Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:03:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 408
Total: 410

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: A Thank you from a wallflower  (Read 7599 times)

Offline stpetecoyote

• me
    • QueerCoyote.com
A Thank you from a wallflower
« on: February 20, 2007, 09:27:43 am »
Well,  it is now officially 1 month since I found out that I am HIV positive.  Have had my ups and downs and imagine I will have oh so many more of those...  I wanted to pass along my thanks to all those that have posted to the forum over the past month,  when I first found out I happened onto the site and I can't even tell you how much it helped to read about people in the same boat that I am.

I am still playing the waiting game, I have a great GP but am not sure what to think about my ID yet. Think I must have converted sometime in early October, so for what its worth I have caught it early and been able to notify anyone I came in contact with.  I go in for all my blood-work results in another couple of weeks.  I think that is probably the most frustrating thing right now,  WAITING! grrr

Anyway,  I just wanted to pass along my thanks to all those who have posted--Not sure what I would have done without being able to log on and read your posts. I have learned a lot and appreciate everyone who has taken the time to help us newbies as well as those who have just found out and were brave enough to ask their questions.

Thanks
Kris
When we killed what we were to become what we are, what did we do with the bodies? We did what most people do; buried them under the floorboards and got used to the smell - Jeannette Winterson

02/05/07 CD4 264  24.0% VL ??.?
03/05/07 CD4 ???   ??.?%  VL 825  
03/22/07 CD4 355  27%    VL 1232
04/24/07 CD4 490  28%    VL 3785
07/26/07 CD4 368  23%    VL 8900
08/31/07 CD4 454  23%    VL 2200
10/29/07 CD4 474  24%    Vl  18800
Started Atripla...been VL Undetectable and CD4 around 400 Ever Since

Offline r2j

Re: A Thank you from a wallflower
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 09:38:54 am »
Hey Kris!

Loved your post. You sound like you're doing just fine! It seems like there were a lot of us that were diagnosed last month (me included). I can definitely relate to your ups and downs. Hang in there and we'll make it through!

r2j

Offline indyguy

• Hoosier Boy Single Again.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 10:05:18 am »
I am in the same boat. I just got my results last week. 384 and 16000 vl. I started meds yesterday Altripla and it has been no big deal. I also found out early. (within 6 months). Hardest thing at this point was finding a couple of guys attractive and then having them blow me off when they found out my status. That really hurt. Other then that I am doing well with no side effects so far but I am only on day 2. :D
Meds doing well so far.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 11:34:06 am »
Kris, welcome to the forums. You will find out soon enough that "waiting" is what we all have to do. You will get use to the waiting game. Be assured if they find something wrong they will be getting intouch with you. Again welcome to the forums.

Rodney

Offline tigger2376

• too bad to die youngish!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 06:08:11 am »
You sound like you are dealing with it really well. I know its frustrating but I repeat what others have said. In the meantime,be well and welcome to my 'surrogate family'
I know i'm going to enjoy the party in the afterlife, but do you all mind that I'm going to be VERY late!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 12:26:11 pm »
Kris, I'm glad you found your way to our site and that it's been helpful to you during this period of adjustment.

I hope you know you're always welcome here to ask questions and to discuss anything that's on your mind.

This is still all pretty much brand new to you. Give yourself time. You'll learn whatever you need to know to stay healthy. Right now HIV likely looms large in your thoughts. Gradually it will remain important but your life is going to be about a lot more than the virus.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 12:28:05 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline med forum

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 09:08:29 am »
I know we've all heard this so many times but it is key to stay positive, keep your head up and move foward with your heart. My boyfriend got diagnosed last May and still continues to be a very new thing for both of us but it will get better. Also, please be sure to surround yourself with support.......and laughter  :D. Tomorrow will be a better day!

Many blessings to you   :)

Renee
Peace & health

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.