JUST ONE PHOTO!  THIS HAPPENS, IN A LOT OF PLACES!!!  IN A LOT OF FORMS!!!!  DENYING THIS TRUTH IS CRIMINAL!!  REMEMBER WHERE "PINK TRIANGLES" CAME FROM!!!  IF ANYONE BELIEVES THAT ANOTHER HOLOCUAST--ON SOME LEVEL--COULD NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN... LOOK AROUND THE WORLD!!  IT HAPPENS RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES!

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2006, 12:18:02 pm »
REMEMBER WHERE "PINK TRIANGLES" CAME FROM!!!  IF ANYONE BELIEVES THAT ANOTHER HOLOCUAST--ON SOME LEVEL--COULD NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN... LOOK AROUND THE WORLD!!  IT HAPPENS RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES!

Forgive my ignorance, but where did pink triangles come from?
And I agree that another holcaust can happen again on some level.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2006, 12:32:53 pm »
Jeffy,

Pink triangles were what the Nazi's made gay men wear in the death camps of the Shoah (holocaust). We don't know exactly how many men of the Pink Triangle suffered and died because at the end of WWII, they were denied all rights and in some cases sent back to prison under the terms of Paragraphs 175 and 176 of the Nuremburg Penal Code. We do know it exceeded 250,000.

Some of them were men like KCMetroman.

I would love to say that I'm sorry that the image I've posted is distressing, but I'm not. It's what's happening right now. Not just in Iran but around the globe. What happens to women who fail to meet the relevant standard of your Local Oppressive RegimeTM is even worse.

It is this stuff that makes me angry and prickly and unpleasant. The fact that 32,000 people starved to death today, but nobody goes to war for them. The fact that leprosy is still endemic in my country but it only happens to blacks so who gives a shit?

The fact that it could be you or me or Little Jaser or anyone of us on that scaffold with our backs stripped raw awaiting the terror of the long drop just because we were true to our natures.

Or that 40+ million americans have no health care and there is no good reason for that.

And the powerful don't give a fuck.

MtD
(Who has said enough. For now.)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2006, 01:41:55 pm »

....and when they came for the homosexuals I said nothing because I wasn't a homosexual....and when they finally came for me there was no one left to say anything.
Dearest Matty, you sir can never say enough.

Peace,
Hal

Offline JeffInNYC

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2006, 02:46:05 pm »

....and when they came for the homosexuals I said nothing because I wasn't a homosexual....and when they finally came for me there was no one left to say anything.

Wasnt that a moral in one of Aesops fables or something?  But its true and the moral speaks volumes.

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 11:34:22 am »
I agree with Matty, however I strongly believe that if two consenting adults wish to get married then they should be able to do so. To deny even one person of equality because they’re different from the norm is wrong. I’ve already voiced/emailed my opinion with my state representatives.

Funny thing, Senator Dianne Feinstein web site was off line all weekend. It just came back up this morning.

Personally I could care less about gay or heterosexual marriages. But that a personal preference on my part. Just what affect will two people of the same sex have on hetero marriages? It’s all just a political smoke screen by the conservative right. The Republican Party is out of step with the rest of the country.

Any person that has so much hatred as this president has towards gays only makes me question his manhood. “What’s he hiding?”

Terry

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2006, 12:26:22 pm »
Whats his problem? What isnt his problem? He is the pres. He is responsible if dumb fucks dont leave their homes in flood prone areas in the path of hurricanes. He is responsible for everything that everyone wants or doesnt want. His biggest problem is his inability to communicate properly.
I dont give a crap who marries who nor do I know anyone who does. The only time I ever hear this subject brought up is when Bush brings it up. But this proposal of his could backfire in more ways than one. It will cost him votes among most conservatives, like myself, who distrust him for his liberal spending and nation building and cant understand why he is wasting time and capital on something so stupid, but it also brings the subject front and  center and when that happens in the US, freedom usually wins the day. It will almost certainly be defeated, which will be a victory for those who support gay marriage.
While I do not oppose gay marriage, I do not understand the problem many have with just calling it something else if they still get all imagined and real perks of calling the relationship marriage under law. Often to get to a goal you have to do it in small steps or by circuitous route. The US did not become a quasi socialist state overnight, it has taken the left 60 years of pushing us down the slippery slope, often taking less than they wanted but always knowing they were moving in the right direction.
The lawyer lobby is gonna be pushing hard for gay marriage.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2006, 12:57:15 pm »
Jake meet Jack...me thinks the new drug trial has addled his brain. The right has eroded most social gains we made as soon as it gained control over all branches of the government. Jake repeat after me wedge,wedge,wedge,wedge,wedge,ISSUES. You better pray for a big ol' dollup of socialism if you ever are in need of meds and can't afford them. I would give Mao a blowjob if I thought that would give everyone access to health care. By the way,who is paying for your drug trials?

Free your mind baby...the rest will follow.

Peace,
Hal :P

(who lives smack-dab in the socialist state of Dixie)

ps What's his problem? He is an evangelical nut job who believes in all that end time hokum.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 01:02:56 pm by Dachshund »

Offline Oscar

• 20 Years POZ
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2006, 03:03:11 pm »
In honor of "DICK AND W" on the day they are introducing anti gay marriage legislation, for no other reason than to distract us from real issues like bombs, Iran, Iraq, oil prices, homeland INsecurity, etc... (What color level are we today? Orange, red, yellow? Oh yeah, they'll save those false threats until election time.) I felt it was appropriate to pass along how they really feel about the sanctity of marriage.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2006, 03:16:23 pm »
.......oh Dan,I love you.....will you marry me?

:-*Hal :-*

Offline Oscar

• 20 Years POZ
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2006, 03:18:36 pm »
Yes! I will marry you!

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2006, 03:23:14 pm »
I am in favor gay marriage for the rights in confers.  I personally don't care what it is called (ie: civil union)

Whether or not I would want to marry myself is irrelevant, some do.

I think the greater issue on this matter is that instead of merely not been legal, it makes it illegal.   To me that is a notable distinction.

It's a tragic step backwards and makes our country one more step closer to those those who execute gays.

I'm not saying there aren't more important things in this world and I can see matty's point, but just because there are more important issues doesn't mean this one isn't without importance either.   I don't want my country to become like others.... and this is a first step towards that.

Offline jack

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2006, 03:29:31 pm »
Hal, I have been lucky enough to pay my own way, so far. I did not have insurance my first 4 or 5 years, and paid for all my own med expenses. As in most cases my drug trial is being paid for by the company that is trying get the drug approved.
Hal, while US goverment expenditures on social programs might not be the programs you favor,it has increased under republicans and Bush as the highest rate in recent history. To date Bush has not vetoed any spending bill.
What social gains have you lost?

Offline jack

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2006, 03:35:35 pm »
I still dont think you all get it. This proposal of Bush's is supposed to be defeated. If so, those who favor gay marriage win.
 Comparing US treatment of gays to the way gays are treated in moslem countries is insane.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2006, 03:45:15 pm »
I'm not for gay marriage but I think a constitutional amendment is completely unnecessary. Yes, this is transparently a wedge issue used by the Republicans and Democrats to distract from more important issues. From the angry tone of the posts on here the ploy is obviously working.

Yes, there are people killed around the world for being homosexual but guess what... there are people killed around the world every day for no good reason whatsoever.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2006, 03:50:10 pm »

....and I know YOU don't get it Jake. If you think tax cuts for the wealthy and the defense budget are social programs then so be it. My idea of a social program would be funding health care for the fifty percent of people with HIV who don't receive treatment. Not only would that be social...it would be humane. I hope you can always afford to pay for your meds out of pocket...or have access to a drug trial. Many don't and many will die.

And please don't dare compare treatment of gays...unless you are gay. Muslim or Christian a theocrat is a theocrat is a theocrat and they want us DEAD!

Hal

Offline jack

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2006, 05:15:15 pm »
Hal, in the USA we are aguing over whether gays can enter into a contract called marriage,in moslem countries they are arguing over whether to hang or behead gays and you say both places treat gays the same?
Everytime Bush brings up this gay amendmant deal, gays who favor marriage should be very happy. It will be defeated and that means victory for you!! This is the way things work in US, we are allowed to argue. No one is being beheaded or hanged in the US over their position on gay marriage. The more often Bush brings this up the further he paints republicans as crazy far right christian nutjobs, more victory for your side. When your opponent is in the process of destroying himself, stand aside.
Dont you see? Just as an immoral lout pussy hound was followed by a far right christian whackjob rockhead,the next person in this office will most likely be somewhere in between.
I still dont understand what rights you have lost since Bush became president.

Offline BB

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2006, 05:49:17 pm »
I say go for it. Let the public debate the issue and become more familiar with the gay life style and the problems we face. The more exposure we get, the more people we win over, like what amendment 2 did for us.

Besides, I don't mind giving the super religious a few sleepless nights, misguided miscreants that they are.

Bill
Damn the Torpedoes! Full speed ahead! Adm. D. Farragut.

Started Atripla 8/18/06 and if I eat the right food when I take my meds, I get to go on a-trip-la.

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2006, 06:15:00 pm »
Hi guys,

I sincerely hope that all of you who are conservative identified, will pay attention for the next five to ten years.  This childish bullshit, has no place being discussed in government at all.  I want to point out the obvious. 

WHERE ARE ALL THE PRO-GAY MARRIAGE SPOKESMODELS.  HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, there are none, because this whole bullshit amendment and discussion is the result of the Evangelical Christian (?) jerkoff right extremests.  They are the ones that brought it up the first time, and they are the ones that still look stupid discussing it.  Fortunately this discussion at this time in space, is the exact thing that we need to get the "sleepytime" level headed voters (of all parties) out of the closets of ignorance and maybe we can make a difference next time around.  I must say though, that if there is no significant change in this countries government and it's policies in the next three years, there is little hope of us ever turning this failing economy around ever again.  We have exported all our manufacturing, not raised the minimum wage in over ten years, ignored the health and welfare of the middle class, left all the political decision making in the hands of oil and pharma; so what the hell do you expect to happen with the upcoming election.  Those trashing Gays at this time, are only doing so as a distraction.  In reality, they must be totally asleep, or not paying attention.  We have little hope of staying solvent in the next five years if we don't start turning the trends around.  This is simple logic, no emotion going on in this home.  Just observation.

Let's hear it for the new and re-funded Bank of China!!!!!!!!!!!  The new rulers of the world.

Now let's see, what kind of currency do they have, and how many do you have to save to buy a Chevy???????..........  Millions?
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2006, 06:18:34 pm »
Jake/Jack,

The Constitution of this country is intended to secure rights for the people it should never be used to Deny rights to a certain group of consenting adult. He is making a mockery out of our laws our civil rights our right to privacy you name it this so called conservative compassionate idiot is screwing the middle class of this country in favor of the 1% richest in this country.

Last week they found more bodies in New Orleans. (This wouldn’t have taken as long under a democratic presidency.) Have you seen what has not been done to the black neighborhoods since Katrina? People have lost everything due to lack of action buy this administration. And in time the developers will come in with big money and take what’s left. I just filled my car up “$80.00.” My health insurance went up again. Everything to run a home is almost triple in cost since he took office.

The war on terrorism has backfired on Bush. Bin laden is in Afghanistan/Pakistan not Iraq.

Bush is gay bashing with the same-sex-marriage issue to try and get his polls back up from 22% the only other president to ever be that low was your buddy Nixon. This presidency is an embarrassment to the whole world. We (Americans) are hated due to this cowboy’s actions. And the bottom will fall out of all this. Who will pay? We will! Middle class America and our children and grandchildren. He is a failure and I hope you don’t even try and compare other presidencies with his.

Big Corporations, Stockholders, Shareholders and CEO’s. Is all he cares about. Screw the little guy the working class. “Trickle down?” More like pissed on.

22% of this nation that were asked approved of his performance.

Terry

PS. This is not a win or loses vote. The votes aren't they’re to pass an Amendment to the Constitution.

Offline jack

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2006, 06:34:03 pm »
Geez Terry,you sure have a lot of hate going on and I thought I was the person most likely to go off topic.
Your statement on New orleans is hilarious,being that both the govenor and mayor are dems. At least the voters in the most recent mayoral vote chose the democratic incompetent over the democratic crooks.(that family has pilfered the state andcity for years and stole most of the dough that was supposed to go to the dikes or whatever they were called).
Why do you look to the goverment for every solution? And someone took exception when I called the US a quasi socialist state. I do not care what any other country thinks of this country. Of course they hate us,we are number one. We are the best.
You should be jumping up and down with joy everytime a president with a 14% approval rate brings up this gay marriage ban. It is a no lose situation for those who support gay marriage or for the majority of US citizen who really dont give a shit who marries who.

Offline jack

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2006, 06:42:08 pm »
terry, $80 for a tank of gas??? What kind of car do you have? I just bought a 2007 toyota camry,4cylinder. Got 30mpg last week!!!!! Almost the same as the much hyped hybrid. At that rate it would take over 8 years to pay for the difference in cost. I love it. I love all these dumb fucks driving around in Suburbans.
If you want lower gasoline you should be for the goverment opening up all gov owned lands for drilling as well as that wasteland in Alaska. I cant wait till the day I can drive around the coast of florida and there are oil rigs as far as the eye can see. Every little bit helps. On the other hand if you are for alternative enery and new energy sources these high energy prices are the best thing that could happen.
It gonna be really funny watching all these dictators in middle east and S america when we have a new energy source.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2006, 11:19:00 pm »
.....Dear god Jake you didn't buy American? It's asian loving commies like you that is destroying 'merica.

Jakester here's what I want us to do....I'll let you pick any redneck bar in Houston. We walk up to the bar and you say hi bartender this is Hal my boyfriend my name is Jake and we both have AIDS....

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2006, 12:15:34 am »
Hal, ::)

You wouldn’t want Jake to be speaking with his mouth full now would you? Sorry Jake, I could help myself. And btw I drive a 16-year-old BMW 24.7 mpg.

Terry

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2006, 01:24:48 am »
This Amendment is just more smoke and mirrors, to draw everyone away from the fact, that the marriage thing means little, the bottom line is that many Americans are second class citizens, simply because of who we love.  This has nothing to do with our trashing marriage, it has to do with the Christian Right deciding on how some people, being most of us, should live and act and if they have to do that by defacing our founding documents, just to fight those faggots and fairies, what a sorry lot.

I don't want special rights, just equal rights.  All of these lies have been used before to enshrine discrimination into the laws, now they just want to make it really permanent.  What a sorryy group of fucks.

Offline jack

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2006, 04:50:21 am »
hal, i bought my last American car over ten years ago. I wish US auto makers would start bringing their concept cars directly to mkt instead of teasing us. I wish US auto makers would spend some of the money they waste on marketing junk and hire away the americans that work for toyota. But no matter my new toyota camry 07 is an awesome car. I gave my old toyota avalon to my kids.

There are enough gay bars and bars that dont give a shit in Houston,we dont need to be going into redneck bars. In addition I dont know where any redneck bars are.
But since I quit drinking,thanks to the wonder drug crixivan,I rarely go into bars anymore. I really miss all my old drinking friends.  I dont know who is more uncomfortable around who. Drinkers around their old friends who have quit or vice versa.
I thought about having a glass of red wine last night.  Just a thought.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2006, 07:33:02 am »
Cheers Jakey....I knew you you were a closet bleedin' heart.

Hal :-*

Offline Optimistic

• An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctors Away!
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2006, 07:37:02 am »
it's no surprise to me that Bush contradicts everything he says or do....don't get me wrong, I think legalizing gay marriage is an awesome start for gay movement....but this man is just the biggest idiot ever...and we are bigger idiots for voting an idiot into office. Sorry Bush fans, I just don't like the guy.

Justin
12/06 (Atripla): cd4 - 260; cd% - 33%; vl - 169
1/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 267; cd% - 38.1%; vl - 132
4/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 373; cd% - 33.9%; vl - <50
7/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 287; cd% - 35.8%; vl - <50
9/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 356; cd% - 39.5%; vl - <50
12/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 517

Offline jack

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2006, 08:04:18 am »
Please Dems, give us an person we can vote for. I cant stand Frist or McCain. Both would be worse than Bush,in my opinion.
I, and many republicans as well as conservatives could vote for Harold Ford. He is a pro busniness democrat who doesnt pander.
The stock market is telling us the Dems will win. What funny is the stock mkt always tanks in anticipation of democratic wins but always seems to do pretty well under Democratic presidents.
Ws recent gay marriage ban crap is because republican polls are showing Democratic victory. They have no idea why they were elected to office.
Maybe this is the year for a third party?

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2006, 08:53:57 am »
How does the fight for gay marriage do anything for the suicidal gay teen who's barely surviving at Tom DeLay High in Butt-Fuck County Alabama?

don't forget Haute Lay High and Haute Fuque High in Buttfuck County

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.