Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:42:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 324
Total: 325

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Worried  (Read 4277 times)

Offline shanjiang

• Standard
Worried
« on: July 10, 2013, 12:50:24 pm »
     Hi, everyone,I am from China,so please excuse my Enlgish.
     I received anilingus and oral sex from a street sex worker on June 25th,I know I always had one itching red spot around my ass (not bleeding but itching and kind painful after the encounter).how risk it is for getting hiv from that?
     Because all things happend in the dark place ,so I'm really not sure the condition of her mouth.I see you guys mentioned meth mouth can increasing the risk of being affected.I'm sure she didn't have a mouth of blood at that time but not sure if she had a meth mouth? I gooled it and it looks horrible but I really can't tell whether she had it in that condition.Please excuse my language,I stucked my stuff into her mouth and I can only feel her teeth was steady .And she didn't act like she felt painful in her mouth and acted normal when spitting out saliva when she performed oral on me.
     I' ve been stressed out for weeks.Really wish I can get some  information from you guys,Thank you very much!

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Worried
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 01:14:35 pm »
Hi Worried , the transmission modes for HIV are ...
Sharing IV drug needles immediately after use.
Unprotected anal and vaginal sex.
Mother to child during or shortly after birth
Very specific healthcare situations.

Meth mouth only applies if you had meth mouth and gave oral to another man who was infected with HIV and with a high viral load . You didn't have a risk and safly put this behind you .

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline shanjiang

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 02:33:08 pm »
Thanks for your reply ,Jeff
   so I don't need to go for test at this time.right?even if she have meth mouth and I have one red itching spot in my ass?
   And I wanna ask I had other two encounters before this one also with sex workers,they putted condom on me.I've seen you guys said only latex condom can prevent virus.I'm not sure what kind of condoms they putted on me.I'm sure that's not fur or something.
   I noticed that recently I got a little desquamate appearing on my hands,don't really know what's going on there.It really stressed me out.
   Really appreciate for your answer.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 02:41:31 pm by shanjiang »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 02:42:54 pm »
Thanks for your reply ,Jeff
so I don't need to go for test at this time.right?even if she have meth mouth and I have one red itching spot in my ass?
And I wanna ask I had other two encounters before this one also with sex workers,they putted condom on me.I've seen you guys said only latex condom can prevent virus.I'm not sure what kind of condoms they putted on me.I'm sure that's not fur or something.
really appreciate for your answer.

I promise you that you cant get HIV from having your butt munched .

Sex workers use condoms to avoid the same diseases you want to avoid so its logical that they would know what kind of condom is safe . Its kinda like if you drive your car for a living you know what kind of oil it uses .     
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 02:56:32 pm »
Shan,

If you want to know what's going on with your itchy butt, you'll have to show it to a doctor. I can tell you that it has nothing to do with hiv infection. It also doesn't change your risk - NO risk - from having someone lick your ass.

Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect. That's why getting oral of any sort is NOT a risk.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline shanjiang

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 03:44:26 pm »
sorry,just one more question and thanks for the explanation to my questions.
   you have to understand that I was in a small city of China,I don't think the sex workers here have enough knowledge of that,we kind of lack sex education and health education.
   Because I only have seen one kind of condoms in US and back in China, can I supposed that the condoms putted on me is the one which is safe? I have no idea what unsafe condoms is like.I only know the condoms putted on me all feels the same kind of stretchy and smooth.
   so is it ok?in other words,am I safe still?     

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 03:47:38 pm »
Shan,

When a condom breaks, it's obvious.

If you cannot bring yourself to believe us when we tell you that you had no risk, go test, collect your negative result and move on with your life.

As a sexually active adult, you should be testing for hiv and all the other STIs as well at least once a year anyway.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline shanjiang

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 04:08:49 pm »
I already did a test last month around June 9th,but I had 3 encounters,that happened on May 30,June 5 and June 25th.although it came back negative,but it can rarely mean anything.
I mean because all the thing happened in the dark,and I had an itching sometimes painful when rubbing it (but definitely not bleeding )and red spot in my ass at that time(now it's gone),and not sure about the hygienic condition of her mouth,I have seen you guys mentioned meth mouth,that stress me out,because I am not sure if she had.
And for the condoms,I just don't know if they have used the right condoms.because I don't know what kind of condoms is not right,but I've seen you guys mentioned somewhere.how they differ from latex condoms? can they be rolled up?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 04:17:16 pm »
Shang,

YOU DID NOT HAVE A RISK FOR HIV INFECTION. Therefore, you are conclusively hiv negative.

You do NOT have hiv.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline shanjiang

• Standard
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 12:10:26 pm »
I understand ,but since I just subscribed for 7 days and I only have one last question.
let alone the undetected quality that have been using in here, a small city in China, is it possible for me that I've been putted on a natural skin condom without noticing.
I promise this is my last question,
thanks ,Ann

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 12:48:30 pm »
Shan,

If a natural skin condom was used, you would have noticed. They're very different to latex or polyurethane condoms. Besides, they are very expensive and hard to find, therefore they are NOT used by sex workers.

Keep going on about this NO RISK situation and you WILL be given a time out. The rules apply whether or not you have taken out a subscription.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline shanjiang

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 09:06:18 am »
one thing just jumped into my mind.I remembered I got licked on my nipple by a sexworker few weeks ago,do you guys consider it a risk for hiv?
thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 09:16:07 am »
Shan,

For the last time, in adults, hiv is transmitted through:

Unprotected anal intercourse.

Unprotected vaginal intercourse.

Sharing drug injecting equipment.

AND THAT'S IT.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2013, 09:18:31 am »
The ONLY confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. That's it.

You need to let go of this situation and move on with your life. Your only risk at the moment is for getting a Time Out for returning repeatedly without any valid basis for concern about HIV.

Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.