Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:21:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773266
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 324
Total: 324

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Cats are inherently funny.  (Read 6252 times)

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
Cats are inherently funny.
« on: February 01, 2007, 08:40:38 pm »
But not in that cute way... I like it when it's more demented.

http://www.stuffonmycat.com

http://www.mycathatesyou.com

http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com

Enjoy!
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline dtwpuck

• дано мне тело, что мне делать с ним?
Re: Cats are inherently funny.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 09:31:42 pm »
LaFaunduh agrees.  Although she's kind of busy staring at an ice cube in a bowl.
Floating through the void in the caress of two giant pink lobsters named Esmerelda and Keith.

Offline ademas

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 09:58:22 pm »
cute (yes, in a demented way.)
Reminds me of the old "Bonsai Kitten" site.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 09:59:01 pm »
Well your cats seem tame compared to my four-legged demon kitty. I have to constantly chase him away from the wires around the house cause he likes to bite them. One internet cord has paid the price and so did I, I had to go wireless..Cha ching....For some reason he only goes to the litterbox and does his business in one spot, always leaving a nice little pile of liter outside the box.. and let's not forget he has made the bathtub his personal play box which seem to acquire litter in it as well. And my greatest joy is when he goes in heat and likes to try to show me he is the alpha cat, we have had some classic battles with me being the one wearing the scars... ;D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 10:07:12 pm »
Queen, we need to put your cat with my cat and let them duke it out....they are both demon seeds.

Fang decided to chomp down on my hand last night, and drew blood...took me awhile to get it to stop.   How do you break one from biting you?  And don't tell me to swat her or hit her, she just thinks it is a game and she gets rougher in her playing.   Also, the water pistol or spray bottle?  All just a game to her...
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 10:09:50 pm »
Last night, little Rimjob was cuddling up next to me while I was on the computer... which he clearly saw as an opportune time to bite my chin. 

And hold on.

For no reason.  Seriously, if I had gotten up, it would've been me standing there with a cat hanging off my chin by its damn teeth. 

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 02:06:53 am »
Queen, we need to put your cat with my cat and let them duke it out....they are both demon seeds.

Fang decided to chomp down on my hand last night, and drew blood...took me awhile to get it to stop.   How do you break one from biting you?  And don't tell me to swat her or hit her, she just thinks it is a game and she gets rougher in her playing.   Also, the water pistol or spray bottle?  All just a game to her...

I have a friend who is into cats, I will have to ask her. As far as mine goes when he is in heat he attacks because he is trying to dominate me, the female. I give him a few swats to show him I am dominate and I pay the cost to be the boss. I don't actually be aiming for him but I'll get the broom under his butt. Yeah, I know all about the spray bottle too, doesn't work for mine either but it has been suggested to ge a spray bottle that shoots a very straight stream instead of the bottles that spray like a mist. You can try that Alan. I plan on testing that theory.

Au~~~ Trust me there was a reason for that nip. Prolly because you weren't paying attention to him. Lucifer literally tries to wedge himself between me and my laptop. Does your kitty like to follow the arrow around on the screen?

If you guys have any cat tips please feel free to share..Um, that is alright isn't it Au, since we talking about our kitties?
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline dtwpuck

• дано мне тело, что мне делать с ним?
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 03:57:36 am »
And my greatest joy is when he goes in heat and likes to try to show me he is the alpha cat, we have had some classic battles with me being the one wearing the scars... ;D

HE goes into heat?  There's a new one.
Floating through the void in the caress of two giant pink lobsters named Esmerelda and Keith.

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 11:21:54 am »
I thought females were the ones who went into heat.  Anyhow, have you thought of taking the little guy to the vet to get fixed?  Many times when you fix them, since there are less male hormones coursing through the body, they become calmer, almost motherly--my male is very gentle now (though it could also be because he is thinking, "oh dear what will mommy have lopped off of me next.".  Of course, I have seen it not take effect on some cats (my grandma's being one of them)--though I have a theory that some cats are just naturally demonic no matter what you do to them, but fixing the cat has the opportunity to help--though if you just don't want to get the balls snipped, a good female available might give him something else to take his sexual frustration out on.
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline Tucsonwoody

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 01:35:01 pm »
Never been owned by a cat...yet, but for dogs that need some encouragement to behave, a soda can with a few rocks that you shake when they are casuing trouble seems to help. And when my latest hellion was a puppy he loved to chew on my hands...and chew and chew - so I got some stuff at the pet shop you can spray on your hands that was supposed to taste bad and make him stop....yea right, the chemical warfare didn't work but he finally grew out of it...most of the time!

Always fun to read about your kitty cats...maybe one day I'll have to let one adopt me.
And I wished for guidance, and I wished for peace
I could see the lightning; somewhere in the east
And I wished for affection, and I wished for calm
As I lay there - Nervous in the light of dawn

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 02:13:23 pm »

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 03:47:17 pm »
shoot the cat

http://www.richsalter.btinternet.co.uk/cks1/index.html

Thanks, Bailey... my productivity has just gone from virtually non-existent to definitely non-existent...

That game rules!   ;D

Offline marco23

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 04:03:41 pm »
Sorry, not a cat person...them pussies are cute....but not for me!
Don't hide your hurt, pain and feelings inside..for they will harden your heart.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 07:11:38 pm »
HE goes into heat?  There's a new one.

Well maybe heat is the wrong term to use. But males cats go through their thing too. How do you think they know when to come around a female. I will eventually get him fixed when the funds become available but til then we have domination issues. ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2007, 09:15:00 pm »
Love those cats. Thanks for posting those. Cristy

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 11:14:58 pm »
I've been owned by six cats:

Yoda, dumber than a box of hair
Darth, indolent like me, liked to be in the room when I was having sex
Savi, I'm a princess, who are you?
Genji, cuz he looked like a Japanese prince when he was little
Tobermory, named after my favorite cat story (by Saki), died of renal failure
Maya, still thinks she's a kitten

I think I'll let one or two more adopt me soon.
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline bear60

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2007, 07:02:13 pm »
Cats make a wonderful companion......
Buster is our cat
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline fearless

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2007, 09:39:04 pm »
There cute Benj.

There used to be a website a few years back: cat-scan.com or something, where people were encouraged to scan their kitty cats and then post the pics. some were hilarious. It's gone now though. damn it.

the first pic is my two, Venus and Serena, doing the things sisters do.
the other three are from the now defunct cat-scan site

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 09:53:42 pm by fearless »
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2007, 09:57:36 pm »
Joel, Buster looks a lot like my Fang......

she has some white on her face though.
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline fearless

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2007, 09:58:13 pm »
and this is weird.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline lucas

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2007, 11:52:19 pm »
I though People with the virus are not supossed to have cats, or at least I know I've read it somewhere.

Offline Tucsonwoody

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2007, 12:36:15 am »
Hey Lucas - you can have kitty's around - just should take some extra precautions to reduce the chance of getting Toxoplasmosis. 

From this site: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pubs/brochure/oi_toxo.htm

"toxo," is a common infection among people with HIV and AIDS. It usually affects the central nervous system, including the brain. Many people infected with toxo have no symptoms. However, people with HIV or AIDS often get ill from toxo infection. Toxo can be spread in two ways: 1) by eating undercooked meat; and 2) through contact with infected cat stool.

Take special care if you have a cat. You do not need to give up your cat.

Ask someone who is not infected with HIV and is not pregnant to change the litter box daily. This will help get rid of any toxo germs before they can infect you. If you must clean the box yourself, wear gloves and wash your hands well with soap and water right after changing the litter.

Keep your cat indoors to prevent it from hunting.   Feed your cat only cat food or cook all meat thoroughly before giving it to your cat. Do not give your cat raw or undercooked meat. If you adopt or buy a cat, get one that is healthy and at least 1 year old.  Avoid stray cats and kittens. They are more likely than other cats to be infected with toxo.

Wash your hands well after touching raw meat and after gardening, yard work, and other outdoor activities. Wash all fruits and vegetables well before eating them raw.

And I wished for guidance, and I wished for peace
I could see the lightning; somewhere in the east
And I wished for affection, and I wished for calm
As I lay there - Nervous in the light of dawn

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2007, 12:53:30 am »
I had heard that about the toxo thing and cats. I clean Lucifer's box everyday. When I noticed he has done his business then I come in and scoop it out. Nothing really sits overnight unless it's done while I am sleeping. That seems like tmi to me, kinda like parents talking about their baby's shitty diaper.  Oh God..... :o
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline mjmel

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 07:05:06 am »
I though People with the virus are not supossed to have cats, or at least I know I've read it somewhere.

Yeah, the compromised immune system aspect. It's the dust from a cat litter box that is the culprit for possible respiratory infections. Avoid using dusty cat litter; use the more expensive stuff which clumps (and has odor absorbing properties). Use a dust mask. Ours don't stay in the house anymore. Caught them on the kitchen counter too many times. OH NO! NOT where I prepare our food! They like hanging out in the hay barn now.

Edited because sometimes I word my posts a bit harshly. Which I don't mean to do.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 10:38:32 am by mjmel »

Offline bear60

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2007, 10:25:57 am »
Lucas
I believe the information about toxo started very ealy on in the HIV epidemic.  Early on there was so much fear and people were dying of wierd opportunistic infections.....including toxo.
Now, the predominant lesson is that having pets....or in most cases KEEPING your pet.....is better than not having one.  Adult cats that are house cats are not a danger for toxo in my book.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.