Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:07:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772953
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 459
Total: 460

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: ~  (Read 10340 times)

Offline Eldon

~
« on: July 19, 2006, 10:54:08 pm »
How do you deal/cope with your Anxiety? What are some examples?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 11:11:42 pm by Eldon »

Offline Lis

Re: Naturally Speaking -Series 003- HIV/AIDS & Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 11:07:35 pm »
i don't /cant drive anymore, so i always feel bad about making my husband take me to my many appt... i try and take DEEP breathes, and know , if it was he.... id do it for him..

the days that im too sick to deal... i worry that i am TOTALLY fucking up my kids... 

ANXIETY!!!!!  again i breath... and do the best i can,,,

lis
poz 1986....

Offline Eldon

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 11:21:31 pm »
I can totaly relate to those days that you feel irritable and flustered! I just try to breathe but doesn't it get to you sometimes?

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 02:28:10 am »
Hi Eldon,

I drink Saw Palmeto tea.  It does not taste good but it has been good for me.  Often, I can melt into the couch.

Something else I have been doing for several years is make a "dream pillow".  I take a small cloth pouch with a draw string and stuff it with:

Mugwort
Damiana
Ground Cinnamon
Agrimony
Poppy Flowers
Frankensense
Myrrh
Lavendar Flowers
Chamomile

Stuff it in the pillow and breathe the vapors while sleeping.  This is very good for Anxiety, Stress and Depression (situational, not constitutional).  Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 02:34:05 am by Sonomabeach »

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 09:20:26 am »
Stuff it in the pillow and breathe the vapors while sleeping.  This is very good for Anxiety, Stress and Depression (situational, not constitutional).  Have the best day

Nice idea Michael. It's probably less expensive than what I do which is this: I have some t-shirts whch shrunk so theyre too small ---so instead of chucking them I use them as sleep aids - i  drape my pillow (half) -then I drop a few drops of aromatherapy oils on the t-shirt on the edge where my nose will sorta be. Your brain catches the scents to relax you ...and while asleep too. one oil is named peace & calm which has a mild citrus thing going on (not sharp)  ... it's lovely  :-*

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 11:06:25 am »
Maaaaaaaaan, I take adderrall. I got anxiety like a motherfucker. Redbull helps me calm down when I start getting overwhelmed, it's wierd. Most people i know hate the way redbull makes them feel but I feel better. Every once in awhile if I can get ahold of some 2mg xanax that shit works like clock-work.

My main way to deal with anxiety and stress is to fuck. If you don't have a partner,wife/husband, fuck buddy I suggest you get on adultfriendfinder.com and find someone. Most people on that wesbite have at least 1 STD if not a whole list so finding an HIV+ person should be easy. Besides, we're all sex freaks here and that website was made for freaks. My girl is a nymph and I love it. Sometimes I have my moments and if need be I either take a hit from the bong, a spliff from a joint or chow down on a brownie if sex doesnt do the trick.

Hope I helped.

-Sunny

Offline Eldon

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 10:09:42 pm »
Hey Michael,

The Saw Palmetto tea sounds like a good thing I could use. My brother had mentioned some type of other tea too. Where do you get your stuff for your "dream pillow"?

Allopath, I see you use essential oils. Is that from Young Living? When I lived in Arizona, I used essential oils with my X for massages and all other sorts of stuff.....Come to think of it, I was more relaxed than I am now. lol!

and Sunny, I see that you are on the same page when it comes to Anxiety. It effects your breathing and not to mention your sleep. A few weeks ago I tried a Red Bull to get some energy while I was helping my parents move, the kick it is suppose to have wasn't there, I think I had a similar reaction to the Red Bull just as you did.

When I go to see my Doc I will ask him to write me a prescription for Xanax. Fucking/making love helps out a great deal. And for the mean Green, I have heard that Marinol works better and this I will also ask my Doc to get me a prescription for.

You have helped.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 10:33:32 pm »
Maaaaaaaaan, I take adderrall. I got anxiety like a motherfucker. Redbull helps me calm down when I start getting overwhelmed, it's wierd. Most people i know hate the way redbull makes them feel but I feel better. Every once in awhile if I can get ahold of some 2mg xanax that shit works like clock-work.

My main way to deal with anxiety and stress is to fuck. If you don't have a partner,wife/husband, fuck buddy I suggest you get on adultfriendfinder.com and find someone. Most people on that wesbite have at least 1 STD if not a whole list so finding an HIV+ person should be easy. Besides, we're all sex freaks here and that website was made for freaks. My girl is a nymph and I love it. Sometimes I have my moments and if need be I either take a hit from the bong, a spliff from a joint or chow down on a brownie if sex doesnt do the trick.

Hope I helped.

-Sunny

Sunny you need to be bottled and sold! ;D

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 10:41:27 pm »
Allopath, I see you use essential oils. Is that from Young Living?

yes. that's the brand name.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 10:43:45 pm »
Allopath, the Shower gel is the best I've used. i learned about Young Living from my x.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 12:46:00 am »
Eldon,

Many things can be found just by looking for them.  For things I can't find or grow, I go to an Herbalist.   Have the best day
Michael

www.Commission-on-AIDS.org
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 12:48:08 am by Sonomabeach »

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006, 04:49:11 am »
If the anxiety is serious, and impairs you in your day to day life, then it might be a clinical problem.

I keep Xanax and Klonopin (two common benzodiazepines) handy. Haven't used them much lately, though. Another anxiolytic that works differently from the benzos is Buspar.

Oh, forgot to mention: going to the gym helps too.

Jay
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 01:32:09 pm by lydgate »
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 05:46:06 am »
I listen to Bach, I start crying and it relieves me.

Doesn't have to be Bach, could be any music you feel emotionally connected with.

Coen
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 10:03:07 am »
Hey Michael,

The Saw Palmetto tea sounds like a good thing I could use. My brother had mentioned some type of other tea too. Where do you get your stuff for your "dream pillow"?

Allopath, I see you use essential oils. Is that from Young Living? When I lived in Arizona, I used essential oils with my X for massages and all other sorts of stuff.....Come to think of it, I was more relaxed than I am now. lol!

and Sunny, I see that you are on the same page when it comes to Anxiety. It effects your breathing and not to mention your sleep. A few weeks ago I tried a Red Bull to get some energy while I was helping my parents move, the kick it is suppose to have wasn't there, I think I had a similar reaction to the Red Bull just as you did.

When I go to see my Doc I will ask him to write me a prescription for Xanax. Fucking/making love helps out a great deal. And for the mean Green, I have heard that Marinol works better and this I will also ask my Doc to get me a prescription for.

You have helped.

Yea man, 1 redbull doesnt do it. I have to get the 4-pack and chug them all. My doctor as of now wont prescribe me xanax. We got in a huge fight last week and I told her to shove her medical degree up her ass. I doubt she's going to be giving me any drugs at all ;D if I don't find a new doctor. She's a real twat. She told me no to Marinol a long time ago. However, the adderrall and redbull helps me concentrate when when the anxiety gets too badd and the pot and xanax helps chill me out when I'm stressed like no other. You just have to know what to take and when to take it to help keep you on a level playing field.

-Sunny

Offline Suntropic98

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2006, 10:03:41 am »
Sunny you need to be bottled and sold! ;D

I agree. ;D I could make millions.

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 10:14:41 am »
How to deal with Angst?

I allow only those things into my life that I can either change or accept.
I ignore things I cannot change or accept.
I pray to God/dess each day that I will continue to know the difference.

Pot will increase angst, and Marinol can be even worse.  However, if you have no anxiety, then it will surely smooth out the day.

In Love and Total Understanding.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Eldon

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2006, 06:00:11 pm »
Michael, I will follow your suggestion on that. I'll go to an herbalist and see what they can do for me.

Lydgate, my doctor did put me on Buspar to tey and calm me down, it makes me sleepy. But, this is the second/third time I have heard of Xanax, it seems to be the drug. I never heard of Klonopin before, I'll ask about that too. The gym? I need to get back on a regular workout routine that should help also.

Coen, I do agree that MUSIC does releive me just as well as it does for you. I keep it pumping when I get the canhce too.

Sunny, The Red Bull does not give you wings if you down a four pack at a one-time setting. It is a pity that your doctor won't prescribe you to Xanax. What is she afraid of, drug inter-action? I see you (2) two got into a fight last week and you set the record straight with her. But, she is your doctor and you do have the option to tell her to go to hell and you can find another doctor (without interrupting your treatment) that will prescribe them to you. That sucks she said no Marinol, she is really what you say she is. Pot and xanax? Wow that is a major chill pill to take. I haven't tried it yet but for certian the next time I visit my doctor I'm going to ask about the Xanax and the Marinol. I don't know about the adderall that much. I am learning what to take and when to take them (if it is more than one pill).

Ahh Tim , Mr. Moffie65, you and I do agree on leaning towards the natural side of things. But sometimes , you may just need a little extra help with a chill pill as they would say it. I know where you are coming from Tim, smooth the day out Tim, smoothe the day out.

So far......It has been

Xanax
Marinol
Adderall
Buspar - of course I ran out of it yesterday.

Sunny, my right eyebrow is raising up as you make your suggestions. You are too cool sunny,

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2006, 08:57:33 pm »
Adderall is a stimulant, an amphetamine, used most most commonly for the treatment of AD(H)D. (Ritalin is probably the best-known ADD/ADHD drug.) One of it's side effects, in fact, can be an increase in anxiety, especially in people who already have an anxiety disorder, so I would use caution. (If you fully describe your symptoms, I might be better able to help.) Though there are reports of Adderall being used successfully for social anxiety.

Xanax (alprazolam) and Klonopin (clonazepam) are both benzodiazepines (Valium, or diazepam, is the best-nown benzo). They're fast, safe, and effective in treating anxiety. Again, though, caution is advised, since benzos can be habit-forming and some people need higher and higher doses to achieve the same effect, once "tolerance" develops. A lot of doctors can be quite benzo-phobic. Which is just as silly as being extremely pro-benzos. Get the generic version, not the brands, MUCH cheaper.

Have to run, more later.

Jay
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline Eldon

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2006, 11:32:38 pm »
Jay,

It is more so the tightness in the chest area with breathing, feels like short breaths or I can hardly breathe but I am breathing. I had my Doc check my lungs out and they are ok. Other feelings are like I don't want to be bothered and I can get iritable. it's like Aggggh.

What do you think? She (Doc) has me on Reisperdal, Lexapro, Tranzadone and Buspar. What a combination.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2006, 11:09:27 pm »
I found that this link is very interesting and resourceful:

http://panicdisorder.about.com/od/anxietyglossarya/g/defanxattack.htm

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.