Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 05:52:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772996
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 165
Total: 166

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: HIV+, Pregnant, New Meds - Throwing Up?  (Read 4399 times)

Offline engineergirl

• What?
HIV+, Pregnant, New Meds - Throwing Up?
« on: August 02, 2012, 01:25:58 pm »
Hi everyone.. it's me.  Amanda.

I'm in and out over the years with questions here and there.  Thanks for always having some sort of answer, definitely keeps me coming back when I don't know who to ask.

I'm pregnant... many of you might remember that this was a planned pregnancy as I was planning for a long time but finally jumped in the water and did it.

I'm currently 17 weeks pregnant.  When I became pregnant I changed my medications from Truvada/Isentress to Kaletra/Combivir. 

The last twelve weeks have been hell in the morning sickness sector and many days, more than three times a week, my medications are coming up... not long after they go down.  I'm concerned that I am not getting enough HIV meds.  Some days I see the meds in the toilet/trash/sink and wonder if I should take another... but I don't have enough to do that regularly.  I have an appt. on 8/6 for lab work and a follow-up with Dr. HIV on 8/14. So I guess we will see... but man I miss my old combination.

Anyway, thanks for listening.
amanda j.
Currently 28 weeks pregnant with a little boy...

Offline emeraldize

Re: HIV+, Pregnant, New Meds - Throwing Up?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 03:30:40 pm »
Hey Amanda,

Congrats! 

What I would do, even before the visit, is call your doc's office and ask if you could take an anti-nausea med that is pregnancy friendly. Ask them to prescribe something if it exists. I don't know for example if compazine is preg-friendly.

Another option is to speak with your pharmacist. Your concerns are important.
I would never wait for a visit -- but that's me. If I'm puking now, I want some input now.

This is really great news, by the way.
Em

Edited to add: Found this -- has some info you might use in conversation w/pharmacist http://www.babycenter.com/404_are-there-safe-medications-for-morning-sickness_1366869.bc
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 03:32:58 pm by emeraldize »

Offline engineergirl

• What?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 03:44:26 pm »
Thanks for your insight.. I'm taking Zofran for nausea, but it's not helping too much.
amanda j.

Offline engineergirl

• What?
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 01:17:37 pm »
Had my appointment today with the OBGYN and then over to get my labs drawn at the HIV docs place...

I'm down another few pounds.  In May, I weighed 175 lbs and now I am down to 163 lbs. (not complaining much... I'm pretty athletic and active). Not much but should be gaining.  OBGYN said I should start gaining over next four to six weeks and if I'm still not gaining by then, we will need to look into it more.  Had my Cd4 and VL drawn today too. 

She said I can take the Immodium every day and to keep hydrated.

Blagh...

amanda j.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.