Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 27, 2024, 01:13:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772928
  • Total Topics: 66309
  • Online Today: 152
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 122
Total: 122

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: protected sex with prostitute + didnt wash my genital area  (Read 24250 times)

Offline henry123

protected sex with prostitute + didnt wash my genital area
« on: October 31, 2006, 04:02:36 am »
Hallo,
about 18 days ago I had protected oral followed by vaginal intercourse with sex worker (the same condom). The condom didnt brake.
On this night I was totally drunken... I forgot to wash my self, at home in bed I masturbate myself. ( I washed only my hands)
5 days after this situation I got: musclepain, cough, and such feeling of numb nape of the neck. Morover, I had yellow phlegm somewhere in my cough. This symptoms I have been having already 13 days.
I have following questions:
Is it possible, that I have been infected?
It ist possible, that the symptoms occurs already after 5 days?
thx for helping me
henry

Offline RapidRod

Re: protected sex with prostitute + didnt wash my genital area
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 04:05:58 am »
No it is not possible. See a doctor for your symptoms, it's unrelated to HIV.

Offline henry123

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 04:14:20 am »
so if there was some vaginal fluid on my hair in vaginal area and i touched it during the masturbation (after 1 hour after intercourse) and then touch my  penis, there is no risk? How long does hiv virus lives outside?

Offline henry123

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 04:15:59 am »
whats more.. my doctor said that there was risk, beacuse even when you are kissing you are exposed on the risk of hiv infection

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 06:49:26 am »
Henry, any doctor who tells you kissing is a risk for HIV transmission  is sadly uneducated about HIV. Kissing is not a risk for HIV transmission. If that's an example of what your doctor knows about current health issues I suggest you find a better informed doctor for future use.

During this incident you did exactly what you are supposed to do, you wore a condom for intercourse. That is the most important thing in relation to sexual activities and preventing transmission. Keep on doing that. Whether you have vaginal or anal intercourse, always, ALWAYS wear a latex condom. Condoms are very democratic. Whether you are with a professional sex worker or a civilian they are equally effective in protecting you against HIV transmission.

None of the other activities during this incident put you at risk for HIV transmission. Please read the lesson on Transmission on this site. You can find a link to it in the Welcome thread which begins this section. You get all of the basics there.

There's no need for testing nor for further concern. If you are having symptoms which trouble you that's something to discuss with a different doctor.

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

Offline henry123

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 11:30:28 am »
So, if I touch vaginal secrets, which were for one hour on my genital hair, and than with the same hand masturbated my penis, there is no risk?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 12:57:25 pm »
No, you didn't have a risk.

Offline henry123

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 10:45:08 am »
I am really scared. Ich have flu for 14 days and now this red spot on my tongue.... I am becoming crazyyyyyy help

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 10:48:03 am »
If you are having symptoms as such go see a doctor preferably not the one that told you kissing can cause HIV. Your symptoms are in no way related to HIV.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 10:50:38 am »
Henry, feelings aren't facts.

You were not at risk for HIV in relation to this incident. As you've already been advised, discuss your symptoms with your doctor.

Right now you are busily (mis)interpreting everything through and HIV jitters mindset. Of course, you have no basis in HIV science on which to ground your concerns.

This is NOT an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline henry123

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 11:52:43 am »
but if the condom was broken and I didnt noticed it?!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 12:16:52 pm »
No ands or buts about it. If it had been broken you would have known.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 12:47:57 pm »
A broken condom is not a subtle thing. When a condom breaks it's very clear that's happened.

You're beginning to convince me that you need to get some help from a therapist or other like professional. You have no basis in science for further concern and yet you keep coming back with more yet another what if.

If you can't let go of this concern then I would say it's time to get some professional help to deal with the emotional aspects of whatever is going on.

Andy Velez

Offline henry123

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 01:52:45 pm »
ist there any possibility that I get some other diseases?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 02:26:01 pm »
What? Like Hoof & Mouth disease? Only if you dated an infected horse. Jokes aside, if you are having other worries see a doctor. It's unrelated to HIV or STDs.

Offline henry123

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 12:52:23 pm »
I went to a doctor and he said, that he dont know what is ist. Is something like geographical tongue, but I have never had it before!
I am really stressed.. I have problems with my blood pressure due to my emotional condition, I am taking a lot of drugs for blood pressure.
Tell me, was there any case, that someone catched HIV with condom use?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 01:39:04 pm »
No, not with correctly used condoms. Your problems are not about HIV.

Offline henry123

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2006, 02:06:34 pm »
and what you mean by corectly used condoms, for example I dont know, if the sex worker didnt uses some lubricants. I saw only water-based on the table, but if she had another one - not water based?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2006, 02:10:30 pm »
Condoms that are NOT used continuous during anal or vaginal sex from start to finish. If someone had used oil base lube for the condom to not be effective the condom would have failed. When condoms fail there is no guess work to it. It's very noticeable.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2006, 02:54:23 pm »
Henry,

If you want to know about the correct usage of condoms and lubes, click on the links in my signature line. Using oil based lube makes it possible that the condom will break, but not a certainty. I doubt this woman would use a lube that would put her at risk. After all, as the receptive partner, she is much more at risk than you are as the insertive partner.

If the condom had broken, you WOULD have known. You used a condom and therefore you were protected against hiv infection.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline henry123

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2006, 04:31:05 am »
Today I got green stool. Could it be the sympthom of  beeing infected??

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2006, 05:15:21 am »
Today I got green stool. Could it be the sympthom of  beeing infected??

You're kidding me right? I'm not an expert here but maybe you should think back to something you may have eaten that was green? I saw in an earlier post that you said you have high blood pressure, with all the stress you are putting yourself under when you are being told that you are not infected, you can end up causing yourself more harm than good. I wouldn't worry about hiv taking you out but maybe a stroke. I'm not trying to be a bitch but I'm just saying you need to relax.

Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2006, 10:24:29 am »
Henry, it wouldn't matter if you said you had a rainbow stool. You need to know that neither the presence nor the absence of symptoms is ever the way to know anything accurately about your HIV status.

If there has been a genuine risk in relation to HIV, (and I hasten to repeat that this incident about which you began this thread was not a risky one), the only way to know reliably about your HIV status is by having an HIV test done at 13 weeks after the incident. Everything else is guesswork.

You need to work on directing your energy and attention elsewhere because this is NOT an HIV situation. Period. End of story. 

Andy Velez

Offline henry123

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 10:22:57 am »
itīs already 4 weeks since the incident. The symptoms are receding.
I have such feeling that I have been infected. Tommorow I will get the results of hiv test. I am really scared.
I am not afraid of beeing infected during the intercourse, but during mustarbation, when I touched my genital hair and penis. The hair was not cleaned at all, but I dont now if there were some vaginal secrets.
i

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 11:50:08 am »
Yes, go collect your negative result so that you can move on.

Offline henry123

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 01:39:20 pm »
I am not so sure it will be negative

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2006, 01:44:57 pm »
Henry,

Unless there's something in your sexual history you're not telling us, there is no reason to think your result is going to be anything other than negative.

Condoms protect against hiv infection and mutual masturbation is NOT a risk for hiv infection either.

Even when vaginal secretions have gotten on to your pubic hair. NO RISK.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline henry123

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2006, 12:48:19 pm »
Today I got my first results. It is negative! :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.