Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:17:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 225
Total: 226

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Worried to dead. Please help!!! Wife pregnant!!  (Read 24521 times)

Offline deepblue

Worried to dead. Please help!!! Wife pregnant!!
« on: September 10, 2006, 08:30:48 am »
I am luck enough to find this website which I can get some help.  Thanks all for the great work!

Sorry about my ugly English as I am not a native English speaker.  Hopefully you guys understand what I am talking about.  Please feel free to ask questions if you need some clarification.

Here is the situation:

My wife is pregnant and the baby is due at end of Oct.  I made a biggest mistake in my like that I had unprotected insertive oral sex and protected vaginal sex with a sex work at Aug. 1 in a biz trip.   I deeply kissed my wife the next day after I backed home.   One week later (7 days) my wife developed flu like symptoms headache, snuffling, nausea, muscle ache and feeling tired. All gone after 5 days.  Started from week 2 (Aug. 15) both of us had bad mouth ulcer.  I had two swollen lymph nodes under my jaw.  Around week 4 (Aug 28), I started to have muscle ache, the ache moved from my arms to legs and to my neck and joints.  I only lasted about 10 seconds in one place and moved on.  During this period of time, I had sore throat, one day I even waked up by the sore throat.  I also felt tired. The symptoms went away after one and half weeks.  This freaked me out as I know the HIV symptoms all comes and goes all at once.  This is exactly what I have.  Yesterday I felt better physically but my mind just thinking about I may just get HIV from my one stupid action. 

I am going to take a six week HIV test tomorrow but I am so sure I will get a positive result based on what I feel and the symptoms I have. 

One thing I could not accept and will shoot myself dead is I could have transmitted HIV to my wife and my baby by KISSING. 

I know a 12/13 weeks test has to  be done to be conclusive but I need allow sometime to treat my wife if she got infected to prevent from infecting my baby. 

Could someone here give me some suggestions what should I do now? Please.....

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Worried to dead. Please help!!! Wife pregnant!!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 08:38:15 am »
My wife is pregnant and the baby is due at end of Oct.  I made a biggest mistake in my like that I had unprotected insertive oral sex and protected vaginal sex with a sex work at Aug. 1 in a biz trip.   I deeply kissed my wife the next day after I backed home.

Blue,

You cannot catch HIV from having someone perform oral sex on you. Since you had protected vaginal sex you don't have to worry about HIV from that either. Your wife and unborn child are not at risk of catching HIV from you. You don't have HIV and anyway HIV is not transmitted through kissing.

Please read our Welcome Thread to learn how HIV is and is not transmitted.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 08:58:34 am »
Stop self-diagnosing. It's bad for your health.

It's very good that you are having a six week test tomorrow. Not because you were at risk for HIV, because you weren't. Condoms provide very effective protection against HIV and there's never been a documented case of transmission via kissing or getting a blow job. You aren't going to make history by becoming the first.

Of course I expect you to test negative despite all your fears and symptoms and your wife's symptoms and etc. etc.

This is all about guilt. You need to stop torturing yourself about this incident. You're a dog like the rest of us and you went straying. You can't undo that. So take a good deep breath and let it go. Guilt is poisonous in a relationship so the best thing you can do for all concerned is just get on with your life.

By the way, the average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure. So when you collect the inevitable negative result at 6 weeks you have the next best thing to a gold seal. Given your current state of mind about this your mind may continue working overtime with nonsense about being infected. In which case re-test at 13 weeks and collect another negative result.

This is not an HIV situation. It's about guilt and not HIV.

No kidding.

Cheers,   
Andy Velez

Offline deepblue

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 09:03:26 am »
Thanks Matty for the reply.  I indeed read the welcome thread and understand oral sex has none or negligible risk for HIV.  But I just could not understand the reason of my symptoms and it perfectly matches the time.  I know anxiety or worry could cause it but how come it just went away while I am still worrying...

BTW, I just want to add that I also felt pain under my arms and behind my ear.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 09:05:39 am »
Blue,

Andy has hit the nail on the head. You're overcome with guilt. You believe that you should be punished for what you've done and, like many people, you've decided that AIDS is the appropriate penalty.

AIDS is not a punishment for wrong-doing. It's just a disease. And you don't have it my friend. We can't help you with your guilt, but we can assure you that this is not an HIV situation.

Symptoms mean nothing when it comes to diagnosing HIV, by the way.

MtD

Offline deepblue

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 09:06:56 am »
Another thing I want to mention is that I am going to level to my wife about this issue as soon as I get my six week test result.  My wife told me I was wild these days to exam her whole body ten times a day...

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 09:09:04 am »
Well, best of luck with the confession.

I would say that the biggest threat to your health at the moment is an enraged partner, not HIV.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 10:32:08 am »
Obviously it is your decision to make. Remember, disclosing is something you can't unsay later.

Think for a moment if you are doing it just to indulge yourself dump the feelings you are uncomfortable with OR if it is really with the intention of strenthening your marriage AND you are prepared to live with whatever the consequences.
Andy Velez

Offline deepblue

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 11:19:27 am »
Thanks Andy for the comments.  I will think again carefully before doing this...

I agree with you and I push hard to believe guilty and anxiety could be the reason of my symptoms.  I just regret very very much for doing this stupid thing and put myself and family on this kind of risk.  Those symptoms just freaked me out.  I keep counting days to have my six week test done.  I guess only the negative result could release my mind.  I am hoping I could have those muscle ache again but it just wont happen... 

In this forum, everyone says that receiving blowjob is not a risk for HIV, but I called several clinic and I was told "low risk, but not non risk.  Come get tested..."

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 11:51:05 am »
I just regret very very much for doing this stupid thing and put myself and family on this kind of risk.

Blue,

You can call your actions stupid if you want, but I'm not going to let you call them a risk of hiv infection. Nothing you did put you at risk of infection. Stress out and test all you like, but that isn't going to change transmission facts.

Fact - getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv infection.

Fact - condoms prevent hiv transmission and infection.

You did not have a risk of hiv infection.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline deepblue

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2006, 01:01:45 pm »
Thank you ALL for the reply.  It really made me feel much better. 

Just one more question:  Is it ok not to do the test based on my explosure (unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex) with a sex worker?

I am kind worry WHAT IF I got a positive result....

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2006, 01:11:59 pm »
You won't get a positive result if you used a condom.

Offline deepblue

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2006, 01:27:40 pm »
I will be back to declare my negative report.

Offline deepblue

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2006, 10:35:52 pm »
Sorry again I have couple new questions before I go to test tomorrow.

1.  Do you think my wife need to take the HIV test?  We only have deep kiss after my explosure. 

2.  Could anxiety/worry cause the symptoms I had (such as sore throat, tringle or ache in legs/arms/feet/behind ear, mouth ulcer)?  I am kind belive this as I recall that the ache feel like come from the nerves but not from the muscle.

3.  Finally I just want to reconfirm that I do NOT have HIV risk for unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex. right?

Best regards.

Offline deepblue

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 07:39:26 am »
Can anyone answer my questions please please...  I guess I am just too chicken to have a test.  But what about my wife?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 08:04:55 am »
Deep,

If you've had no risk for HIV infection and your wife has only been having unprotected sex with you, it follows that she doesn't need to test for HIV.

MtD

Offline deepblue

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 02:17:10 pm »
Delet
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 07:50:47 pm by deepblue »

Offline deepblue

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 11:19:49 pm »
I am sorry I guess everyone here lost patient on me because of my previous post.  I apology...

I just learned from another site that"if there are ARS symptoms, most of time will come with fever".  Is it a correct statement? 

I am asking because I have muscle ache, sore throat but have not had any fever.  It that's true, then it will a good sign for me...

I appreciate if anyone can answer this question.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 11:23:55 pm »
Deep,

I'm going to tell you this ONE LAST TIME. If you choose not to listen, then tough titties my friend, because I'm not going to say it again.

You can't catch HIV from receiving a blowjob.
You can't catch HIV from kissing.
You weren't at risk of catching HIV.
Symptoms mean nothing when it comes to diagnosing HIV.

Do you understand me? I hope so because

This conversation is over.

MtD

Offline deepblue

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2006, 11:46:56 pm »
Thank you Matty! I got it...  Don't be mad on me.  ;)  I am just think too much.  I should have been painting my baby's room at this moment...

Offline deepblue

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2006, 02:49:58 am »
Sorry Ann, Andy and Matty;

I waked up in the 2:50AM and worrying about my situation.  Just today I realized what is the geographic tongue.  I check my tongue and it start to have some red sore on it few weeks back.  I am scared.  I am not come here to cause problems.  Just feel longly, no hope.   Can anyone tell me that could geographic tongue happens on none HIV infection person please....

Offline deepblue

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2006, 03:02:26 am »
Please please delet my previous post regarding I am going to be the first document case.  I do NOT want to be...

Offline Ineedhelp

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 03:27:03 am »
Sorry: delete Post
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 03:56:44 am by Ineedhelp »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 03:46:01 am »
Ineedhelp, please keep all of your thoughts and questions in your own thread. 

Offline deepblue

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2006, 10:03:10 am »
It's me again.  I got some good news this morning that my 4 weeks test are "-" !!!!

I did not mention it before as I think I am going to test th 6 week milestone any way.

Now, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Can anyone tell me the accuracy for the 4 weeks result?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 10:20:29 am »
It's very accurate for someone who wasn't at any risk to begin with. I am not going into further details about timing on tests because it's not relevant for you.

You weren't at risk no matter how you carry on about this incident. Period.

Keep testing all you want. It's a waste of $ and resources. This is not an HIV situation. No kidding.
Andy Velez

Offline deepblue

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2006, 10:30:04 am »
Thank you Andy!  Very encouraging...

I have been up all night worrying about the test result.  It took 2.5 weeks to get the result and normally it only take 1-2 week.  You know WW people always think negatively.   ;D

Offline deepblue

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2006, 12:52:37 pm »
Guys,  Although I got a  Are you still so confident that I will get a negative result for my 6 week test? 

I had the following symptoms between week5 and week6. 

1.  sore throat.   Start with scratchy throat and then sore throat for 2 days. 

2.  Muscle ache/tingling around the body (arms, legs, feet, shouder, lower back, hip, chest and back of my ears)  It's moving from one place to another. Not happening all day.  It just last few seconds here and there.

3.  3 red flat unitchy rash.  On at the waist and two in the groin  area.  It similar to the eczema I had before and went away in 2 days after medicine. 

4.  Two swell lymph under my jaw.  Pain when I touch them. 

5.  stiff arms and legs for 2 days. 

6.  Possible geographic tongue or strep throat (I'll have my dentist to check it out next Monday).  It was breakout at first day week7.  I think it could contributed by the stress after reading the false positive alarm from the Lovelife guy in this forum.  I still see the rash on the tongue.  And feel something in my throat.

Symptoms 1-3 has gone since week 6 and never come back. 

Also I have two specific question to ask:

1. If ARS rash start, should we see a few of them or 2-3 rash will still be concerned?

2. Based on your experience, do you think my symtoms are a sign of ARS or seroconversion? 

3.  Is keratode skin a symptom for HIV/AIDS?  The sex worker I meet has keratode skin allover her body. She told me it could because she took too many showers everyday. 

I do understand that you only do risk assesment in this website.  But please provide your opinion.   I have a special situation here, my wife is going to deliver the baby by end of Oct.  I am hesitate to take the 6 weeks result when it's available in the next two weeks.  I plan to pick it up after by baby was born.  As I dont want to crash before that and impact my wife/baby.

Again,  my sex explosure is insertive unprotected oral and protected vaginal intercourse and then a very brife insertive unprotected oral.

This is the only sex explosure I have this year since my wife's preganency at Jan.

Thank you so much to take your time read and reply my questions!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2006, 12:56:05 pm »
Deep,

What have we told you about symptoms?

MtD

Offline deepblue

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2006, 01:14:22 pm »
Hi Mdt,

I understand I was told "Symptoms mean nothing when it comes to diagnosing HIV."  Just could not understand what else could cause the symptoms I had and what a coincident if it is somether other than HIV.

So can you say I have ZERO risk in term of HIV infection for the sex explosure I descripted?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2006, 03:16:35 pm »
blue, your question has already been answered several times. Please re-read your thread.

Offline deepblue

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2006, 07:44:26 am »
I decided not to pick up my six weeks result as I know I will crash if I got a "+".  I could not give me a reason for all the symptoms in week 5.  My wife and the unborn baby need me at this special period of time.  I will check it out two month later. 

I must be REALLY unlucky as this is the only sex I have since wife preganent. 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2006, 08:18:30 am »
You can drop the drama, you didn't have a risk...PERIOD

Offline deepblue

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2006, 08:39:12 am »
Thank you Rod and all the people reply to my thread.  I know you guys must lose patient on me by keeping telling me the same thing (I did not have a risk by receving a blowjob and pretected vaginal sex).  and I am keep acting nuts. 

I read your reply everyday many times and it will ease my mind for a while. and then when I get into bed I start worry about my symptoms.  The dam symptoms!

I guess I will have to get some mental health help. 

Sorry I have been so bothersome and thanks very much everyone to be so helpful. 

In case on day I pick a negative report. I will come back screaming" SYMPTOMS MEAN NOTHING HEN IT COMES TO DIAGNOSING HIV!!!"

Wish me luck!

Offline deepblue

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2006, 05:46:42 pm »
Just back from the dentist office.  The Dr. checked my tongue and said the bumps are just taste buds.  It is not a viral infection.   She also said there is no big deal for my mouth ulcer.  I can not believe this, I never notice those taste buds before last week and I have mouth ulcer for about a month now and she said she does not see a problem.   

Can anyone tell me I am just overreacting for the NONE HIV risk sex exploser?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2006, 07:46:34 pm »
We've already told you that from the beginning. You didn't have a risk.

Offline deepblue

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2006, 09:16:05 pm »
Thanks Rod.  I guess just because I am under too much stress in the last few weeks.  I just hardly change the way I am thinking.  Although you guys tell me all the time "no risk", I am still thinking about the what if I get HIV, and what about my wife and the unborn baby....  Last night, I just waked up by a nightmare about both I and my wife got a positive result.  Very scary!!!!   I have to take sleepaid medicine in the past 7 days. 

BTW, I just back from my family doc.  The mouth swap I did last week shows I do not have strep infection.  Do not know if this is a good news or what.  Another doc. checked my mouth again and said I may have mono?? or m..sth infection (did not catch what is that).  They gave me Zithromax (6 tabs).  for the infection.  Anyone know what is this for?

Thank you everyone to be so supportive during the hardest time in my life!!!

Offline deepblue

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2006, 09:37:42 pm »
Did some research on the internet. 

It must be mononucleosis infection.  Start to worry as I know ARS symptoms is just like mononucleosis infection.  I guess the diffrence is ARS will go away in 2-3 weeks.  But mononucleosis will stay longer if not treated, right? The lymph nodes under my jaw has been there for about 6 weeks now.  Sometimes pain sometimes not.  Sometimes become hard to feel..

I hope I just get a mono infection that simple, this will explain the swell nodes.

Offline deepblue

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2006, 02:23:04 pm »
After reading the encouraging words in the thread ten times, I went to the clinic hoping for a negative result.  But, I was told the mail was delayed and I have to come back next week.  Again!!!  Panic start...

I developed a bad cough last night.  I guess it was caused by the dose I took before went to bed. 

Today is the first day of week 8 of my exploser.  Is there anything I need to worry about the cough?

Have a good day everyone!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2006, 03:51:42 pm »
If you can afford having the internet then you can afford to go to the doctor. Quit playing doctor on yourself. You didn't have a risk for HIV and now you're wanting to play a guessing game. It's time to stop.

Offline deepblue

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2006, 10:11:54 pm »
I leveled with my wife today as I could not cope the fear of being infected any more.

My wife was surprisingly calm and supportive.  She said I should have told her long time ago and urged me to stop surfing internet and checking my swollen lymph nodes.  Actually she has already suspected something happened to me as I have been so wired these days.  We have not decide the name for our unborn baby yet...  She told me she will go with me to take the test result whenever I am ready. 

We went to see a Dr. and took a HIV test for her just to be on the safe side.  Although the Dr. almost refused to do the test.

I think the chance I get infected by my low to no risk exposure is similar this win the highest lottery in on ticket.   I bought one today and I've never been so happy that I did not win anything.

I showed my wife this forum and all your reply regarding my issue.  She is now sitting beside me and would like to take this chance to say Thank you Andy, Thank you Ann, Thank you Mtd and Thank you RapidRod for being so supportive during my hardest time in my life!

We decide to donate some money to the local AIDS organization and will do volunteer there if possible. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2006, 06:02:09 am »
Blue,

It sounds like you have a very caring and supportive wife - treat her well, and good luck with the baby.

And remember, you did NOT have a risk of hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline deepblue

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2006, 10:05:47 pm »
Thank you Ann for the reassuring. 

It just take time for me to get over the fear from reading those scary information from other websites.  Some Dr. even said they know clients getting HIV from receiving blowjob. 

Also I won't worry too much if I did not have those symptoms although I have been told again and again "symptoms mean nothing"...

I am sorry to be so paranoid but I am sure I will get on life finally.  I know the negative result is inevitable from your view.

Wish me luck!

Cheers,

DB

Offline deepblue

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2006, 11:23:37 am »
Enough is enough!  I am not allow my soul controlled by the fear of the non risk exposure. 
I am going to pick up my 6 weeks result this afternoon with my wife.

wish me luck!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2006, 12:04:10 pm »
blue,

Luck? What do you need luck for? You didn't have a risk of infection. I'd say you've already got plenty of luck - you're lucky to have such an understanding wife and lucky to have a healthy family. Go count and enjoy your blessings and stop fretting about this no risk encounter before your wife loses patience with you.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline deepblue

« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2006, 01:33:27 pm »
YOU ARE RIGHT!!!

SYMPTOMS MEAN NOTHING WHEN IT COMES TO DIAGNOSING HIV!!!

My test result is NEGATIVE!!!

Thank you very very much Ann, Andy, Mtd and Rod!!!!

You are wonderful people, keep up the good work.

God bless you!

BTW, I talked to the manager of the HIV/AIDS support center, I will do volunteer job twice a week there. 

Blue and wife Nancy

Offline deepblue

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2006, 06:25:48 pm »
Now I am really really worried.   

We picked up my wife's 6.5 weeks result and it is INCONCLUSIVE.   So please help me understand what's going on here.  All we had was KISSING.

The test done are:

Test                                         Result
HIV 1/2 Screen MEIA                  Reactive
HIV 1/2 Supplemnetal EIA           Non Reactive
HIV 1 Western Blot                     Non Reactive
HIV 1 P24 Antigen Screen           Non Reactive

I understand that a positive need to be confirmed by western blot test.  But it looks like western blot is only for HIV 1 but not for HIV 2.   So is it possible I transfer the HIV 2 to my wife by kissing?
Don't know how reilable my 6 weeks negative result.

Please answer my questions.

Offline deepblue

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2006, 06:27:33 pm »
The Dr. told us dont worry.   It happens on pregnant women.  Is it ture.  Have you seen this before?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2006, 06:41:40 pm »
Blue,

Yes, pregnancy can cause false positives. Your wife is hiv negative, as shown by her negative Western Blot.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline deepblue

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2006, 07:01:16 pm »
Hi Ann,

The problem is WB test is for HIV 1 only.  Is it possible my wife got HIV 2 and the WB did not detect it?

Thanks for your reply.

Blue

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.