Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:26:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 221
Total: 221

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: On Complera and now undetectable!  (Read 2834 times)

Offline le_liseur

On Complera and now undetectable!
« on: December 17, 2013, 12:47:12 pm »
Hi everybody!

Maybe this can be helpful to some people thinking about starting their meds and worrying about it, and looking for other's experiences with Complera.

I started to take Complera on July 1st (2013). My VL was around 16,000 copies and my CD4 count at around 850 (lowest I've been was around 700, highest around 1,100). My doctor advised me to start treatment when I feel ready and can durably afford it, for long-term reasons (inflammation) and, as a side reason, because I'm in a steady relationship with my boyfriend, tho we do use protection for anal sex.

I had no side-effects 'at all', for which I am very grateful. I simple take the pills when having breakfast, and while it's usually around 9AM, it can be anywhere between 6AM to even 1PM or 2PM depending on my schedule.

I had my first lab test in the Fall, and my VL was around 250 copies, which was already great news ! CD4 were the same.

I had another lab test recently, and learned that my VL is not undetectable, with the same amount of CD4. :) Really happy about it!

So for those unsure about starting treatment, I'd say go for it, even if you're still above 500 CD4. I may be wrong, but I think it will be easier if you start when things are doing fine than if you start when you have no other choice. Modern treatments are not poison, they'll simply help you keep a normal life, especially in the long, long run that life is. ;)

Cheers!

Offline eric48

• Standard
Re: On Complera and now undetectable!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 04:19:06 pm »
COOOOL

Cheers Eric
NVP/ABC/3TC/... UD ; CD4 > 900; CD4/CD8 ~ 1.5   stock : 6 months (2013: FOTO= 5d. ON 2d. OFF ; 2014: Clin. Trial NCT02157311 = 4days ON, 3days OFF ; 2015: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02157311 ; 2016: use of granted patent US9101633, 3 days ON, 4days OFF; 2017: added TDF, so NVP/TDF/ABC/3TC, once weekly

Offline le_liseur

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 12:35:02 am »
It is indeed! :)

I also switched to another doctor who is very kind and who takes all the time needed to answer my questions, do the right check-ups, etc. He also gets to see my boyfriend for his routine tests every 4 to 6 months.

Also got to tell my mom about my diagnosis in the past year, so it feels really good. In a weird way, I end up not having any negative feelings when I remember myself I'm HIV positive. I'll say I'm lucky to live in a time and a place where/when it's now possible to live a normal life even with HIV, without forgetting how deadly it was and could still be.

Offline JungleJungle

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 05:58:09 am »
I also started Complera just 27 days ago...i feel good, can't complain about any side effects and i feel confident i will be soon undetectable too!
You need coolin', baby, I'm not foolin',
I'm gonna send you back to schoolin',
Way down inside honey, you need it,
I'm gonna give you my love,
I'm gonna give you my love.

Offline le_liseur

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 12:57:03 pm »
I also started Complera just 27 days ago...i feel good, can't complain about any side effects and i feel confident i will be soon undetectable too!

That's cool! :)

Do you know what your VL was when you started? It will go down and be undetectable soon, I'm sure. :)

To me, one weird benefit of taking Complera is the diet part. Since you have to take it with a real meal, and I thought it was more convenient to take it in the morning, it makes me eat much better for breakfast, instead of just a coffee and a muffin very fast before going to work... This also helps to feel good the rest of the day. :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.