Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:31:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 379
Total: 380

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: so we are selling our home...  (Read 5623 times)

Offline idee

• Hi...
so we are selling our home...
« on: July 11, 2013, 05:42:51 pm »
They want to make an offer. But think our home is not worth what we are asking. These people are from California so I straight out told them that they need to think of what this place would be worth in California. I even told them I am originally from California so I know it would be up in the 400,000's in the area they are form easily.
Chinese women don't like me very much I take it. Oh well...
 I am going to speak up, but I might be getting my way! Two people want our home and it looks like a bidding war is coming.
 Chinese people have been looking at our home because we are close to China Town. Our current neighbor is upset we are considering letting an Asian family purchase our home. I don't really care. I think its funny! Now she can be the out cast when she doesn't understand what they say.

Offline Habersham

Re: Someone likes our house...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 07:18:35 pm »
Wow!  I don't know what to say
Because I Can

Offline weasel

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 09:39:03 pm »

Oh goodness !

I'm shocked to hear you talk about  Chinese people that way   >:(

Bob and I lived in Las Vegas for  30 years and when we sold our home

a wonderful   family bought it   :)

Did you think this out ?     Is this your first house sale ?   

Over the years we have bought and sold several houses , I never would

have told a buyer    " YOU ARE PAYING TOO MUCH $$$$  "   

That is as odd as your bigot attitude  .

Weasel

P.s.  I heard Ann Landers tell a woman once    :  " If you want to improve
          your neighborhood  MOVE !   "   
" Live and let Live "

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 11:53:06 pm »
Wow!  I don't know what to say

Even if I did where would I begin?

They want to make an offer. But think our home is not worth what we are asking.

Perhaps if it had walk in closets.... with security bars.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 12:29:59 am »
    Oh goodness !

I'm shocked to hear you talk about  Chinese people that way   >:(

Bob and I lived in Las Vegas for  30 years and when we sold our home

a wonderful   family bought it   :)

Did you think this out ?     Is this your first house sale ?   

?

Over the years we have bought and sold several houses , I never would

have told a buyer    " YOU ARE PAYING TOO MUCH $$$$  "   

That is as odd as your bigot attitude  .

Weasel

P.s.  I heard Ann Landers tell a woman once    :  " If you want to improve
          your neighborhood  MOVE !   "   

I do not have a bigot attitude because the Chinese woman actually said I did not keep the house clean because I was American. I may have forgotten to put this in here, but I should not have to clearify my thoughts for you.
 Everybody is so ready to call anyone a bigot these days.
 So sorry bud I am no bigot. You're just ready to jump all over anyone I guess.
I never said I had a problem with Chinese people I said my neighbor did. Re-read and re-read until you get it right.
I also don't like my current neighbor because she once accused my husband of being a gay, (not the word she used),  because he has AIDs. He only told her he has it because she did everything but open her legs up to him.
And like I said a bigot far from my little cousin is half Chinese. I am a Jew and my daughter is half black. My little sister is a lesbian. I guess that makes me able to speak about people I know though.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 12:46:41 am by idee »

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 12:40:43 am »
Even if I did where would I begin?

Perhaps if it had walk in closets.... with security bars.

Actually not only did I tell the woman where to go, but she is now in a bidding war over our home. We are currently waiting too see where they are at tomorrow. Last word from our real estate agent was we can expect at least a few thousand above asking price.

Offline Habersham

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 07:04:04 am »
Actually not only did I tell the woman where to go, but she is now in a bidding war over our home. We are currently waiting too see where they are at tomorrow. Last word from our real estate agent was we can expect at least a few thousand above asking price.

I'm curious if you informed the prospective buyer of the recent home invasions? In some states this could be considered "material", like if there was a murder there in the last 3 years. This is the law in California and you may want to check the law in Nevada.

They may insist on the installation of a panic room.

You may want to rent a safe deposit box for large sums of cash
Because I Can

Offline weasel

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 11:56:26 am »

Bring back the ignore    Boob function please !

Weasel

P.S. I know your hood !  Best of luck !   
" Live and let Live "

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 12:01:26 pm »
They want to make an offer. But think our home is not worth what we are asking. These people are from California so I straight out told them that they need to think of what this place would be worth in California. I even told them I am originally from California so I know it would be up in the 400,000's in the area they are form easily.

This makes no sense?  It doesn't matter what your house would be worth in California -- it matters what it is worth where it actually sits?  Otherwise, everyone would be pricing their houses like it sits in Honolulu, overlooking Waikiki Beach.
Looks like you may get what you are asking -- or more, so good for you.  But really -- your logic here makes no sense.  Housing values are based on THEIR MARKET, not another state's market.

Good luck with the sale.

Mike

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 12:03:19 pm »
  Bring back the ignore    Boob function please !

Weasel

P.S. I know your hood !  Best of luck !   

Weasel , you need to knock it off . You misread her post and labeled her racist .
If you don't care for her post then stay out of her thread .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 01:40:49 pm »

Idee,

When you are looking into buying a new home you can research the current crime rate statistics for that area.  I use to also stay away from areas that had a lot of rental properties when making my decision... 

Offline idee

• Hi...
Our house...
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 02:18:46 pm »
[/It turns out people are bidding on our home who haven't even been here yet. They all want it because it is close to China Town. I am excited because we are going to have extra $$$$$.
My neighbor is still upset that someone who doesn't speak English might live nest to her. I really don't care because I am moving to a house with a pool and spa.
]

Offline weasel

Re: Our house...
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 03:34:59 pm »

I'm sorry    Idee .

I was being Bitchy , That is very wrong .

Maybe the whole Las Vegas thing set me off !    I miss my Wonderful
   Las Vegas home so much it makes me cry .

I loved our neighborhood , The Chinese and Japanese ladies would sweep
    the sidewalks and curbs , I learned quickly to do the same .

I would trade   my Big house with 25 acres for a nice home with a pool !
     in a second  .

I wish you the best  .

Weasel 

P.S. I think the heat and the population of 57 people in our new town
       is working my nerves !

Please forgive me .
" Live and let Live "

Offline idee

• Hi...
so we are selling our home...
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 08:17:02 pm »
This woman came through and looked at our home and gave our home a seven out of ten. She thinks it is too high and so we are lowering it. Someone else came up and asked for it at the new price. So she not only got us to lower it, but she missed  her chance.
We are accepting from the polite person.

Offline skeebo1969

Re: so we are selling our home...
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 08:25:35 pm »

Congrats!

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 10:44:25 pm »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 09:57:30 am »
Good news, Idee.

I have a request for you - could you please stop starting a new thread every time there is a new development in the selling of your house? I've merged your house threads at least twice now, if not three times. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. :)

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.