Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:28:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 267
Total: 267

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: She-male maybe HIV  (Read 18528 times)

Offline etops2010

She-male maybe HIV
« on: March 23, 2010, 09:58:54 pm »
I have so many conflicting reports on oral sex--I know this is an HIV site--an STD question may slip in here and there--hopefully someone would be polite to respond. HIV I hear No risk--call local STD hotline--where counselors that answer sometimes do testing--Some say NO RISK--some say MINIMAL--etc--Frottage---I rubbed my penis ahead against an anus--some say Chlamydia risk--(I already know about the skin to skin) others say no risk for anything really--Oral some sites list everything and would make me think if oral was this risky--our public health clinics would shut down from lack of resources...But they say risk--

I recently had a guy perform oral on me--been curious lately--I dont know--I like BJ's. Met a girl--had not had unprotected sex (myself) before her---shes been jaded--and single with a daughter for 3 years--not saying unprotected sex with her isnt risky--but--I was comfortable with the risk--after lengthy conversations about sexual history--She works in a hospital--not that this matters--

So my only exposure since last tested--was oral--recently she had a fever--doc at her job said hey lets run test--did something called a dipstick--there it was blood in urine and white blood cell count--DOC said--oh since its been 3 years--probably a UTI---She brings these dipsticks home--I pee on them --no WBC count for me nor blood in urine--

My question is --why some STD clinics have told me --even syphilis in many cases is still not that common through oral sex--(not impossible) just not that common. HIV zero nada zip zilch--and chlamydia--I watched an infectious disease doctor on a video say it just doesnt happen--mouth isnt a place for effective transmission of most or any std's --PRIMARY ONES BEING GHONORREAH AND HERPES--

So how many times after every blow job should I get tested here--I know this is not an STD site--but many have been in this field and are well rounded--please just help me out--like giving me a free condom--think of it as that ;D

Offline etops2010

Re: Dizzy
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 10:01:03 pm »
Guess what I am asking--could I have given her chlamydia? That would suck--NO PUN--from a few brief blow jobs?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 10:06:20 pm »
Whether you like it or not, this is an HIV-specific website. Period. If I am reading what you have reported correctly, the only unprotected sex you have had is receiving oral. That is absolutely not a risk for HIV.

The only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Everything else sexual is only theoretically risky. Other STDs are much easier to acquire and to transmit than HIV. So if you are sexually active it's a good idea to regularly have a full STD panel done. That means at least once a year and more frequently if you are having any symptoms such as dripping from your penis, etc.

As long as you haven't had unprotected intercourse then I don't see any need for HIV testing. 
Andy Velez

Offline etops2010

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 10:19:35 pm »
 :'( thanks sorry to waste your time---I already know the risk for HIV and oral--I just cant find a reputable site for anything else.

Offline etops2010

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 11:00:04 pm »
it was performed on me...have i briefly inserted quickly--yes--but never for more than a milisecond--oral health isnt great but i never performed oral extensively on anyone--I mean milisecond--also--does using a dildo put me at risk--once i had a pro--use one on me--i asked for a condom on it--dont know if it was on thought i heard her tear something--maybe lube or condom---had someone try and penetrate me once and i resisted--condom was on cause he took it off to masturbate himself---are these risks--? now im sh!tting bricks--as fr oral--when i have performed they were fully protected... maybe im unlucky--who knows now i cat sleep

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 11:01:39 pm »
You have never had an exposure.

Offline etops2010

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 11:02:50 pm »
Again on two occassions i quickly inserted in mouth and removed --am i at risk? see the conflicting info? i mean quickly milisecnd

Offline etops2010

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 11:04:11 pm »
so tplmc1964 is a well documented case? is he in the medical journals?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 11:12:39 pm »
Etops,

Just because a person believes he or she was infected with HIV in a particular manner, doesn't mean it is necessarily what happened.

Please don't let Tim's well intentioned but unfortunate intervention in your thread distract you from the good advice you have received from Andy and Rod.

MtD

Offline etops2010

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 11:47:02 pm »
Matty--i have seen you be helpful in the past with some STD question--a director at an HIV clinic told me chances if getting an STD like chlamydia while being performed on is not likely--that oral no matter what STD is not efficient means of transmission--Even syphilis though it does happen--is rare orally--this guy nuts? Or on point?

Tmplc64 I never performed full on oral sex on any man without a condom--I may have quickly inserted--and made sure there was no precum--I never deep throated unprotected or came close--I have had it done to me--so now will this be likely? Matty you seem pretty liberal and open--experienced--I trust no other site

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 11:51:55 pm »
Matty--i have seen you be helpful in the past with some STD question--a director at an HIV clinic told me chances if getting an STD like chlamydia while being performed on is not likely--that oral no matter what STD is not efficient means of transmission--Even syphilis though it does happen--is rare orally--this guy nuts? Or on point?

Tmplc64 I never performed full on oral sex on any man without a condom--I may have quickly inserted--and made sure there was no precum--I never deep throated unprotected or came close--I have had it done to me--so now will this be likely? Matty you seem pretty liberal and open--experienced--I trust no other site

We are an HIV specific site but I can tell you that bacterial infections such as chlamydia, gonorrhoea and syphilis can all be transmitted via unprotected oral sex either receptively or insertively.

It is true that oro-pharyngeal chlamydia is less common than either gonorrhoea or syphilis transmitted in this way. Amongst homosexual men, oral transmission of syphilis is not uncommon.

If you have other questions about STDs I suggest you take them up with a clinician other than the one you've been seeing at that clinic.

MtD

Offline etops2010

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 07:41:33 pm »
I dont know why I have been playing both sides of the field lately--I blame being tipsy and using cocaine at times--even still--I know for certain I will never fully engage in penetrative sex unprotected--

Since I am alert and aware I am under the influence when I play with men--I tend to tell myself --what if you didnt notice this or that because you were high? even though in my rational thought I can remember clearly nothing happened--

I have been visiting a bathhouse--mostly walking around watching etc--once incident that is a blurr is a busted nail on my foot--I dont know if it happened there--but there was blood and my nail was busted--I have stept on semen--and read on a site called "ask the POZ guy" that HIV not living out of the body is a myth and its still infectious--I have stepped in semen--and I have had guys catch me off guard and place their wet hands on my penis and sometimes while masturbating with other guys they have touch my anus--and I did not let them in but their fingers were wet--could I catch HIV this way or anything else.?---I guess Im finally letting all my risks out there--

I was told by a DR that homosexual sex protected --safer or safe will eventually lead to an STD--or HIV

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 07:42:54 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline etops2010

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 07:45:41 pm »
The cocaine makes me EXTRA alert---even though it makes me horny---I remember it all--but like once I had a guy rubbing his penis against my anus--protected--I remember him trying to get in--I never did that and wouldnt allow it--i turned around--performed oral---condom still on he did it again--and I clearly remember him basically snapping it off to finsish masturbating--but in my head I tell myself--what if thats what I wish happened and something else did etc.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2010, 09:45:25 am »
And the point of your comments is?  Speculating about "what ifs" is not helpful.  So far nothing you have reported put you at risk for HIV transmission.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 11:32:12 am »
I dont know why I have been playing both sides of the field lately--I blame being tipsy and using cocaine at times--even still--I know for certain I will never fully engage in penetrative sex unprotected--

Since I am alert and aware I am under the influence when I play with men--I tend to tell myself --what if you didnt notice this or that because you were high? even though in my rational thought I can remember clearly nothing happened--

I have been visiting a bathhouse--mostly walking around watching etc--once incident that is a blurr is a busted nail on my foot--I dont know if it happened there--but there was blood and my nail was busted--I have stept on semen--and read on a site called "ask the POZ guy" that HIV not living out of the body is a myth and its still infectious--I have stepped in semen--and I have had guys catch me off guard and place their wet hands on my penis and sometimes while masturbating with other guys they have touch my anus--and I did not let them in but their fingers were wet--could I catch HIV this way or anything else.?---I guess Im finally letting all my risks out there--

I was told by a DR that homosexual sex protected --safer or safe will eventually lead to an STD--or HIV

Etops,

Maybe you're playing both sides because you're bisexual. Nothing wrong with that - I'm bi myself. Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!!!

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted during UNPROTECTED anal or vaginal INTERCOURSE. Once hiv finds itself outside the human body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect.

For this reason, you will NOT become infected through stepping on semen lying on the floor of a bathhouse, bloody toe or no bloody toe. Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!!!

Just because a person is a doctor doesn't mean that they aren't homophobic or that they aren't prejudiced towards people who have hiv. It sounds to me like the doctor you spoke to is homophobic and probably also is prejudiced against hiv as well.

It is no more inevitable that a gay man will become infected with hiv or other STIs than it is inevitable that a straight man will. It's not who you are or who you have sex with, it's HOW you have sex. Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!!!

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline etops2010

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2010, 01:33:35 pm »
Thanks for all your help --Ann and Andy I read your bios and was very impressed--Ann the Isle of Mann seems amazing and the Bee Gees apparently are from therie or were raised there ;) Andy very impressive literary work and as latin male you have accomplished a lot. I am cuban.

Offline etops2010

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 10:02:12 pm »
My GF went in for her annual on Wed and the Dr said results would be ready by Monday--I have read the elisa doesnt take long to do--its the WB that takes forever. However her DR told her today that the lab would have called back already if POZ. They may just be taking their time with sending results, but that they dont usually sit on results of that nature--I thought today would be the day she got her results--but now I am in panic mode...thnking maybe something is wrong--I cant focus on my homework--and fearing the worst----If both test were done in the Lab wouldnt they just run the WB right away? Is it 3 days to get a neg result or does this delay mean bad news? I mean they had Wed thu and fri and today monday to send results--her doc said--the test doesnt take this long and if something was wrong or any red flags the lab would have notified the office--and not to worry---

Offline etops2010

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 11:52:56 pm »
I am having a mental breakdown--I know the reason they are taking long is because they had to confirm it--no other reason--the facility is in the hospital...

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 11:57:13 pm »
Confirm what? From what you've told us, you and your GF are not at risk of HIV infection. It follows therefore that any test you two have will return negative results.

MtD

Offline etops2010

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 12:03:48 am »
Could the delay mean a false positive? What if she cheated or did something? who knows---I have read online that if it takes longer than the DR stated for results then its usually positive--is this true? Do they do it all at once in the lab? Is her doctor being accurate in stating the lab would call and a positive result wouldnt take this many days--its just a lab delay---

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 12:26:12 am »
Or maybe the lab is busy and it's taking a while.

Seriously, chill out.

MtD

Offline etops2010

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 12:33:00 am »
Thanks matty, but I know if my assumptions were wrong you would have said so--youre trying to keep me from flipping out--but I am in shock--how could I have been so careful and yet so dumb?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 12:41:46 am »
Thanks matty, but I know if my assumptions were wrong you would have said so--youre trying to keep me from flipping out--but I am in shock--how could I have been so careful and yet so dumb?

I couldn't care less if you flip out. Whether or not you have a nervous breakdown over some non-risk situation is a matter of supreme indifference to me.

You asked a question and I've answered it. I don't know why the lab results are delayed. In my experience there is usually a mundane, ordinary reason for such things such as they're really busy testing samples from people who think they've been exposed to HIV but in reality have not.

Whatever. Your GF will get her results when they're available. Until then, try to use your time doing something useful, rather than panicking. Please be aware that you will not be permitted to use these forums to obsess about non-risk situations.

MtD

Offline etops2010

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 01:01:43 am »
I had a condom break in November but after consulting with local HIV clinics in Chicago---I was told it was slim to nil that I got HIV--I still talk to the girl this happened with and she recently stated she got tested---and is fine--Funny is that my GF recently got a fever of 101 for 24 hours--I was afraid it was ARS--and then she had her annual...

Maybe these clinics were wrong--the director at the testing site told me to move on and not worry about HIV--I had just been tested weeks before that and was fine--the exposure lasted maybe 3-4 minutes or more before I noticed--that could be the source of HIV...everything else I have written is TRUE and I swear on my grandmother--I wish I knew the process in the lab--

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2010, 09:00:40 am »
You need to focus on other parts of your life while waiting for your result, a result which not incidentally I expect will be negative. And don't bother saying you're too worried to think about other things. I can tell you that response won't fly in here.

HIV is a fragile virus and harder to transmit from female to male than the other way around. We get many reports of broken condoms during intercourse. None of them have ever resulted in  a confirmed transmission of HIV. I don't expect yours to be the first. Stop with the drama. You'll get your result when you get it and I expect it to be negative.
Andy Velez

Offline etops2010

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2010, 11:55:37 pm »
So again I had an encounter with a male..I'm overly cautious tipsy or not..I had him top me for a little bit but no deep or real penetration. I put a condom on him to perform oral and then used eater based lube for him to press up against my anus..I never have bottomed by i enjoy some stimulation. To the facts...I remember reaching under several times and still feeling the condom on his shaft I'd let go from time to time but when he starting to penetrate I'd resist and I'd grab it and put it back near the area..when it did start to hurt a bit I ejaculated and stood up..he sat down and I clearly remember a blue condom...he sat down as if he thought I was going to straddle him or something..but didn't he then stood up took condom off and masturbated. For some reason in my mind I always feel like because inwas tipsy that maybe I imagined it on and it wasn't ...I don't know if it's guilt from hearing you guys say tipsy sex is risky sex...but I go in pretty damn well knowing this and am overly cautious. I even remember picking up the condom to check if it was intact...these many details can't be a figment of my imagination but maybe guilt? Anyway now I feel like maybe I have HIV or because today I strained passing a bowel and it hurt that I have an STD which means the condom was off...he didn't go in maybe the tip and I mean not the head just barely breaking in...i'd remember as a first timer if it were full on..is this irrational? Or does it make sense and i should restest? I know I didn't even blow him without a condom and I can't imagine a trick where someone could take it off and put it on perfect before i turn around..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 12:03:03 am »
If you didn't have unprotected penetration then you didn't have a risk. You would remember if you had penetration.

Offline etops2010

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 12:07:13 am »
I just created these what if scenarios maybe out of guilt? I remeber pressure and it hurt but no way was it penetration i stopped it I remember even the color of the condom and even it still on him.. When he sat down.. But I tell myself what if I imagined that because I was under the influence? I think I have major issues with being bi.. Latin family doesn't help..

Offline etops2010

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2010, 12:08:06 am »
Could he gave slipped it off then on? That quick?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2010, 12:09:32 am »
Seek professional mental help. We can't help you with your guilt issues.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2010, 02:16:20 am »
I think I have major issues with being bi.. Latin family doesn't help..

You think?

Look kid, we sympathise with your situation. Sexuality issues are no small thing, but you have to appreciate that we're not a Gay and Lesbian counselling service. We're an HIV operation and HIV isn't your problem.

Do yourself a favour and arrange some counselling to help you come to terms with your sexual identity. We cannot provide you with that kind of support.

MtD

Offline etops2010

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 12:33:52 pm »
So--its been a while and i know the answers to the questions--I have continued on and off to get oral from men--and once again tried to bottom--and no full penetration--(the person had a condom on) I just dont know why I alway feel as if OMG what if they took it off and then put it back on before I could see--this person basically laughed at me because--I turn over to bottom but resist and resist and they never could fully penetrate. But I always feel like Im doomed afterwards--

Then I have been sexually active with two women since then--one that got tested for me (because of my paranoia I made them paranoid)--she got tested at least 3 times--I went the first and the second time 4 weeks after we slept together--the testet even gave her the actually device to take home--with the single line showing a negative--the 3rd she did on her own---Then again another woman i was dating went and got tested--( I didnt trust the window period but she had condoms and I didnt which means shes a bit more responsible than I am) and she went a few weeks after I did--and the last unprotected encounter she had was over 4 months--(so she states) she took a pic of the test also for me--since that clinic wont give paper results---...But a 3rd woman who i had stopped sleeping with--had surgery for an ovarian cyst--then got walking pneumonia, then soon after taking antibiotics got a fever and sore throat of 102 and 101 for a few days..her WBC count was high--doctor said due to bacterial pneumonia--

I will be tested--but I know that since my last test all my partners with me present had been tested several times---my only fears are those of my male to male encounters--even though protection was used then--but I was on the recieving end and it just makes me paranoid--and all these what if scenarios pop in--am I AT RISK?

Offline etops2010

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 12:36:45 pm »
what I meant to say is i know since my last test which was negative all my partners have tested negative with me present--Even the girl who had surgery had her annual check up when we dated and it had been 4 years since she had been intimate--(being a single parent and school and work kept her busy)

Offline etops2010

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 12:38:16 pm »
Oh and the walking barefoot at a local bathhouse here in chicago--has made me paranoid--I have stepped on semen--I just always create these theortitical scenarios

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2010, 12:49:37 pm »
Man, you could be swimming in semen in a bathhouse and it still wouldn't be a risk. As you have been told a number of times, HIV is a fragile virus. It needs the kind of receptive setting which an unprotected vagina and anus provide to be transmitted successfully.

I do want to point something else to you that is a red flag to me. You repeatedly mention different partners having tested negative. That's all totally irrelevant because some could test negative today but have had an exposure too recently for it to show positive on a test. So whether you are with a woman or a man, the insertive partner always needs to be wearing a condom. No exceptions.

The only time you can safely dispense with condoms is if you are in a securely monogamous relationship in which both partners reliably test negative at the same time. Otherwise condoms are a must everytime. No excpetions.
Andy Velez

Offline etops2010

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2010, 02:26:06 pm »
We were monogamous--there was nobody else. I feel for the most part both girls were honest I dated each for like 3 months but it didnt work out--the one girl who was tested several times has a mom who is HIV positive so --when we realized the next morning what had happened we went and got tested--her last encounter was well within 6-to 12 weeks before me--and by the time she had her last test they all were outside the window period--I specifically went with them--the second girl had condoms herself--and got tested as well because of my paranoia--she had a rapid test done and it was negative---I did not go with her but stayed on the phone with her for her results and she also took a picture of the negative test--her last encounter before me was about 6 weeks and that was protected according to her--and her last unprotected encounter was way over 90days. I just always get this doomed feeling even if all evidence proves other wise...when I had that receptive male encounter --even though I see the condom on and even though I know full on penetration didnt happen--(maybe a quick dip and I resist) and I turn around and their condom is intact--I feel like some way some how--I am in trouble--

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2010, 03:37:39 pm »
There's way too much drama here.

If you had unprotected intercourse, get tested. If you didn't, forget about it.

It's really not a complicated question. And I'll tell you now that we are not here to hold your hand and go back and forth with you every time you have some kind of a sexual experience. If you can't handle being sexually active then get some professional help. We can't address that kind of an issue in this setting. 
Andy Velez

Offline etops2010

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2010, 02:42:14 pm »
So every female partner I have had this year has been tested multiple times in front of me at a rapid test center. I got tested last year and vowed to be safe so to not half to go through it again. I had been in monogomous relationships with them...but things didnt work out. One of my dating requirements is get tested...and then tested again after 6 weeks of meeting.

I have seen all the test--but I am also BI--an I have done somethings with men--but never gave oral without a condom--I got oral without a condom and never displayed symptoms of anything specific--sore--etc--and I look with a fine tooth comb. I am worried about an incident where I attempted to bottom--but the person couldnt get in--and if they did it was maybe an inch--but I know there was a condom--point is they never got in--but I am wondering if the condom came off while the poking and trying was going on..? Recently my GF has had all sorts of ARS type symptoms--fever of 100 and a bad ear infection body aches etc...I have had a cold sore outbreak which hasnt happened in years and im concerned my immune system is telling me something...under my chin I felt a lump--and its very sore now from poking and prodding...

Offline etops2010

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2010, 02:50:56 pm »
And I would like to add that I am always safe-always status--and if we engage in sex without protection its because we are dating and I have sat in the same room with new partners saw their test and have gone back after the window period again. These are not just one offs

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2010, 02:54:42 pm »
Condoms don't jump off your penis and then jump back on. Once they come off they are off.  You didn't have any penetrative sex so you didn't have a risk of contacting HIV. Keep your fingers off your nodes or you will cause them to swell and hurt.

Offline etops2010

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2010, 03:21:35 pm »
I dont know--I am just anxious about her fever--

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2010, 04:28:05 pm »
So every female partner I have had this year has been tested multiple times in front of me at a rapid test center. I got tested last year and vowed to be safe so to not half to go through it again. I had been in monogomous relationships with them...but things didnt work out. One of my dating requirements is get tested...and then tested again after 6 weeks of meeting.

I have seen all the test--but I am also BI--an I have done somethings with men--but never gave oral without a condom--I got oral without a condom and never displayed symptoms of anything specific--sore--etc--and I look with a fine tooth comb. I am worried about an incident where I attempted to bottom--but the person couldnt get in--and if they did it was maybe an inch--but I know there was a condom--point is they never got in--but I am wondering if the condom came off while the poking and trying was going on..? Recently my GF has had all sorts of ARS type symptoms--fever of 100 and a bad ear infection body aches etc...I have had a cold sore outbreak which hasnt happened in years and im concerned my immune system is telling me something...under my chin I felt a lump--and its very sore now from poking and prodding...

Keep on squeezing that lump and you're sure to really create a problem. If it's a lymph node you need to keep your hands off of it. No kidding. Discuss it with your doctor if you have a concern.

There's a basic fallacy in your situations as you have reported them. You repeatedly talk about your gf or whomever getting tested. Another person's test result has nothing to do with a reliable result in your HIV status. The matter is really quite simple. If you have had unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse then you need to get tested. If you haven't done those things then you have no cause for concern.

Taking someone else's HIV test as an assurance of your own negative HIV status assurance doesn't work.
As long as you consistently follow that suggestion about protected intercourse consistently you will be well protected.

You've been coming here long enough to know what's risky and what isn't. You need to apply the basic principles to your ongoing sex life. We're not here for you to come running anxiously everytime you have another experience. If you are going to be anxious around sexual activities then you ought to be talking with a therapist or other professional to sort out what's going on with you.

If you continue to come here about situations which are very clearly non-risks then you are going to find yourself getting a Time Out from the site. Whether you are with a man or a woman, just make sure condoms are used everytime for intercourse and you will be well protected. As you have been told repeatedly.  it really is just that simple.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 08:28:41 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline etops2010

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2010, 05:06:38 pm »
I was tested--and thats why I never had unprotected sex unless i was confident of the persons status--we were exclusive and she tested a few times while with me to ease my concerns. I understand I have a hard time mixing rational with irriational.

Offline etops2010

She-male maybe HIV
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2011, 06:10:06 pm »
I had several encounters with a transexual and I rubbed my penis on her anal hole. I never penetrated and would ask her if I could go bareback just for talk etc--making it exciting. I rubbed--pushed up against, but never penetrated or cover any of my penis with her insides...I am worried because I saw a strange lesion like mark on her leg and texted her later for her statius and she did not respond. I also rimmed her--I did perform brief oral--inspected for sores and saw nothing--I am very cautious...Should I worry?

Offline etops2010

Re: She-male maybe HIV
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2011, 06:23:22 pm »
Out of curiosity -- how many men who just have had hetero sex have turned up poz on here as a result?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2011, 06:36:23 pm »
Rubbing or frottage is not a risk, no matter what details you throw into the mix.

The ONLY confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. As long as you consistently use condoms for those acitivities you will be well protected against HIV transmission sexually.
Andy Velez

Offline etops2010

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2011, 06:40:41 pm »
Thank you andy--I can give that advice to people--but when i do something myself I seem to run into a panic.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2011, 05:24:19 am »
Etops,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

As you have been told, you have not had a risk for hiv infection regardless of what her hiv status may have been.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline etops2010

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2011, 01:20:14 pm »
Ann,

I did that and it told me my thread was 60 days old and I should start a new topic.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.