Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:29:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 199
Total: 199

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I beg yout help i am desperated!!!  (Read 12879 times)

Offline mipiruchito

I beg yout help i am desperated!!!
« on: March 14, 2008, 11:03:21 am »
Sorry if i forgot my password, and i can not articulate my words properly,

Last night 8 hours ago I was with a transexual of unknown status in south america i place a condom in a dildo and penetrate her ass with lubricant for 2minutes then after 2 or 3 minutes of being out the dildo of her body not sure if dried she touch it and did put the head in my ass only the head for 8 seconds??? but i dont think it was dried?? here nobody know to much about pep but i am really desperated on tried to asses my risk..

please help me guys i haent sleep don know what to do

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: I beg yout help i am desperated!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 01:58:47 pm »
Slow down and take a few good deep and slow breaths right now. HIV is a fragile virus and not easily transmitted. It is NOT transmitted on surfaces or on objects such as a dildo. The penetration as you have described it was a matter of very few seconds. I don't see any cause for further concern and certainly PEP would be totally inappropriate in relation to this incident.

Take a breath a let go of this worry. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline mipiruchito

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 04:14:51 pm »
Andy thank you so much! But what should i do?should i Test?i thought that fluids on the condom pose some risk? And the brief penetration 8/20 seconds but only the top doesntput me at serious risk?
I am having difficulties on letting go

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 04:16:37 pm »
No, you don't need to test for HIV because someone stuck a dildo in your butt.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 04:26:48 pm »
Testing is not necessary for this incident. Read our lesson on Transmission. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section. No one's ever been infected in the manner you are concerned about and you won't make history by becoming the first.

Give it up and get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline mipiruchito

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 04:33:53 pm »
Andy i will read all your replys for hours untill i believe it!
Whats is that i canot convince myself?
Are you stating that no one ever have never been infected this way sharing toys or the way happen to me?
Thats great data for me andy tks again

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 09:58:06 pm »
I've never known of anyone to be infected in that manner nor have I ever seen any data to suggest the contrary.

You're worrying needlessly.

However, other STDs can be transmitted much more easily. We always advise anyone who's sexually active to have a full STD panel done regularly, which means at least annually and more frequently if there is any doubt about any STDs.
Andy Velez

Offline mipiruchito

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 06:28:26 am »
Tks andy for bringing me down in the middle of my crisis
I will performed a full check up anyway
How long should i wait?
Andy last question when you say that HIV doesnt transmit well in oder surfaces that included a condom? The dildo have condom on it? And wasnt replace?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 08:53:38 am »
The dildo touching the surface of the condom wouldn't have created a risk.
Andy Velez

Offline mipiruchito

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 10:20:58 am »
Andy sorry my english is nor very good could you expand? I think this gentlemen Matty confused the indident?
I was exposed to the same whatever fluids where in the condom after being used on the other person anus after 2 minutes of being exposed to the air?
You mentioned that hiv is not transmited through other surfaces? Does that include the condom latex?
Do you think that the virud exposed to the air for 2 minutes get destroyed or damage enough to not infect?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 01:55:29 pm »
I understand exactly what you are describing about the re-used condom. Viable HIV would not transmit to the condom and endanger you when you put it on.

I repeat what I have said before: you are worrying needlessly. Go ahead an test at the appropriate time if you must for your peace of mind and collect the negative result I expect you to receive. 
Andy Velez

Offline mipiruchito

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 02:24:04 pm »
Andy I dont want to take any of your valuable time to others!
However just to easy my 3 month waiting to test, there still somethings i dont understand or know if I express correctly concerning the incident and i dont know how to tell you, you do millions replies a day.
Is there any way that I can clarify or you what happened?
Very probably is me not being very rational on my 100 questions.
Please let me know if im being disturbing to you or if you think that it will be dificult to get more explanatio
Tks

Offline bearby

• April 2007
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 02:43:18 pm »
I myself suggest that for your own piece of mind that you might want to find a place like an aso ( aids service organization ) that gives the free orasure test ( orasure is an oral test where they take a swab of the fluids in your mouth  and can then   tell you if the  hiv virus exists in your saliva or not .)
 But if that is the way that you decide to go make sure that you have some one with you to make hearing it go smoothly because a positive test of course means that you are going to need counseling because  such a disastrous thing to hear usually drives some people into depression  which is the down fall of a lot of people if their cd4 ( viral load )  isn't up to the normal levels that it should be to make those common things just that common illnesses that can be handled by mainly over the counter meds .
 I know that when I got my news on Christmas eve back in 1987 I laid in the hospital bed as the Dr delivered that news to me then when I got home I went into denial big time .
 I did not even sleep with my partner for the next two years for fear of some how infecting him in some manner or way  .
 But once again  just to ease your  mind I suggest that you go on and have an orasure test done in the privacy of a Dr's office or an aso office ( I keep advocating having it  done at an aso because they have the counselor's there on hand that can help ease your mind that NO you are not going to die in the next ten  years but rather you will more than likely  die from old age  or getting into an auto accident  that to die from aids .
Have you preformed your random act of kindness today ?

Offline mipiruchito

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 03:01:56 pm »
Tks bearby for your words.
There are not such a thins as oral test down here and I think that it takes at least 3 month to convert right?
Are you able to interpret my risk I am not sire that i describe well the incident

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 05:09:40 pm »
Feelings are not facts. A test result is a fact. There is nothing you have reported which suggests to me  that you had a real risk for transmission.

The average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the very smallest number who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure. The CDC recommends testing at 13 weeks for an absolutely reliable result.

And I am not willing to get into a back and forth in which you want every bit of minutae explored about what happened. That's your anxiety talking, which is understandable, but something I am not going to indulge in. Get productively busy with other things and the time for waiting to test will pass much more quickly than you may imagine is possible. Ultimately every else other than testing is just guessing. So quit guessing and get busy with other things.
Andy Velez

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 05:10:56 pm »
Bearby, your intentions are good but only those authorized by this site are supposed to answer the questions here. So please don't take on that role. Thanks for your cooperation. 
Andy Velez

Offline mipiruchito

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 06:12:11 pm »
Andy this will be the last post i do but just please ansewr if you understood that iwas penetrated with the same dildo with the same condom for a brief instnat 8/20 seconds only the top thats all i need to here to validate yor kind assesmnets

Offline mipiruchito

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 08:48:00 pm »
Andy I guess I will have to trust that you understood correcrtly my whole incident and you give me the best posible advice and that PEP was not recomended
Thanks anyway

Offline mipiruchito

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 10:14:30 am »
Andy I will go to my near Hospital on monday to ask for support and advice i do have a lot lenguage barriers that doesnt help me in your idiom i take me a lot to  write you, i been looking. Some internet parts that are not that positive as you say?
Could you ask ann about if she could give? I am sad that she broke up?
I am just asking for some patience for us who dont speak good the lenguage and you are the experts, i understand that some isues most be very bothering to reply, something for sure us that i

Offline mipiruchito

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 10:20:39 am »
Is That i will get tested no question, but dealing with the felings are not easy i am only asking if the esenario i described was clear and the probabilitis are low or not? i dont know please tried to be as empataize as you do with oders. No desire to bother any of you guys you are the only ones that can give me real advice on what to espect

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 10:28:15 am »
By all means go and check things out at your hospital if that will help you.

I keep saying the same thing to you about no risk but it doesn't seem to give you the reassurance you want. So go to the hospital and see what they have to say to  you. Hopefully you will get the reassurance there that will put this issue to rest for you.

I don't see there's anything more for us to do for you here.
Andy Velez

Offline mipiruchito

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 11:34:21 am »
Tks again andy!
Please find why i was not sure about if you really understood what did happened to me? It was more into the category of sharing sex toys? With a 1 or 2 miunute interval?
I look in your lessons but i didnt found nothing similar please just look at this
http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/TransmissionSexual/Q9657.html
The feel is a risky activity
Please dont get upset i am looking for more especific replies to what happened to me?
You probably didnt understood my limites inglish

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 11:59:45 am »
I'm not going to get into a back and forth about what you have read on The Body or any other site.

I understand very well what your situation is. I am not willing to continue to rehash the same details over and over again. I've given you my opinion. If that is not sufficient for you, it's all I can offer and you have to decide what is best for yourself.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 12:01:24 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline mipiruchito

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2008, 12:08:24 pm »
No more questions andy i can see you did understood what my real risk was.
Are you intrested on what happened next? Or you prefered not be boder?
Tks for the patience in a.onth i will do a full std chevkup

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2008, 03:00:53 pm »
Sure, you can let us know when you test. Good luck. I don't expect any bad news from you.
Andy Velez

Offline mipiruchito

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 03:21:52 pm »
Hi Andy i just came from the doctor at the hospital and he say that I need to performed a full test of std now and another at a month then 3 month and 6 months? Wow and that it was a risk incident period??? This guy was worst than you on ending discusions?
That i could it be exposed to blood or cervical whatever?
Pep wasnt necesary but now my legs are somehow shaking with diarrea.
I want and need to hang on you but do you have anything esle you could share with me on whats next??or why is not a risk?
Could

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 05:05:39 pm »
You have been told several times that you were not at risk...please read the quote below...take the advise you have been given here and move on, if you insist on posting over this incident then you will be given a TO (Time out)

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline mipiruchito

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 06:45:32 pm »
...Face to face? Thats what i did today? Am i geting crazy or in a terrible denile?
I make specific questions to my concerns and dont recived specific answers?
The hospital today gave me a diferent scsnario thats all if you prefered to give me a TO is up to you. I dont understand the pourpose of a forum if is not to ask questions? At the end the kind of support you provided is somehow very controversial.

Offline mipiruchito

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 06:52:44 pm »
I am nobody to judge nobody i fell gtrafull that you provide me some answers is better than nothing.
If i may suggestes you should do a survey with your users so you can improve the users expectations in terms of serious doubts or concerns of serious people thats all and it is just a thought. Or if it gets frustated answer stupid questions you should rotate.
Ann and Andy cant go from the forum they are part of it but annie are you new?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 07:08:45 pm »
Mip,

Look closely under "Annie's" username. It says Global Moderator. No, she's not new!

You'll have to decide for yourself who you feel more comfortable listening to. Our answers are not going to change, no matter how many times you keep asking the same question.

You've already been warned about excessive posting, now I'm giving you that time out "Annie" promised you.

Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mipiruchito

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2010, 10:14:23 pm »
I just came from my gymnastic class, and I was doing parallels when my hand start bleeding due to strong friction, which is some how common? but the open wound was not to deep.....? At the same time some other colleague went through the same circumstance and it was blood on the same surface?....not too much just painted and i did make sure before in my turn and after, to insure it was dry with my other hand? with intervals of 30 to 60 seconds each time we use the parallels?
Everything was find until I realize that it was not very wise to continue exercising?? neither for me or the other fellows! I start some how to get nervous and decide to came home and write you immediately.
Is there is any remote chance that by exposing my damage hand somehow bleeding slightly, to a potential and recently dried blood surface be a risk exposure?
Not sure if I'm over reacting by I will appreciate clarification.
Excuse my English I'm not that fluent, and if you need to expand on the matter? with great pleasure.
Tks in advance.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2010, 10:57:13 pm »
Seek professional mental help for your phobias.

Offline mipiruchito

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2010, 11:04:49 pm »
Its always a pleasure your feedback! However if I may suggested you should be a moderator on the "kill yourself forum" or on the "I hate you all forum"

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2010, 11:12:07 pm »
Its always a pleasure your feedback! However if I may suggested you should be a moderator on the "kill yourself forum" or on the "I hate you all forum"

Mip,

This is not an acceptable way to speak to Rod. He is quite right, you should seek some professional help with your phobias around HIV.

Nothing you have described in your most recent post was a risk for HIV. Getting blood on your hand will not give you HIV. You do not need to be tested.

MtD

Offline mipiruchito

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2010, 11:26:36 pm »
I havent post in more than two years if I can recall!!!! Ive made a simple especific question with out offending no one especting an especific respectfull answer...!
Thank you for your reply.....Im glad AIDSMEDS in a non Profit organization? otherwise guys as Rapid Doggy would be fired, we all have bad days and problems, but someone should clarify him what are the requirements in terms of behaviours and having a decent atitude towards the folks asking advise on this forum!!   

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2010, 11:36:15 pm »
I havent post in more than two years if I can recall!!!! Ive made a simple especific question with out offending no one especting an especific respectfull answer...!
Thank you for your reply.....Im glad AIDSMEDS in a non Profit organization? otherwise guys as Rapid Doggy would be fired, we all have bad days and problems, but someone should clarify him what are the requirements in terms of behaviours and having a decent atitude towards the folks asking advise on this forum!!   

AIDSmeds.com has never been a non-profit organisation. It has always been a private company with a profit making objective. It is currently owned by a company called Smart+Strong.

Rod's answer to you was perfectly civil and quite correct. Your rude outburst, on the other hand, was just part of a pattern of bad behaviour you've exhibited here over the last couple of years; posting excessively about non risk situations, creating multiple threads and today being abusive towards people who are trying to help you.

I note you have received a temporary ban in the past for this sort of stuff.

If you have a problem with the way Rod or anyone else has dealt with you, use the "report to moderator" function or direct a private message to Ann or Andy Velez. Don't throw tantrums and abuse people.

I have referred your posts to the Moderators for review.

MtD

Offline mipiruchito

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2010, 11:56:16 pm »
Dont worry Matty, what goes around comes around! time will tell as always...!
There are many more important things to do do for all of us, I guess.....but remeber that denile is not a river...!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2010, 12:00:46 am »
Dont worry Matty, what goes around comes around! time will tell as always...!
There are many more important things to do do for all of us, I guess.....but remeber that denile is not a river...!

Whatever. ::)

Since you have better things to do and given that your question has been answered, I suggest you run along. A moderator will take a look at this thread presently.

MtD

Offline David Evans

• Standard
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2010, 12:27:06 am »
Mirpuchito-

None of your postings exhibit any real risk for HIV. You have been reassured here before, excessively so, and had to be given a time out, because you wouldn't, or couldn't, accept a simple answer. This time is no different. If you persist in worrying about incidents that do not put you at risk, you really might benefit from seeking help for that. Either way, please don't continue posting on this topic, or you will be banned.

David
AIDSmeds Moderator

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.