Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:23:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 380
Total: 380

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: clarification  (Read 10398 times)

Offline ity-fear

clarification
« on: November 28, 2007, 11:10:05 am »
Hello,

First ; congratulation to all staff relevant the quality of service and  patience show every day.

I’m Italian man, I discovered this site surfing internet try  to found real information relevant Hiv, french Kissing & oral. Sex.
In the Italian site, excluded same minor exeption, there are a lot of confusion relevant this mattern and my impression is that nobody want have the responsibility to assume a clear position of transmission risk of Hiv in oral sex.
I’m pleased to know your risk assessment relevant my exposition happened 2 time in one month.
Some french kiss and about 2 min. of oral sex (fellatio) with a woman.
This woman is my colleague, I know him since15 year, married and with a little child.
I not saw blood presence in the mounth or in my penis, but is impossible for me exclude the possibility of same minor presence of quantity of blood on his mouth.
I also Fingered her a little, with possibility that a very little amount of vaginal secretion came in my mouth, or penis. (I try to avoid it, but I’m not sure)
In the paste (recent) I get test for hiv about 3 time in 6 months (I’m paranoic), the woman had hiv neg test at 07/07
In my  last neg hiv test (10/07)  is not included the risk above described, (French kiss and short fellatio, little fingering).
This is exactly description what is happened, No vaginal intercourse, No anal intercourse, No oral sex on her.
In your opinion is necessary for me a new test to exclude the above risk ??.....excuse my, i’m not so able to understand all your reply relevant this mattern, probably you have done a lot of time similar answer. Now I know a new girl and i want move on with this new partner.
bottom line my fear

1) French Kissing with some minor presence of blood
2) Blow Job
3) Little fingering, with same minor vag. fluid on finger transported on mouth/penis

Sorry …my English is not so good, and i try to explain my fear…

I hope in your reply…and thanks again for your time and service that you provide

Offline RapidRod

Re: risk evaluation
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 11:24:38 am »
No risk. Take the time and read the lesson on transmission. You can find the link in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 12:11:53 pm »
None of the activities you have reported are ones that would put you at risk in any way for HIV transmission. Sexually the risk is essentially in terms of unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse. Everything else is pretty much theoretical rather than real risk.

You mention various factors about the woman you were with which I think you intend to indicate the low level of risk. I want to caution you about this. YOU are the person responsible for protecting your own health. And knowing or guessing about someone else's history or background or appearance or any other factors is absolutely not the way for you to know anything upon which you should base what you do sexually.

No matter what you think you know about someone, when you have sexual intercourse you should always be wearing a condom. No exceptions until such time as you maybe in a securely monogamous relationship in which you and your partner both test negative at a reliable testing point.

As Rod has suggested, read the lesson on Transmission and get some more of the details you ought to know.

This time you don't have any cause for further concern about HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline ity-fear

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 02:45:32 pm »

Andy & Rapid Road

Thanks for your answer.

If i understand correctly is not necessary a further test about 1 months....for described risk...you can confirm ?

Hiv is a nightmare for me, probably have nonsens get a test each time i have a kiss or oral sex episode.....i'm irrational probably...

I agree 100 % for use of condom for vaginal & anal interciurse...but for french kiss and oral sex/petting is not always possible

get from a partner e negative hiv test, shure,is possible ti speak about the concern.......

Thanks again

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 02:49:22 pm »
I don't think you're listening to us.

You don't have to get tested. You didn't have any risk.

And getting a partner to get tested is really none of your business. You're the person who is responsible for your health. Which means if you have intercourse use a condom everytime. And if you are ever in doubt with good reason about your status then YOU should get tested. It's not necessary in relation to your current concern.

We do recommend that anyone who's sexually active regularly have a full STD panel done. That means at least annually.

This is NOT an HIV situation.
Andy Velez

Offline ity-fear

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 02:51:50 pm »
thanks andy.

Offline ity-fear

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 04:27:40 pm »
many thanks also to ann..i read a lot of your post this evening....

a great team !!!

Offline ity-fear

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 03:36:13 am »
Andy, Rapid, And Ann also,

i spent a night to read a lot of your response relevant question about oral, petting, french kiss etc etc.

Now bottom line....to have a conclusion & avoid further thread ...i can imagine to have each day, with different girl these activities (oviously is a dream !!!!)

1) French Kiss (with or without same minor Blood)
2) Oral Sex (fellatio)
3) Petting (masturbation, fingering etc) with possibility to have in mouth or on penis same vaginal fluid spread by finger

and  i can expect to avoid hiv......if i use condom for vaginal & anal intercourse, all these others think are not dangeroous...

I interpretated your answer to all user correctly ??

Thanks, end excuse me...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 08:17:39 am »
That's right. Use condoms everytime for vaginal or anal intercourse.

The other activities you listed do not represent risks for HIV transmission.
Andy Velez

Offline ity-fear

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 11:16:42 am »
Thanks andy !!!..i can relax a little now

Ann Do you want add some advice ???...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 11:31:43 am »
ity,

As you have been REPEATEDLY told, you have NOT had a risk for hiv infection.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER THESE INCIDENTS, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ity-fear

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 09:37:04 am »
Team,

in some italian site there is an alert relevant to oral sex, kiss & fingering in case a lot of blood is involved during these activitie.

But where is the difference...??..minor quantity..major quantity..where is the confine line ???..for me is not easy to understand....

a lot of people, i imagine, get a kiss or oral sex  with some bleeding gum etc etc.. same think for fingering....

Offline ubotts

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 09:45:42 am »
ity fear,
I think your question was answered over and over by the staff and others.
I am Italian too..and I dont know what you dont understand...Its all there in black and white..
Email me if you dont understand what everyone else here is trying to tell you..
Capeesh, mi pasian?  ciao ???
Live Love Laugh and dance like no ones watching.
Laughter is the best medicine, so try to have a laugh everyday..Even if your not feeling your best, think about something that was funny at one time in your life and work with it..   :o)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 10:06:07 am »
ity fear,
I think your question was answered over and over by the staff and others.
I am Italian too..and I dont know what you dont understand...Its all there in black and white..
Email me if you dont understand what everyone else here is trying to tell you..
Capeesh, mi pasian?  ciao ???

ity, ubotts,

We do not encourage going off-forum for these types of discussions. If you'd read this thread like we ask people to, you would have read the following:

We would like to request that you ask all your questions in the public forum ONLY. PMs are meant for off-forum socializing, not for asking questions that should be asked in the forum.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ity-fear

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 12:24:58 pm »
sorry Ann,

i don't want any private messages, i only report some advice to have your opinion.

Excuse me

Offline ity-fear

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 05:12:44 am »
Ann, Andy, Rapid..

i know that are no precise %, but if i ipotize a Hiv test at

1) 20 days
2) 30 days
3) 40 days
4) 60 days

what is % of precision about the results ??

I worried in any case about of Thousand of particoular that now i don't remember and possible dangerous relevant to mi risk exposition...(explained above).

The Only thinks that i'm sure is that i haven't any type of intercourse....vagina, anal, oral on her...NONE, ZERO

Thanks for the reply

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2007, 05:17:09 am »
ity,

You don't need all that testing. You have NOT had a risk. NO RISK. NONE. NADA.

You can test anytime you like and your result will be conclusive.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ity-fear

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2007, 05:42:20 am »
ann,

you are my angel....

Offline ity-fear

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 02:56:52 am »
Hi Team,

I purchased a rapid home test From "geodesic meditech inc" the name is Hiv test yourself.
The result is ok, and i read the instruction that says "no active virus inside the test kit" only antigene non activ ricombinante dell hiv (sorry for non english translation) plus reagent solution in a separate recipient.
Now..if during the test i touched with my finger (with blood) the  membrane in the windows for test i understand that there is no danger...because there is not active virus for test....
I'm right ??...or the test to have peace in mind will be transformed in a further nightmare ???

Thanks for answer

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 06:27:35 am »
ity,

You will not become infected from an hiv test. No way, no how.

As you have already been told, you did not have a risk and you do not need to test.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ity-fear

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2008, 10:35:18 am »
thanks for the reply ann...

Offline ity-fear

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 05:42:38 am »
Ann,

just an info......
the home test available on the net (there are hundred site where is possible to purchase it), are similar with the same component e operation principle ??...blood in the device plus reagent solution etc etc...
I intend that in any case, all the home test (from usa or china or europe and so...) are safe relevant to the inside component (i.e. no particle or part of live virus), or you have notice of same danger??
Oviously the % af attendibility can change, due to quality and accurancy of the test, but my interest is only relevant the safety for use...and accidental contact with blood and the device kit.
I'm right ??

Thanks for response !!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 05:54:21 am »
Ity,

There is no hiv test in existence anywhere in the world which contains the live virus. If you want to know more about testing, read the Welcome Thread like you've been repeatedly asked to and follow the Testing Lesson link.

You've also been repeatedly told that you have not had a risk and you do not need to test over this incident. When you read the Welcome Thread, please take note of the following posting guideline and consider yourself warned:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ity-fear

clarification
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2008, 11:46:54 am »
Hello Andy,Ann,rapid & co.

Excuse me for my english, i'm not american.
Now the question:
As already repeteated told in hundred of topic in terms of Hiv the main tihnks is use condom for any kind of sex intercourse....ok
but...for petting is impossible determinate with precision all of kind of intensity in the various activity.
French kiss....long french kissing, with high amount af saliva exchange
Oral sex (fellatio)
Oral sex (Cunnilingus)
A little of frottage
All these activities are involved in preliminary and petting phase normally and included a lot of exchange of body fluids, not only saliva i think.
Now considering the question above reported...is impossible to have the totale control of the action in these moments...and probably is the right way because have the control means probably not live the sitation...
Is impossible to avoid the contact of vaginal fluid in mouth, on the finger ...or on penis trasported by finger or with the frottage...or transported mouth by mouth...
Is possible to live the petting phase, the preliminary, with no anxiety because all these acitvities with hundred of possible variable can have ??
For me is always a nightmare....thousand of dubt that don't give the serenity...and each time is necessary to get hiv test after week & week of paranoia....each time in my mind there is a picture of some moment that i have touched, if my penis touched her vagina (frottage).....finger...taste, touch..& so in dangerous way..etc etc
I check if the woman is not on her period.....i check if i/her haven't cut on the finger...i check if the mouth is ok....i check...i chek...but...this
is not life.......and each time i have the sensation that i forgot to check somethink....
oviously...all these think lead me to have many many many many low contact with the women....
Dear Team
If is possible try to give me a definitive answer......just to try hev peace of mind...

thanks !!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: clarification
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2008, 12:15:20 pm »
ity,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You don't need to be doing all that checking and fretting. All you need to do is make sure there's a condom on your penis before you put it into someone's anus or vagina.

This is more about your fears, fears which have no basis in the science of hiv transmission. As such, I suggest you seek counseling. We cannot help you with your unfounded hiv anxiety here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.