Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:52:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 607
Total: 607

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Ford! 01/11  (Read 9864 times)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
Happy Birthday Ford! 01/11
« on: January 09, 2007, 02:35:36 pm »
Forum hottie, Halloween costume creator extraordinaire, and all around nice guy Ford (GSOGymrat) has a birthday on Thursday!  He will be 41, I believe....

Dear Ford,

You are a very kind and loving man, and a true gentleman.   I wish you a very happy birthday this year, and pray that you celebrate many many more birthdays with us.

Love,

Alan

"Today I celebrate all that is good in my life, and give thanks for being alive."
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline skeebo1969

Re: Happy Birthday Ford! 01/11
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 03:00:07 pm »

Happy Birthday Ford :) :) :)

I think we have enough Capricorns to form a football team!  Now, no fighting over who will play Quarterback, Wide Receiver, or Tightend!

I hope your Bday is a great one Ford!

Thomas
  (Who nominates himself as the kicker)
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 03:02:24 pm »
Happy Birthday to Mr. Forum's Physical Fitness God.  Did I say GOD?  ;D Best, Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 03:03:16 pm »
Happy birthday, Ford, and may there be many more to follow!

I knew I really liked you when I read your entries in the AbFab quotes thread -- "chucking fetuses down a catwalk" is  one of my most favorite lines.

Hope you have a great day and night!

Boo
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline Javicho

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 03:21:58 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FORD!!!  :-*

J.

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 03:30:44 pm »
Hmmm...what to get a man who has everything...Okay...

YOU GET ME!!!  :-* :-* :-*

I will be arriving in the mail soon!! I have a great BIG BOW!!

Happy Birthday Ford!! Hope you have a great day!!

XXOO
Jeromy
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 04:22:27 pm »
Hippo Birdie, Two Ewes
Hippo Birdie, Two Ewes
Hippo Birdie Hippo Birdie
Hippo Birdie, Two Ewes.

:-* Jay
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 04:28:33 pm »
I'm in Winston Salem. I would be proud to share a table with you anytime. I hope you have a lovely Birthday. I wish you so many more.
Kisses
          Lisa ::)
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 05:05:46 pm »
Have a great one, Ford. And many, many more!
Andy Velez

Offline Longislander

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 05:08:28 pm »
Happy Birthday Ford!  I'm think we need a striptease from you, um ... I mean a stripper for your birthday!?
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 05:15:07 pm »
Happy Birthday, Ford!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline cubbybear

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 05:18:59 pm »
Happy birthday Ford, ya sexy bugger.

Offline Nadine

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 05:45:51 pm »
Ford, I hope you have a wonderful day!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 06:10:34 pm »
Have a Happy Birthday and many, many more to come.

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 06:14:06 pm »
I'm in Winston Salem. I would be proud to share a table with you anytime. I hope you have a lovely Birthday. I wish you so many more.
Kisses
          Lisa ::)

hey I am in Charlotte!! I would love to drive up and see you sometime!!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 06:18:46 pm »
Happy Birthday STUD!

Capricorn Characteristics
The Sea-Goat is a mythological figure symbolizing the dual nature of Capricorn. It alludes to the evolution of spirit from the sea of the collective unconscious to physical materialization and embodiment on earth. If they've retained the sympathetic nature of their fish-self, they'll eventually rise to serve humanity. But a duality of choices offers them the option of scaling the mountain to gain control over those below for selfish, personal ends. However, Capricorn represents the father figure, and unless they've been severely wounded by their own father, they probably have the welfare of the community or family at heart. They enjoy regulating and managing others' affairs and take pride in providing for, directing and protecting others.
Capricorns strive to be in control of their life and use it as a selling point to manage or master others. Constantly aware of their actions, they present a public image of confidence, poise and virtuosity. They may cut loose occasionally, but only behind closed doors. They're practical, serious and methodical with a cautious, careful attitude, because taking chances makes them unsteady and insecure. Unfounded fears, impatience or an insatiable appetite for power could bring out their unsympathetic, dictatorial, opportunistic side.

Love & Feelings
Capricorns present an appearance of dignity and protect themselves from the emotional pain of criticism by maintaining their distance and keeping their own counsel. When they're sure of a person's approval, they'll drop their guard and be very witty, dispensing humor with a provocative edge.
They enjoy entertaining on a grand scale and prefer cultivating relationships with people of high social standing who will boost their prestige. They desire a down-to-earth type who's reliable, compassionate, loyal, patient, trustworthy, industrious and shares their material ambitions and love of social status.
Capricorns might meet their type at banks, jewelry stores, florists, art galleries, music events, fine carpet stores, cattle farms, coral reefs, cultural centers, piano stores, sculpture gardens, treasuries and among singers.

Sexual Behaviors & Performance
Sexually, Capricorns tend to be bottoms.
Tops Capricorns
Sex evokes the best they can offer. They are planners and schemers. They prefer partners that know what Capricorns enjoy and expect them to be willing and ready whenever they want to. Top Capricorns have the endurance of marathon runners. During sex they will hold off until their partner is ready to scream. Their sexual positions: Anything anal, for they love to give and receive anal pleasure.
Bottom Capricorns
They don’t need much foreplay they can go from zero to WOW in nothing flat. They are not interested in exotic variation, only in staying power. Since they like to dominate, they like to be with their legs on each side of their partner to set a rhythm and please themselves. Once into the rhythm, sex becomes a wild contest with orgasm being the prize. Bottom Capricorns are most great sex mates for multiple orgasms. They definitely enjoy screming and straching.

Health Characteristics
Capricorn's most vulnerable areas are the skin, teeth, knees, bones, joints, nerves and digestive system.
Capricorns could suffer from all the ills that commonly afflict these areas, but the mind is probably the culprit behind dysfunctions. To test this theory, Capricorns should try to get through a day without a worry. Adding other negative mental states like despondency, depression, discontent and nervousness, could do some major damage. Instead, choosing to take deep stress-releasing breaths, develop faith, incorporate cheer, embrace self-love and build self-confidence on a daily basis until it becomes a natural part of existence.
Capricorns should periodically treat themselves to a vacation in a warm climate in the most lush atmosphere they can afford.

In The Work Place
Capricorns may encounter delays and problems along their career or business route, but they're part of the journey, not the destination. They should be persistent and flexible, and seek positions that offer opportunities for self-expression and mobility.
Capricorns should consider working in writing, communications, primary education, transportation, sales or a secretarial position. Their shrewd mind and talents for organization, administration and management make them an ideal candidate for corporate executives or political positions, but they may gravitate towards the arts, specializing in design, painting, sculpture, music composition or poetry. Capricorns could successfully run a business in the fashion, beauty, art or entertainment

Happy Happy!
Jeff

Offline Teresa

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 06:46:32 pm »

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 07:02:53 pm »
Happy Birthday STUD!

Capricorn Characteristics
The Sea-Goat is a mythological figure symbolizing the dual nature of Capricorn. It alludes to the evolution of spirit from the sea of the collective unconscious to physical materialization and embodiment on earth. If they've retained the sympathetic nature of their fish-self, they'll eventually rise to serve humanity. But a duality of choices offers them the option of scaling the mountain to gain control over those below for selfish, personal ends. However, Capricorn represents the father figure, and unless they've been severely wounded by their own father, they probably have the welfare of the community or family at heart. They enjoy regulating and managing others' affairs and take pride in providing for, directing and protecting others.
Capricorns strive to be in control of their life and use it as a selling point to manage or master others. Constantly aware of their actions, they present a public image of confidence, poise and virtuosity. They may cut loose occasionally, but only behind closed doors. They're practical, serious and methodical with a cautious, careful attitude, because taking chances makes them unsteady and insecure. Unfounded fears, impatience or an insatiable appetite for power could bring out their unsympathetic, dictatorial, opportunistic side.

Love & Feelings
Capricorns present an appearance of dignity and protect themselves from the emotional pain of criticism by maintaining their distance and keeping their own counsel. When they're sure of a person's approval, they'll drop their guard and be very witty, dispensing humor with a provocative edge.
They enjoy entertaining on a grand scale and prefer cultivating relationships with people of high social standing who will boost their prestige. They desire a down-to-earth type who's reliable, compassionate, loyal, patient, trustworthy, industrious and shares their material ambitions and love of social status.
Capricorns might meet their type at banks, jewelry stores, florists, art galleries, music events, fine carpet stores, cattle farms, coral reefs, cultural centers, piano stores, sculpture gardens, treasuries and among singers.

Sexual Behaviors & Performance
Sexually, Capricorns tend to be bottoms.
Tops Capricorns
Sex evokes the best they can offer. They are planners and schemers. They prefer partners that know what Capricorns enjoy and expect them to be willing and ready whenever they want to. Top Capricorns have the endurance of marathon runners. During sex they will hold off until their partner is ready to scream. Their sexual positions: Anything anal, for they love to give and receive anal pleasure.
Bottom Capricorns
They don’t need much foreplay they can go from zero to WOW in nothing flat. They are not interested in exotic variation, only in staying power. Since they like to dominate, they like to be with their legs on each side of their partner to set a rhythm and please themselves. Once into the rhythm, sex becomes a wild contest with orgasm being the prize. Bottom Capricorns are most great sex mates for multiple orgasms. They definitely enjoy screming and straching.

Health Characteristics
Capricorn's most vulnerable areas are the skin, teeth, knees, bones, joints, nerves and digestive system.
Capricorns could suffer from all the ills that commonly afflict these areas, but the mind is probably the culprit behind dysfunctions. To test this theory, Capricorns should try to get through a day without a worry. Adding other negative mental states like despondency, depression, discontent and nervousness, could do some major damage. Instead, choosing to take deep stress-releasing breaths, develop faith, incorporate cheer, embrace self-love and build self-confidence on a daily basis until it becomes a natural part of existence.
Capricorns should periodically treat themselves to a vacation in a warm climate in the most lush atmosphere they can afford.

In The Work Place
Capricorns may encounter delays and problems along their career or business route, but they're part of the journey, not the destination. They should be persistent and flexible, and seek positions that offer opportunities for self-expression and mobility.
Capricorns should consider working in writing, communications, primary education, transportation, sales or a secretarial position. Their shrewd mind and talents for organization, administration and management make them an ideal candidate for corporate executives or political positions, but they may gravitate towards the arts, specializing in design, painting, sculpture, music composition or poetry. Capricorns could successfully run a business in the fashion, beauty, art or entertainment

Happy Happy!
Jeff

HA!! FORD'S A GOAT!! I am the always graceful and yet appropriately so...THE RAM!!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 07:04:15 pm »
Happy Birthday. Hope you have a great one and many, many more.  Cristy

Offline Catman

• Blessed with more than 9 lives! + since 1986
    • Who is the Catman?
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 07:45:09 pm »
Birthday Wishes from the Carribean! Feliz Cumpleaños, mi amigo! ;D
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end
of this dreadful disease...

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 07:59:01 pm »
Hi ford

I hope you have the best day...Happy birthday, and with many more to come

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 10:41:02 pm »
Dear Ford,

your present is in quarrantine, and seems to keep poking through the packaging.

:)

Offline Eldon

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2007, 11:41:20 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2007, 01:24:15 am »
Hey Ford!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
A toast to many, many more!

Oh boy, there have been so many birthdays this month, my hand is aching, but . . .

You're still going to get your Birthday Swats!  8) ;)

BIG HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2007, 01:56:15 am »
Happy Birthday Ford. I hope you have a beautiful day..
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2007, 02:57:46 am »
Happy Birthday Ford!

Take care buddy, good luck with your BB (and keep those pics coming)!

John

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2007, 07:27:29 am »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY,  Ford  :o

Lordy lordy Ford is over forty
HoHoHo!!!  You're still a youngman in my eyes

Wishing you many more good buddy :-*
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Jody

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2007, 09:33:40 pm »
Happy birthday Ford !!!

Jody  :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2007, 02:26:00 am »
Hello everyone,

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes. I don't think I have ever had so many people wish me a happy birthday. To show my appreciation I would like to come to your homes and make love to each and every one of you! But, alas, when your as old as I am the spirit is willing but the flesh is not.

Seriously though, I really appreciate all the folks here and I thank you all for making my birthday special.

Ford
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 04:30:51 am by GSOgymrat »

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2007, 05:16:20 am »
Happy Birthday, Ford!

(From one goat-headed fish tail to another.)

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2007, 07:50:56 am »
Hey Ford,

Wishing you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY ...  And many more. Have a great day !!

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2007, 08:24:05 am »
HEY FORD, ;D

I HOPE YOU HAVE THE GREATEST BIRTHDAY!!!

Peace,
Kelly

POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2007, 09:26:45 am »
To show my appreciation I would like to come to your homes and make love to each and every one of you!
Ford

I live in the same state!! Me first!!!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline carousel

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2007, 09:35:10 am »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 10:22:54 am by carousel »

Offline Longislander

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2007, 11:31:41 pm »
No offense Jeromy, but Ford, I think it's best to start out at the tip of Long Island (Oh my, what a pun THAT was!) and work your way back home!!  ;)

Happy Birthday (again)
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline Christine

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2007, 03:35:39 pm »
Happy Birthday to you!!

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Poz Brit

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2007, 03:48:52 am »
Many Happy returns for the day Ford

John(UK)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.