Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:41:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 374
Total: 374

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Im Done!!! Please read completely Thank you to all!!!  (Read 35126 times)

Offline cktkn618

Im Done!!! Please read completely Thank you to all!!!
« on: July 15, 2006, 03:50:03 pm »
I hope someone can calm me down, I am a divorced 34 yr old bi-male, I have always practiced safe sex. And in the past been worried, but this time I cant ignore what is happening to me, OK
On June 9 I met a friend whom I have know for 10-12yrs, He doesn't live in this area but was traveling in, Anyway. We met and got together, I performed oral on him unprotected and rimmed unprotected, I did see precum but he wiped it off and we continued. This then lead onto receptive anal sex, Which was protected at all time, (from what I can remember) He went thru 3 or 4 condoms because how can u say it he wasn't real strong, After anal sex we then j/o until he ejaculated onto my leg. From  what i can remember and trust me i have tried he never was inside me unprotected.
On the week of June 28 i was extremely tired and sore, just felt like i was beat with a bat, (I work 12hr days, and was sleeping about 5hrs a night) Before that I went to the Dr on the 23 for what i thought was sinuses, just felt bad,
On the night of the 28th i had a fever 100.5 that wouldn't break, I woke up at 1:30 that morning Thursday and knew something was the matter, went to the ER and they told me I was having a heart attack, so they life flighted me to a hospital that has a cardiac unit, When i got there low and behold there was my friend who i played with on the 9th working the ICU in this hospital,  They let me out and said stress cause me to have a spasm in my heart, which caused the heart attack.
   I get out on July 3rd and since then I have had fever, sore joints, muscles, head ache, ear ache sore throat. I call my local Dr and he took blood on the 10th and said i have a infection my white blood count was 12.5 and he cause me cefzil to take, This whole time i am worrying sick, with all this problems, and trying to work, I called my friend and asked if he was free of anything hiv etc, He got extremely mad and said I'm clean, and hung up. I know he is a ICU nurse they should test often shouldn't they?
I went back to the doctor on Friday and he said my blood work looked fine i was a viral infection from what my blood work looks like! Could this viral be the start of the HIV inside my body the seroconversion????  But he wasn't worried about the blood just my heart attack. I asked if it could be a STD or maybe the HIV and he laughed and said heck no. Your not a fag are you!! By that point i was freaking out, I couldn't tell him then i was bi!
By the time i left I was sore again! my neck, shoulders joints, and had fever!

My questions are this
 1. From what you read above How risky was this, I don't know a 100% if he was protected the whole time inside me! 99% yes, and i know he didn't ejaculate inside me,  I watched him take the condom off and start j/o. it was unbroken.
 2. If he was a ICU Nurse in this big town hospital they would test everyone often? I found out later he does dance tours and was a previous falcon actor! 
 3. Could this viral infection my blood work showed i had been dealing with be the start of the HIV inside my body the seroconversion??? The blood work showing that I had a viral infection my body fought off. I called a hot line and the guy told me no, HIV is a retrovirus and it wont show up like that. Calm down I had the flue or something!
 4. Why am I still sick and so weak i just checked my temp again and it 99.5! and my head hurts behind my eyes and my neck hurts etc!!

Please someone help! I am the only thing my two kids have! I have no one else to talk to!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 04:21:05 pm by cktkn618 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Help! I am very scared!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 04:14:27 pm »
ck,

Symptoms or the lack of symptoms mean nothing when it comes to hiv infection. The only way of knowing your accurate hiv status is through the antibody testing at the appropriate time. You can't go by someone else's test results, only your own.

None of the activities you describe are high risk for hiv. The only thing that carries even a remote chance is the giving a blowjob, but even this is only a tiny risk, minimised further by the fact that he didn't ejaculate in your mouth.

Relax and listen to your doctors. It sounds like you have other issues going on, but none of them sound hiv related.

While you don't need to test over this specific encounter, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

If you do test over this incident, I would expect negative results as long as you  have not been having unprotected intercourse.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline cktkn618

Re: Help! I am very scared! I have no one!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 05:21:03 pm »
Thanks for the fast reply,  Am I totally overreacting here? The other questions etc? Please anyone, I think over and over and if something happens like this to me. I have no one for my kids. We are all alone in this world.  I just feel as though i could die!  I feel like such a disappointment!

Offline kentb

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 06:26:26 pm »
ck,
your doctor should not have asked you if you are a fag!  He should have asked you if you have had any high risk behavior.  Which the answer is "no".  You do not need to test over this incident. 
  Your sexual partner may need to try a condom that is smaller/larger to get a correct fit, if he is having to replace it so many times, or maybe he was just having a problem with erections.  In any event Ann has given you good information and you should feel confident that this situation as described is not a risky one and therefore does not require an HIV test.  For godsakes get a new doctor preferably one who is not so conservative. 
regards,

kent

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 06:47:52 pm »
I submit that whatever else happens, you have little chance of another sexually intimate encounter with your "friend." Grilling someone about his HIV status is not only uncool, it is also irrelevant to YOUR situation.

If you are practicing safer sex, then the HIV status of  your partner (which should always be assumed to be positive) is immaterial. You don't get HIV from ejaculate on your leg, or from protected sex. Absolutely nothing about your post (and yes, I read the whole thing) in any way indicates a need for HIV testing. What I urge you to address are your feelings towards same-sex intimacy, and the connection with your fear of HIV.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline cktkn618

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 10:10:29 pm »
Yes I agree,  But just the general way he acted it made me nervous, I didnt mean to offend anyone and understand what you said. But I just cant  help to wonder why, I still have the fever and the blood work.  My white blood count was back to normal but he said i was recovering from a viral infection, Does HIV show up like that? Or was the information i was given correct, since its a retrovirus it doesnt show up like traditional viral infection do? Thank you to everyone! Im just so nervous, I have no family alive Im just 34 and No one to talk to about this things, I wish my parents were still here

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 05:07:53 am »
ck,

There are more viral illnesses in this world than you could shake a proverbial stick at. Don't assume the one you had was hiv just because you were intimate with another man. Hiv is not a punishment for sexual acts that are disapproved of by certain religious groups, no matter what you might hear in the media. None of the activities you report were high risk for hiv and there is no reason to believe that you might have become infected from this incident.

You don't even need to test over this specific encounter. However, if you are not already having regular, routine sexual health care check-ups, now is the time to start as I already mentioned to you. Neither hiv nor any of the other STIs are anything to guess about. As long as you have been using condoms for intercourse, every time, no exceptions, I fully expect your routine hiv test to return negative results.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 05:18:50 am »
when you ask somebody belligerantly if they have hiv or are 'diseased', you can pretty much expect a negative response.

People don't like to deal with other people's crazy and that's why he hung up on you because you were likely acting the stalker/crazy type.

You are only responsible for your own sexual health.  You have gotten sage advice here.  Listen to it.

Offline cktkn618

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 10:43:51 am »
I think everyone has assumed that I just said " Hey u have a disease?" I didn't he was my nurse at the ICU i was at and we talked about that, I asked him extremely nice i was telling him about what has been happening since the heart attack etc, and told him of my symptoms. I said Listen B***** I know we are friend and have been for awhile, but I have been worried to death about the possibility of contracting a virus, I know as a friend and now even more if something like that was the matter between us if I or you we would have told each other right. I have been tested before and I told you that, His reply was Jesus I am fine! and hung up the phone. That's why I asked the question about ICU nurses i assume they get tested often,
Even today I still have this killer headache and sore muscle, slight fever. I am still taking my antibiotics. I am sorry for being such a pest, Someone would intentionally try to infect someone else would they?

What I think honestly is that this is drifting from the original questions i had. I am sorry if i offended anyone just scared and thank you to everyone that has helped!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 12:53:48 pm by cktkn618 »

Offline cktkn618

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 02:04:17 pm »
Today I am just depressed I am so weak feeling and my hip hurts, I still have a bad headache and drainage what gives with all these symptoms.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 02:18:47 pm »
ck,

We can't tell you "what gives with all these symptoms", only a doctor can.

However, we CAN tell you that you didn't have a real risk of hiv infection. It is highly improbable that you would have become infected with hiv through the situation you bring to us. You don't even need to test unless it's part of an annual or biannual, routine sexual health care check-up.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline cktkn618

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 06:38:57 pm »
Thank you for being so understanding. I just don't have anyone at all. I am just scared maybe this friend did something intentional to pass it if he did have it. When we kissed which i usually do not do. it was just like a flood of saliva. (Yuck). And it had massive amounts of pre-cum no telling how much i had in my mouth. But the blood work is really what worries me,. No one has seem to answer that question unless the  person on the hotline was right and being a retrovirus it doesn't show up like a normal flu type does.
Thank you God Bless
But these are symptoms of a hiv infection right?? it been 2 year since my last test. i have only been with 2 other people (males)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2006, 07:18:19 pm »
ck,

Hiv symptoms are non-specific. The sort of symptoms that hiv may or may NOT cause are the same ones that thousands of other illnesses can produce. Symptoms or the lack of symptoms means nothing. NOTHING.

Hiv infection does not show up on CBCs at all. If a doctor looked at my CBC results and didn't know my hiv status beforehand, he wouldn't have a clue that I am hiv positive. The ONLY way to know your hiv status is through hiv antibody testing.

If you haven't tested in two years, it's high time you did. If what you bring to us now is the riskiest thing you've ever done in the past two years, then I fully expect you to test hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline cktkn618

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 06:20:07 pm »
I had a oral-quick test today and tested negative as everyone expected!  thanks to everyone and god bless all of you!

Offline cktkn618

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 08:18:05 am »
Since my exposure was low? Should I retest? I hate to waste resources that could be used for someone else?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2006, 06:22:34 am »
ck,

As long as you tested 12-13 weeks or longer after your last incident of unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse, you are hiv negative.

You do not need to test again until it is time for your next routine, complete sexual health care check-up. If you are moderately sexually active, you can do this in a year's time. If you are very sexually active, you might want to do this again in six month's time.

You are hiv negative today. Remember to always use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will also be hiv negative tomorrow. Use condoms and avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline cktkn618

Help now something new!
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006, 01:17:55 pm »
I got a call back from the doctor this morning. And he wants me to come in and give more blood. It seems mu liver enzymes are all messed up! Can this be contributed to a hiv infection or maybe hepatitis c or b. I asked him this time directly that i got tested at 6 weeks and it was neg. can this be hiv infection, he said no he was sorry about what he said earlier. but he said it could be a hcv.  Is this true? Or a hiv infection that i just did to soon??
Help I just wanna kill myself!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Help me Now something new!! i think im gonna stroke out
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2006, 05:43:25 pm »
Hey! You need to do yourself and your kids a big favor and right now take a good deep and slow breath in and out slowly. And then another one. I mean it! And pay attention to whenever you're feeling stressed again and do the same thing. It really works.

Nothing you have reported either in sexual activity nor in symptoms leads me in any way to think yours is an HIV situation. Your negative test at 6 weeks is certainly encouraging and not surprising, since despite all of your anxiety, you were not at risk. Condoms do a very effective job of protecting you and despite the technical difficulties that went on, your partner was apparently wearing an unbroken condom throughout. So if you decide to re-test at 13 weeks for your peace of mind, I certainly expect you will continue to test negative.

I won't speculate on what your other liver and other issues maybe. That's what your doctor is for and anyone else you may have to consult with.

What I do think would be a good idea is for you to see a therapist or other such professional to get some help with dealing with the tremendous emotional stress you're experiencing. A heart attack is nothing to skate over lightly. You've had a warning that you need to slow down and getting some support with the emotional aspects of your life would be a good way to do that.

Leave your sex partner out of the equation. As others have already said to you in various ways protecting your health is your responsibility. Your current emotional state may also have alarmed the other guy so ixnay on pressing the issue of his HIV status any further. Nothing you have experienced physically suggests HIV nor would any of your symptoms have skewered your HIV test result.

So buddy, chill, chill, chill. And don't tell you can't. You need to put firm and gentle effort into it and you will be amazed at how much better you will start to feel.

Good luck with getting things sorted out. Again,  I don't see this  as an HIV situation.

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2006, 05:46:35 pm »
I just deleted the new thread you began. Keep your entries in this thread and don't allow your intense feelings to take over so that you start a bunch of threads. You will get more informed responses when readers can follow all of the exchanges here.

And no, the latest call from your doctor doesn't change anything I have already said to you. Except to reinforce my thoughts that you need to get some professional support emotionally so that you can get chill and get back on track. No kidding. 
Andy Velez

Offline cktkn618

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2006, 11:09:40 pm »
Well tonight My friend that I had played with contact me and asked how I was. We talked for some time and I apologized if I was rude about the questions. He was having some personal problems he said I was the blunt of the tension.
Tonight he reassured me that the condom was always intact and that he didn't ejaculate inside  and the condom didn't break. He also told me that since he is a ICU at this hospital he takes advantage of the benefits and is tested every 3 months roughly. He said he had a complete blood work, everything hiv, hep, less than 120 days ago. But he reassured me that everything was safe nothing broke and nothing was shot inside me so to speak.

Offline cktkn618

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006, 02:37:21 pm »
I just got a call back from my doctor, Thank god no hep a, b, c, anything but now he wants me to test for CMV. Isn't that just a hiv illness? Would I have that already from a initial infection.  Please any help on this subject?

Offline cktkn618

Re: CMV in a initial hiv infection symptom? possible? Freaking out!!
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2006, 05:11:07 pm »
From what I have read this really only affects Hiv Infected people.  When they are very sick with a extremely low CD4 count? Is that true?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2006, 05:21:53 pm »
Here is a great primer for CMV infection:

http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/communicable_diseases/en/cytomega.htm

from the website:

CMV is a common virus that infects most people at some time during their lives but rarely causes obvious illness. It is a member of the herpes virus family. Other members of the herpes virus family cause chickenpox, infectious mononucleosis, fever blisters (herpes I) and genital herpes (herpes II). Like other herpes viruses, CMV infection can become dormant for a while and may reactivate at a later time. The virus is carried by people and is not associated with food, water or animals.

Most children and adults who are infected with CMV do not develop symptoms. Those who develop symptoms may experience an illness resembling infectious mononucleosis and have fever, swollen glands and feel tired.

See, that's the thing with HIv infection. With very few caveats, it does not "cause" any "new" infections. What it DOES is erode the immune system over time so that infections that might not be severe in other people are potentially life-threatening.

You absolutely CANNOT "backwards diagnose" HIV from testing positive for CMV. Mainly because most of the population tests positive for CMV by the time they are adults.

By the way, your risk was vanishingly small. Most people would not think to test over it. And most HIV prevention counselors would not recommend a test over this incident. However, you have to decide what you are comfortable doing, and with whom.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline cktkn618

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2006, 08:13:58 am »
That's true but if you read farther down it said the same way. Most do not experience any symptoms unless they are hiv infected! I cannot help to think. But it seems its more of Opportunities infection, therefore it not a initial infection. Am I right?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2006, 01:16:25 pm »
ck,

One, you don't know if CMV is what is causing your problems. Two, "most" is not all. Some people can and do develop CMV symptoms despite being hiv negative.

Are you still seeing the same doctor who said "Your not a fag are you?" when you asked about hiv? Because if you are, I would't trust his medical knowledge or skills as far as you could throw him. Find another doctor, one who knows what he's doing.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline cktkn618

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2006, 06:29:05 pm »
I got my results back today. I tested extremely high with cmv virus. But my doctor didn't seem like i should do anything. I asked him if i should worry since the majority of the people that do experience symptoms are hiv positive. he said most that are hiv positive had a extremely low t4 count! i shouldn't worry i tested at 6 weeks and there should be no concern! I asked him if i should retest He said no. It just this virus affected me harder than other. I had a similar incident the the herpes virus that cause fever blister with i was 17. I basically had a allergic reaction and cause something called herpic stomitus.
Should I really be worried. I have talked to everyone i have been with and they all was tested or so they say and was negative.  I am still scared to death.
I am sorry to continually bother everyone.
Jeff

Offline ScienceGuy25

Re: tested positive for CMV! should i rested for HIV!!! HElp
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2006, 10:48:01 pm »
CK

First of all I agree with Andy, calm down! Have you taken his advice yet and sought a therapist or counselor to discuss your fears with? A trained professional who can sit face to face with you and work through these issues would be extraordinarily useful in your case.

Secondly, you say you "tested extremely high with cmv virus?" I'll assume this was some sort of RNA based test to look determine viral titer.  Perhaps this is your bodies first time encountering the CMV virus.  Somewhat similar to EBV, those who do not become infected until later in life will sometimes experience more symptoms associated with primary CMV infection. 

This certainly does not mean you're HIV positive.  In fact most people with HIV control CMV very well.   If the person is unresponsive to HAART and their T-cell count drops quite low (often when the diagnosis of "AIDS" is made) then CMV may manifest clinically.  Your doctor could very easily determine your T-cell count if he deemed it necessary. (which he obviously does not)

Perhaps your genetics, combined with your stress and anxiety over the incident is causing you to have an exacerbated response to a primary CMV infection.  It's fairly well documented that psychological stress can have deleterious effects on the immune system.  So we're back to our original point - seek help for your stress. 

Even though you didn't have a risk my advice would be to get the definitive HIV test at 12 weeks. This test will be absolutely definitive and leave no room for you to keep questioning your status.   After you test negative, if you still find yourself pre-occupied with worry and anxiety then turn off your computer, get up from your desk and make an appoint with a therapist to deal with your anxiety (a very real and likely more important medical problem in your case).  Simple as that!

Offline cktkn618

Has anyone ever tested neg at 6 weeks then pos at 12?
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2006, 05:14:25 pm »
Just cant shake this out of mind. I tested neg at a 6 weeks test with a oral quick method. Has anyone tested positive after testing negative at the 6 weeks mark.
Here is my old post? http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=1881.0

I found this post and the doctor there said that I quote "Personally, I have never encountered a patient who was HIV negative at 10 weeks (or even at 4-6 weeks) who later became positive.

Good luck--- HHH, MD "

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/HIV/messages/258.html

I am just so scared and cannot get it out of my mind. I still don't feel the best have aches and pains headaches etc. But I did test Positive for CMV.
Anyone maybe give me a boost and give their opinion?
Thank you all
Jeff
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 06:24:34 pm by cktkn618 »

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Has anyone ever tested neg at 6 weeks then pos at 12?
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2006, 05:19:02 pm »
I urge you to keep your thoughts in your original thread

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=1881.msg24070#msg24070

As you were told there, you had no risk. You do not have HIV.

Welcome Thread

Offline cktkn618

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2006, 05:45:34 pm »
It really isn't a add on to my old question just a new one. Yes I am still concerned about it but it was something that a lot of people are asking so I thought it would help me ease my tensions also.
Thanks you
Jeff
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 06:24:47 pm by cktkn618 »

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2006, 06:32:59 pm »
Cktkn618,

It would be rare for a 6 week negative to later become positive. 

Can it happen? Yes. That's why 13 weeks is considered conclusive.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline cktkn618

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2006, 06:45:40 pm »
Thank you for the reply. Honestly what can cause a delay?  I tested positive for CMV (similar to mono) could something like that cause my test to delay accuracy? My doctor believe this is what cause my heart attack, It caused a inflammation to the sac around my heart.
Would that have cause it to delay?  Thank you once again

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2006, 07:06:22 pm »
CK,

I've merged your new thread with your original, where you should have posted in the first place. When we say please keep all your additional thoughts and questions in your original thread, we mean it. You've been told this several times now. I hope you get with the program soon.

If you want to change the title of your thread to reflect a new question, go to your first post and use the modify button so you can edit the title. Do not post your new question in the first post, add it on to the bottom.

As you have been repeatedly told, you are hardly likely to test anything other than negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2006, 07:22:11 pm »
CK,

You really need to get a grip as your exposure was extremely small (if any) and all you can do is wait to do your final test at 13 weeks.  But I think your real problem is in your head and not in your body.  I sense that you have some strong feelings over this incident and would suggest that you talk with someone about this.  You are not doing yourself any favors by mining for symptoms in this forum, because we just won't let you do it.  So maybe you could talk with someone and THEN come back and tells us how you feel.  I'll bet after you talk about your issues, your physical ailments will diminish.  Just a guess, but I've been there, done that.

Offline cktkn618

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2006, 12:13:21 am »
Thank you all. But would you agree with the link i put. Where the Dr. said he had never seen a negative at 4 or 6 week turn positive.
Thank you all
Why do some take so long up to 6 months to test positive. Especially iv drug users i would think they would test positive faster since the immune system isn't as strong.
Thanks
Jeff

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2006, 01:47:25 am »
Cktkn618,

A weakened immune system takes longer to mount a detectable defense against the infection.

It is the immune systems defense that antibody tests looks for.  Not the virus itself.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline cktkn618

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2006, 08:36:25 am »
Well that is one thing I was getting at. Would A virus such as mono. or in my case CMV case a delay in showing a positive? I had a high infection of cmv. I tested at 6 weeks and was neg. But Its been 8 weeks since my encounter and i still feel bad. Sore muscles, now stomach problems, etc. I am just concerned. And waiting out till closer to 12 weeks for a final.
I know all of you are extremely busy but I just cant shake this out of my head. All I think about is this and whats going to happen to my two great little kids they have been thru enough already. I am the only one in my family left and they have no one to go to if something happens.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2006, 08:41:07 am »
Neither CMV or Mono will lengthen the window period.

Offline cktkn618

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2006, 08:43:57 am »
Thank you Rapid Rod what do you think of the link I posted earlier do you think his statement is accurate? I took a oral quick test how accurate are those. I have been told they are as accurate as a regular Eliza blood test?
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/HIV/messages/258.html

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2006, 08:49:42 am »
An oral quick test are very reliable and yes I agree with the doctor.

Offline cktkn618

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2006, 10:25:05 am »
OK, I took my test around the 6 week mark, But I am still worried. Today for instances its 95 today and i sitting her with cold chills, But no fever or anything. After 8 weeks since my incident i still wouldn't have seroconverions symptoms?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2006, 10:32:33 am »
No, you wouldn't have seroconverions symptoms. Symptoms or the lack of are not specific to HIV.

Offline cktkn618

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2006, 06:33:35 pm »
Could I might have caught a STD. I have noticed a irritation on the end of my penis. And the constant feeling that I have to urinate. I have also noticed a slight milky stubstance on the end of my penis. If I hate to say this but "milk" it a bit. I can bring this pus looking stuff up to the end. The only relief I get is when i urinate this seems to ease it but 20 minutes later its feeling irritated.
I called my Dr. and described him my symptoms he has called in azithromycin but wouldn't tell me what he thought it was. Just said your mind will go nuts come into the office on Monday
Any ideas
Jeff

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2006, 08:06:32 pm »
See your doctor on Monday. We can't diagnosis it for you.

Offline cktkn618

8 week test? How accurate?
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2006, 05:35:04 pm »
Went to the Dr. today said my urine test checked out OK! I'm so confused. I called and scheduled another hiv test for Wednesday. Am I nuts? It will be 8 weeks? How accurate will this one be? The lady giving the test said its a waste of time and resources due to it will not be accurate.
Please someone help me! Thank you to everyone.

Offline cktkn618

Re: 8 week test? How accurate?
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2006, 07:01:21 pm »
Any help. Am I valid for thinking I should test again? Or am I going Nuts!
Please help and suggestions
Jeff

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2006, 07:44:59 pm »
It is highly improbable that you would have become infected with hiv through the situation you bring to us. You don't even need to test unless it's part of an annual or biannual, routine sexual health care check-up.

That six week negative of yours is not going to change.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline cktkn618

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2006, 10:37:02 pm »
I am just very scared, I have very odd muscle and aches and pains My left hip has hurt for about 2 weeks and also between my neck and shoulder on my right side. Just like a dull pain. I have also had extremely bad headaches.
Just how accurate do u think a 8 weeks oral quick test will be.
I have also noticed strange bruises on my body stomach leg etc, places where i know i have bumped or hit!

Thank and god bless
Jeff
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 10:50:32 pm by cktkn618 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2006, 11:06:01 pm »
Jeff, I just finished reading what Dr. HHH told you. Have you gone to seek counseling like he told you? I don't know why you pay a Dr. to give you advice and you don't believe him and then you come here. You are getting the same answers as Dr. HHH gave you. Except here we have let you go on and on. I urge you to seek out a mental health provider, because like Dr. HHH told you we are not counselors that are here to consol you.

Offline cktkn618

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2006, 01:56:20 pm »
Thank you. I just cant understand why Dr. HHH says 4-6 weeks is enough other says  3months or 6 months. and other say different.  My question is this and I am sure there are other out there thinking the same thing.

How many tested negative at the 4,6, or 8 week mark then tested positive? at the 10 or 12 week mark
I am just scared.
Also I'm 34 and have used condoms for mostly all my play. then always since the late 90's but why are so many breaking? I hear it in just about all the questions. I have never had one break or tear. What I have seen is if they do tear the open completely up.
Can i just get  answer please this. Thank you to all that have tried to help and have had advice!
Jeff

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.