Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Flu Season At Full Throttle Earlier This Round...

<< < (2/11) > >>

J.R.E.:

The flu is full force down here in central Florida:

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/1/1/record_number_of_flu.html

Ray

phildinftlaudy:
Mine hit me with chills on Wednesday, December 12th - went to work and was immediately sent home.....
By that evening fever was at 102.8 and held steady there for the next 36 hours..
I was laid out on Thursday - couldn't even get out of bed until 6 in the evening
By Friday - I thought it was clearing but then round 2 hit...
I didn't start getting functional until Sunday (12/16), but held on to the chest cough until just about a week ago...
I still have an intermittant cough - but not nearly as bad as I was in mid-December.

Doc said this year's flu is a tough bug and most strains she is seeing are not part of the vaccine being given... although she still highly recommends being vaccinated.

Jeff G:
I have been trying to dodge the flu bullet . Every single person in my family and circle of friends has had the flu ... I'm afraid by writing this I may jinx myself LOL . The flu seems to be a full on pandemic here in Alabama and I still have family that refuse the flu shot . I wish doctors would be more vocal about quashing the ridiculous notion you can get the flu from the flu shot . I know people are still getting the flu that had the shot but still , it drives my batty when people refuse the flu shot .     

I had to go to the pharmacy yesterday to update my account and almost ran out of there screaming because of the hacking and coughing and nose blowing that was going on .

Miss Philicia:
I bet 2016: Obama's America was a big hit down there -- why the hell would they get a flu shot?

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on January 04, 2013, 10:22:44 am ---I bet 2016: Obama's America was a big hit down there -- why the hell would they get a flu shot?

--- End quote ---

I haven't seen Obama's America so I cant comment on that . Lots of people think you can get the flu from the flu shot , I'm sure lots of people all over the world still believe the myth .   

Here is another example of why people think they should get a pass on the flu shot .  http://news.yahoo.com/nurses-fired-refusing-flu-shot-224637902--abc-news-health.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version