Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:13:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 359
Total: 359

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Assessment  (Read 13853 times)

Offline rocky7814

Assessment
« on: June 20, 2008, 04:34:19 pm »
6 weeks ago, I performed oral sex very briefly on a woman I did not know, about less then a minute. I'm unsure if I brushed before, if I had, wouldve been an hour and a half beforehand. At day 39, 40, 41, I had diarrhea once per day, no other symptoms before this, so what I'm curious about is..

1. I know we dont talk about symptoms around here, but is ARS typical, this late, about 5.5-6 weeks later, and doesnt it come all at once, not just diarrhea once per day

2. I took an HIV antibody test at 6 weeks (41 days), with a negative result. Can I consider this conclusive and move on with life, since I was told by many with fine expertise this was either a NO RISK or so extremely low it's neglible along with the NO DOCUMENTED CASES. I also havent had any other 'risks' in well over 2 years, so can I consider myself HIV negative?

Any help is appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 04:47:10 pm by rocky7814 »

Offline RapidRod

Re: Assessment
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 05:07:57 pm »
You can consider it conclusive since you didn't have a risk.

Offline rocky7814

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 12:35:03 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Just have two questions

1. If I had symptoms, they'd come all at once right? Not just diarrhea once per day for 3 days then nothing, and if ARS symptoms come, arent they usually within 2-4 weeks, not 5.5-6 weeks?

2. Is epididymitis a common ARS symptom? I've got some testicle pain after ejaculation,(masturbation) as of today. Probably totally unrelated.

3. If I'm conclusive, it's safe to say, any supposed 'symptoms' have NOTHING to do with HIV?

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 12:41:58 pm by rocky7814 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 03:05:32 pm »
It's no surprise that you tested negative because nothing you have reported put you at risk for HIV transmission.

That's right about ARS. The symptoms come on all at once and not one now and another days or weeks later.

When there is a real risk, which I hasten to repeat you did not have, symptoms will never tell you anything accurately about your HIV status. They are so non-specific and resemble symptoms from many other causes.

If any troubling symptoms persist then discuss them with your doctor. This is NOT and HIV situation. Period. 
Andy Velez

Offline rocky7814

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 03:46:18 pm »
Wow I am relieved to the say the least. Just another question or two for my mind..

1. So, even if my gums were inflamed and one might've been bleeding, still not a risk? I'd assume there'd have to be blood pouring out in a waterfall like rush into a gaping bleeding wound to even have the slightest chance, and then still it seems far fetched. Due to such things as temperature, saliva inhibiting the virus, countless studies of pos-negative couples who engage in unprotected oral and never got infected exist and that the virus only infects INSIDE the human body by way of unprotected vaginal/anal sex, and sharing IV drug works? Would I be correct in saying that..

2. MedHelp, AidsMeds, and the Massachusetts Health Dept all said my 6 week test for my exposure is conclusive I don't have HIV, nor have to test again,  I'm assuming thats spot on then, since I didnt have a risk.

3. HIV just doesn't come in one symptom if it symptoms are present, it's more of a flu-like virus that almost always includes a fever, that comes all at once, usually in weeks 2-3 after exposure, not 5-6 weeks after therefore my symptoms are irrelevant.

Correct on all counts?

And Am I right in saying all this and can move forward 100% knowing that I truly am HIV negative, seeing as I 1. didnt have a risk, 2. haven't had a real risk in over 2 years, and my recent negative test proves so. 3. Use condoms for intercourse, anal and vaginal, its that simple to stay negative?

Once again, sorry if I'm going on, I appreciate it.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 04:02:43 pm by rocky7814 »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 04:15:36 pm »
Yes Rocky, you're correct on all counts.

I should add that Massachusetts is the only US state where the window period is 6 weeks not 13.

MtD

Offline rocky7814

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 04:20:15 pm »
Interesting, but as you've both stated, no need for me to even go back and test at 13, correct?  MA along with SF City Clinic, told me No Risk, as did you all.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 04:23:37 pm »
That's correct Rocky. Since you didn't have a risk in the first place you don't need to test again. You didn't need to test in the first place.

MtD

Offline rocky7814

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 03:31:59 pm »
Just have a quick question. I know the CDC Standards say '13 weeks', though most will not convert after 6 and many health clinics say 12 weeks, if I had a test at 82 days,  would that change from my 6 week, or be any different then a 13 week?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 03:48:26 pm »
Rocky,

You are conclusively hiv negative. You didn't have a risk in the first place, as you've been repeatedly told.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline rocky7814

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 07:34:32 pm »
Ok this is gonna sound strange but, I just went and got tested at 12 weeks, negative. (health clinic in philadelphia)

1. At first the nurse tried to draw blood with a regular needle which I saw her unpack, she was only able to draw a small amount of blood from my vein. Not enough for use, then either unaware to me, she said she opened up a new package, but it looked like it was already there, just sitting below the desk on the surface. she put the needle on a 'butterfly' syringe, and connected my vile to it, it had a tube connecting to the vile.  I asked her if it was clean, she said yes, everything is clean, she just unpacked it.

2. My question is, I didnt see anyones blood on the needle tip, but howabout if there was someone elses blood inside the small tuibe connected to the syringe and vile, would this scientifically be able to get in my blood stream, eventhough its a WITHDRAW of blood, not an INJECTION, am I right about that? Correct on that? After the test, she threw away the materials used.  Which I hope she does with all materials

Please just answer this for me, and I'll go away.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 07:47:11 pm by rocky7814 »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 07:47:14 pm »
OK Rocky.

Just cut the bullshit right now.

The venepuncture equipment used by the nurse when you were tested was completely sterile. You were the first, last and only person it was used on. Nobody else's blood was involved.

You were not at risk in the first place and you were not at risk when you tested.

We don't allow people to carry on with this sort of crap in these forums. The rules as laid down in the AMI Welcome Thread are clear. You should read them carefully, especially this one:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Seriously.

MtD

Offline rocky7814

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 11:50:41 pm »
Yeah , I can't quite fathom why that came up in my mind. I'm sure thats gotta be one of the silliest you've heard on here. I'm going to seek mental counseling advice shortly, because thats just insane why I'd think that up.. Anyways good luck and God Bless to you all, you really do a superb job helping on here.

Offline rocky7814

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 01:50:16 pm »
Not sure if I should have created a new topic, but I know the original thread rule, so here goes.

Wednesday night, I was attacked by my brother, he was strangling me, and the only thing I could do to free myself was to bite his head. There was a minimal amount of blood from his head, I'm not sure if any entered my mouth, I did have a cold sore on my lip, though it wasn't an open wound nor bleeding. Do I have any reason to worry over this incident? I'll take your word for it.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 01:52:10 pm »
No, you didn't have a risk.

Offline rocky7814

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2008, 01:54:16 pm »
Thanks Rod.

Offline rocky7814

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2008, 05:50:11 pm »
I recently received oral sex, blowjob. I noticed before I had a small scrape on my penis, does that actually make it a risk or am I over-exaggerating. I also penetrated her with a condom (protected) for about 10 seconds. Should I be concerned here? (sorry about prior post in new thread)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2008, 05:52:32 pm »
No risk. Saliva is not infectious.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 07:47:17 pm »
Rocky,

You've been coming here long enough to know by now that getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection because as Rodney points out, saliva is not infectious.

You should also know by now that protected intercourse is just that - protected.

We're not here to hold your hand every time you have a sexual encounter. Learn this stuff, don't just rely on us to fill in the blanks for you each time.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline rocky7814

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 10:19:07 pm »
You're right Ann. I apologize, thanks for the help you all give. I need to seek therapy of sorts, its reducing the quality of my life, worrying over no risk situations.

Offline rocky7814

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2008, 01:50:04 pm »
Ann, I just wanted to clear things up before I move on. (I know the policy.) I've decided to further educate myself about this instance by searching, etc.

1. The most important factor which is why its NOT a risk, is saliva is simply not infectious and in fact is an inhibitor.

2. The skin break in my penis is no factor because of the statement above.

3. For any type of 'theoretical' risk, I'd have to per say have  a gaping bleeding wound on my penis, with blood pouring out of her mouth, which obviously wasnt the case.

4. With the countless MSM studies, pos-neg partners engaging in unprotected oral, and the zillions of blowjobs with protected intercourse, no cases of this exist and it is truly not a risk for HIV. However other STDs can occur via unprotected blowjobs.

Sound about right?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2008, 01:55:08 pm »
Rocky,

Yes, that sounds right.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline rocky7814

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 09:46:34 pm »
Thank you all for the help. The way I look at it is, if I use a condom for anal and vaginal sex, I will have nothing to worry about. And any anxiety that may arrise is irrational on my behalf. Seeing as theres never been one single case of transmission via receiving a blowjob in any manner, I have nothing to be concerned of. Not one expert, here on aidsmeds, medhelp and the dept of health hotline I spoke with, said I was at risk. Time for me to accept this, and move forward. Once again, thanks.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 09:50:48 pm by rocky7814 »

Offline rocky7814

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2008, 12:07:04 pm »
So you've never heard of any cases in which the receptive partner has been infected? If there was indeed blood in her mouth, the saliva would inhibit it anyways? Sorry, I just want to be on the safe side. So no need to test, even if symptoms do occur? They'll have nothing to do with this incident? I have not had any other risky behaviors.

Also just want to ask:

No incident HIV infections among MSM who practice exclusively oral sex.
Int Conf AIDS 2004 Jul 11-16; 15:(abstract no. WePpC2072)??Balls JE, Evans JL, Dilley J, Osmond D, Shiboski S, Shiboski C, Klausner J, McFarland W, Greenspan D, Page-Shafer K?University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, United States

Oral transmission of HIV, reality or fiction? An update
J Campo1, MA Perea1, J del Romero2, J Cano1, V Hernando2, A Bascones1
Oral Diseases (2006) 12, 219–228

AIDS:  Volume 16(17)  22 November 2002  pp 2350-2352
Risk of HIV infection attributable to oral sex among men who have sex with men and in the population of men who have sex with men

Page-Shafer, Kimberlya,b; Shiboski, Caroline Hb; Osmond, Dennis Hc; Dilley, Jamesd; McFarland, Willie; Shiboski, Steve Cc; Klausner, Jeffrey De; Balls, Joycea; Greenspan, Deborahb; Greenspan

Page-Shafer K, Veugelers PJ, Moss AR, Strathdee S, Kaldor JM, van Griensven GJ. Sexual risk behavior and risk factors for HIV-1 seroconversion in homosexual men participating in the Tricontinental Seroconverter Study, 1982-1994 [published erratum appears in Am J Epidemiol 1997 15 Dec; 146(12):1076]. Am J Epidemiol 1997, 146:531-542.

Studies which show the fallacy of relying on anecdotal evidence as opposed to carefully controlled study insofar as HIV transmission risk is concerned:

Jenicek M. "Clinical Case Reporting" in Evidence-Based Medicine. Oxford: Butterworth–Heinemann; 1999:117

Saltzman SP, Stoddard AM, McCusker J, Moon MW, Mayer KH. Reliability of self-reported sexual behavior risk factors for HIV infection in homosexual men. Public Health Rep. 1987 102(6):692–697.Nov–Dec;

Catania JA, Gibson DR, Chitwood DD, Coates TJ. Methodological problems in AIDS behavioral research: influences on measurement error and participation bias in studies of sexual behavior. Psychol Bull. 1990 Nov;108(3):339–362.

All of these were seperate studies with hundreds/thousands who practice receptive oral with no protection and not one became infected?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 12:20:55 pm by rocky7814 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2008, 12:24:38 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2008, 02:07:02 pm »
Thank you all for the help. The way I look at it is, if I use a condom for anal and vaginal sex, I will have nothing to worry about. And any anxiety that may arrise is irrational on my behalf. Seeing as theres never been one single case of transmission via receiving a blowjob in any manner, I have nothing to be concerned of. Not one expert, here on aidsmeds, medhelp and the dept of health hotline I spoke with, said I was at risk. Time for me to accept this, and move forward. Once again, thanks.

You need to follow what you said  you were ready to do. Re-read what you yourself wrote above rather than those many references to articles which is your attempt to continue to fuel an unnecessary, unproductive discussion. Get on with your life. You need to know that you're on the verge of getting a Time Out. Consider yourself warned.
Andy Velez

Offline rocky7814

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2008, 03:33:41 pm »
You need to follow what you said  you were ready to do. Re-read what you yourself wrote above rather than those many references to articles which is your attempt to continue to fuel an unnecessary, unproductive discussion. Get on with your life. You need to know that you're on the verge of getting a Time Out. Consider yourself warned.

You're right Andy. Actually it was the abrasion/scrape on my penis that had me concerned, but after browsing the forum (like I should have previously done) I noticed you said countless times despite all these type of things (nicks, cuts, bites, abrasions, bleeding gums etc) infection still doesn't occur this way. That studies of all sorts of situations have been done and the mode of transmission simply doesn't pose a risk.  I over-exaggerated AGAIN. You will not being hearing from me anytime soon. I will not test over this, but maybe for other STI's if necessary. Also will continue using condoms for sexual intercourse. Thanks.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2008, 09:08:47 pm »
Good. Get on with your life and have a happy and healthy New Year.
Andy Velez

Offline rocky7814

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2009, 08:41:30 pm »
Ok as you know I received oral from a female (i'm a male) about 7 weeks ago. So I went to get tested for peace of mind. At the clinic when I got tested, at first I noticed the vacutainer had a red spot on them (later found out they all did.) Asked if the needle was sterile, she confirmed it was, and this was the dept of public health. What I'm concerned about is after 20 minutes, the clinic CALLED me while I was IN the clinic, unfortunately I did not answer it in time. So I called the number back, and it was the main reception at the clinic, didnt know who called. Of course I'm freaking out, then about 15 minutes later, I received my negative results. Do any of you happen to work at a clinic, and could perhaps explain why I was called? I do have a strange looking telephone number, which I put on the paper. It was also very crowded that day, packed literally. (Theres only one STI counselor I believe) If anyone could be of help, I'd appreciate it. I really didnt need or have a risk in the first place; now I'm just worried.

1. What could be possibly be the reason they called my phone while I was there? (after about 20 mins)

2. Isnt the rapid test results usually within 20 minutes? Is it possible there was something wrong with my test after 20 so they re-tested the blood? It was about 35-40 minutes when I was called in with my negative result.

3. Just for theory sake, IF there was someone elses blood along with mine, negative or positive, wouldnt that yield some sort of inconclusive?

4. Blood is being DRAWN, nothing injected so it doesnt pose a risk anyways right?. It was a vacutainer needle, i didnt see any blood ON it, and the needle only barely pierced my skin, after a brief pause, the vacuum sucked it down into the tube.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2009, 08:55:12 pm »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2009, 07:06:35 am »
Rocky,

Do you think we are mind readers? You should have asked at the clinic why they called you. Most likely, they wanted to deliver your negative results over the phone if they were as busy as you say. You ended up having to wait because you didn't answer your phone and ended up in the queue to see a counselor in person. Not rocket science, eh Rocky? Sheesh.

You didn't have a risk. Of course your result was negative! And no, you weren't infected during the test either. We've been down this road with you before and we won't go down it again.

Post again over this no-risk crap you keep bringing here and you WILL be timed out.

This is your last warning.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline rocky7814

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 04:44:23 pm »
I'm full aware of the rules, and don't intend to drag this out. I've searched the forums high and low, and found mostly that it's a no risk activity. Though I have seen some sites say it can be a risk.

Recently, I was with a female I know, and I didnt realize I had a scratch on my finger before I proceeded to finger her, which makes me wonder if she scratched me during the act. However, after I was done and went to the bathroom, I noticed the scratch was red, with the smallest scabbing. If I was bleeding during the initial act, does this open up a risk? Or do things like temperature, me moving the actual finger out of her vagina kill any chance of transmission? And being that it looked scabbed, does that mean the healing process began? What are the reasons this can or hopefully CANNOT happen? I will head on my merry way, hopefully in a no risk situation, I'd just like some scientific details. Wouldn't my finger need to be profusely bleeding -> something I would have obviously seen afterward in the bathroom for any type of theoretical risk? Thanks for all your help and I apologize for yet another post here, a year later..
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 04:46:47 pm by rocky7814 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 05:24:26 pm »
No matter what details you throw into the mix, fingering of any kind is absolutely not a risk for HIV transmission. I trust you get how clearly I am saying this because I can tell you that we are definitely not up for another round of buts and what ifs with you.

You've been coming here long enough to know that sexually the only confirmed risks for the transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. That's it.

Get on with your life and apply the information you have received here as you continue your sexual activities.
Andy Velez

Offline rocky7814

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2010, 02:33:18 pm »
Unsure if i was supposed to start a new thread but here goes. I fully understand this might be a stretch but I'm worried nonetheless because of other things I've read:

I was recently involved in a fight, more along the lines of breaking up a fight. One person involved had a lot of blood on his face, and at some point I believe felt blood hit my face. I had no open wounds to speak of, but if for instance blood got in my eyes, would that be a risk? Has anything like this been documented? Seeing as the temperatures outside were fairly low, I cant see this as quite the right environment for transmission even if there was blood. But I figured I would get your opinions. I'm probably just worrying needlessly and I don't intend to drag this out.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 02:36:05 pm by rocky7814 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2010, 03:25:56 pm »
Rocky,

You did the right thing by using your original thread. That's what you're supposed to do.

And you're also right in that what you describe is absolutely NOT the right kind of environment for hiv transmission. Once again you're worrying needlessly. Stop it.

Make sure you're using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you'll be fine where hiv is concerned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2010, 03:31:07 am »
I am sorry other sources and other sites claim that HIv infection through insertive fellatio is possible. It IS possible that they are using very old and outdated information, relying, I assume, on bad, ineffective, or erroneous patient report. All of the RELIABLE studies, in test tubes, in simians/primate, and long-term studies of serodicrodant couples show this is NOT a viable source for transmission. This, combined with the compelling sociological and epidemiologal data show that fellatio - indeed, oral sex of all kinds - is the most common sexual activity. Were HIv to be transmitted this way, studies aside, the number of infected would comprise most of the sexually active world.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.