Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:52:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 212
Total: 212

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Moving Up then Out....  (Read 21855 times)

Offline Oceanbeach

Re: Moving Up then Out....
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2007, 08:38:53 pm »
I think we've now narrowed Queen's potential relocation states down to a more realistic list.

Hey Philly,

Let's see if we can narrow the list a little further...
Seattle- Brrrr too cold in the Winter
Portland- A little too wet during rainy season
San Francisco- Rents are too high
Santa Monica- Rent control
Los Angeles- There is always room for another Queen in L.A.
Palo Verde- This was nice when Kevin was in the picture
Redondo Beach- A must see for housing on the Avenues
Long Beach- 5th largest city in Calif.  Best healthcare for HIV
Laguna Beach- Artist community, Gay men playground
Seal Beach- People who work in West L.A. live here
San Pedro- Very nice, small and quiet
Huntington Beach- Very nice and still within budget for housing
Communities in red will not be losing RWCA Title I funding

Anything from Costa Mesa to San Diego, we have to ask Milker. Have the best day
Michael

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2007, 08:46:05 pm »
  Hey Michael, I was pushed down a flight of stairs also!  Wonder if it was the same guy.

Hey Betty,

Last I heard, he was living in an old car in North Long Beach and I suppose the fuel guage was on empty. Is it possible there may be more than one?  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2007, 10:28:37 pm »
I think we've now narrowed Queen's potential relocation states down to a more realistic list.

You got that right.... ;D As much as I love to smoke, I was not even thinking along the lines of medicinal marijuana. It would be nice to be able to just show a card and be handed some green. Here it's like a well thought out plan or Mission Impossible at times. What is the most medicinal weed you can have at one time? Isn't it like 3 ounces? I'd be cool with that, trust me.

Michael~~ I got on the section 8 list twice..In 2001 and then again in 2004 because they misplaced the 2001 application but what I honestly think it was is because I was being honest on their application when they asked if I ever had a felony charge. But it was about 4 years before and I wasn't even living in the state of Pa when I caught the charge. And they say honesty is the best policy...Hmph!!!!

Now since I consider myself a fag hag, what is it like in Laguna Beach? Cost of living is prolly pricey. I'm not sure about Long Beach, first thing that pops in my mind is gangs, and I am not trying to worry about color co ordinating and drive bys. And do tell more about San Pedro....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2007, 10:35:45 pm »
Girl, who do you think you are, Weezie Jefferson?  ;D

Offline tester8888

• 32,wm, gay, hiv neg at 7 weeks, friend is newly +
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2007, 10:43:57 pm »
queen, I will give you an official fag hag card anyday! you are great!
7 weeks post exposure, tested HIV Negative.

Be Kind To Everyone You Meet, For You Do Not Know What Battles They Have Fought That Day.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2007, 12:49:59 am »
Girl, who do you think you are, Weezie Jefferson?  ;D

LMAO....Well, Weezie did start out in the hood. So, we have that in common but I don't see myself moving into a condo anytime soon.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2007, 12:51:13 am »
queen, I will give you an official fag hag card anyday! you are great!

Aww, thanks sweetie..... ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2007, 01:20:03 am »
Anything from Costa Mesa to San Diego, we have to ask Milker. Have the best day
Orange county has 3 parts. The beach, the hills and the desert.

You can find some cool stuff by the beaches if you're willing to share a 600sqft with 2 other people. The hills are still way overpriced. Cities San Juan Capistrano and San Clemente are very cute, but it's fucking expensive. As for the "desert", you have Fullerton, which is affordable, Anaheim if you're a disney freak, Irvine if you are depressed. I don't know Cypress and Lakewood so I can't comment on those neighborhoods.

Going south from San Clemente you have Camp Pendleton, so if you want to be a Marine, that's where you'd live. It stretches about 10 miles along the coast. Then you reach San Diego county. You first hit Oceanside, which is very expensive on the coast, and okay in the middle of the town. It's a nice area, I would recommend it if you want a laid back life, access to the beach, and going for trips to San Diego once in a while. Go south you reach Encinitas, Del Mar, those are way too expensive places. Go east you have Vista, Escondido, which I would not recommend unless you speak fluent Spanish. East of Del Mar you have Poway which I wouldn't recommend either unless you're white with 3 kids and earn 100K+ a year and Rancho Bernardo, same thing, but will accept latinos and blacks who have money.

Go south and you reach San Diego city suburbs, La Jolla, if you have 2 million dollars to buy a 1800 sqft house, University City has upscale appartments for $1500/month if you don't mind F16s flying over your head from the Miramar Base Station. Continue south you have on the west Pacific Beach, which has extremely hot surfers that live in a 500sqft appartment with 9 other roommates, work at the car wash during the day and surf between 6am-9am and 6pm-8pm every day. Pacific beach is actually a very cool place, it has one major inconvenient, there is only one main road that goes to the main thoroughfare, which means traffic nightmares. If you don't care about traffic, then I highly recommend Pacific Beach.

South of it is Ocean beach. It's on the flight path for commercial airlines, so I don't recommend it. There were plans to make a new airport outside of the city but they've been canned. Ocean Beach would have raised its value tremendously but it won't happen.

East you have El Cajon, La Mesa, Spring Valley. Blah.

Go south, you reach Downtown. Overpriced lofts & high rises that do not sell. They built like crazy in the last couple of years and nobody is buying. Go east you reach the gay area. Hillcrest, being taken over by str8 people now, North park, University Heights, very cool neighborhoods, you can find cheap rents if you take your time.

Go south and practice your spanish. Chula Vista (often referred as Chula Juana due to its close proximity to Tijuana and its large mexican population), Bonita and National City.

Next to the border to Mexico is Imperial Beach. I've never been there but heard good things about it.

Milker.

/edited to add: it is assumed that you have a car. Southern California Public Transportation is a joke/

« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 01:31:09 am by milker »
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Iggy

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2007, 11:53:39 am »
This focus on N.C. is rather interesting.

Dan J.

« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2007, 11:58:40 am »
Come back to Tennessee! Jackson is a great place to live! It's cheap to live here & the best part is your only an hour away from Memphis  & an hour 1/2 away from Nashville. & Besides, I'm here!!! LOL  Winters are mild, the worst time of year is July, Aug, Sept. The CDC clinic is close to the hospital HIV patients are seen on Tues, Thursday & Friday.  Besides Aunty Doxie lives just an hour away! I'm sure he would come visit you when he can. & I can get you some good quality green cheap!

http://www.jacksontn.com/
http://www.atdn.org/access/states/tn/tn.html Tennessee ADAP Contact and Eligibility
http://www.coetenn.com/

:-* :-* :-* :-*

« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 05:43:59 pm by Dan J. »

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2007, 05:37:28 pm »
Dearest Queen,

They say when you become a member of an Italian family, you are forever a member of that family.  That is my connection to San Pedro.  Vito's parents were an "arranged" marriage in Palermo and their children were born in Detroit.  When the children were very young, the family moved to San Pedro so Papa could become a fisherman and they eventually moved everyone from Palermo and Detroit to San Pedro, the entire family are commercial fishermen.  I met Vito, a tourist in Honolulu and 17 days later, I was a resident of San Pedro where we buried him with his wife Theresa (formerly known as Troy). I only remember love and family from San Pedro.

I worked in a Jazz club in Long Beach called Birdland West and the only "white" people there on most nights were employees.  I moved to Long Beach shortly after the Rodney King riots because public transportation was impossible to non-existant after the club closed and I liked to stay after and drink with my friends. The Bird Girls were out in force 5 nights each week.

I lived in Redondo Beach for awhile and used to say "Kiss me where it smells... El Segundo."  The guys loved it and only a local would understand.

I have lived in Long Beach for about 9 years (the longest I have lived anywhere in my adult life) and still visit every couple of years.  I had a neighbor who was a member of a band called "Sublime", he died of an overdose but we were not friends.  Someone else moved into that house as someone else lives in my old house.  I was mugged at my own front door and again at my BF's front door and those were not gang related.  There was a shooting in front of a neighborhood bar called "The Brit", it was not gang related either.

In all of those years, ther only gang related voilence that was anywhere close to me was the shooting of a client's son.  Her son was a member of a gang and that drive-by was in another city.  In Long Beach, as in any city you have to be careful about which neighborhood you choose and pay attention to your surroundings.

One night I was walking down Santa Monica Blvd (WEHO) with my friend Tommy from Capital Records.  Someone yelled faggot from a car... Tommy came back with, "I'm more man that you will ever be and more woman that you will ever get, bring it on!"  That car left the scene without any issues.

Meanwhile... back to Medical Marijuana in California.  The amount you can have in your possession varies by county.  Most counties allow a 10` by 10` indoor growing area.  Sonoma County allows 99 plants, Marin County has no limit but the courts can decide if the amount growing is for personal consumption or commercial use.  Butte County only allows 9 plants. Humboldt and Mendocino Counties (theres gold in them thar hills) have no limit and are rarely enforced but outdoor growing is discouraged.  Each county is different and subject to change.  The courts will have the final say. 

One must also take a look at the cost of growing your own.  One must choose between High Pressure Sodium or Metal Halide lamps.  One light costs about $400.00 at a cost of about $40.00 per month for electricity plus soil, nutrients and related equipment.  Clones in the dispensaries cost about $20.00 each and they can easily be infested with bugs.

The MMJ dispensaries are usually located in poor neighborhoods, entry and exit are subject to violence so once again, a person has to be aware of their surroundings.  I have heard stories of people renting cars and buying wigs so they can go half way as themselves to their homes and the other half incognito.  This is a bit much.

In Sonoma County, I can have up to 3 lbs on my person or in my house.  Dispensary prices for this amount are around $12,000.00 and who can afford that?  Have the best day
Michael 

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2007, 10:32:30 pm »
Come back to Tennessee! Jackson is a great place to live! It's cheap to live here & the best part is your only an hour away from Memphis  & an hour 1/2 away from Nashville. & Besides, I'm here!!! LOL  Winters are mild, the worst time of year is July, Aug, Sept. The CDC clinic is close to the hospital HIV patients are seen on Tues, Thursday & Friday.  Besides Aunty Doxie lives just an hour away! I'm sure he would come visit you when he can. & I can get you some good quality green cheap!

http://www.jacksontn.com/
http://www.atdn.org/access/states/tn/tn.html Tennessee ADAP Contact and Eligibility
http://www.coetenn.com/

:-* :-* :-* :-*

Well, I know the first 2 people I have to come see. I am hurt that Aunty Doxie has not extended an invitation.. ;) Maybe he thinks I will be like a roach and never want to leave.... ;D Hmm, good green at a good price, I think I need to move next door to you.... ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.