Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:07:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 211
Total: 211

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What have you stolen?  (Read 16699 times)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
What have you stolen?
« on: April 15, 2010, 02:40:24 pm »
Was in an expensive but not luxury design store the other day and a friend of mine stole a few little things worth about 100 USD.  She made sure I saw her in the act.  The items were kinda silly but maybe nice to have and even better if free.  I told her it wasn't worth the risk and the hassle of being caught for petty shoplifting. Anyway she stole them and somehow we managed without arranging it to walk out of the store separately -- I was buying something -- which suited me.  I didn't mention it again.

One time in college this incredibly sexy and cocky guy on my floor and I went food shopping and he put a stick of butter down his pants.  Or now that I think back, so many years, maybe he put a pack of meat down there and a sick of butter in his jeans jacket pocket.  I remember the butter, anyway, and the crotch.  Since we lived in a dorm, again it was kinda weird - raw meat? butter? we ate in the cafeteria -- and he made sure I saw him in the act.  It really turned me on.

I was in Paris in the 90's and in a happy place in my life. I was in a big department store and suddenly decided to steal some beautiful glass beads.  Couldn't have been more than about 100 USD and probably a bit overpriced for what they were.  Useless items I wanted for free, I guess.

I was stopped at the door and the guy started to march me around the corner to the back entrance to security (strange?).  The street was crowded and I just shook him off my arm, and said au revoir it's not worth the hassle.  He shrugged and watched me walk away.  Walk away!  hehehe

I worked at a big investment bank in New York for a few months as a temp between semesters.  They were obnoxious and really rich. Well a few people were nice, but generally toxic atmosphere.  (Now we all know this bank was full of skanks and shadey deals, revealed by the financial crisis.) Anyhoo - I stole something that was just dying to be taken, worth quite a bit, a few thousand USDs, and there was no risk of being caught and the item had been pretty much forgotten.

Still theft is theft.  

I saw these really cool 50's industrial tables at a university I worked at and was dying to steal one, but refrained.  They were in storage, no less.  It wasn't obvious how to steal one and I felt grown up and it wasn't worth the risk at all!

When I was a teenager I would steal Playgirl magazines and wack off with them in the woods.

So come on, cop to what you have stolen.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18yDLnCsoiU
Winona Ryder Shoplifting Commercial

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 06:03:16 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
Re: What have you stolen?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 03:03:17 pm »
I rarely pay for pens (current fave is the Sharpie retractable), lip balm (Burt's or, preferably, Nivea), reading glasses, and a few other items easily opened and casually dropped in a pocket.   Items in that damn plastic molded packaging are the worst so a few times I've grabbed a pair of scissors from the shelf and cut the package open, removing the desired item and ditching the scissors at the same time.

A couple of hours ago I walked to Walgreens in a $2 pair of flip-flops I bought there yesterday but they had no support so I put a better pair in my basket, casually dropped them on the floor and slipped my size 4 feet into them, then pushed the crappy flip-flops onto a shelf.  So it really wasn't stealing, just trading up.

I  always spend far more on other items when I shop/shoplift so it's merely a shopper's incentive.  In my own small way I'm trying to bring  about the collapse of free-market capitalism... by freeing items from the market.

I never steal from local chains or small local stores unless they piss me off. 
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 03:10:38 pm »
Besides a handful of candy once as a kid I have never stolen . I have friends that seemed to have sticky fingers . As far as I can tell some people are just naturally attracted to such activities by nature . I didn't get that gene I suppose .

I rarely lie either unless its to avoid hurting someones feelings . Kinda like when a woman ask does this make my ass look big and you say no even though it does . Or when a my black girlfriend ask does this make my ass look big and I say yes even though it doesn't .    
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 05:44:36 pm »
As a teenager I shoplifted a Playgirl and then went back and put the money on the cash register when the clerk wasn't looking.

When I was a college student my dad sent me a birthday check for $50 and when I cashed it the teller put the money in an envelope. When I got home I saw she had given me $150. I really needed it at the time and didn't return it, even though I should have.

I don't think I have ever intentionally stolen anything of value.

Offline john33

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 05:52:06 pm »
ignoring a handful of sweets when i was a kid (penny chews)

i payed 3 pounds in penny's into the bank. the clerk pressed the zero key too many times and when i checkedmy account i ended up with 300 pounds. I never said anything 5oh the shame lol)

John

Offline BlueMoon

• Calling from the Fun House
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 05:56:48 pm »
Second base.
It's a complex world

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 06:24:37 pm »
Second base.

Well, that was rude!

How did those poor schmucks finish the game?

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 06:59:04 pm »

I'm innocent.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 07:11:50 pm »
I am adamantly against consciously stealing anything or lying.  I am a total pen klepto though.  I'll keep it in my hand and walk out if you don't say something.  All the things you guys described consciously stealing make me cringe.  If I can't afford to pay for it I'll try to do without it.  As for mistakes in my favor that isn't stealing it's neglecting to correct a mistake.

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 07:22:19 pm »
...  All the things you guys described consciously stealing make me cringe.  If I can't afford to pay for it I'll try to do without it.  As for mistakes in my favor that isn't stealing it's neglecting to correct a mistake.

Cringe all you want but you're stealing if you gain from someone else's mistake and, I might add, in many businesses the practice is to dock the employee's wages for his/her mistake.  You seem to feel morally superior but stealing is stealing, even if it's only a pen.

It's not a matter of being able to afford something.  It's the fun!

Offline fearless

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 07:23:15 pm »
I stole 64 trillion dollars once
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 07:28:20 pm »

I wondered what happened to my penny collection.  Thief!!

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 07:46:16 pm »

Well hey Bernie Madoff

Offline tokyodecadence

• A one room disco.
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 07:47:37 pm »
I'm too afraid to steal. :/ I'd get caught just by me being panicky and weird.
[.Fodão.]

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 07:53:29 pm »
I've never stolen anything in my lifetime, I was always taught that If I didn't have the money for it, I could always save up for it, or just managed to do without it, and in doing so, I found out, I really didn't need it at all, I only wanted it, but after thinking about just how trivial it was, I then used to laugh at myself for even wanting something I really had no use for, so by then I'd already saved the money for whatever it was, and spent it on something I really needed  :D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 07:56:00 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 10:42:34 pm »
In high school we used to steal those street barricades with the cool flashing orange lights on them. One particular night after a rather good haul of barricades we were heading to my house with a back seat full of flashing orange lights and barricades, some sticking out the window, we had so many orange lights flashing I could barely see to drive. You could see us coming from a mile away. And yes, of course, we attracted the attention of a passing cop. After several attempts at trying to explain away the barricades our parents were called and we had "Alot of splaining to do". That was a 3 month grounding. *sigh*

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 10:55:15 pm »
In high school we used to steal those street barricades with the cool flashing orange lights on them. One particular night after a rather good haul of barricades we were heading to my house with a back seat full of flashing orange lights and barricades, some sticking out the window, we had so many orange lights flashing I could barely see to drive. You could see us coming from a mile away. And yes, of course, we attracted the attention of a passing cop. After several attempts at trying to explain away the barricades our parents were called and we had "Alot of splaining to do". That was a 3 month grounding. *sigh*

-Will

LOL some of my friends got drunk one night and went and stole mailboxes of all things.  The next morning they awoke to cops banging on the door asking if their parents if they knew how like 20 mailboxes ended up in the bed of their children's truck.  That was particularly swift of them, leaving the evidence lying around.  If you aren't aware that is a really big bad offense, seeing as you could potentially be stealing someone's mail when you take the whole mailbox.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 11:01:00 pm »
LOL some of my friends got drunk one night and went and stole mailboxes of all things.  The next morning they awoke to cops banging on the door asking if their parents if they knew how like 20 mailboxes ended up in the bed of their children's truck.  That was particularly swift of them, leaving the evidence lying around.  If you aren't aware that is a really big bad offense, seeing as you could potentially be stealing someone's mail when you take the whole mailbox.

Yes, isnt that a Federal offense? At least barricade stealin is jsut a state offense, and if your a Juvenile you just get your parents called (which in my case was worse than spending a night in juvy)
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 11:18:39 pm »

When I was 19 I was a crackhead... I am embarassed to say if something wasn't chained to the ground I stole it.  It was 9 months of pure hell and a lot of people never forgave me for it, can't say I blame them.  I never stole anything before or after that little 9 month window.   I supported my habit mainly by stealing Toyotas.  The 1988 SR-5 twin-cam Coralla came with racing seats and a blaupunkt car stereo and helped support my up to $500 a day habit.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 11:20:24 pm »

When I was 19 I was a crackhead... I am embarassed to say if something wasn't chained to the ground I stole it.  It was 9 months of pure hell and a lot of people never forgave me for it, can't say I blame them.  I never stole anything before or after that little 9 month window.   I supported my habit mainly by stealing Toyotas.  The 1988 SR-5 twin-cam Coralla came with racing seats and a blaupunkt car stereo and helped support my up to $500 a day habit.

We have a winner.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline StacheBC

• Hello
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 11:31:05 pm »
A heart
 ::)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 11:43:26 pm »
A heart
 ::)

::vomits in his mouth::

silly stache :)

Never stolen anything other than a toy knife when I was six or seven.  It broke as soon as I got home.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2010, 11:44:17 pm »
Cringe all you want but you're stealing if you gain from someone else's mistake and, I might add, in many businesses the practice is to dock the employee's wages for his/her mistake.  You seem to feel morally superior but stealing is stealing, even if it's only a pen.

It's not a matter of being able to afford something.  It's the fun!

Perhaps you should find another hobby if you steal for fun.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 11:45:11 pm »
We have a winner.

LOL Well thanks, but I really was a loser. :D

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 11:52:57 pm »
Perhaps you should find another hobby if you steal for fun.

I tried but no one else wanted to form a Mah Jongg club. 

Maybe you should kiss my ass and take the utility pole out of yours.   Just an idea...

Offline ademas

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 02:48:12 am »
I stole a carton of Tareyton 100's with my "girlfriend" from Kmart in 7th grade.

I stole about $10 worth of stuff for Christmas gifts when I was in 5th grade.

I bought a CD/Cassette player boombox in 1993 at a wholesale club, and when I got home discovered that they had given a 2-pack.  I didn't return the extra one (I think it was about $70 worth).

I felt really guilty about the CD/Cassette thing for the longest time.

Offline mecch

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 05:40:39 am »
Skeebo did you steel from friends?  That must have been awful!
I had an addict friend steal from me. She's still a friend but I don't leave anything too tempting around when I invite her for dinner. 

Speaking of,
There is one group of people in my area known for being rather slippery fingered.  I don't want to say - so as not accused of being prejudiced. I certainly wasnt prejudiced with my sexuality - so in my particularly slutty past, whenever I had a coup arranged with one of these guys, I would lock everything away! Me bad! I'd never let them sleep over.

Someone I know was drunk, it was late and he picked up a hottie from this "group".  The guy drugged my friend, maybe raped him, and stole 10's of thousands of stuff from the apartment, which had been lent. It was a catastrophe!

It's sweet to know most of you are such boy scouts.   

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 06:15:12 am »
Maybe you should kiss my ass and take the utility pole out of yours.   Just an idea...

So sorry.  Why should I bother to read as much as might be relevant before making a conclusion?  You don't.

Put me on ignore with etay.  I can live without the ignorance and hubris of a 20 something.

People without minds don't matter, and minds without people are just matter...

Boo:

What is up with you, man? Your retorts are becoming increasingly acerbic and abusive and the moderator reports are now arriving at a steady clip. You're still on post-ban probation. If you really do care about this place and want to stick around, please curtail the nastiness. I went out on a limb and allowed you to come back -- please don't make me regret this.

Tim 

Offline darkerpozz

• I'll be with you in a sec...
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 08:16:22 am »
Oh please, I'll apologize for him cause he continually cracks me up. I love his tone and humor and if they don't like him I love that it doesn't matter.Don't make him be too good

Offline darkerpozz

• I'll be with you in a sec...
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2010, 08:31:16 am »
When I was in my early years I bought a candy bar and my sister started crying for one I had no money so I stole one for her and got caught.This man walks us back to the office and my sister turns into a freak and threatens to pull all her hair out and bite herself to death. Unable to control my sister I got in more trouble cause he called stepdaddy who removed all embarassment and about a half inch of my ass. Thank God some stereotypes are true and I was left with enough to work with...ass they say and baby did I work...

Offline denb45

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2010, 09:12:20 am »
I had an addict friend steal from me. She's still a friend but I don't leave anything too tempting around when I invite her for dinner. 

Maybe you need to pick better friends, if I invited someone into my home, and they stole form me, I wouldn't call them a friend  ;)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2010, 09:27:18 am »
Maybe you need to pick better friends, if I invited someone into my home, and they stole form me, I wouldn't call them a friend  ;)

I had a friend that stole from me when he was using drugs and addicted . I trust this friend now that he is sober and know he wont do that to me again .

I make jokes about my past drug use but its not something I'm proud of and certainly not the sum of who I am now . I wouldn't want to be judged for the rest of my life for things that I did long ago .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2010, 10:34:25 am »
My addicted friend is a good soul and trying to do as well as she can in a very rotten situation.

Offline denb45

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2010, 10:40:17 am »

I had a friend that stole from me when he was using drugs and addicted . I trust this friend now that he is sober and know he wont do that to me again .

I make jokes about my past drug use but its not something I'm proud of and certainly not the sum of who I am now . I wouldn't want to be judged for the rest of my life for things that I did long ago .   

Now he's Sober, that's Great, I hope he stays that way  :D

Offline denb45

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2010, 10:42:20 am »
My addicted friend is a good soul and trying to do as well as she can in a very rotten situation.
Perhaps you can help her by pointing her into a rehab-recovery-program, to help make her rotten situation a lot better, if she is indeed a friend, that's if she really wants any help at all  ;)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:44:23 am by denb45 »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2010, 11:18:51 am »

A little background if I may... and of course anyone has my permission to use this as ammo anytime they want.

To answer your question Mecch, they were friends who were once strangers.  I was kicked out of my house when I was 16, because my mother listened to my stepfather's logic.  I wasn't a bad kid at all, it's just my stepdad convinced my mother that since he was out on his own since 8 (he ran away from an orphanage) that I would be just fine at 16. And, to be honest, I was for about 3 years.

I chanced upon a older black lady, Penny, who ran a 3/4 way house and she took me in.  Her brother was  store manager of the Pantry Pride on 5th and Collins down in South Beach and he gave me a job as a stockboy.  By the time I was 18 I was produce manager and it looked like my stepfather was right, Tommy could "handle himself out there".   I was a kid who came from a household made by a strict and bitter man who never had a childhood.  He was awesome to me until I reached 8 or 9, which happens to be the same age he was when his father died and he got stuck in the orphanage.  

He was into dirtbikes big time and bought me my first minibike when I was 6.  By the time I was 7 I was winning races at the local track, and by 10 he was ferrying me around to races all over the country.  It was tough when I lost, he had big heavy hands, but I used this as incentive to kick ass and take names on the track.  I can remember at 14 seeing fear in other kids eyes when they saw our trailer pull into the gates at the track, I remember hearing them talk about who was going to race for 2nd.  I was really good, so good in fact this kid Timmy Ferry who has earned a living in the sport looked up to me.  Here is a little clip of him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fteIbMmBE8

I think my last race was at the age of 15, but I am certain it was amateur day at Daytona.  I had a tendency to crash my brains out there every year and this year was no different.  While running third against some of the best amateurs in the nation I came down hard off a landing and blew both rims on my bike.  When I got back to the pits my step dad started in on me and I told him if he laid a hand on me I never wanted to race again.  It wasn't true, but I was a stubborn kid and had to keep my word because he gave me the worst beat down I received up to that point.

After that my racing days were over and the little relationship we did have was too, and I think this played a major role in him kicking me out.  I think being so aggressively involved in something and having it taken away and or quitting helped lead me to some bad choices.  When I was a kid racing I had something that kept me occupied, a goal sort of speak.

Never could match the feeling again that I got at the starting gate or just simply play riding for that matter.  I think I was a kid who was just raring to run buckwild when I got out of it, perhaps my stepfather saw this, me dunno.

I know it's wrong, but sometimes I wish I could go back in time and change that day.  I would have gone slower or simply just taken my lumps like I did all the other times I wrecked my ass off.  Looking back he would have probably been proud if I just settled for 3rd.

Life became different for me at the Tudor Hotel, which has since been renovated into a swank, all be it highly complained about, neon lit hotel in South Beach.  I learned how to use crack properly from a woman I met there who was trying to recover from her addiction.  She said it would make sex better, but to be honest I couldn't get hard at all on the stuff.  But HOT DAMN did it feel good I thought at the time...  I think I became hooked simply watching her take that first hit.  

The good people who helped me also watched my slide into crack addiction, and Penny, bless her heart, tried to help as best she could, but eventually had to kick me to the curb as well.  To be honest the only reason I got clean was because I was facing 7 years for putting a stolen car through someones living room after getting T-boned at an intersection while running from the police.  There was also someone in the car who tried to pin some crap on me, but the judge was nice enough , along with Penny's help, to allow me a second chance by probating me to a drug rehab in Miami called Spectrum.  These were the old days of recovery, and it had a tendency to be rather brutal, but far better than going behind bars.  If the house man couldn't bounce a quarter off your bed in the morning you were made to sweep the sun off the side walk for the day...  I did this a lot, along with scrubbing the green paint off the inside of trash dumpsters with a toothbrush... God was that fun!!

That, along with the guilt, and the fear of going behind bars made my ass get off the stuff.  While I never relapsed back to crack, it wasn't until my first daughter was born till I could get the crap off my mind for good.  I spent many nights on the phone with Penny... and she supported me like so many others she helped through their addiction.  Penny was a recovering addict herself who became a highly respected member of the community.  She passed in 95 from AIDS and was the first person I knew who died from it.  It was her car I put through the house that night, so yes I stole from those who were very near and dear to me...

Why share all this trivial information when I could have simply said yes to your question?  I guess it's because I would like to answer questions of where my self righteous indignation comes from while I am secretly highly critical of myself....  guess I am just like my stepfather, bitter and heavy, not with my hands mind you, but in thought perhaps???  I don't know....  I usually quit therapy at about this point LMAO!!!!

My wife said something rather amusing to me the other night.  She recently applied to be a quality engineer for some company that supplies something or another to the pharmaceutical companies.  Right now she is a quality engineer for one of the companies that supplies wire harnesses to the military.  She has a degree in chemical engineering and always thought her degree would lead her to this most recent opportunity, although not in quality, but through her work experience she has become in demand in this field because of the standards she is certified in.  Unfortunately it is not exactly something she enjoys and/or feels fullfilled with.  I guess this is why she told me the other night  she wished she was doing something more enjoyable and that she felt I was entering into something that was my calling or something I always wanted to do... not so, I missed my calling at 15. I know it sounds crazy, but I really was that good...

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2010, 11:20:28 am »

Damn that's a long post...  you only really see it once you hit the enter button.  Bet I split some definitives in that fucker!!

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 11:57:38 am »
Skeebo . You have not changed at all . You have just stolen 10 minutes of my life to read that post .

I'm only joking . Thanks for sharing that .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2010, 12:04:24 pm »
Boo:

What is up with you, man? Your retorts are becoming increasingly acerbic and abusive and the moderator reports are now arriving at a steady clip. You're still on post-ban probation. If you really do care about this place and want to stick around, please curtail the nastiness. I went out on a limb and allowed you to come back -- please don't make me regret this.

Tim 

Yep.  Got it.  Duly chastised, dude.

Goodbye!!

Offline denb45

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2010, 12:18:06 pm »
That was a very interesting story of your life in-short, skeebo, you seem to have a good handle on what your doing in life, nothing wrong with that, also you should be very proud of the fact that you got thur
all of this, it's a life-lesson that you know cannot ever be ignored, it makes you who you are, and you have NOTHING to be ashamed of by any of this, thanks for sharing this  ;)

Offline mecch

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2010, 02:18:13 pm »
 To answer your question Mecch, they were friends who were once strangers.

Great story skeebo.

I don't get who were the friends you stole from, however.

Can we have a dénouement or clarification, if you care to share. 

Denby's remark was casual, I think.  I mean I guess we all have our limits on what we can tolerate or forgive in friends. 

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2010, 02:51:22 pm »
my brother is big on stealing, which could be why he's in prison for baeking in entering. but i know he can't help it. he used to come over to my house and try to walk out the front door with a book bag of stuff, using my bookbag's.  everytime i caught him he would just ask, too him it was a game if I would catch him or not and if i didn't well then he did whatever he did with the stuff. (sold, or kept it or traded it for drugs)

but me, i remember two big instances in my life. one was as a kid, I had to be like 5-6ish.  we were at the PX in Athens, Greece. i shoplifted a kitty collar (we didnt have a kitty) and a stick of play-doh by the time we got to the car i felt so ashamed i told my mom she marched me right back in there and i remember still to this day that man lecturing.  For a 5-6ish year old he was scary.

The other incident I was a teenager in high school, on my walk home from school there was a small gift and flower shop me and my boyfriend of the time started stealing things from there.  I stole things to give to my family for xmas (no reason, doesn't justify what i did) well one day when i was at home my boyfriend at the time got busted and ratted me out.  the shopkeeper showed up at my backdoor step.  I had a step mom who was really hard growing up on me and this just made matters worse. 

Skeebo, i feel your pain. my step mom made life so difficult that at 16 I ran away.  I didn't fair as well as you did though. I ended up as a runaway skipping from one place to the other and despite being a hard worker, no one would higher me.
April 2006 - Sero-Conversion
December 2009 - Diagnosed
Jan 2010- VL 3,800 CD4 152
Summer 2010 VL UD, CD4 over 200
September 2010 VL UD, CD4 324
March 2011 VL UD, CD4 477
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2010, 05:43:37 pm »
I used to boost a lot back in the day, when I was continually in another zone.  I was convicted three times of theft, and always put on probation (the last one being years ago).  I consider myself very fortunate, because in Indiana, the 3rd time the judge can waive the case into felony court. 

I screwed over a lot of people, all of whom have forgiven me, and trust me to the utmost. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2010, 05:47:23 pm »
I am adamantly against consciously stealing anything or lying. 

The way you prance around these forums on that high horse of yours, I'm quite amazed that you're HIV+.  I mean, you know how it goes, you commit one sin, you've pretty much fucked yourself with all of them.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2010, 06:12:11 pm »
The way you prance around these forums on that high horse of yours, I'm quite amazed that you're HIV+.  I mean, you know how it goes, you commit one sin, you've pretty much fucked yourself with all of them.

Why not just Ignore him if you have such an issue with him?   ;)

Offline mecch

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2010, 06:21:52 pm »
A gay couple with two kids were harassed in Wal Mart for suspected shoplifting that was proven to be false. Wal Mart plays hardball with them nonetheless.

http://consumerist.com/2009/11/walmart-goes-crazy-on-couple-suspected-of-shoplifting.html

Supposedly, if you shoplift less than 25 dollars from Wal Mart they dont prosecute you but ban you for life. Also they don't go after under 16-18 and over 65.  If you repeat, they'll play hardball.  

Winona bagged 5,500 worth of Saks crap and finally was convicted of grand theft and paid enormous attorney fees, some small fines and restitution, community service, rehab, and the loss of untold millions in salary.

Positive views of Shoplifting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yomango
Yomango (In Spanish slang, "yo mango" means "I steal") is a shoplifting movement that originated in Barcelona (Spain) in 2002. It is billed as an anti-consumer lifestyle.

It gained publicity when clothes were stolen from a store, put on and worn back to the store in a "fashion show". Some people claim that it is intended to be a parody of the Mango clothing line popular in Europe. Actually Yomango consider themselves as an informal community aimed at diffusing practices of social disobedience. The kind of shoplifting promoted by Yomango may even be a tactics of direct re-appropriation and redistribution of wealth. Yomango is connected with the European movement against labor and social instability.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individual_reclamation
Individual reclamation (Fr: reprise individuelle) is a form of direct action, characterized by the individual theft of resources from the rich by the poor. Individual reclamation gained popular attention in the early 20th century as a result of the exploits of anarchists  and outsiders  such as Ravachol and Clément Duval who believed that such expropriations  were ethical because of the exploitation of society by capitalists (see Anti-capitalism). Advocacy centered around France, Belgium, Great Britain and Switzerland.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2010, 06:40:04 pm »
BT, we can do without the snarky retorts here.

To you and All, keep the thread friendly or don't bother commenting.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Andy Velez

Offline next2u

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2010, 02:15:25 am »
yeah, stealing is pretty shitty. i haven't gotten my 5 finger discount on in years and here is a story.

being black me and my white friends would use our races to our advantage. as teenagers we'd have to figure out how to get cigarettes. we'd go into gas stations and us black folk would go to the far corners of the station and rummage through stuff. being black we'd get a lot of attention and the poor attendant who relied on racial stereotypes would ignore the whites who were robbing them left and right. of course, we were too just not directly. it just seemed like the perfect scam back in the day. we ended up with a lot of cigarettes.

i have since quit smoking tobacco and stealing.

best,
d
midapr07 - seroconversion
sept07 - tested poz
oct07 cd4 1013; vl 13,900; cd4% 41
feb08 cd4  694;  vl 16,160; cd4% 50.1
may08 cd4 546; vl 91,480; cd4% 32
aug08 cd4 576; vl 48,190; cd4% 40.7
dec08 cd4 559; vl 63,020; cd4% 29.4
feb09 cd4 464; vl 11,000; cd4% 26
may09 cd4 544; vl 29,710; cd4% 27.2
oct09 cd4 ...; vl 23,350; cd4% 31.6
mar10 cd4 408; vl 59,050; cd4% 31.4
aug10 cd4 328; vl 80,000; cd4% 19.3 STARTED ATRIPLA
oct10 cd4 423; vl 410 ;); cd4% 30.2
jun11 cd4 439; vl <20 ;); cd4% 33.8 <-Undetectable!
mar12 cd4 695; vl ud; cd4% 38.6
jan13 cd4 738; vl ud; cd4% 36.8
aug13 cd4 930; vl ud; cd4% 44.3
jan14 cd4 813; vl ud; cd4% 42.8
may14 cd4 783; vl *; cd4%43.5
sept14 cd4 990; vl ud; cd4% *
jun15 cd4 1152; vl ud; cd4% *
july15 - STRIBILD
oct15 cd4 583; vl 146; cd4% 42
mar16 cd4 860; vl 20; 44

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2010, 08:52:28 pm »
I have stolen the heart of an attorney from a dentist.  What? You don't believe an attorney has a heart?  If not, I have never stolen anything but I do have a related story...

When I first got out of college, I went to work for a daily newspaper.  The Publishers wife was the Society Editor and I was dating her daughter.  A daily newspaper is mostly a print shop where they print other newspapers.  One of those weekly newspapers, The Anderson Valley could redefine "yellow journalism"  Our paper was pretty slow in press runs because the guy who ran the camera read everything on every stat and one day... Troy brought out the newest edition which featured our Society Editor caught shoplifting at KMART.  They also had a "Minnie Pearl" design drawing featuring the KMART tag.

That issue went straight to her husband, the Publisher with the question, do we have to print it?  The Publisher said, "we have to ,it is true."  They transferred to another paper.  I broke up with the daughter, opened an advertising agency and started dating a man who owned a radio station.  Theft was good for my career.   ;D  Have the best day
Michael 

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2010, 09:36:44 pm »
yeah, stealing is pretty shitty. i haven't gotten my 5 finger discount on in years and here is a story.

being black me and my white friends would use our races to our advantage. as teenagers we'd have to figure out how to get cigarettes. we'd go into gas stations and us black folk would go to the far corners of the station and rummage through stuff.

This reminds me of when I was a kid, we would go into the 7-11 on the corner and get a large Slurpee (Big Red flavored of course), we would then casually walk over to the candy aisle and start shoving candy bars down into the slurpee. We would then go pay for the Slurpee with our candy bars secreted inside. Apu never knew the difference.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.