Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:52:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 231
Total: 231

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: the new guy says hello  (Read 13454 times)

the new guy says hello
« on: February 06, 2007, 09:51:22 pm »
i’ve been lurking around here for a couple weeks and figured it was time to step out of the corner, introduce myself, and join the party.     

i’m 30,  was diagnosed in ’01, the anniversary was yesterday.  i was a year into a six-year relationship when we found out. the relationship lasted five more years and has since been over for 16 months.   

my way of coping for all this time was by not dealing with it at all.   i refused to let myself think about it.    i’d pop my pills three times a day and pretend as if nothing’s wrong, go to the doctor, and as soon as i was out the door it was out of my mind again.

my attitude has been changing lately.  i’ve had more of an interest in understanding what’s going on and getting in better shape.   i’ve been wanting to change my ways as far as eating better and trying to be less sedentary.  i’ve realized in reading around here how little i actually know about what’s happening with my body and how much my doctor has neglected to tell me.  i’m also seeing that i’ve been very fortunate to not have been through, yet, what many of you have, so i guess in my doc’s defense there hasn’t been the need for him to tell me about a lot of what i’m hearing of here for the first time. 

in a way, i feel like i was just diagnosed a few months ago, after meeting someone new for the first time since being poz.  so much of what i was able to not worry about by being with someone poz isn’t possible to avoid any longer.   i’ve met a couple nice guys over the past few months.  i don’t have it in me to even do oral without disclosing to them, so when things got to that point i was chickenshit about it, avoided it that night then just blew them off all together in the following days.   not the ideal way to handle it, i know, but…

my physical health is great.  i’ve been undetectable since shortly after getting on meds and my cd4 was 600ish last time.  mental health is another story. i’ve turned into a recluse.  i’ve always been a little shy and introverted, but not to this extreme.  i’m not sure if its just suddenly being faced with dealing with the hiv after suppressing it for years or something else.  i have no friends, dread the weekends, boredom and loneliness is taking its toll.  no one knows about my situation except for a handful of people i talk to online across the country- none of which are poz.  the couple times i’ve forced myself out to meet people turned out to be the disasters mentioned above.  i want and need to make some friends, but the fear of rejection or feeling like i have to drop someone because i don’t have the balls to tell them the truth is keeping me from it.  friends is all i’m interested in.  i have no desire for another relationship and the thoughts of sex really isn’t all that appealing anymore either.  although some nights i could kill for someone to sleep with.  wrapping up around a warm body and falling asleep is what i miss the most.  nothing says love like waking up with a head on you chest and a stream of drool running down your side.  : )

i hate to sound so negative right out of the gate and i’m rambling anyway so i’ll wrap this up... later, guys.

Offline tsw923

Re: the new guy says hello
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 10:16:38 pm »
Hello 'New Guy'!

Welcome to the forum.  I can safely say you are now among friends and can feel free to to vent, be sad, be happy, ask questions, etc., etc....You will find the support you need here and maybe someone to keep you warm too  :o

TSW
Help find a cure for leukemia, lymphoma, and other blood-related cancers by sponsoring me as I walk a 1/2 marathon as a part of the Maryland chapter of Team in Training.  To find out more and to donate, please click on the following site:  http://www.active.com/donate/tntmd/tswtntmd

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 10:21:13 pm »
02~~

Too many numbers, man... ;D First, let me say welcome to the forums. This is a great place and a great bunch of people. I'm sure you will fit in just fine and hope to hear more from you in the future. I may ask questions here and there, you can answer or just not reply.

I'm sorry your relationship ended, I hope it was not due to finding out you were poz. If it was, then maybe it was a good thing that you found this out now. I can understand your feelings on sex and disclosure. There are a lot of things you really got to take into consideration. There's no rush in doing this, take your time to think about things. I'm glad your attitude is changing for the better, before it sounds like you were losing yourself to the pills.

It takes time to getting use to being infected and you'll prolly go through a range of emotions if they haven't started already. This is where we come in, share with us and vent. You'll more than likely come across someone who has been through a similiar experience.

As far as learning things here before hearing it from your doctor, I have learned things here as well and has often questioned him on things. Not that I don't trust him but to get him to start explaining things to me. He caught the hint. Your doctor may be waiting for something to occur before mentioning anything. Maybe he's trying not to have you worry. But if you have questions, make a list and go over with him on your next visit.

You're not alone on being a recluse. I stay home unless I need to go out for appointments or groceries. At times, I feel down about it because I wish there were things I could be doing but just can't really afford to do it. When I do have a few extra dollars, I go buy something that I may have been wanting for awhile, sort of like a treat to myself. Just throwing that out there.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Teresa

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 10:37:25 pm »

So glad you decided to join. There are alot of great people here.

Have you thought about volunteering somewhere. It would get you out of your house and you would be able to meet more people. It always makes me feel better when I'm helping others.

Glad your numbers have been good and no other problems. Hope to hear more you.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Blixer

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 10:38:48 pm »
Welcome to the forums!  Good to have you here.  It looks like you will have lots to contribute!  Thanks for sharing!
David
Diagnosed 1/9/06
8/27/2007 CD4 598, 29%, VL 58 (72 wks)
11/19/2007 CD4 609, 30%, VL < 50 (84 wks)
2/11/2008 CD4 439, 27%, VL <50 (96 wks)
5/5/2008 CD4 535, 28%, VL <50 (108 wks)
10/20/2008 CD4 680, 28%, VL <50 (132 wks)
Changed to Atripla in 2012
1/14/2013 CD4 855, 35%, VL <40

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 10:40:41 pm »
Hi Mr. new guy

My name is Al, and I am a male of 26 years old and I was diagnosed December 6, 2006. I am starting my meds very soon and have learned many things here. You will like it here, everyone's great here. Not dealing with it can be bad sometimes especially when you feel alone and sad. I feel the same you do, I dread the weekends and don't go out as much. I guess it will take time but I don't want to feel sad all the time so I force myself to go out even if it is with my mother and father, lol. If you ever feel lonely feel free to come here and say what you want. Welcome

Al
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 10:45:10 pm »
Welcome to AM, my friend,  your name will be safe with us if you care to share... ;D

Offline Longislander

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 10:46:22 pm »
Hey Feb 5th! Welcome! Glad you decided to come in out of the shadows. This really is a great place to find support, strength, and compassion.

I can't give you much advice on how to fill those weekends as I'm more of a loner myself. I know we have at least one or two Tenn. guys on here. Get to know them.

Again welcome, jump right in ;)

Paul
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 10:53:54 pm »
Hey Feb. 01,

Welcome to the forums and our somewhat eclectic family here. You have come to the right place for support, cameroderie, and just to let your hair down.

I know what you mean about dating. Of course, in my case, its a combination of HIV and getting a bit older.  ;)

So, get comfortable and make yourself at home here. I'm glad you've joined in.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline thirtysomething

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 11:28:03 pm »
Hey Feb 5th, Welcome to the forums! This is the right place to be. There is lot of information available here on this forum, ask anything and you'll get answers!

Cheers

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 12:09:54 am »
Hi and welcome!

Congrats on your good health, keep up the good work!  I understand the lonely weekend thing.  I have poured myself into my work and so not as many friends...

Bests,
Drew

Offline joemutt

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 12:13:32 am »
Hi there and welcome, it's a good place here. Joe

Offline marco23

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 12:27:12 am »
Hi 020501!!

WELCOME and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
You go ahead and let your feelings out here - I know it's done a world of good for me!
Hey, this is a place where you are greeted with open arms so anytime you're feeling lonely or frustrated, you have some support and understanding here to help you through any tough times.

Again, Welcome!
Don't hide your hurt, pain and feelings inside..for they will harden your heart.

Offline Cheo63

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 01:05:57 am »
Hi New Guy!

I too am new to this site and I personally think it's wonderful!  WELCOME!   You are indeed among friends.  Feel free to ask anything.   I know exactly how you are feeling because I felt the same way.  Boy the things I could tell you!   But thank God, I am doing a lot better now.   Anyway, welcome again and hope to talk to you soon!!

Eli

Offline dtwpuck

• дано мне тело, что мне делать с ним?
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 05:48:13 am »
Welcome... this is a great site.   The way you've been dealing is pretty normal.  Many of us become hermits.  I didn't have sex for three years after I seroconverted.  Not that I recommend it.
I know what you mean about waking up on someone's chest.  When you are ready to start dating, you will see that being poz doesn't stop you unless you want it to.  Try going into some of the poz rooms on gay.com, or searching for poz/blank/askme on manhunt and see how many turn up.   

Disclosing is hard.  Just remember, the worst thing they could do is to say no.  You can live through that. 
Floating through the void in the caress of two giant pink lobsters named Esmerelda and Keith.

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 06:05:58 am »
Hi New Guy,

You say you were diagnosed in '01. That's a long time to be alone with yourself.

"nothing says love like waking up with a head on you chest and a stream of drool running down your side."

Thanks for making me laugh. :D Glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humour. Some days it's the only thing that keeps me going.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 06:22:08 am »
You seem like an insightful and articukate guy.  Welcome.  Ya know the combo of HIV and having a long-term relationship end can be rough.  Talk to us and with us.  Maybe it's time things changed for you. 

Offline budndallastx

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 06:26:38 am »
Welcome -
I've been on here for two months now and have learned so much.  It's great place to ask questions, vent, and share.

Looking forward to learning from you!

Tom
Meds since: 11/20/2006
Sustiva / Truvada
12/08/2008 VL:<48 CD4 622 (38%)   
9/8/2008 VL:<48 CD4 573 (30%)
5/2008 VL:<48 CD4 464 (30%)
1/2008  VL: <50  CD4 425(28%)
9/2007   VL: <50  CD4 465 (27%)
6/2007   VL: <50   CD4 443 (26%)
3/2007  VL: <50   CD4 385 (25%)
12/2006 - VL: <50   CD4: 384 (25%)
11/2006 - VL:  22K  CD4: 208 (18%)

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 06:46:51 am »

Hey New Guy.  Welcome as a poster to the forums!  It's always interesting to watch the process, since you mention that there was a time before, I guess, you knew about them, then you stayed out of sight and have finally, perhaps your anniversary pushing this, posted at the 'party.'  I am not sure whether your former partner was positive or negative, so letting us know about that would help us with comments.  Popping pills and going out the door is one way of handling things, but I hope that you will take the initiative with your doctor, will use the information here to start asking him questions about your health.  Sometimes doctors only open up when nudged to do so.  It sounds as though your physical health (thinking of only cd4's and viral load) is the best that could be asked for. 

But you are right, meeting people is tricky now and we have threads upon threads of what guys have done, wished that they had done, how things have gone well with a new someone who they got the cold shoulder.  There are options such as poz.com personals where disclosure is a non-issue.  There is an organisation which I am looking into SIN (strengthinnumbers.org) which creates social outlets for hiv (men only?).  You may have an aids service organisation where you live with some social options.  Or you may have to figure out what is out there and use the resources to create options.  Or simply trial and error at disclosure.

How you are going to do it was answered by your post itself: you need to make friends.  That's what's going to give you the strength and the incentive to start the process.  To get dressed to go out... but then stay home.  But then, the next time, to actually get in your car, if only to drive around a gay bar and not park.  There is no right time.  There's only the time that you are ready to take the next step.  Best, Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline jinghua

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2007, 08:16:26 am »
Dear 02051, (weird,like in the military!!)

Welcome to the big family!!!!
 ;)

....Supporting each other is one of our mission now!!!

JH
Live started to change...i wish i can have a better life...

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2007, 10:03:40 am »
Hey 020501...

Welcome to the forums man! I think you have come to the right place, here you will find whole range of incredible people who bring all kinds of history and knowledge with them.

I am glad you decided to come out of the shadows to play in the sandbox with us!

You are most welcome here, and who knows...maybe you will find that one guy you can drool on in the middle of the night too!  :D

Oh...and I will be 32 next month...so, you and I are in the same age range buddy...and believe me...I am not afraid of sex anymore...or looking for love either...I ended a 9 year relationship this past June and it was difficult at first, but now, I am finding it easier and easier to handle.

Anyway, good luck buddy, and I look forward to hearing more from you!

-Jeromy
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline Christine

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2007, 10:24:04 am »
Hi 02,
Welcome to the group! Your are not alone in your feelings, I tend to be a bit of a recluse also. Disclosure is a difficult thing. For me it took a long time to disclose.

Do you have access to a ASO? or and support groups in your area? I started going to a therapist about 5 years ago, and it has been one of the best things I did. You took the first step reaching out here. Keep talking to us.
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline shepsmom

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2007, 10:32:01 am »
Hello and welcome.

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2007, 11:35:30 am »
Hey 02!

Welcome to the jungle! 

What you're going through is common with a lot of us, especially if we haven't been poz (or known we are) for very long ("very long" varies depending on the person, anyway).   Since you've found AIDSmeds I hope you will be comfortable leaning on some of us for help, advice, information, and an occasional back rub.

Isolating oneself is so easy to do when HIV enters your life.  The gamut of emotions and reactions, the sense many of us initially have of being "ruined" for life, the fervent desire to wake up and find you've had a bad dream.   Pretending it's not there on the surface when you're trembling inside.   Oh yeah, and lots more.   I actually prefer to be by myself a lot, always have, but I do need some friends and acquaintances to balance the equation.

I've known my status for almost 18 years now and suspect I was infected almost 25 years ago and, except for being out of shape physically, I'm otherwise in disgustingly good health (knock on wood).  For me and many HIV/AIDS is an important aspect of our lives but not the overwhelming crisis it may have seemed earlier.  My luck could change any day and AIDS could present a greater challenge but I cannot dwell on such thoughts since they're counterproductive.  At my rate I'm more likely to drop dead from heart failure than from AIDS, but my spring exercise regimen kicks off soon...

Negotiating with potential partners is definitely hard but it gets easier with time.  It's next to impossible to emotionally distinguish between being rejected for your virus and not for yourself, and no one likes rejection no matter what the reason.  I think (and hope) the situation has improved over the years and more guys are educated enough to realize safer sex is mandatory, period, and they should assume everyone is poz as the starting point.  Your honesty and integrity speak well of you since some poz guys rationalize they don't have to disclose if they're having safer sex.  Disclosure is an obligation on my part so I have always told a guy even before we began much kissing, just in case they're so afraid (or stupid) they think kissing is a risk. 

Anyway, if you thought you could ramble you've just witnessed true rambling at its finest.  It's pretty amazing I finish most of my sentences.

Welcome!

Boo
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2007, 12:59:11 pm »
Welcome!  Feb 5th 2001 for those of you who dont understand the American Calendar system.  In honor of you choosing the name that you did, and because everyone starts off by calling you 02~  I am now crowning you with your new nickname on the forums.

"The Duece"

LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline David_CA

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2007, 03:54:06 pm »
Hey New Guy,

I joined these forums about two days after finding out I'm poz in March '06.  It's been a real life save for me, in a lot of ways.  I never lost my sexual desires, though... some things never change I guess!   ;)  I think you'll find most of the folks here to be kind, caring, and really funny.  Anyway, welcome to the forums and keep on posting!

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2007, 03:59:12 pm »
Hey Duece dont list to David he's a perv!!!

Just TEASING, fuck all ya like just do it properly!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2007, 08:31:40 pm »
wow.  thanks for the warm welcome.  i’m touched.  and feel free to go a little lower next time   ;)     i’ve read over the replies a few times now and i’d just like to offer a huge thanks to each of you, its very encouraging.   

so to fill in a few holes and answer some questions… my ex was also poz.  we both entered into the relationship believing we were neg, but a year into it the truth revealed its ugly face.  i’m not certain who gave it to whom and at this point its irrelevant.  he’s had a harder time dealing with things than i have.  since we broke up, he’s cut himself off from friends and family and moved out of state.  he has no intentions of ever taking meds or fighting it.  last i heard he was still in good health, but communication was never one of our strong points and was the biggest contributing factor to the demise of the relationship. 

there is an aso (an abbreviation i’ve been seeing around here but had no idea what it stood for until today, thanks, poet) in town and i need to make a trip there sooner than later.  i’d like to meet with a counselor about financial planning and the group thing mentioned above doesn’t sound like a bad idea either.  i’m not sure what all they offer, but it is something i’ll be looking into soon.  getting out and volunteering is on my list of things to do as well, along with getting a puppy.  woof.

thanks again for the welcome guys, its greatly appreciated.

roger
aka “the deuce”

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2007, 10:24:18 pm »
Deuce,

It's sad that your ex is not handling his diagnosis very well but it seems to me that you are proactive when it comes to your health. It took me awhile to figure out what ASO meant too.

So, what kind of puppy are you considering? Name picked out?
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Cheo63

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2007, 02:25:56 am »
Hey Deuce,

Glad to hear that you are feeling better.  The more you share things here the better you will feel.  You are in the right direction as far as looking into a support group.  Also, a puppy is a wonderful idea.  They are what we need when we are feeling down!!    I'm sorry to hear about your ex.  I hope that one day he will come to his senses and look for help like you did!

Take care guy!!

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2007, 07:54:44 pm »
no idea yet on the breed, but definitley something on the smaller side, not too hyper, and hopefully easy to train.   after seeing that new Pedigree commercial for the past few days i think i may be checking out whats at the shelter. 

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2007, 06:22:24 am »
You can think about a mini dachshund since they have no need to be trained as it's usually thought of. A dachshund 'gets' it at the first try and you spend the rest of your and his/her life trying to convince him or her to repeat it.  :) Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline mjmel

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2007, 07:08:11 am »
Welcome to the forum, Roger.................... a.k.a. "The Duece",
You initiated an introduction on this forum and shared a bit of yourself and it didn't come off as being "negative right out the gate."  Nope, not at all.
Glad you found this odd and wonderful forum--during a period of adjustments. So glad to read you are considering adopting a dog. A boxer-mixed pup is a great choice too. Not too hyper but devoted, as well as funny (antics).  A dog will get you out the door and some good looking dude will walk up to you one day and say, "Hi. Nice lookin dog."   ;)
Looking forward to reading your opinions/feedback in this forum.

xxx,
Mike
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 07:10:03 am by mjmel »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.