Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:00:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 413
Total: 416

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Blood through tip  (Read 12622 times)

Offline chps

Blood through tip
« on: April 02, 2008, 07:22:58 pm »
On March 5 i received unprotected oral sex from a prostitute. Since i wasn't looking all the time what she was doing i was thinking if i could get infected with hiv if she would bite her mouth intentionally in order for her to pass some blood through the tip of my penis. I'm really worried because after two weeks of this i started having some symptoms like rash in both my arms and neck,sore throat,dry cough. I started getting info on different websites that really scared me and i think because of this i lost weight , i had diarreah, feeling very stressful,tired and lack of appetite. Im not sure about my lymph nodes but at least no fever yet. I took a rapid test on the 11 and 26 of March. I know it's too soon and that's why i decided to take the early test(RNA I think) but i still don't have the results. They asked me to wait 2 weeks for a negative result but today April 2 is exactly one week after. Im really frightened just like many people are or used to be specially because i think i have symptoms of gonorrea but i'm already checking this with my doctor. Thank's and i will appreciate any comments .

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Blood through tip
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 07:25:17 pm »
ch,

Getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv infection. If she'd bit you hard enough to cause problems, you would have ended up in the ER  and you would have been in agony. Forget that.

Read the Transmission Lesson. It's linked to in the Welcome Thread

Not one person has ever been infected through getting a blowjob and you won't be the first.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline chps

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 07:30:27 pm »
On March 5 i received unprotected oral sex from a prostitute. Since i wasn't looking all the time what she was doing i was thinking if i could get infected with hiv if she would bite her mouth intentionally in order for her to pass some blood through the tip of my penis. I'm really worried because after two weeks of this i started having some symptoms like rash in both my arms and neck,sore throat,dry cough. I started getting info on different websites that really scared me and i think because of this i lost weight , i had diarreah, feeling very stressful,tired and lack of appetite. Im not sure about my lymph nodes but at least no fever yet. I took a rapid test on the 11 and 26 of March. I know it's too soon and that's why i decided to take the early test(RNA I think) but i still don't have the results. They asked me to wait 2 weeks for a negative result but today April 2 is exactly one week after. Im really frightened just like many people are or used to be specially because i think i have symptoms of gonorrea but i'm already checking this with my doctor. Thank's and i will appreciate any comments .
She didn't bite me I was thinking if she bite herself( LIPS)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 07:40:56 pm »
ch,

Was her mouth dripping blood? No? Unless you punched her hard in the mouth before she blew you, there wouldn't be enough blood to present a problem.

You didn't have a risk.

Saliva contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect. Not one person has ever become infected through getting a blowjob and you won't be the first.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline chps

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 07:59:30 pm »
Thank you, I read the transmission lesson and understand everything except that in this case how much blood would be enough. Of coourse i didn't punch her but i thought maybe if she damaged herself with her teeth intentionally. Sorry to bother but do you think this could happen? Thank you again.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 08:11:55 pm »
ch,

No, I don't think it could happen. That's why I said you had NO risk in getting a blowjob.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline chps

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 01:16:19 pm »
What do you think about this Rapid Rod,Andy?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 02:30:17 pm »
Are you collecting opinions now? Ann's isn't sufficient?

In the entire history of the epidemic there's never been a single confirmed case of transmission to a guy getting a blowjob. It's safe to say you won't make history by becoming the first, including bearing in mind the specifics of your particular experience.

Andy Velez

Offline chps

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 10:17:54 pm »
Thank you Andy for taking the time.I'm not collecting opinions, i just wanted an explanation on how this way of transmission could or could not happen. The problem is that it's been only 29 days since then and I still don't have any results of anything. Also what do you think about my dry cough for 2 weeks and some pain in my right side of the neck (lymph node maybe) Could that be Gonorrea because at first i thought of the hiv? And of course I'm assuming this girl is hiv +.

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 01:57:01 am »
Thank you Andy for taking the time.I'm not collecting opinions, i just wanted an explanation on how this way of transmission could or could not happen. The problem is that it's been only 29 days since then and I still don't have any results of anything. Also what do you think about my dry cough for 2 weeks and some pain in my right side of the neck (lymph node maybe) Could that be Gonorrea because at first i thought of the hiv? And of course I'm assuming this girl is hiv +.

We are an HIV specific website and do not assess possible transmissions of other STDs. No one on any website can, for that matter.

Since HIV is not transmitted through oral sex, you were never at risk for HIV (and this is not the first time we've told you the same thing).

If you feel that something's not right, go to a doctor.
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline chps

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 02:43:31 am »
Got it. Thank you.

One more thing to stop wasting your valuable time. What do you think of the hiv+ people who say that the only they did was unprotected oral sex.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 03:12:48 am »
People say lots of things. Just because some people say they contracted HIV through oral sex doesn't mean that's the way it happened.

Some people might be genuinely confused. Drugs and alcohol are often involved in risky sexual encounters. It may be that they honestly don't remember have unprotected anal or vaginal sex because they were just too blasted.

Other people cannot admit to the things they do. Homosexual sexual encounters are highly stigmatised and many people feel that oral sex is a "lesser sin" than anal sex. They either convince themselves that they didn't take one up the rear or they just flat out lie about it to escape the judgement of others.

But all of this is neither here nor there. The peer reviewed science simply does not support receiving a blowjob as a risk factor. Giving an HIV positive man a blow job has never been documented as a risk factor in the 25+ years of the pandemic.

You are free to draw your own conclusions.

MtD

Offline chps

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 03:29:43 am »
Thanks for your reply Matty.

Offline chps

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 01:58:52 pm »
Before i found this site, I visited avert.org. I went under the stories of man with hiv and read this particular one of Richard who talks about his infection from performing oral sex to a man when he ejaculated inside his mouth.In my case i was being sucked but i'm still curious about this particular case that was the only one i found from all the sites i visited.Isn't this strange? I hope you have the time to check this because it's there and i'm confused even though i read the whole transmission lesson. It's my fears that don't let me go.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 02:03:52 pm »
We don't go by what people say caused their HIV infection on this forum. All we do is give you the facts. Besides you can never rely on what someone else has said.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 02:17:14 pm »
chp,

If you cannot control your fears, then you need to work on that with a therapist. This forum is not the appropriate place for you to work on your issues.

You didn't have a risk. Not one person has ever been infected from getting a blowjob and you won't be the first.

If you've read the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline chps

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 11:08:05 pm »
How reliable the RNA test is after 21 days of possible exposure?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 11:16:06 pm »
ch,

What does it matter in your case? You DID NOT HAVE A RISK FOR HIV INFECTION WHEN YOU GOT YOUR DICK SUCKED.

Got it?

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline chps

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 11:38:37 pm »
Got it. I just wanted to know the answer if we were talking about a potential risk. Don't bother to answer if you don't want. I understood everything all of you have told me. Thanks for your answers.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2008, 07:50:55 am »
Please don't try to jive us with "potential risk" kinda stuff just to keep this back and forth going.

You didn't have a risk. Period. And if in the future you have one, which hopefully you won't, forget about RNA and such tests. The standard ELISA is what you ought to be doing at 13 weeks past any risk.

Now, get on with your life. No kidding.
Andy Velez

Offline chps

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2008, 12:54:48 pm »
That's why i'm asking.What is wrong about RNA? I thought that was the best way to know if someone has been infected.Why not just answer? PLEASE before I get kick out from this time for posting

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2008, 01:34:47 pm »
Why would you test period if you didn't have a risk?
As for the PCR RNA it's not a stand alone test. So why take it?

Offline chps

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2008, 02:35:26 pm »
What do you mean by IT'S NOT A STAND ALONE TEST. I took it after the 21 days of the non risk exposure but I'm surprised that even though they told me i was in a very low risk situation they decided to do it at no charge when i've heard that this type of test is kind of expensive. It came back negative as well as all STD's but stil feeling very sick but the doctor says that i don't have anything. Is it too early to test for std's?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2008, 02:41:15 pm »
PCR RNA test is used in conjunction with an antibody tests. Of course it came back negative, you didn't have a risk for HIV.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2008, 05:05:43 pm »
ch,

You didn't have a low risk, you had NO RISK!

I'm giving you that time out I warned you about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline chps

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 01:01:36 am »
It's been 2 months since the last time i wrote to you. I haven't had any sex since then but 3 weeks ago I had an experience that made me feel concern. I went to a strip club and while the girl was giving me a private dance she sat on my face while pulling her thong aside. I played her game and licked her vagina all around the clit area. She was wet and early that day I accidentally bite my lip while eating. I read that those vaginal fluids when a woman is sexually excited are different from those inside the vagina where hiv can be found. Could you help me with this? I think I had no risk but I'm confused because about 2 weeks later I had some weird symptoms never experienced before related to hiv. I know this doesn't mean anything but this is why I'm posting again. What do you think? 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 04:58:11 am »
ch,

Going down on a woman is not a risk for hiv infection - not even when you've recently bitten your lip.

See your doctor about your weird symptoms. This is not an hiv situation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline chps

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2008, 04:29:19 am »
I hope you can give some advise because I want to play safe and I still have some doubts. I learned that cunnilungus and fingering were theoretical risks but what about all that fluid? Isn't infectious? Can't get to the cervical fluids with the fingers or can they get to the exterior?I just want to know how to play safe while having protected intercourse.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2008, 04:57:32 am »
You play safe by having protected intercourse, anal and vaginal that is.

Cunnilingus is not a risk for transmission.

MtD

Offline chps

Fingering
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2008, 11:50:04 pm »
I'm a male and had protected oral sex with a female. My concern is that I fingered her and I'm not sure if I had any cuts,nicks,scrapes,bruises. I heard that there is no risk but why if the fingers were sometimes inside of her vagina just like a penis would be without protection?Isn't the same risk if there is a small cut?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2008, 04:07:15 am »
Seek professional mental help dealing with your HIV phobias. Take the time to read the lessons on transmission. You can find the link in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2008, 07:31:46 am »
chps,

You've been coming here long enough now to know that fingering is not a risk for hiv infection. Never has been, never will be. Not one person has ever been infected this way and you won't be the first.

If you keep coming back with this latest fingering scenario, you'll be given a time out. Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.