Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:57:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 209
Total: 209

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: World AIDS Day Request, PLEASE.  (Read 8187 times)

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
World AIDS Day Request, PLEASE.
« on: November 12, 2008, 11:26:20 am »
It has occured to me in the past to share messages from all of the members here, which have a totally urgent impact on World AIDS Day events, and in the years I have requested messages from you guys; the responses are literally earthshaking to the audience.

This year is a whole lot different than in past years, and a lady minister has been the driving force in this year's celebrations.  We are going to meet in Bisbee, http://www.bisbeepride.com/default.htm and I thought I would ask again if many of you would send a message to our very interesting community here by the southern border of the country.  By the way, click on the "Links" to find the "City" page so you can see the wonderful photos of this 1800's mining town of the west that hasn't yet decided to become a ghost town.http://www.cityofbisbee.com/

Any messages you will give here will not connect you in person, mostly because I don't know most of you.  Those that want their name included, just say so.  I would love to hear from the women also, but all messages are of importance and I value your generousity in sharing what HIV means in your life.  Those of you who are new to HIV, this is your time to share some of your experiences so far and let some of the people in this crowd know just how much this disease impacts your life.

I can assure you that your messages will be given, because the organizing committee has asked me to deliver the speech for the night.  We will be having a walk down the main street, and then be gathering from six to seven to light candles and listen to me give your messages and also a background on the history of WAD. 

Thanks so very much for your participation and I look forward to hearing from many of you from around the globe.  some of you will think that I already did this three years ago, but I am requesting all new and current messages because this audience is far more receptive than those of the past.

Love you All and thanks ahead of time.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 11:28:17 am by Moffie65 »
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Oceanbeach

Re: World AIDS Day Request, PLEASE.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 12:52:45 pm »
Dear Moffie,

I remember you doing this the first year I was a member of these Forums, I sent a message which was delivered and read by people from the church and the response was good.  Thank you ever so...

Doctor says, I will live to see old age and to expect to live to 85 and die of a heart attack instead of AIDS.  Here in Sonoma County, many restaurants offer 10% of the monies received on World AIDS Day to Food for Thought, Sonoma Counties AIDS Food Bank, an organization which has helped many and lost so much support in the Ryan White Modernization Act.  Also, this is the first year in 12 of living with AIDs, I am not alone 24/7, I'm taking the special person to dinner on December 1st.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 05:34:00 pm »
Thanks Michael.  I know Food for Thought has saved many from starvation and given hope to many suffering over the years from this disease.

You can be sure I will pass your thoughts on to these people. 

Thank you for participating.
Lynn Lavne

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 12:20:42 pm »
Daddy Tim,

One of the disadvantages I feel living in this area (northwest Indiana) is that there are no other HIV+ women I can talk to or share things with.  I know there are others in the area, but they're just too scared to "come out."  They're scared of the stigma that this town puts on people, especially women, living with this virus ("what did they do to get it?").  We all know, it doesn't matter how one becomes infected.  But some people still want to focus on that. 

Another bit of information I found out yesterday via my care coordinator at the ASO is that, from now on, bus passes and food vouchers to a local grocery store can only be had by homeless people, people immediately threatened with homelessness, or people living in the ASO's housing project.  This means that the rest of us, who have shelter but have to face the rising cost of food etc. are no longer "qualified" via the state's guidelines to receive these.  It's due to government cut back on HIV services.  This makes me wonder what the future holds.  I'm hoping with the new administration, something can be done to help those of us who may fall through the cracks.

I am a bit more hopeful about my own future.  I'm almost done with college.  I never thought, being diagnosed back in 1989, that I would ever live this long.  I enjoy my grandchildren and am extremely grateful I get to be in their lives, and they in mine.  I've learned many things during this journey, and maybe one of the biggest is to never take for granted the people in our lives.  Time takes them from us eventually, and I want to have as good a relationship I possibly can while they're around.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 01:49:22 pm »
Wow, Kisses on your openings!

Your message will be well received, and probably bring tears to some eyes, like my own.

As for your conundrum with the director of the ASO, my suggestion is to push for involvement in the recreation of Ryan White.  As you can see from Obama's HIV policy statement; he is full on dedicated to revamping "Domestic" HIV/AIDS current policies, so we need to seek out planning meetings to attend statewide because now is the time that our voices have been asked for.  The law requires our input and participation, so we gotta go.  I am going to the first planning session for RW Part B in Tucson next week, so we've already started.  This kind of action also inspires hope in ourselves also.  :)

Thanks love.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Iggy

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 10:23:34 pm »
Thank you , Tim for this invitation to participate.

I need some time to prepare it and I'm going to try to write something for you and post in the next day or two.

Offline peregrine

• I live in the fire & I extinguish it!
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 01:52:48 pm »
Here is my message, Tim.
I am not sure if this is what you were looking for, lol...but here goes!
I'm a lady almost half a century old and was recently diagnosed HIV-positive.  How does this disease impact my life?  Well, my vision of my future has changed.  I've become more concerned with my health and my ability to remain healthy.  I've decided that this virus is not going to ruin my life, on the contrary, I may live longer because of it, since I'll be getting regular health care to avert problems before they start.  My partner of a year-and-a-half also has this illness.  He was diagnosed after an obstinate herpes outbreak. I'm glad we have each other because this would be more difficult to have to go through alone. The stigma and ignorance surrounding this disease is constantly challenging yet I feel confident to go forth.  I am in good company with all the other HIV warriors.  I am not a victim, I am a fighter, as you can tell by my motto, "I live in the fire, and I extinguish it!" 
I am very optimistic that a cure will be found.  I believe a cure is the bottom line; this is what we must work towards and we must not become complacent about it, no matter how good the medications work.  We must eradicate this disease. 
However, while I am still waiting for a cure, I am obligated to handle this infection responsibly, taking care not to spread it to any other person, EVEN IF THEY ARE WILLING TO TAKE THE RISK!   
My love and prayers to all of you.
Peregrine

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 08:35:00 pm »
I want to explain more how this will work. 

When the clock hits six o'clock, a large candle will be lit, and a 10' high red ribbon, right in the middle of  town square.  Then we go to an assembly hall around the corner, and the main candle will be placed in the middle of a circle of all in attendance.  Votive candles will be passed out and your messages will be given out amongst the crowd for a person other than myself to read to the group.  Then all the votives will be placed around the large main candle and while our meeting is happening there will be speakers and so on for about an hour.

You see, in the first World AIDS Day Observances, the first candles would be lit at six in the evening, and burn till seven o'clock in the Pacific Islands, and other countries as the day progressed around globe.  So there were candles burning in every time zone for a full 24 hours.  We will be doing this to continue the tradition started by People Living With HIV/AIDS back in the late 1980"s.  It would really be neat if all of you who are part of this community would light a candle in your time zone at 6PM and put it out at 7PM.  The lighting is to memorialize our friends who have passed, and the snuffing is significant of getting rid of HIV from the globe. 

I thank all of you who have responded, both by PM and posting in this thread.  You have no idea how impactful your short messages are, and how much they touch the hearts of people who might never have thought about HIV in their community.

Lynn Lavne

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 09:17:57 pm »
Dear Daddy Tim,

Sometimes I am truly amazed how I was able to survive after receiving a diagnosis going on 24 years ago. But I have grown so much and have learned to appreciate everything and everyone in my life, (including the people that have been a source of pain and strife)

Right now I can only come up with a poem I was given some time ago. It has been a source of meditation for me, a reminder of hope for me and even a theme of an arts grant that I was awarded.

If each day falls
                  inside each night

There exists a well
                  where clarity is imprisoned

We need to sit on the rim of darkness
                  and fish for fallen light
                                     with patience
(Pablo Neruda)

love,
Sharkie

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 10:34:17 pm »
I stand here, purely and soundly, because I stand on the dust of the fallen, the bones of those before me.

Greater men and women, who through suffering and pain and voluntary martyrdom, gave of themselves, sometimes all of themselves, so that people like myself can walk the streets.

The Denver Principles are as important to my health as the Durban Declaration. And those affected and infected with HIV should know what both of those are. I am alive thanks to both, and I cannot express adequate gratitude,

My name is Jonathan Kivett, and I am not afraid nor ashamed. I am a survivor. I am a real flesh and blood person. I am alive today. Thanks to the advancements in medical care, I have the energy to get frustrated with ignorance. Thanks to the meds, I have the strength to be angry at intolerance.

Thanks to the combined wisdom of those whose struggles predate my own, I have the will to continue. But I do not pretend that I am walking on the earth. I am walking on the ashes of heroes. We all are. And the moment we forget that, we begin to die.

You can use that how and if you want, Tim. Yours are two of the shoulders on which I stand, and you are one of the heroes of which I speak. You and Mark and Alan and all those who know and/or recall the true horror and hell of AIDS, yet manage to lift others up with strength you have every right to hoard.

Thanks will never be enough. I only hope I live long enough to make the time worthwhile, to make your sacrifices, and those who have fallen, worth my weight on their bones.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 12:56:31 pm »
Thank you Jonathan, you always touch me with your well chosen words and thoughts.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 12:54:44 pm »
Dearest Tim,

Here is my message and thank you for your eternal support of the HIV community.

My name is Joe Killfoile and for 24 years, I have been a Person Living With AIDS.  I tested positive in 1985, when HIV was killing everyone it touched and society was unprepared and unwilling to acknowledge the devastating impact of HIV and AIDS.  Services for the HIV community were sparse and we had to fight to attain even the most basic of services.  As if staying alive was not enough of a challenge, we remain vilified and demonized for being HIV positive.  Three decades with HIV and the world has begun to see the widespread devastation that HIV can bring, yet they still refuse to provide the care, so that we may survive.

People with HIV remain the most stigmatized group in America.  The price of that stigma, is evident everywhere, as PLWAs are left with little income and meager services to treat their infection.  The price of everything has risen dramatically, yet funding for HIV services has remained flat for the past eight years.  PLWAs have died, as a direct result of very limited state ADAP and Ryan White programs.  At times, I wonder what has happened in America, when positive people, are denied life saving medication, because there is not enough money.   Never could I imagine that someone’s life, could simply cost too much, but it appears concerning HIV, that is acceptable collateral damage.

On this most special day, my wish remains simple.  I beg all of you, to do whatever you can to alleviate the suffering in the HIV community.  Help us remove the stigma surrounding HIV and replace it with compassion and empathy.  Help us by becoming advocates for the treatment and prevention services, which are so necessary, if we are ever to halt the increase in HIV infection rates and provide appropriate treatment to all of those infected with HIV.  Help us to secure the funding we need, so that PLWAs can live and thrive with HIV and so we may remain a part of our own communities.   Help us, please.  We cannot do this alone, and in America, we should not have to.

(Jonathan, you have not needed to stand on anyone’s shoulders, for a very long time.)

edited for a little fine tuning.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 01:46:43 pm by killfoile »

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 03:27:24 pm »
Joe, I know you know this is no glib response, but your words literally warmed my heart.  Those who will hear this message and I are grateful, and we thank you.
Lynn Lavne

Offline weasel

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 03:37:39 am »
 My name is Karl . I live in South East Missouri .( Poplar Bluff )
  Here on December first there will be no open recognition of AIDS Day !
    It is much too dangerous a thought for the "powers that be" to put anyone
 in a position of being a standing target amongst the HATE and fear of HIV / AIDS .

When I first realized WE would have no vigil here I was hurt and angry !
 Then it came to me why .

The " powers that be " ARE protecting us from the evil that resides in this part of America !

I have lived through the horror of the 1980's , I have lost almost every friend I have ever had .
These lives lost have left a huge void in my life .

Myself ?, I am doing well . HAART works well for me . i will live a long time .
 But the quality of life is now gone . It will not return until the general public decides
that HIV is not from the Devil below ,but a disease , as many other era's of our past have
survived and progressed to find a cure .
 Fear makes many people in this area hide !, and i have to agree ,I am one of those people .
Life has become a struggle and with no support of a local  group ,often life seems hopeless .

I pray that all of us that made it through the worst Pandemic in my lifetime have done so
to make a difference to the future of our great World .

I will be lighting my own candle and pray for all those lost souls ,may GOD bless them all .
" Live and let Live "

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 08:22:37 am »
Karl,  Though most of your posts here don't display any literary quality, this one on the other hand, proves you are capable of writing, so I really thank you for your contribution and it will be appreciated that evening.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Ellecram

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 10:26:06 pm »
I contributed something a few years back about my brother - the message had something to do with what HIV had taken from me and my family. I recall writing something about how we used to play togetheras dressed up nuns singing Dominique with abandon.
This is the year that my brother died and I want to write something to commemorate his struggle. His struggles were my struggles and I cannot believe he is gone. So I will take some time to cobble together a message to be read. Thank you so much for the invitation to do this. 

Elle

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 10:52:34 am »
Thanks so much Elle.

I have received several messages via PM, and I am so grateful to all who have responeded in both ways.  I tell you, I was reading one of the messages to a friend on the organizing committee for this day last night, and he was left in tears.  You all really need to understand how important and how impactful your messages are to the people who will be in attendance.

Thanks once again.
Lynn Lavne

Offline MarcoPoz

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 01:52:53 pm »
Tim,

If I could say what I truly feel to people gathered at a World AIDS Day event, I'd say this:

July 13, 1991 a military physician told me I had HIV and would most likely "pass from its complications in 3-5 years".

I was 25 years old and just finished a whirlwind relationship with a rich and beautiful fashion model who showed me a part of life I thought that farm boys like me only saw in magazines.  Every minute with her was like riding a motorcycle naked, blindfolded over a roller coaster course.  She was exhilarating, fun and very passionate.

What she wasn't, was altogether honest.  I didn't find out that she injected drugs until after I became HIV positive.  I didn't find out that she shared injection equipment with a man who was also her boyfriend and 'manager' and that he had been 'sick' for the last year.  The purple patches on his stomach were KS lesions.  I didn't know what KS was until after I was positive.  I didn't know that my beautiful, sexy , frenetic model girlfriend was HIV positive who passed HIV and another STD to me through unprotected sex..

But mostly what I didn't know was...my hunger for love and acceptance had always lead me to a place where so much would be readily risked for that one sublime moment that 'felt' like true and honest love.  That moment where I actually liked who I was, because I saw the "me' I wanted to be reflected in another's eyes.

December 1, 2008--I am still alive...and now more than just existing.  Gone are the terrible times of anger, stigma, losing friends and family.  All those who hated me because of this disease are not out of my life.  I have a new family with new friends now.

I ache...I am at times numbed by fear...I have moments of self loathing...but I also have learned.

I've learned that I could be brave enough to become the man I always wanted to be.  I am a loving husband, committed friend, caring uncle, rapid activist, passionate lover, creative cook, sensitive artist and dedicated athlete--and these are just the parts of me that were revealed this week ;-)

I can live to fullfill my potential and maybe also serve as a reminder of the potential we have lost to this virus.

If you are listening this World AIDS Day...how courageous can YOU be?  Can YOU help end the stigma we face?  Can YOU stand up against sexism, racism, homophobia and the rest of the xenophobic excuses we use to keep ourselves from truly connecting to each other's souls--simply because we are too afraid to risk?

Be brave...be loved.   

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2008, 11:55:29 am »
Marco, from my heart, I truly thank you for this one.  This event will be held about 6 miles from Naco, a border crossing from Mexico, so needless to say, your words will fly internationally.

You have touched my heart, and in turn will touch others.  Be sure of that.

Love,
Tim.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Afreerangelife

• The Ramblings
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2008, 07:17:45 am »
In  the UK Worlds AIDS Day is still seen as any important date in the calendar however over the years the message is getting hard to get out there. Most events turn into fundraisers for local HIV charities. Most people attending these events are already aware of the issues.

I remember that days of very public vigils, lists of names being read out and candles being lit. The feelings of senseless loss and the helplessness that people felt in being able to stop this infection.

I stood with others, my whole body screaming out, in pain for those I loved and lost to this infection.  Tears for my own life, diagnosed at 22. A terrible secret that I could share with no one, waiting to die.

Yet here I stand looking towards World AIDS Day 2008, still very much alive, still HIV, but filled with hope of a long life thanks to treatments.  I remember those lost along the way, friends and lovers. I do this everyday, not just for one day of the year.

I am grateful that I am still here,

I am grateful that I have access to free treatments and care.

I am grateful that I am here for another Worlds AIDS Day.

Remember HIV is not just for World AIDS Day, its for life
''I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability'' - Oscar Wilde

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2008, 09:29:28 am »
Freerange, I see you are new to our AM family, so welcome.  I really appreciate your message, and will certainly pass it on.  Thanks so very much, and I hope you will enjoy this forum in the future.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 11:37:44 am »
I am really curious now.

I have been researching the beginning of World AIDS Day, and I was under the distinct impression that there were a few activists that started this day of rememberance in either San Francisco or New York, but every place I find that documents this day says that it was created by the World Health Organization in 1988.  Like many things that happened in the early days of this epidemic in the United States; they were started by people just like you and me, and then taken over by larger organizations that stated that it was their idea. 

Is there anyone reading this that can confirm the early history either way?  I would be so grateful if someone would post an answer to my question.

Thanks again for your generosity so far in this thread.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Afreerangelife

• The Ramblings
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 01:04:06 pm »
THE HISTORY OF RED RIBBON

The Red Ribbon is the global symbol for solidarity with HIV positive and people living with AIDS and it unites the people in the common fight against this disease

The Red Ribbon is:

Red like love, as a symbol of passion and tolerance towards those affected.

Red like blood, representing the pain caused by the many people that died of AIDS.

Red like the anger about the helplessness by which we are facing a disease for which there is still no chance for a cure.

Red as a sign of warning not to carelessly ignore one of the biggest problems of our time.

In early 1991 Visual AIDS in New York created the idea for a global symbol in the fight against AIDS. A symbol for solidarity and tolerance with those often discriminated by the public - the people living with HIV and AIDS. In the style of the yellow ribbons, which were popular in the USA at the time as a symbol for awareness of those soldiers fighting in the gulf war, the Red Ribbon was born.

Following first events in the New York art scene, Visual AIDS soon was aiming at the Tony Award. In a spontaneous campaign, volunteers sent letters and Red Ribbons to all attendees. Unfortunately, movie actor Jeremy Irons was one of the very few celebrities wearing the Red Ribbon that night. The TV audience was not informed about the meaning of the new symbol.

Nowadays, almost everybody in the USA is aware about the Red Ribbon or even owns one himself. The symbol first came to Europe on Easter Monday in 1992, when more than 100.000 Red Ribbons were distributed during the Freddie Mercury AIDS Awareness Tribute Concert at London's Wembley stadium. More than 1 billion people in more than 70 countries worldwide watched the show on television.
That same day, Red Ribbon International in London was founded,   

http://www.worldaidsday.org/]http://www.worldaidsday.org/[/url]

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:05:41 pm by Afreerangelife »
''I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability'' - Oscar Wilde

Offline Ellecram

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2008, 01:13:16 am »
Here is a short message I want to submit if it is not too late - if not, it can be for next year. My recent tragedies have been taking the energy from me.

My brother Matt lived for many years with AIDS. I believe he was diagnosed in 1991 and, despite a destructive lifestyle, he thrived. He loved to cook, dance, and sing. He was 47 in June.

His voice is quiet now and his stove is cold. 

This year was his last. His final months were lived in a nursing home in sheer agony following a botched suicide attempt. During those months he lived with awareness but could not do the simplest things on his own - like eating or combing his hair. He was totally dependent on everyone else. His suffering was unimaginable.
I spent the last night at the hospital with him when we knew his time was near and he was able to ask for forgiveness. Of course I forgave him. I loved him and devoted so much of my time and energy trying to keep him alive, kindling hope, taking care of the things he could never seem to manage on the best of days.
About a month before he died, I lost my only child, a son who only lived for 25 short years.
I never had the chance to have any last words with him, no goodbyes, no vigil over the final moments.

To those of you who have family members who have hurt you, perhaps this can be a time to reconnect and forgive, if even a little bit. It's not easy to do - believe me, Matt hurt all of his family members on many different levels, some of which I am still trying to sort out.

But I had the chance to tell him I loved him one last time before the lights went out.
I like to think that was his last gift to me - forgiveness. I'd just like to pass it on to whoever feels they might need it.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 01:16:03 am by Ellecram »

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2008, 11:26:20 am »
Wow, it came off without a hitch, and made the front page of the local paper.
http://www.svherald.com/articles/2008/12/02/news/doc4934ee6ba48c4224458323.txt

I want to thank all of you who participated, because the messages you sent were the heart of the event, and moved people beyond what you might have thought.

Here are some photos.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lynn Lavne

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
Re: World AIDS Day Bisbee, Update.
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2008, 11:33:50 am »
There were 47 in attendance, the most ever. 

and some more.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lynn Lavne

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2008, 12:05:55 pm »
thanks for the update, link and pix, Tim.
Though it reminds me of the recent Hospice Memorial that I attended for Jim, it looks like it was a nice service. And hopefully that write-up in the paper will keep the issue in the minds of your local residents. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2008, 08:43:05 pm »
That was a great newspaper article, Daddy T (and great pictures).  You did a really good thing.  Thank you. :-*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Ellecram

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2008, 06:26:47 pm »
Many thanks for giving us the opportunity to participate and keeping us updated.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.