Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:00:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 622
Total: 625

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Cubbybear's updates for those interested.  (Read 5596 times)

Offline cubbybear

Cubbybear's updates for those interested.
« on: December 06, 2006, 10:01:37 pm »
Hey Guys.

Sorry I have been almost non existent for some time.  I do lurk here almost on a daily basis to satisfy my voyeuristic tendencies, and I always think of those that I have met since my first post here over a year ago.  Again, you know who you are.

Anyway, numbers.  In 12 months I have gone from a cd4 count of 35, to finally breaking the 200 mark, at 207.  My cd4% is getting there, from 7.1%, a year ago to 12.2% now.  My viral load has been undetectable, since the first 4 weeks of meds, on Truvada/Sustiva.  Hopefully over the next 12 months those numbers will keep on going onward and upward.  I'm happy with them considering how sick I was when I was diagnosed, that'll teach me for not testing regularly, I would have found out 6 years ago and hopefully never gotten sick.  Still hindsight is amazing.  You'd think being a nurse I would know better.

Speaking of which, I am getting back in to the workforce, though I am not going back to hospital ward work.  I have a few fingers in a few different pies, all health related.  Ideally I wouldnt mind getting work at my local ASO, so will chase that up.

I met a guy about 6 months ago, that I've been pretty quiet about (he's -ve btw, and quite the looker).  When I disclosed he didn't run away, the silly bugger was head over heels in love regardless of the 800 pound gorilla called hiv sharing the relationship with us.. but for some reason I ended up pushing him away.  I don't think I wanted to get hurt, or messed up with a negative guy, so I just did what I do best and run away from those who care.  This was a couple of month ago, and I didnt see him again, until just recently.  He still feels the same about me, and well, I am trying not to push him away this time and we'll see where this thing goes.  Someone once said to me on here, good things happen to good people.. I hope I'm a good person!

I'm still living with my ex partner of 4 years.  It has it's moments, but generally we get on very well.  I'm still in love with him, but it's a good time for me to move out (in the new year) and get my own place and get on with life.  2007 is going to be year of the cubby, because 2006 has been one freaked out, tricked up year for me, and I can't wait to forget it.  Everything that worked for me in 2006 I'll bring to 2007, and everything else I will leave behind, alas, never forget either.

So that's the updates on several levels.  Hope you are all good, thinking of you guys always.
Much love.
Matt.

Offline Teresa

Re: Cubbybear's updates for those interested.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 10:08:55 pm »
Wishing you much happiness in the New Year! Good luck with the new guy. Its good to hear that things are looking up for you!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 10:23:36 pm »
Cubby,

Glad you are back. Congrats on getting to that 200 mark, keep up the good work or should I be saying that to your cd4s?  ;) I can relate to the situation with the new bf but if he's willing to be with you despite being infected, I say that's a beautiful thing. Just be safe.  And communicate of course cause assuming  things can be a bitch. I'm kinda in a situation where a - guy wants to get with me and I'm not sure how to take it with the bug catchers out there. In the meantime, I'm just taking it one day at a time. I hope you do too.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Tucsonwoody

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 10:28:50 pm »
Hey Cubby -

As someone who who just got diagnosed and has counts that are worse then yours a year ago, I appreaciate hearing about your success and the timeframe it took.  Thanks for sharing that info.

I hope it only continues to get better for you on a health, emotional and relationship basis.  Good luck.

Kevin
And I wished for guidance, and I wished for peace
I could see the lightning; somewhere in the east
And I wished for affection, and I wished for calm
As I lay there - Nervous in the light of dawn

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 10:37:43 pm »
Hi Matt

It's true, good things do happen to good people, and you my dear friend have just confirmed that.

I wish you love and luck for 2007...things are definitely looking up, it can only get better from here on in.

Love and hugs from NZ
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 10:48:24 pm »
Matt,

You are a good person!   I wish for you only the best, and may you find true happiness.   You're still my favorite cub......

Love,

Alan  :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 12:03:04 am »
Matt,

You're not a good man, you're a great man! You have a heart of pure 24k gold.

I'm delighted you've passed the 200 mark. Keep up the good work.

If you were nearer, I would give you the tightest bear hug I could muster.

Since distance prevents that, here's (((((((BIG CYBER HUG)))))))

Love ya Cubby,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Robert

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 02:23:28 am »

like my friend Yogi says, "...you're better than the average bear!!"

miss you....robert

Offline joemutt

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 02:45:00 am »
Hi Matt, tx for the update, wish you well. Joe

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 02:58:58 am »
Cubby,

Wishing only the best for you.  Good luck to you and your new man.  Think of you quite a bit!  ;)

Your Oso
(who thinks 2007 is definitely the Year of the Osito)

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 04:42:46 am »
Glad to hear you are doing so much better. It sounds like things are really turning around. :)

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 08:24:32 am »
Speaking of which, I am getting back in to the workforce, though I am not going back to hospital ward work.  I have a few fingers in a few different pies, all health related.  Ideally I wouldnt mind getting work at my local ASO, so will chase that up.

Best of luck there!

So glad to hear about your percentage and cd4 news. It takes "time with the climb"

... I think I remember your romantic news from awhile ago and if my memory is intact, you took down your picture and put up a "broken heart" avatar and broke our hearts in the process LOL Things seem to be brightening up for you!  :)  :)  :) Happy holidays and hoping you have a stellar 2007  :)  :) ... Glad to see your charming face picture back up

Sending love from America,
Alex

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2006, 08:48:25 am »
Hi Matt -  Congratulations on a lot of fronts.  Here's to 2007!

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 09:44:31 am »
Hey Matt.  Great to here about your incredible progress beating back hiv.  Congratulations!  If I were in your shoes, I would do exactly what you have posted, make 2007 your year, get yourself, however emotionally difficult it may be, out of living with your self-described ex-partner, especially since you are still in love with him since you are not going to be able to meet your new partner on an equal basis until then, right?  I'm sure it's also difficult because it 'works' between the two of you now and because you are figuring out your new healthcare career.  But I see this as the needed step for a good person to get his true rewards.  Wishing support in all of this, Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 10:49:45 am »
Hello Matt,

Good to hear from ya, and its great to hear that things are going well. Your doing well with your numbers. I remember when I broke that 200 mark, seemed to take such an awful long time !! Keep it going, enjoy the holidays, and have a great New Year. Don't be such a stranger !!

Take care of yourself-------Ray

PS :  Also glad to hear that your getting back in the workforce...Good for you!!
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 01:35:03 pm »
Hey Matt,
It's great to hear from ya'! ;D I'm happy that things are going good for you. Merry Christmas, Matt and have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Take care.
Peace,
Kelly
POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline ChrisNCoronado

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 03:07:41 pm »
Couldn't be happier for you, Matt  :)

Still want my bear hug; sheesh - how long's a guy gotta wait?

-Chris
(who is smiling after reading this post)

Offline Morton Salt

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 03:18:56 pm »
That Rocks Matt.  Thats really great news.  Im sure your stoked..................

Bless these rooms and all who rock within her walls.

~Morton Salt

Offline bear60

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 07:05:44 pm »
Hey, congratulations!! I may be full of it but I think being in love or loving is one way to make your body feel good and heal . So, go for it.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Eldon

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2006, 09:11:08 pm »
Hey Matt,

It does take time with the climb. It is good news that you have broken the 200 mark. Real good news. As far as your "X" and your newly found BF, just keep in mind that the two of them are in your life for one reason or the other. Keep an eye out for the hidden gifts that are there waiting for you.

Happy Holidays!

Offline randym431

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 10:16:26 am »
Hey Matt
I missed your post originally but just came across it.
Breaking past 200 does give one a little relief and your on your way.
Here’s to wishing you, and all of us here, a great 2007! 
Take care
randy (freezing it off in iOwa)    ;D
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.