Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:59:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 226
Total: 228

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Who is the Catman?  (Read 12008 times)

Offline Catman

• Blessed with more than 9 lives! + since 1986
    • Who is the Catman?
Who is the Catman?
« on: November 06, 2006, 03:25:01 pm »
  Not many forum members have done this but I do believe it is still a good idea; Personal Introductions. Only "MSPspud" and "newt" have done it so far (I think) and after emailing with so many forum members on the board and through personal emails I believe I'll post an intro about myself. Here it goes...for those interested;
                                                        THIS is the Catman!
  I'm from an island in the Carribean: Puerto Rico. Yes, the one that is still a commonwealth of the USA. The one discovered by Christopher Columbus who brought in the Spaniards and wiped out our Indians with diseases and bullets. An island of wondrous beauty and gorgeous beaches; sun, sand, palm trees, rain forests and great tropical drinks. An island that uses Spanish for its official language but English is mostly understood by the majority of the inhabitants.  During college years (1985 specifically) I had unprotected "rough" sex with a guy (s.o.b.) who made be bleed a little but still had his orgasm inside me. It was a brief relationship and I was 21. He knew what his intentions were because he was the "bad boy" type. He mumbled "finally" in my ear and it wasn't in a romantic way. From that moment on I had hiv in my mind until 1989 when I had my first hiv test and it returned positive. I was enrolling in the army and that was where the testing was done. It did not suprise me. I sort of knew I was already positive since 1986. I began my treatments in 1993 and was diagnosed "undetectable" just last October for the first time since beginning treatments.
   I have two cats (love cats) and am in a stable relationship with an hiv negative partner. We've been together for almost 14 years. From the beginning (after having safe sex with him ONCE) I disclosed my hiv status and told him No to a relationship. He appeared a few days later with a beautiful basket full of gifts and formally asked me to be with him. Even a ring was in the basket inside a green wooden cat. How could I say No to this. I liked him but that was it. I was hesitant at first but we continued dating until a bonding was made. I do not regret entering this relationship even though I had 3 previous partners before him. All died from aids. Each hurting in their own special way. The last one was the worst. Each of which I shared a monogamous relationship. Each teaching me that everyone loves in a different way. Each showing me that life goes on and you have to love yourself above anything else.
   Well, I'm the guy who sits towards the side tables in activities and is much better in small groups than in large crowds. In a concert I like being up front and in the theater in the middle of the room. I love cheese and wines and chicken salads. Don't do drugs or heavy drinking but did try out a little when I was in early college. That was with the "bad boy" I spoke of earlier. I like traveling to cold contries like Canada or Washington DC in winter. Though I live close to the beach I barely go there. Just happy looking at the view. "Jaws" still freaks me out! I love horror movies and sort of have a wicked and sarcastic side to my personality, but I'm really quiet, loving and enjoy being on my PC all day. For some strange reason, I'm discovering an interest in leather. The smell is exciting to my senses. Discovered the community in Washington DC last year but don't get me wrong, I would NOT get on a swing (at least I don't think so) or do any of that heavy stuff some people get into. I do like being surrounded by men in leather, though. My partner and I just like the atmosphere packed with sensuality and enjoy the music and the "up front" attitude that is present at these activities. They are really nice respectful persons who enjoy leather, music, dancing and a community spirit.
   Musically I like almost everything except religious music. Not the kind you sing at church but listening to a CD on songs doing a "Praise to His Name" upsets my wicked side. Ha,ha. Maybe if the song is sung by the rock band "Stryper" or "Evanescence" I'd like it more. Funny because I even do a solo during the mass on Saturday nights.
   I'm going to end this brief intro by thanking all those forum members who have shared emails with me and many still do. A special thanks to those who answered my treatment questions when I began with Fuzeon. That really helped me out a lot because I have no hiv positive friends in Puerto Rico and it's nice to speak to someone who shares our own concerns. All my gay friends have died and I'm the last one standing. God knows why I'm here, but I still don't. This Nov.10th I'll become 43 and each time my birthday arrives I wonder how it all would have turned out if I had never been infected with hiv. Where would I be? What would I be doing? Who would I be with? Though I really do not regret anything I've done in the past, the thought of just that one "moment" of intimacy with that wrong guy gets my heart beating faster when I think I could have said "NO" in that car, but my passion was driving me and when your young and horny, that is what rules our lives and obstructs our clear thinking...meow!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 07:14:32 am by Peter Staley »
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end
of this dreadful disease...

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
Re: Who is the Catman!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 03:57:27 pm »
Hi Catman –

Thank you for the introduction.  Newt and I were not the only ones to do an introduction.  There was actually an entire introductions thread when we jumped over to the new software at:

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=338.0  Happy reading  :)

I am glad you’ve gotten over your shyness and have decided to participate.  I think your experience with treatments and being in a mixed relationship are important for all of us to learn from.  We are also desperately in need of more cat lovers as the dogs and ferrets have strong followings here.  You can never have too many cats  ;)

Jason

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 04:04:57 pm »
Hello, amazing story, welcome

- matt

Now playing: Dolly Parton, Silver Dagger
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 04:16:27 pm »
Catman:  I think you meant "sLing" not swing! :)  Have enjoyed exchanging PMs with you.  Congrats on your good new numbers and next time I journey to San Juan I'll pack my chaps.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Catman

• Who is the Catman?
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 05:56:44 pm »
Ha,ha,ha. You see, Philly; I'm still a virgin at the leather thing. I DID mean sling and not swing! Thanks for the correction (blush). Now I'm all embarrassed but still laughing! What will those real leather men think of me now! Ha,ha!
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 06:11:08 pm »
Nice intro...I miss Puerto Rico, was there years ago. I feel a lil jipped cause my biological father is Puerto Rican and is from Utuado, I think I spelled that right. But that's a part of my heritage I never got to know. I would like to do an intro but am not sure where to start. But I did enjoy reading yours...
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: Who is the Catman?
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 07:06:01 pm »
Hi Catman,

Nice introduction ... Ed and I have thought on several occassions about vacationing in Puerto Rico. From Florida here, it's just a hope skip and a jump ! I have had several friends vacation there, and they have always had a great time.

All the Best-----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 07:52:28 pm »
Thanks for the link, Jason.  I have dragged it back from June to November.  Great to start to fill in who everyone is.  Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 08:23:27 pm »
Hi Catman, and welcome!   Glad you have joined us.

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Eldon

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 10:28:30 pm »
Hey Catman...

Very good intro.

I wish to extend to you a warm WELCOME here at the forums. Here you will find the encouragement, communication, understanding, support, some cries, some laughter, and many of your questions relating to HIV/AIDS answered.

We have a great group of Real people who will listen as well as answer you. We are here to encourage one another and to learn from each other.

Talking to other people helps us see that we are not the only ones with problems. Feel free to come and vent with whatever is on your mind from time-to-time as it is highly therapeutic.

In the interim, you may want to start taking a multi-vitamin, Omega 3 and eat a diet high in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, and low-fat dairy and avoid processed foods, saturated and trans fats. This will also help you maintain a healthy weight.

Exercise at least three times per week for a minimum of 30 minutes.

Make the BEST of each Day!

Offline Robert

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 11:37:52 pm »
welcome.  Great intro.  You come from a beautiful island. You been around long enough to know we're a bunch of great people who love to share.  I'm glad you found us.

robert

Offline Christine

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 01:30:59 pm »
Hi Catman!

Great introduction!

Congratulations on reaching undetectable!

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Catman

• Who is the Catman?
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 04:50:32 pm »
Wow. I'm pleased to be so welcome here. I was a bit shy on posting my intro because I do believe it to be something personal. Especially the part on "how I was infected". I was about to erase it thinking someone might make a "smart ass" comment and offend me but I took a deep breath and just let it go to the forum pages. I'm glad it made a good reading. I've even received some personal emails on the leather issue that have made me laugh. I will change my avatar soon because I think it is time for this cat to get out of his bag. If it's not another cat it will be a picture of myself. Like Matt (newt) says: "To keep it fresh". Thanks and a toast to you all (with a piña colada) yummy!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 12:01:17 pm by Catman »
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.