Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:11:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 640
Total: 642

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Making out/mutual masturbation with possible blood involved  (Read 14552 times)

Offline stressboy

Making out/mutual masturbation with possible blood involved
« on: March 20, 2012, 09:28:00 pm »
So my story is this. I was chatting with a guy online for three weeks, then one night he asked if I wanted to come over. I told him I'd be up to cuddle. He came and picked me up, and we cuddled. He then slid his hands down my pants and felt my hole. He masturbated himself and then undid my belt and started to masturbate me. He put my hand on his penis and we stroked each other. Which would be very vanilla, except when I got home and went to shower, there was a dark patch of some fluid on the head of my penis with 2 little hairs stuck in it that wiped right off with toilet paper and water. So I'm assuming it was blood. Now my OCD side is wondering if this guy was crazy and trying to infect me on purpose, though I suppose if he was he could have tried more effective means.

Since then, I've had symptoms like my penis feeling irritated and too warm, and what looked like red patches on the head. I went and got checked for herpes, and 5 different doctors told me it did not look like anything. At the 4 week mark, I got blood taken for Hep B and C, Syphillis, and HIV, and all was negative. By this point I had a little rash like thing on my face, little red spots on my cheek. At 6 weeks, I started getting a sore throat, and now at the 7 week mark I have a sore throat with a white ulcer like patch at the back, and my stomach is a little upset, and the little rash on my face has been there for over 3 weeks. So I'm wondering if these things are connected, where I had the little rash for so much longer than the sore throat....I just went to the hospital today for another HIV blood test at the 7 week mark.....I know you need 3 months to be sure, but after 7 weeks if what I'm showing are symptoms, it should show up, shouldn't it? My OCD is making this whole thing unbearable, it's all I can think about....I'm not sleeping, I haven't eaten a meal in days.....I'm so worried.  :(

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Making out/mutual masturbation with possible blood involved
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 09:34:29 pm »
Your mind is working overtime and all to no good purpose in the domain of what ifs. Nothing you did put you at risk for HIV. Even if his cum was poured over your penis and even if there was blood (very unlikely) it still wouldn't have been a risk.

HIV is a fragile virus and is not transmitted in that ways. Nor in any way that involves masturbation.

The ONLY confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected anal (and vaginal) intercourse. As long as condoms are used consistently for those activities there is very effective protection against HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline stressboy

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 01:15:48 am »
Thank you for attempting to put my mind at ease. I texted the guy and asked him his HIV status, and he claimed that in a weird coincidence he was just leaving his doctor's where he got tested for everything under the sun, and he had high chloresterol but no HIV and no STD's. I'm not sure I believe him, seems like an insane coincidence to me that he had just gotten test results, so I figure he was just trying to get me to stop texting. I will update next week with my 7 week test results, as that is the only thing that will truly ease my mind.....my logic tells me you are right that I did not do anything risky, but my mind always tries to come up with a crazy what if scenario to keep me scared and worried.....

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 09:18:41 am »
Fortunately fears are not facts. And the facts as you have reported them point clearly to your not having been at risk.

I don't expect anything other than a negative result when you get tested.
Andy Velez

Offline stressboy

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 01:15:01 am »
So as an update to my story, I never did get the results of my 7 week test....I got 3 unknown number calls on my cell phone which freaked me out, and when I called the hospital they told me that if they were calling it wouldn't show unknown number, and they would keep trying if I didn't answer. So I'm assuming they would have tried more than 3 times. Anyway, I took a test again at almost exactly 14 weeks (97 days) and am waiting for the results, it's been about a week since I took the test. I'm in a committed relationship now and just want to stop thinking about this!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 01:17:44 am »
You never had an exposure.

Offline stressboy

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 01:45:01 am »
I know my scenario seems far-fetched, but when I saw a patch of red fluid on my penis after being masturbated, my mind came up with crazy scenarios, like he was a psycho who was trying to infect me on purpose by rubbing blood on me. As Andy says, fears are not facts, which is why I need these test results, regardless of whether I had an actual exposure.....my mind needs to see the scientific proof that it's in my head, if that makes any sense  :-\

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 01:56:23 am »
I know my scenario seems far-fetched, but when I saw a patch of red fluid on my penis after being masturbated, my mind came up with crazy scenarios, like he was a psycho who was trying to infect me on purpose by rubbing blood on me. As Andy says, fears are not facts, which is why I need these test results, regardless of whether I had an actual exposure.....my mind needs to see the scientific proof that it's in my head, if that makes any sense  :-\

Your "crazy scenarios" might upset you, but they do not trump science. Nothing you did put you at risk for HIV. I highly suggest that you refrain from badgering your partner further and forge for yourself your own personal boundaries. They do not need to be grounded in science fact (although it would be healthier if they were) but they will keep you from letting your imagination negatively impact others' lives.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline stressboy

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 12:38:24 am »
So today is the day I will get my 14 week results. I am so nervous and scared, despite logic (and all of you) telling me otherwise. I just have to get through the next 12 hours and I will know. I actually called the clinic yesterday to see if they had the results, and they only had the results of my urine test (I tested for everything). She said the blood test results would have been sent to the doctor, and "she would have called" if there was anything. But she is working at the clinic tomorrow, so I'm going to call her. It's been 17 days since I had my blood drawn, I assume she has the results by now.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 05:55:03 am »
So today is the day I will get my 14 week results. I am so nervous and scared, despite logic (and all of you) telling me otherwise. I just have to get through the next 12 hours and I will know. I actually called the clinic yesterday to see if they had the results, and they only had the results of my urine test (I tested for everything). She said the blood test results would have been sent to the doctor, and "she would have called" if there was anything. But she is working at the clinic tomorrow, so I'm going to call her. It's been 17 days since I had my blood drawn, I assume she has the results by now.

Jesus. Stressboy is a good handle for you. I don't know you manage to get out of bed in the mornings, let alone hookup with other guys. ::)

You're going to test negative since you were not at risk in the first place. Whilst you're collecting your negative result you might ask your doctor for referral to a counsellor to help you with your anxiety.

MtD

Offline stressboy

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 11:02:01 pm »
Oh I am well aware of my anxiety problem, believe me. I have tried to get help for anxiety and depression but after getting assessed I am on a waiting list for months now. And it turns out I did not get my results today, as I was working when the doctor was available, so they let me make an appointment on Tuesday to come talk to the doctor. More waiting. :( 

I think a lot of my anxiety comes from the fact that I was in a LTR for over 9 years, and then went celibate for a few years waiting for "the one".....meeting this guy was my first lapse in years, and then I met my current boyfriend right after, so I guess I feel a lot of guilt for hooking up.....I'm very hard on myself sometimes.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 11:13:03 pm »
Oh I am well aware of my anxiety problem, believe me. I have tried to get help for anxiety and depression but after getting assessed I am on a waiting list for months now. And it turns out I did not get my results today, as I was working when the doctor was available, so they let me make an appointment on Tuesday to come talk to the doctor. More waiting. :( 

I think a lot of my anxiety comes from the fact that I was in a LTR for over 9 years, and then went celibate for a few years waiting for "the one".....meeting this guy was my first lapse in years, and then I met my current boyfriend right after, so I guess I feel a lot of guilt for hooking up.....I'm very hard on myself sometimes.

I don't want to sound hard-hearted but I'm gonna. We're not a mental health outfit. We only deal with HIV testing and transmission stuff so we can't assist you with the crazy.

I'm sorry accessing appropriate mental health services is proving tiresome but there isn't much we can do with regard to that.

MtD

Offline stressboy

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 09:38:51 am »
So I got my test results, which were negative of course, as you all told me they would be. :) But now I have another question.

I work in a store, and yesterday a guy's hand was bleeding from an open cut. He noticed it and asked me if I had a bandaid. He then reached in his pocket with his bleeding hand and got his change to pay for his stuff. The blood got on the coins. I didn't know what to do, so I got a plastic bag and rested it flat on my hand and got him to place the coins on it, and then dumped them in the drawer without touching them. I didn't notice any blood on my hand after he left, or any cuts on my hand, other than a hangnail maybe...but if blood from his open wound did make contact with my hand, is that a risk? Should I get tested again?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 10:31:52 am »
Stress,

If hiv were as easy to transmit as you are imagining, everyone in the world would be poz by now.

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse.

Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect. For this reason, hiv cannot be transmitted from objects in the environment, including coins with blood on them.

Your extreme hiv paranoia is not healthy. I suggest you seek counseling - we cannot help you with that here nor will we even try.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline stressboy

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 06:16:49 pm »
I apologize, I did not mean to break the rules, it seemed like an iffy situation rather than a no-risk one to me....If it was just blood on coins I would not have even asked, but the guy had a fresh open cut which was bleeding as he handed me the coins, and I worry it might have touched a small cut or hangnail.... If you are saying this is not a risk, I will accept this news and not post again, and I also plan to redouble my efforts to get help for my OCD and depression.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 05:11:00 am »
I also plan to redouble my efforts to get help for my OCD and depression.

Please do. We cannot help you with that here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline stressboy

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 09:27:01 am »
Also, I just realized something that made me feel stupid for asking about the possible blood on my hand....if that was a risk, then it would be a risk for someone to masturbate someone until they came on your hand, which is obviously not a risk. It's time for me to build a bridge and get over it  ;)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2012, 09:28:24 am »
That's a good idea. Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline stressboy

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2012, 11:05:59 pm »
So I have a new concern....I met a guy, and we did a 69 and then he was masturbating the both of us to finish off....I told him I needed some lube, and he said "I'll get it nice and slippery" and came in his hand, and immediately started to masturbate me using his cum as lube. Is that a risk?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 02:43:16 am »
Stress,

No, it's not a risk. We've already told you that mutual masturbation is not a risk and we always assume people get each other's cum on them when they engage in mutual masturbation.

You're still under a time out warning, so don't think you'll be permitted to go on and on about your latest NO RISK incident.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline stressboy

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2012, 10:45:47 pm »
I'm sorry, I don't mean to seem like I'm going on and on, and I really have paid attention to what you guys said about HIV being transmitted primarily inside the body and that it quickly becomes unable to infect outside. The reason I am presenting this encounter as a concern is that he came in his hand and IMMEDIATELY began masturbating the head of my penis with his cum, getting it all over my penis head and I'm sure in my urethra. The cum was only shot for like a second or two before my penis head came in contact with it. That is why I am concerned.

Offline stressboy

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 09:44:18 pm »
I asked the guy whether he had been tested recently, and he said he was tested for everything a few months ago and all was negative, and I also did some research online and pretty much everywhere said that there are no documented cases of someone getting HIV from genital fluids outside the body touching your genitals.....the sperm being shot one second before being rubbed all over my cock head and maybe in my urethra still seems like it could be a risk though...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 09:48:37 pm »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result,  or no-risk situation will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2012, 08:07:02 am »
Stress,

No, it's not a risk. We've already told you that mutual masturbation is not a risk and we always assume people get each other's cum on them when they engage in mutual masturbation.

You're still under a time out warning, so don't think you'll be permitted to go on and on about your latest NO RISK incident.

Ann

If you come back again about this non-risk you are going to get a Time Out. Consider yourself warned.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.