Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:11:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 241
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 232
Total: 232

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hello Ladies  (Read 19288 times)

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Hello Ladies
« on: November 03, 2007, 09:01:22 pm »
Hello ladies.
I am new to this forum and thought I would introduce myself.
My name is Wendy. I live in Richardson, Texas. I am 35 years old.
I have been positive for 15 years. I was tested positive while pregnant with my second son Justin in 1992. Justin passed away in 1997 and my husband Michael in 2001. I have an 18 year old son who is not HIV positive. He lives in his own apartment.
Please don't feel obligated to convey your condolences. I realise it is awkward to read about someones losses and not know what to say or how you should respond to them about it. I'm Ok, for the most part.
I've lived with my boyfriend Billy for the last 4 years. He has been positive for 18 years. I met him thru a local HIV hetero social group.
I work part time Monday thru Thursday for an insurance agent and on Fridays I visit a mentally ill elderly man to refill his pill box, draw his insulin syringes and his take care of his household needs.
My last CD4 count was 77 and my viral load is undetectable. I just started taking meds again. I made a huge mistake and took a drug holiday. But I wont do that again so don't worry about that. The lowest my tcells have been was 3 and the highest was about 800 I think.

I'm not shy so if you have any questions I'll answer them to the best of my ability.
I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Wendy

Offline emeraldize

Re: Hello Ladies
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 09:29:33 pm »
Hey Wendy

How serendipitous. I was giggling at your freaky pussy comment (re: Philly's avatar) just yesterday.

Glad to read your intro. Welcome. Sending a PM.

Em

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 09:32:40 pm »
I amuse me all the time. I'm sure there will be plenty of odd comments like that from me in the future.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 09:40:36 pm »
Hi Wendy~

Welcome to the Forums.  I have been here since June.  If you haven't already, you may be interested in reading "By Way of Introduction" under Positive Women.  All of our stories are in there!

Nice to meet you!

~ Cindy in Maryland
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 09:45:48 pm »
Thank you Cindy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 09:55:45 pm »
Hey Wen, just noticed your Garth quote in your sig line.  I like that song, but keep in mind I'm a crazy metal head, lol! 

Post in the dating threads when you get a chance.  Its a journal for all of us women, where we vent and bitch -- not just dating talk, so its OK that you have a man!   :P

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 10:00:20 pm »
Okie dokie. Gotta write this stuff down or I'll forget LOL

I'm not a big country music fan. My late husband was. That particular song's lyrics are strong.
I'm fairly eclectic but I've mellowed out the last few years. The heavy stuff is weeding its way out and the stuff my parents used to listen to is working its way in. LOL

Offline Nygurl225

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 11:40:22 pm »
WELCOME WENDY!!!!!   ;D

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 06:59:21 am »
Hi Wendy and welcome to the forums.  I just got done reading your post in the dating thread about your bf going out to kill Bambi. 

I'm so sorry about your son's and husband's death.  That would be such a tough thing to take.  Anytime you need to talk about it, talk.  We're here for you. 

It's nice that you have a hetero support group there.  Wish we had one here, but I doubt if we did there would be very many people attending.  I'm glad you found love again!  That's really cool. 

I never did get into my parent's style of music.  I'm 42 yrs old, and still rocking out.  I like mostly classic rock, but I've been known to listen to the new stuff sometimes.  I have a 23-year old daughter who lives in Washington (state) and two grandchildren (ages 7 and 3) who live not too far away.  My daughter gave up custody of her kids a couple years ago.  A lady, who was always helping with the kids, adopted them both, and I still get to see them regularly.  My granddaughter is the 7-year old and I have a grandson who's 3.  My daughter knew she couldn't take care of them the way they deserved, so that's why she did that.  My granddaughter's father is in her life, but my grandson's father is not.  I don't even think the grandson's father knows about him, but I'm not sure.  I'm sure there will be questions from my grandson when he gets older.  My granddaughter is getting used to the fact that she has a new "mom" now.  She still talks to my daughter from time-to-time and is doing better than she was.  She had a pretty rough time for awhile.

I tested HIV+ in 1989, when I was in treatment for drug/alcohol abuse.  My first husband died three days after I got my test results.  He's the one who infected me, but that's not what killed him.  Alcoholism did.  And he was only 29.  His heart failed because he just drank too much all of the time.  I'm sure his weakened immune system didn't help it either.  But on his death certificate, under the cause of death, it says "Acute Alcohol Intoxication."  That was a really hard one to get through.  Anyway, I haven't drank any alcohol since about '88, haven't used any illegal drugs since 1989.   But I did get strung out on prescription medication i.e. high amounts of Valium, Vicodin ES, Morphine, and an enermous amount of Dextroamphetamine.  A psychiatrist was prescribing all of that, plus high amounts of hormones (Estrogen, Progesterone) and high amounts of thyroid medication.  So, when I got clean this last time (a little over two years ago) it was extremely difficult.  It was harder to withdraw off of all that shit than it was off of heroin or booze. 

Now, I'm going to school full-time to get a bachelor's in psychology and working part-time.  I have an associate's in law enforcement and I am a certified executive medical assistant.  I should be done with this degree in about a year. 

So, now you know something about me.  Sorry if I rattled.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 07:55:24 am »
Hi Wendy and welcome to the forums or raher the women's forum.

nice to meet you!

"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Lostgirl

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 12:35:38 pm »
Hi Wendy.  Great to get to know you (sorry it was here).  First of all I would like to tell you how sorry I am that you have had to face such great personal loss at such an early age, and how strong you sound.  You are a beautiful woman.

I'll introduce myself.  My name is Lorraine (aka Lostgirl) and I am a 51 year old scottish woman living in Houston, Texas where my husband was transferred last year.  We only found out we were both HIV+ two months ago when my husband had suffered all this year from various illness, eventually having an HIV test in August.  He wasn't tested earlier as we didn't fit the 'profile'.  Country people, simple life, no drugs, etc etc.  I was distraught when I first found out but have quickly come to terms with it all (thats the hardy Scots lass in me!).  My husband started meds six weeks ago and is doing very, very well.  Looks 10 years younger (VL down from 1.6 million to 3,000).  I started meds last Sat and doing not too badly.  Few minor side effects but early days yet.  I have found a new strength and am looking to train as an HIV/AIDS Counselor and Educator - your never too old to start a new life.  I now look on my life as having begun over again.  Life begins at 50!  (Preferably without this cowardly virus but hell, if it makes me a stronger more empathetic person, so be it!). 

Where in Texas (big State isn't it?) are you?  Maybe one day we can meet up for a coffee and a chat!!  I wish you all the best and look forward to hearing from you in these wonderful Forums (bless the day I found them!).
Hugs
Lorraine
Lostgirl

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 01:28:21 pm »
Thank you everyone.

I love my social group. We meet usually once a month. Sometimes we have parties at each others houses, sometimes we will meet at a bowling alley or restaurant or some other public place. Hanging out with other positive people has a way of making life feel more normal. I'm blessed to have that in my life.
Yahoo groups has various groups like the one I am a member of. Could be one located near you.

I live in a suburb just north of Dallas. So Houston would be one heck of a drive for coffee. LOL

Thank you all for making me feel so welcome. I appriciate it.

Wendy

Offline chubb

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 01:45:00 pm »
Winniroo,
I know I am not supposed to be here but could not help myself.  I do know how you feel with the loss of your son and I am very sorry.  I lost my 3 year old daughter several years ago.  I know why you wrote for people that there is no need for condolences.  It is hard for people to know what to say and I understand that too now.

I wish you well.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 01:48:53 pm »
thank you

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 04:44:09 pm »
Well damn, I guess I am late cause  I had mentioned you introducing yourself in the dating thread. I definitely like your sense of humor so this should be fun since I seem to be the main one who clowns around from time to time. Welcome to the Forums...
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

tendai

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 12:19:48 pm »
hie Wendy and welcome

Offline srmn98

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 07:18:54 pm »
hi wendy, nice to meet you !!! :)

Offline Blessed1974

• Time waits for no one so don't dream life live it!
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2007, 03:12:27 am »
Welcome Wendy  ;D

You've got me by a year.  I was diagnosed in 1993 while carrying my second child also.  I haven't been here long but everyone is very welcoming and I hope you feel the same way.

Offline ubotts

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2007, 02:04:10 pm »
 :) Hi Wendy,
I would of welcomed you sooner,but i haven't been online for awhile..

Sorry for your losses, now you just take care of you..Get that tcell back up there.

Oh btw, You just took yourself off of meds right? How long were you on meds, and at
what time did you stop,,and for how long.

I am truly thinking about taking a drug holiday....I have been taking pills since 2002 before that I wasn't on meds for 16 yrs and did good until that day came where I had no energy..Knew something was wrong..

MY tcells were down to 27..that's when I got on the meds..
So I have been taking these meds for a bit over 5 yrs......and I just want to see how
I will feel, if I dont take them for a month or so...
What do you gurls think?? Opinions please...
Live Love Laugh and dance like no ones watching.
Laughter is the best medicine, so try to have a laugh everyday..Even if your not feeling your best, think about something that was funny at one time in your life and work with it..   :o)

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2007, 10:30:53 pm »
Yep, I took myself off my meds and I did not do it supervised. Meaning I wasnt going in to have my labs done. The clinic I use decided to remove all PA's from the clinic and hire NA's. I had the same PA since 1992 and was upset that she was no longer going to be able to care for me. I didnt want to see someone new and was a baby about it.
I was off meds for two years roughly. I had done one before supervised and was off meds for two years with no problems.
Talk to your doc about it though. If you are drug resistant it might be a bad idea.

I'm not saying you should but if you decide to take a holiday never ever do it unsupervised. Make sure your doctor knows what you are doing and you are getting your labs done regularly. I'd suggest every 3 months if not more.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 08:56:02 am »
Wini, does that mean you are on meds again and are being supervised (having regular labs done)?  Sorry if you already posted about it.  I didn't read the previous posts.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 12:44:47 pm »
yep doing good and seeing the doctor every 3 months or sooner

Offline Cheetara74

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2008, 05:14:41 am »
Hi Ladies,
I wanted to introduce myself.  I've been poz since 1995.  I'm a 33yr old african-american female from New Jersey.   It's nice to see a poz forum section for women. 
Currently:

T-cells: 207
Viral Load:  14,710 copies

Meds
:  Norvir, Truvada, and Prezista

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2008, 06:47:10 am »
Hello Cheetara and welcome to the forums.  Join us in the dating thread.  It's not all about dating.  It's where we discuss our day-to-day life.  Again, welcome.
Peace-
Betty

Offline Cheetara74

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2008, 10:41:35 am »
Thank you Bettytacy.   :)   

Offline vivyt

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2008, 05:49:59 pm »
Hello Cheetara! I love the name. I remember the cartoon! Welcome to the forums. This place has taught me so much.

Offline Blessed1974

• Time waits for no one so don't dream life live it!
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2008, 01:30:20 pm »
Hey Cheetara,

I wanted to add my welcome!! :)

Offline Cheetara74

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2008, 11:23:20 am »
Thank you Blessed1974.  Thanks for making me feel welcomed.   :)

tendai

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2008, 08:39:21 am »
Welcome Cheetara! hope to hear more from u...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.