Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:53:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 225
Total: 226

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Top bareback, I think the btm does it alot  (Read 3361 times)

Offline hmmmhelp

Top bareback, I think the btm does it alot
« on: April 18, 2010, 02:34:16 am »
Sorry in advance for the long post...

(I did my best to read the forum guidelines and testing FAQ, btw).

Anyway, I'll get right to it. I'm gay, I came in a sex workers ass today. I was mock fucking him just to get a pretend thrust motion effect, dry, and just rubbing my dick around/ pressing on his balls with it. He then pulled my dick in his ass, as he noticed I was getting close. I did about 3 strokes and came. I am very average sized and on the thin side, it literally slid in with no effort and I doubt he even felt anything go in. (After I actually gagged because I was horrified knowing exactly what could have just happened)

Given he wanted me to do this, I would assume he does that with many of his other "hookups". Thats an unfortunate reality. I asked him why he did that and he said, well you don't "have anything" right? I said hell no. Which is true.

1. So I am wondering what my risk of HIV was. I assume like a 2 out of 10 from what I've read on these boards just tonight (and please tell me)... (I do know I am now at risk for other STDs, will deal with those as well).

[ Of course, there is contradictory info everywhere on the internet, but I also read this, which says there are new studies on anal secretions having more virus in them then other tissue excretions, etc ...
http://www.barebackhealth.net/health/betrayals.html ]

2. Here is my immediate question, I have enough money and good insurance to cover whatever tests will give me the most peace of mind possible.  ( I know 13 weeks is the final word)
I would be willing to get the PEP despite side effects if I can, I feel like I have to do this for my family even if I'm not sure if its needed. I think I could push the doctor to let me have it even if its not warranted by his recommendation. Pretty sure I could make that happen if needed.

So if I can get every tests I want, no limits on money, what would be most thorough game plan?
Knowing the testing process already, you guys, what be your ideal choices in tests, in sequence, if money and insurance and doctor recommendation limitations were not a factor? I mean if you could go all out?

I do realize this sounds like overreaction, but I am the type who in a crisis stops and analyzes all options for the most thoroughly made decision possible, and takes it from there.

-I'm thinking tonight I will get the 24 hr test one to start (sun).
-Monday I will contact a clinic and the best doctor in the area, and see who can get me in quickest with the quickest test results. Clinics seem to take longer with tests and have less available?
-Mon also do... one of the paid "get results quick" testing services you can order online when you search "hiv test"?

Elisa RNA? Then Western Blot?

Any help is appreciated, I see what you guys do for people and its amazing. Hopefully I don't sound too crazy,  sorry for the long post,  just trying to gather as much info as possible.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Top bareback, I think the btm does it alot
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 08:02:56 am »
Unprotected anal is unquestionably a risk for HIV transmission. It is less of a risk for the insertive partner than for the receptive one but it is still a high level risk. If PEP is going to be instituted it needs to be started as early as possible afte rthe risk within a 48-72 hour period for maximum benefit.

We don't get into quantifying with % or other numbers the level of risk. You had a single and relatively brief incident. That's in your favor. But ultimately it is you who has to decide whether you want to do PEP or not. As you are already aware, we're talking about strong medications which frequently have uncomfortable side effects.

The issue of what test(s) you take is less important than making a decision about PEP. Discuss it with your doctor. We can't make that call for you. If you do PEP, then for a hopefully negative and conclusive result, you will have to get tested at 13 weeks after the completion of PEP. You can do an initial test at 6 weeks after completion. A negative result then is unlikely to change to positive at 13 weeks.

In the future you need to make it clear to any partners you have that you only want to have protected intercourse to avoid repetitions of this recent experience. Keep the condoms handy and use one every time.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 08:05:36 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.