Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:13:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 295
Total: 295

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: ARS and immune system  (Read 6371 times)

Offline caliboy555

• Standard
ARS and immune system
« on: August 06, 2008, 01:31:13 pm »
Is it true that people with no ARS symtoms or few have a better outlook then someone with servere ARS symtoms.

Offline Iggy

Re: ARS and immune system
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 01:38:09 pm »
Hey Caliboy,

First and Foremost - Welcome!

Your question (and any possible answer) is too broad to give.  There are too many variables from each person and their numbers to what issues they are suffering from to give any significant insight.

Can you provide more information about yourself and numbers and what specifically is troubling you?

I will say that I know people who are 20+ who have gone through the gamut of issues and have good outlooks in general.

You may also want to check the lessons which really are terrific in walking one through everything.

http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/Introduction_4702.shtml

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 01:54:44 pm »
I was sicker than I've ever been in my life during my seroconversion, yet over eleven years later my numbers are good and I don't yet need the meds.

Go figure.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline caliboy555

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 01:57:02 pm »
well i tested negative at 4 and 5 weeks but i know im positive because i experienced these ars symtoms and my sexual partner also started experiencing these symtoms. yall say you cannot become infected through a blow job but i think i have. This hiv positive person has performed oral on me with cutts on her inside cheek. she purposly infected me.

Anyway i been researching all about the hiv disease and i was getting ready for when i get the positive test results.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 02:03:04 pm »
Cali,

Until such time as you've actually tested positive, you should NOT post anywhere other than the Am I Infected forum, where I've moved your  thread. DO NOT POST IN THE LIVING FORUM AGAIN!

Please READ and ABIDE by our forum posting guidelines, found in the Welcome Thread. Please consider yourself warned and thank you for your cooperation.

Not one person has EVER become infected though getting blown, cuts on cheeks or whatever. You won't be the first, no matter how special you think you might be. You're not.

Getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv infection and your test results are NOT going to change. No ands, ifs or buts about it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline caliboy555

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 02:09:19 pm »
well your reply puts me at ease but i donot wanna accept it.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 09:05:19 pm by caliboy555 »

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 03:08:27 pm »
well your reply puts me at ease but i donot wanna accept it.

And there ya go. You have the science. You have the combined experience of decades of study. You have the statistical fact that NO documented case of HIv has been transmitted through receiving fellatio.  You have the knowledge that even simian and primate studies have been unable to create an infection in such a manner. You know that saliva contains over a dozen different elements which neutralize the virus.

On the upside, were you to be the first human in the history of the pandemic to be documented as having gotten HIV this way, your medical care would be likely free, as science would have to ascertain why your body composition is so different than any other human.

Posting in the LIVING WITH forum was pretty insensitive and rude on your part. I give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe you did not read the LESSONS which specify where and how uninfected people may post. For those living with HV, this is a supportive and presumably safe environment. THIS section of the web site was created especially, specifically for those like yourselves who are concerned over transmission issues. It is based on the latest first-tiered peer-reviewed science, and it is without peer in accuracy and fact-checking.

You do not get HIV from receiving fellatio. YOU DO NOT. The very notion is offensive, and further stigmatizes the HIV infected people (many of whom you have turned to for help here). Were there a test for guilt, I am certain you would test positive for it.

But you do NOT get HIV from receiving a blow job. Cuts in the mouth notwithstanding. If you need me to quote chapter and verse from the scientific journals, I will happily do so.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline caliboy555

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 09:03:47 pm »
Thanks for you guys reply
I am going to go back to the GUM clinic next week and get a 3 month test.

Offline caliboy555

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 05:01:12 pm »
i tested negative 1 day shy of 7 weeks post exposure. I thought it was gonna be possitive but wasnt when can i stop testing and move on i hope it keeps coming up negative ofcourse.

P.S. The GUM clinic for 3 month test is next month not week.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 05:10:01 pm »
Do you come to the forum to get answers or just post?  Go reread jkinatl2 reply to you.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 05:20:39 pm »
Cali,

I've already asked you to read and ABIDE by our posting guidelines, found in the Welcome thread. Yet I find you're in other people's threads. Why? I've deleted your comments, by the way.

You haven't had a risk. You aren't going to test positive.

If you continue to post about this no risk blowjob and post where you're not meant to, you won't just be timed out, you'll be banned. Once again, please ABIDE by our posting guidelines.

Please consider yourself warned for the last time.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline caliboy555

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 05:27:44 pm »
Sorry for posting in other peoples threads i thought i should tell them there was risk because i had risk and felt concerned. anyway

here is my question i tested negative at 7 weeks. is this likely to change when to test for conclusive results? is this conclusive.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2008, 05:31:54 pm »
Is there a reason that you don't understand, NO RISK?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 05:35:11 pm »
Cali,

Your feelings are not facts. We deal with facts in this forum.

I've already answered your question. Your test result is not going to change because you have not had a risk. You do not have hiv. Your seven week result is CONCLUSIVE.

If you don't feel well, go see your doctor. Whatever is going on has nothing to do with hiv. You do not have hiv.

Make sure you READ and ABIDE by the posting guidelines found in the Welcome thread. I won't tell you again, I'll simply ban you. You're out of warnings.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline caliboy555

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 05:38:16 pm »
ok thanks for the replies guys i will not post anymore. i would like to say under normal circumstances oral sex is no risk. but when a partner cuts his mouth to purposly infect you the risks certainly must go up. i will test at 12 weeks and be conclusive on that and keep you guys updated.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 05:48:21 pm »
That would make you both uneducated about HIV transmission by those thoughts. One, for him to think he could infect you in that manner and you for believing it.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 05:53:55 pm »
Cali,

If an hiv positive person were to want to deliberately infect you, he'd deposit a load up your bottom. He wouldn't do himself damage by cutting his mouth - which wouldn't work anyway.

Unless you're in the habit of punching a person in the mouth before they blow you - repeatedly until they were literally spewing blood - there wouldn't be enough blood present to pose the possibility of infecting you.

Maybe you need to talk over with a mental health care professional this idea of yours of someone being out to deliberately infect you . Where I come from, they call that paranoia. We cannot help you with that here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.