Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2024, 08:24:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773263
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 185
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 108
Total: 109

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
Ukraine
« on: February 24, 2014, 06:13:50 pm »
Well ,it looks like its set to be Cold War 2 .

I have been following the protests through the winter , was delighted with the piano mans bravery. he played to riot police lined up , tooled up , to show the demonstrations where peacefull, after that the piano turned up regularly at demo,s .

Now after the people where slayed by snipers , the president Has disappeared, his Palace the usual extreme bad taste corruption cess pit.

Putin,s making angry grunts , The EU are talking with the Politicians who want closer contact with Europe , any problems between the Russian community and Ukrainians will be manipulated by the powers that be .

Scary Scary Scary
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline RobbyR

Re: Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 06:39:59 pm »
The EU is a total joke & worthless, they're totally inept. I am still majorly pissed about Putin's anti-gay laws, (not to mention many here in the US too). I'm old enough to remember the actual Cold War & it was not something we want to repeat, but it looks more & more like we're headed down that road.

I try to look at things in realistic terms..The reality is that Putin crosses us at almost every turn, he has crushed opposition at home & made Russia a horrible police state, to rival that of the old USSR, & every time a small country on his border tries to break free of Moscow's influence, he does everything he can to prevent it. Remember 2008, when Putin invaded the small country of Georgia. Not sure if he'll invade Ukraine, but he won't stand by & let Ukraine fall into the West's lap.

Putin is an old KGB man, he's all about all or nothing, zero-sum, & seeing the world for what benefits Russia & nothing else. It's naive & stupid to think Putin has a good bone in his body or wouldn't stab us in the back every chance he gets.

Russia makes anti-gay bigotry a state religion essential, & this is all because of Putin's fascist ideology.

There aren't many good options from the US point of view, we have little if any leverage. And since Obama set fake red lines & didn't follow through with them on Syria, Putin & nobody else takes him seriously.

I hope Ukraine can escape Russia's influence, but I don't see them letting that happen. And we're basically broke & have too many problems here to do anything about it.
"I survived because I was tougher than anybody else".--Bette Davis

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 11:24:47 pm »
I saw a map of the Russian gas lines running through Ukraine to many parts of Europe.  It looked like arteries running throughout the heart. 

Offline Theyer

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 03:50:29 am »
BBC this am  quoting Putin as saying "It would be dangerous for the Ukraine to choose between Russia and Europe "

Putin has already closed the gas line to the Ukraine .

What does give a slither off hope is so far the demonstrators behaviour , no looting off the Presidential Palace , Peoples security established after the Police left the streets
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Theyer

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 09:15:38 am »
Putin wants/is cannot get it clear to send in 6000 Russian troops. I am not blind to the fact that the Ukraine has differant religious / national groups and that history has left awful memories for all to deal with but for Putin this is a Godsend for him to work on his Putin the Hard man act, sadly so attractive to a percentage off the voting Russians . Cult off Personality fucking rides again , its bloody tailor made for him .

Europe has got some work to do and must not forget the Ukraine is in the continent off Europe .

Offline Theyer

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 05:15:12 pm »
Are the pro Russian activities in the Ukraine being reported on US national news?
Today another Judicial building was fought over and this is getting uglier every day ,Putin seems immune to everything so Far. Ukraine voluntarily gave up its nuclear defence with the promise off protection from NATO if they where attacked, so we either show the world our promises mean the opposite or further , tougher action is required.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.