Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:36:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 594
Total: 594

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: ARCO  (Read 4005 times)

Offline wolfter

ARCO
« on: June 04, 2014, 04:16:00 pm »
There has been a major change in Ohio's ADAP/Ryan White case management.  We used to be under the CATF (Columbus AIDS Task Force).  They've consolidated all the smaller divisions into a more state wide group named ARCO.  (AIDS Resource Center of Ohio).

I already had an update coming as my coverage only exists through the end of June.  I had the appointment scheduled yesterday and my case manager was coming to my home to complete the application.  A different case manager called because she wasn't able to locate my address.  I asked what happened to Jennifer, and she said I should have been contacted that I had a different manager now.

In the last 4 years that I've been covered, I've probably had 20 different case managers...no exageration.  Hopefully, this change will stream-line the process.  It's a good thing that I've not been a high maintenance client as getting in contact with them has always been a pain in the ass.

So anyways, this new lady shows up and we start the process.  The new application takes about 4 hours to complete.  It's absolutely ridiculous what all was covered and discussed.  I understand that we have to share information, but I really wasn't comfortable discussing the last time I had penetrative anal sex and such.

She insisted on going over every single program that offers assistance.  I quickly told her that I wouldn't/couldn't qualify for any further assistance.  She then went on to discuss each of them.  I finally played along and asked about each of them.  HOPWA???  Sure I'd like more information....UM, seems like nothing available in my area.

Would I like dental assistance????  Sure, I currently pay my own dental expenses for basic check ups.  Again, nothing available in my area.  I could drive to Columbus if I need them to pay it.  NAH, I'll stay local.

Of course, I had to list my budget and expenses.  I thought I was generous when I indicated I spend $150 per month on food.  She thought maybe I needed assistance with food costs.  Yeah, again I don't qualify based on income.  But I can drive clear to downtown Columbus if I need a food box....really??? 

We wasted at least an hour to verify that I didn't qualify for other assistance.  I explained in advance that I really don't need further assistance as I'm grateful they pay my insurance premium.

Towards the end, there was a question on the new application that asks if you're compliant with all ART medications.  I answered no as I'm on HAART.  She actually asked me what that stood for.   Yeah, I'm totally comfortable with her knowledge.

wolfter
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline absopozilutely

• Love to chat/text/talk/encourage!
Re: ARCO
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 10:33:32 am »
I am sorry you had to go through that, but it's funny you played along. Lol
12/18 Infected
2/4 12:22pm tested POZ via ORAquick
2/19 WB Confirmation
2/4-2/19 VL 104,678 CD4 407
3/2 Genotype back, and Started Complera
4/2-CD4 688 38% and VL 1,600
5/1-CD4 592 42% and VL 336
5/22-CD4 732 31% and VL 109 :( STILL NOT UD!
5/31 Switched to Stribild :( I'll miss you Complera!
6/19 CD4 508 35% and VL UD!!!!! Crying at work like a baby.
9/19 CD4 799 46% VL UD yayyyy
5/1/19 CD4 1100 VL still UD.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 11:26:32 am »
You only spend $150/mo (generously) on food per month?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline wolfter

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 12:58:31 pm »
You only spend $150/mo (generously) on food per month?

That's $5.00 per day which even if you eat fast food is within budget.  Until recently, I probably didn't even spend $100/mo for food.  I prefer my money to be spent on things I truly enjoy....clothes.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 01:00:40 pm »
That's $5.00 per day which even if you eat fast food is within budget.  Until recently, I probably didn't even spend $100/mo for food.  I prefer my money to be spent on things I truly enjoy....clothes.

Cucumbers and plums are cheap, this is true. Did you give this new case manager your White Zin expenditures? It's medicinal.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline wolfter

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 01:06:11 pm »
Cucumbers and plums are cheap, this is true. Did you give this new case manager your White Zin expenditures? It's medicinal.

That falls under entertainment and I grossly underexaggerated.  :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.