Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:05:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 180
Total: 180

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: testosterone and erection  (Read 5231 times)

Offline egello

• cb
testosterone and erection
« on: February 02, 2007, 11:10:22 pm »
ok, you guys are probably sick of my testosterone high by now, but I had to ask this to those who are experienced.

my sex drive is high, yet I have hard time getting a hard erection. it stays sorta limp, what is wrong with me?

i can ejeculate (excuse my on line language) but i have to force the hardness.

anyone notice how this is so much like meth except for that it doesn't have the negative energy that meth creates.
1/29/07 14 T, 300 k V, 1.8 %
2/22/07 197 T, 247 V, 6.8 %
3/27/07 164 T, <50 V, 5.4 %
5/28/07 177 T, <50 V, 8.2 %
7/28/07 214 T, <50 V, 9.6 %
10/3/07 380 T, <50 V, 10 %

Offline marc11864

• I apologize for nothing!
Re: testosterone and erection
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 11:36:10 pm »
There is the possibility that it is not even the testosterone.

I would examine the circumstances that you are in at the time that you notice it occurring and look at any other possible factors as well as the testosterone. Factors such as the partner you are with, is you mind unfocused on what you are doing... hell even something as simple as you're trying to hard  :D (pardon the pun there)
Let us cavort like the Greeks of old! You know the ones I mean.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 11:50:06 pm »
Are you taking any SSRI anti-depressants?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline egello

• cb
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 05:34:57 am »
nope, nothing

well, i get this anxiety off of testosterone shot, and it shoots right down to my bladder area and i feel as though I can't really send some sort of energy down there or something like that.

i guess its just me....

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 05:52:01 am »
egello, how long have you been getting the shots? It took about 5-6 weeks for it to build up enough and level off. I myself like the gel better, you get a high every time you put it on. I can put them teenie boppers to shame. I can even give the ever ready bunny a run for his money.  ;)

Offline mjmel

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 10:32:21 am »
It took about 5-6 weeks for it to build up enough and level off. I myself like the gel better, you get a high every time you put it on. I can put them teenie boppers to shame. I can even give the ever ready bunny a run for his money.  ;)

Holy Cow! I have a newly Rx for the gel sitting in the top drawer in the bathroom.  I just keep forgetting to apply it and get started with the daily application. Gotta put that box where I can see it and get with the program here. My partner would love to "see" me with those kinda results.  :P

Offline egello

• cb
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 12:08:56 pm »
I got the shot 2.5 weeks ago and 0.5 week ago, I started using Androgel either half a pack a day or every other day.

I had peaks (anxiety mostly) several times and also one at last night.

I am really awesome at the gym though, my muscles never tire although my brain get fatigued and my mucsles get all tingly, probably due to my anemia.

What should I be expeting from androgel at this time. Did the shot wear off yet? Did you guys feel like you were about to have a heartattack or something to that affect because you were just so speedy?

Am I taking too much androgel at 5g?

Offline egello

• cb
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 12:11:12 pm »
There is the possibility that it is not even the testosterone.

I would examine the circumstances that you are in at the time that you notice it occurring and look at any other possible factors as well as the testosterone. Factors such as the partner you are with, is you mind unfocused on what you are doing... hell even something as simple as you're trying to hard  :D (pardon the pun there)

actually, my mind is totally unfocused, i feel totally scatter brained... does that go away? is that also the cause of the dysfunction?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 01:49:07 pm »
egello, those little side effects will go away. Just don't use more than what your prescription calls for.

Offline marc11864

• I apologize for nothing!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 05:33:49 pm »
actually, my mind is totally unfocused, i feel totally scatter brained... does that go away? is that also the cause of the dysfunction?

If I knew the answer to that, I wouldn't be dealing with the same issue!  :D

Honestly I am not even on testosterone though I have two of the three symptoms needed to have it prescribed. And I've not even had but one OI since I sero-converted and that was thrush.

But as someone who is HIV positive and has numbers that clinically place me in the category of a PWA, not to mention the fact that I have at least 1,007 things to worry about from finances to what to have for dinner, I sometimes to alleviate these stresses, resort to something that used to give me tons of pleasure... masturbation!  :D  Nowadays though it seems that sometimes, ahem,.... when I take matters in hand, I too find myself with out an erection. Sure I cum! But it's more like I've been wringing out a washcloth than beating my meat!  ;D

Hey, it happens to the best of us! We're men, not performing seals!

I doubt that it'll be permanent. If it continues long enough to make you feel really uncomfortable about it, speak about your concern to your clinician (as I have). And if you find it too difficult to verbalize, take a copy of this thread to him!
Let us cavort like the Greeks of old! You know the ones I mean.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.