Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:35:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 377
Total: 377

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: "Asymptomatic" But Drained  (Read 9688 times)

Offline Basquo

"Asymptomatic" But Drained
« on: October 05, 2007, 10:37:49 pm »
I don’t want to hijack my friend Dan’s thread, since this is about me.

Doctors have told me I’m likely a long term non-progressor. Viral loads are low to undetectable, T-cells usually around 700.  Basically asymptomatic, and lucky. Can’t get the official LTNP diagnosis until May 2010. I’ve never taken HAART.

So what’s up with my health problems? Here’s what up:

Irritable Bowel Syndrome—what they tell you when they can’t figure out what’s up with your butt.  I think it was caused by eating 2 meals a day at the hospital cafeteria for 5 years.  Since I got that diagnosis 2 and a half years ago, I’ve noticed some improvement since I improved my diet, and especially since the colorectal surgeon told me I needed more fiber last December. I’ve been taking Bentyl and Lomotil three times a day since I got the news.  WOO-HOO for opiates!

Anxiety—I avoided all medicines until I was diagnosed, but I’ve been taking Ativan since my diagnosis.  Not everyday, but 3-4 days a week.  It’s nice to know it’s there.

Fatigue—this is the biggest thing right now.  The last thing I want to do after sitting in my office for most of the day is sit some more, so I generally stand around my kitchen working on crafts or cooking, only sitting down when it’s time to go online, or jerk off.  For the most part, I’m happy to get things done around the house, but I just feel like I need to be doing something, not chilling out. If I’m idle, the anxiety starts kicking in. But maybe by not relaxing, I'm just pushing myself. If I were to sit on the couch or stretch out on the LaZboy, I'd go to sleep for 3 hours.

I have a boyfriend for whom I care very much, but he lives in a different part of town and has a different work schedule, so we only get to see each other once or twice a week.

I’m quitting smoking in early November, so hopefully that will help me get some energy back, but what else can I do?  I exercise enough, walking all over campus and then doing the brisk cardio walking on Saturday mornings with my BF.  My blood pressure is back to normal in the last 6 months.  Should I try some kind of detox after I quit smoking?  Before?

I’m 41, and besides the above, I have allergies that used to be seasonal but are now affecting me at more frequent intervals.

Do I need to get my testosterone level checked? I’ve no problem performing when called upon, but that’s usually after a 4 mile walk and a good cheeseburger. I chalk that up to endorphins and protein and carbs.

Is HIV causing me to be drained much of the time? Or should I sit down and shut up and quit smoking and bitching?

Any advice?

Offline northernguy

Re: "Asymptomatic" But Drained
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 11:02:13 pm »
Might as well get the testosterone test, to rule that out.  Why not quit smoking now?  That may make a difference.  Might also be allergies, I know they make me tired and that mine have become worse since becoming poz (what's the allergy-HIV relationship anyway?).
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline JR Gabbard

• Union Jacks
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 11:46:28 pm »

I’m 41, and besides the above, I have allergies that used to be seasonal but are now affecting me at more frequent intervals.

Is HIV causing me to be drained much of the time? Or should I sit down and shut up and quit smoking and bitching?

Any advice?

IBS, anxiety, and fatigue are what being over 40 is all about.  Soon to come will be the need for reading glasses, and dropped memories.  Then, Depends.  These are the ways of nature.

Be thankful you are a LTNP candidate.  If/when the virus actually "takes it out" of you, you will know.

And wasn't it Ann Richards who said something like:  I don't mind getting older.  I perfer it to the alternative.

My final bit of advice is Stop Worrying Darling.  Worry causes wrinkles.  You don't want wrinkles on top of everything else, now do you?  Not since the hyperbaric treatment went so well.   ;D

JR
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth,
The minor fall, the major lift,
The baffled king composing Hallelujah!

L. Cohen

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 12:15:18 am »
Hi Creighton.

I really don't think you have too much to worry about.  IBS  could be a problem but it sounds like you're working on that.  And the anxiety?  Well  you've have Ativan to help you with that and your cooking and crafts.  It seems like your anxiety at least has it creative side.

Now, as for the fatigue.  You said yourself, "...If   I were to sit on the couch or stretch out on the LaZboy, I'd go to sleep for 3 hours."  Well, if you were really fatigued, it's not a matter of "if".  Fatigue means coming home from work, regardless if you've been sitting all day or not, and collapsing on the sofa.  You don't have a choice. 

At least that's my experience with fatigue.  And I think it's certainly accerbated with the meds.  HIV is bad  enough.  The meds though put a nice little spin on the virus and manage to zap what the virus misses.

Here's to continued non-progression.

robert
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 12:20:49 am by Robert »

Offline mjmel

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 05:04:49 am »
Creighton,
My thinking was much the same as JRs advice. I am wondering why you don't consider a nap in the recliner for hour or two then continue the rest of the evening perhaps a bit more refreshed than you would be otherwise.
It could be the normal, everyday fatigue of the workday + body fighting virus + body fighting effects of nicotine in lungs and blood + body reacting to allergies.
Success in with nicotine withdrawal in November is pretty much gauranteed if you go with Chantix.  I'd wish you luck but luck has nothing to do with it. Chantix and a desire to want to quit is it.
Mike
(who has learned the smell of making money sometimes stinks)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 08:48:09 am »
Creighton, welcome to the over 40 club!  I don't have IBS and I'm not a LTNP.  I progressed with the HIV rather rapidly after testing positive in 1989.  But, it has been well controlled as of late.  I did quit smoking, and that seems to help a little.  But, I'm also diabetic.  My sugars haven't been under really good control as of late and every time my sugar is high, I get tired.  Other than that, I can tell you that I take a nap every day and it does seem to help.  I think with you it's just natural age progression issues and, hey, think about taking that nap!  It sure isn't going to hurt and you'll probably feel better.  Good luck with the quitting smoking.  Are you going to use anything for it (patches, Chantix etc.)?  I think those are important, although my landlord, who was a two pack a day smoker, said he's been smoke free since July 1 and didn't use anything.  Good luck.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 09:41:55 am »
Fatigue—this is the biggest thing right now.  The last thing I want to do after sitting in my office for most of the day is sit some more, so I generally stand around my kitchen working on crafts or cooking, only sitting down when it’s time to go online, or jerk off.  For the most part, I’m happy to get things done around the house, but I just feel like I need to be doing something, not chilling out. If I’m idle, the anxiety starts kicking in. But maybe by not relaxing, I'm just pushing myself. If I were to sit on the couch or stretch out on the LaZboy, I'd go to sleep for 3 hours.

I have a boyfriend for whom I care very much, but he lives in a different part of town and has a different work schedule, so we only get to see each other once or twice a week.

I’m quitting smoking in early November, so hopefully that will help me get some energy back, but what else can I do?  

Hey honey, have you been tested for anemia? I don't have it (i.e. no one knows why my ass needs a siesta at 1PM  :D)

"60–90% of people with HIV have some degree of anemia at some time during the course of their illness."
Source: http://www.sfaf.org/treatment/beta/b47/b47fatigue.html
(N.B.: Anti-retroviral drug data contained in the above link is not current)

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 11:06:04 am »
Creighton, lots of sage advice so far so I will just be simple.......stop smoking!!!!   walk every day not just one day a week....any job that "requires sitting " for extended periods will exhaust you..If possible get a work desk that will allow you stand or at least use a high stool for most of the day...... do not worry about getting old......consider yourself lucky that you will....

miss seeing you since the SF AMG..

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline bear60

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 11:18:51 am »
Quitting smoking will help with the allergy problems....at least I have had a complete turn around....where I was very sensitive to seasonal allergies and one year after quitting I dont have any ...read NONE.
Fatigue....anxiety...worry...all go hand in hand.  41 is too young to be as fatiqued as you say.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 11:46:39 am »
I think about this from time to time.  How many of my health issues and concerns are related to HIV, and how many are related to me just being a human being (and over 40).   ???

For example, I've been home yesterday and today with a ridiculous sinus infection that's making my head feel like it is going to explode (actually, I wish it would, just for the relief).  I'm pretty sure this stems from recent allergies, and doesn't have anything to do with HIV.  Or does it?  Anyways, here I lay in bed, drinking hot tea and eating spicy foods to cut through the congestion, instead of being at Basquo's garage sale for the Austin poz social group.

Here's another example.  2 years ago, I freaked out because I was seeing floaters in my vision -- nothing huge, just some very small, fleeting grey spots that I never remembered seeing.  So I high-tail it to my opthalmologist (he's a big fag, but that's another story).  After a very thorough examination (not *that* thorough), he simply declares this is no big deal, and not uncommon for people over 40.   >:(

Hope the garage sale is a success, Creighton.

Hugs,

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline northernguy

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 12:34:27 pm »
One other thing, which might be it.  Do you snore, or has anyone ever mentioned that you stop breathing when sleeping?  You might have sleep apnea.  I do, and know a couple poz guys who do, though I don't know if there's any relationship.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 09:50:56 pm »
Thanks for all the sound and sage advice! I bet if I make (some more) healthier decisions I'll be feeling as young as I look!  ::)

I will be using Chantix starting around November 1.  My hospital is going smoke-free 11/15 and it would be a very good PR thing for me to quit smoking, so that's an extra incentive.  They are offering free Nicorette and Nicoderm, and I'm currently arguing with Employee Health to get the gum early so I can stop smoking during the day (they don't want to give it to me until I've committed to quit entirely, but I've a VP on my side so hopefully they'll fork over the chew.)

I know that I snore, and a nurse I used to sleep with told me I have sleep apnea, but I've been snoring since I was a baby, so that may or may not play into it.  What wakes me up in the night is having to pee since I hydrate so much before and during bedtime, I've only woken myself up with snoring once or twice that I can remember in recent years. I can tell when I've gotten good sleep, and usually the fatigue kicks in shortly after I leave work, not during. I got shit to do there!

My aversion to taking a nap after work is that I like to go to bed early, say 9 or so, so I can be up and get to work no later than 6.30, but for the last few months it's been more like 7 or 7.30.  I worry that I won't be able to sleep if I take a nap earlier.

But I'll say that I got up with no problem this morning and was working the garage sale by 7.05, and it was a huge success, and after a late lunch of fajitas at my BF's restaurant, I took a cleansing shower and then took a NAP!  I'm feeling quite spry now.  Maybe that's the secret.

Since we did other charitable stuff today, Lee & I are going to do our Saturday routine tomorrow morning instead.  4.2 miles aound Lady Bird Lake, then cheeseburgers, then getting down to business.  ;D

I am considering doing the lake walking after work a couple of times a week as well, later in the season.  I will probably need another distraction in the late afternoon once I quit smoking.

Thank you all again!  And J.R., the bifocals are forthcoming, within the year I believe.

Best, and Love to you all,
Creighton

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2007, 10:32:20 pm »
Hi Creighton!!

Being a former 2-pack-a-day smoker, and having celebrated 20 smoke-free years in August, I'm with the cold turkey quitter group, but get there whenever and however you can, but as soon as you can.

Here's where I'm betting you might find your weak spot ...

I know that I snore, and a nurse I used to sleep with told me I have sleep apnea, but I've been snoring since I was a baby, so that may or may not play into it.  What wakes me up in the night is having to pee since I hydrate so much before and during bedtime, I've only woken myself up with snoring once or twice that I can remember in recent years. I can tell when I've gotten good sleep, and usually the fatigue kicks in shortly after I leave work, not during. I got shit to do there!

Not getting restful sleep could play into your fatigue BIG time!! Can you go to a sleep clinic within or affiliated with your hospital?

I was going to suggest more activitiy (body in motion stays in motion, etc..) however, when I read of your possible apnea and having friends who've dealt with it---I wanted to urge you to get checked out for it. And, if you need the apparatus to help you at night, do it. There's nothing like sleep deprivation to tear a body and mind down.

You and I both have the virus, but are not on meds and seen to be LTNPs thus far. I don't know about you (except that Ativan is part of your life), but sometimes I think the degree to which that status can play with my mind causes great stress. Every quarter, I'm wondering if it will be the same or a radical shift in numbers. I don't feel bad physically, but find I'm wondering fairly often if something physiological or neurological is related to the HIV or aging (not unlike many who've stated the same in the forums). It's just a strange sort of contradictory limbo in which to live. You have it, but feel as if you don't. You worry, but worry isn't necessarily necessary. You know there are no guarantees, but wonder if there will be continued good numbers forever more. Reading as familiar?

You say 2010 will determine whether you are an LTNP? My understanding is that the Bruce Walker and NIH types of the world say it can be determined in less that 7-10 years. Don't know your year of dx, but you might want to check into this, too.

I do hope you figure it all out. Not sure if I read whether you're taking any vitamins. If anemia were a factor it would be evident in your quarterly bloodwork. But, it's certainly worth bringing this up to your ID doc.

Em

Offline Basquo

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2007, 11:04:58 pm »
You and I both have the virus, but are not on meds and seen to be LTNPs thus far. I don't know about you (except that Ativan is part of your life), but sometimes I think the degree to which that status can play with my mind causes great stress. Every quarter, I'm wondering if it will be the same or a radical shift in numbers. I don't feel bad physically, but find I'm wondering fairly often if something physiological or neurological is related to the HIV or aging (not unlike many who've stated the same in the forums). It's just a strange sort of contradictory limbo in which to live. You have it, but feel as if you don't. You worry, but worry isn't necessarily necessary. You know there are no guarantees, but wonder if there will be continued good numbers forever more. Reading as familiar?

Damn, Em, you may have figured out the point of this thread before I did!  Maybe the mental aspect is what I was trying to address, even though I was droning on about the physical manifestations...but with your response, maybe I need to soul-search the "limbo" of which you tell.  It's true that I haunted these forums for a year before I joined, thinking that I didn't belong because I wasn't taking "AIDS meds."

Regarding the apnea, I do have opportunities to explore this, and have considered it, but I'm worried that I won't give the caregivers a true picture of my sleeping habits because I have a hard time sleeping in a strange place...and what kind of accurate observation could they make if I had to medicate myself in order to get some measurable shut-eye?

I did do a blood draw for the "Elite Controllers" study that Zephyr introduced me to, in July of last year, but I never heard anything more, so I guess I'm not an Elite Controller but a "Viremic Controller." Zephyr has advised me to call Rachel about further studies, but I'm just too damned fatigued to do so (that's a lie, I'm just lazy!)  I was diagnosed in 2000, and believe I was infected in 1998.

Thank you so much for your response tonight!  In your honor I'm going to change my avatar to the picture you took of me in pirate mode--25 pounds ago.

Best, and Love,
cr8on
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 11:09:01 pm by Basquo »

Offline Basquo

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2007, 11:29:19 pm »
Also wanted to say that I take a multi-vitamin, extra B & C, plus garlic & Valtrex everyday. Add to that Lomotil and Bentyl 3 X daily (God bless us everyone for a little opiate therapy every 8 hours!) Bloodwork is within limits except for cholestorol and triglycerides, which hopefully will descend and I give a kiss-off to sweet Lady Nicotine...

Offline DancerBoy

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2007, 03:52:25 am »
and you're hot...

We opened today.. Spend more time with me and you'l feel younger in no time...  We can listen to "hair" old timer :-) Miss your guts... Three more weeks to see me...
-D
Boys are Stupid

Offline northernguy

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 11:27:30 am »
...Regarding the apnea, I do have opportunities to explore this, and have considered it, but I'm worried that I won't give the caregivers a true picture of my sleeping habits because I have a hard time sleeping in a strange place...and what kind of accurate observation could they make if I had to medicate myself in order to get some measurable shut-eye?..
cr8on

I'm sure they're used to it. Just be up front and ask about using medication.  I barely slept a wink during my sleep test.  I'm hardly one to preach though, as I haven't been using my CPAP machine.  But I'm feeling the effects big time, I'm tired everyday :(.  However, my friends are very good at using theirs and said it has made a world of difference as to how they feel.   Give it a try.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2007, 07:48:21 pm »
Hi Basquo!

How nice of you and I love that avatar...great to see it back. A lovely reminder of our great day in Montreal with the gang! A belated celebration of Talk Like A Pirate Day is certainly in order!

Couple of things...I agree with Northern Guy... what group better than a sleep clinic to know of every variation on an "I can't get to sleep" theme whether in a familiar or strange setting. Go for the testing as soon as you can.

Northern Guy...if you read this, why won't you use it if you know you're suffering lack of quality sleep?

Basquo, you mentioned in the addendum post that you take Lomotil and Bentyl---I looked up side effects for each of them. Is it possible they are contributing to your fatigue and sleep issues?  Here's what I found.

Lomotil
Side Effects & Drug Interactions
SIDE EFFECTS
At therapeutic doses, the following have been reported; they are listed in decreasing order of severity, but not of frequency:
Nervous system: numbness of extremities, euphoria, depression, malaise/lethargy, confusion, sedation/drowsiness, dizziness, restlessness, headache.

Bentyl
Side Effects & Drug Interactions
SIDE EFFECTS
Controlled clinical trials have provided frequency information for reported adverse effects of dicyclomine hydrochloride listed in a decreasing order of frequency. (See CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY)
Not all of the following adverse reactions have been reported with dicyclomine hydrochloride. Adverse reactions are included here that have been reported for pharmacologically similar drugs with anticholinergic/antispasmodic action.
Gastrointestinal: dry mouth nausea, vomiting, constipation. bloated feeling, abdominal pain, taste loss, anorexia.
Central Nervous System: dizziness, lightheadedness, tingling, headache, drowsiness, weakness, nervousness, numbness, mental confusion and/or excitement (especially in elderly persons), dyskinesia, lethargy, syncope, speech disturbance, insomnia.

Back to the viral stuff, I am also a viremic controller. As far as not hearing from MGH, if you want continued involvement, best to contact them. I did my first set of draws for them, but then I had to re-contact them to ask if they wanted me to participate again. They did and sent the next kit of vials. It may reflect how busy they are or perhaps they're short-staffed. I don't know. I'll likely call them again sometime to learn if they still need our type for the study.

The emotional aspect is strange, but then again, perhaps it would be the same if we were on meds---I don't know. But, I cannot deny that my present status understandably seeds my mind with a lot of wonder-if's, and hope-so's.

It's limbo and yet limbo is better than a scale tipped.

I'm glad you understand and that is also the first step in figuring out how to resolve what's bugging you and symptomatically, at least, is possibly depressing you.

Love & Light to you!
Em
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 10:53:18 am by emeraldize »

Offline Basquo

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2007, 11:02:15 pm »
I’m going to suck it up and talk to the people in the Sleep Lab this week, and see if they have some general information that they pass out to patients.  There’s also a girl in my office who’s been through the sleep studies, so I can talk to her, too. If I decide to do it, I’ll probably go to another facility; after spending a day at work, the last thing I’ll want to do is sleep there! The other thing bugging me is that I like to shift positions a lot when I sleep. I often sleep with an arm under my head, and if that limb goes to sleep I’ll shift. It’s almost impossible for me to fall asleep flat on my back.  I’m sure that I would get tangled up in any tubes or wires, probably within half an hour.

As far as the possible side effects of Bentyl & Lomotil, I don’t think that’s a contributing factor.  I take my first dose first thing when I get up.  I think the opiates in them (at least the Lomotil) actually give me a little lift.  When I’ve been prescribed Vicodin, or more recently the ‘Tussin’ syrup I got in July/August, I stay up until 2 or 3 in the AM.  Now THAT’S unusual for me!

I’m really thinking that things are going to change when I attempt to quit smoking.  In addition to that, my BF really wants me to do the Hill Country Ride for AIDS with him in April, and that means we would have to start training in December.

And there’s one more thing: I got a promotion on paper earlier in the year, something which will allow me to give up a part of my job that I really hate and give me more time to concentrate on something I really enjoy.  Transitioning the hated part to the new guy is taking months (even though I have already gotten the raise) but it looks like the real transition is starting tomorrow.  Once I get rid of that aspect, I think I’m going to go from really liking my job to really loving it.

Thanks again for all the fantastic input!

Em—you are a sweetheart besides being smart.  Taking the time to give me your ideas means a lot to me.

Eric—your PM reads like an inspirational seminar, condensed for people with a short attention span like me, and straight form the heart!  How did you reach to me like that without ever meeting me? You should write for Hallmark; I’ll do the card designs!

Danny—you know one thing I love is a great theme park and it may take me two weekends, but I will be seeing you perform.  Tell your mom to put on her best bubble-wrap ensemble because she’s going on the Rattler this time!  Love your guts, too, you know that.

Sleep well, all (couldn’t resist that one) and have a great week!

Creighton

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2007, 11:17:42 pm »
Hey Creighton,

It sounds like you're on the right track with the sleep center.

Good luck with the smoking cessation. I remember us talking about it. I am still smoke free, which I think is pretty good. Joel is right, my allergies have really diminished since I packed off.

I will be thinking of you and sending happy, healthy, positive energy your way.

BIG HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 06:57:26 am »
that's a lie, I'm just lazy!
Creighton, You’re so damn honest.  :D

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 10:59:19 am »
Hey, Creighton, thanks so much! I look forward to reading a post that tells us of your "hookup" so to write in the sleep lab!

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 04:57:54 pm »
quit smoking now...that's an order !!!!    :P

Dear Creighton,

the mysterious fatigue that plague so many of us, but no doctor has a good answer...what can I say?
For starters, I do have more energy now than when I smoked cigarettes and my blood pressure is way normal now.  Food tastes much better, and I can smell so much better too, not to mention that my clothes and breath do not smell like an ashtrey anymore  ;D
I just started to exercise and I think this will be a great help.  I notice that since I bought my bike and began training for the LifeCycle ride, that I sleep longer uninterrupted hours ( I tend to wake up several time in the course of the night) and that I have energy in the mornings ( I had never been a morning person so to actually be "awake" after getting out of bed is new to me).  I hope this trend keeps going and improving as I get more involved in the training.  Don't get me wrong..it is 1:55pm and if I wasn't at work I would be in bed with my dogs taking a nap, I still feel tired, but I refuse to let it take control of me like I did in the past...hell, I may be tired but I ain't stopping...I'll sleep when I die...lol
Good luck with the sleep lab, and remember...if you have to smoke, smoke your medicine not tobacco..oh wait...you live in Texas....sorry, no medical marijuana for you  ::)

Take care honey

BIG HUGS and lots of love
 :-*

Rich
(who puts his medical marijuana card to good use)
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.