Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:29:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 348
Total: 350

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: AMG 2010 Location Final Vote  (Read 64343 times)

Offline Lakis

Re: AMG 2010 Location Final Vote
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2009, 04:30:17 pm »
I dont understand why voting is extendet till October 19th. To me it look like somebody does not like the idea of having AMG 2010 in London.

Lakis

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2009, 05:22:24 pm »
For those who are confused and obviously want to stir up trouble, I request that you please view each and every post within a thread to gain the full picture of what is occuring.

I clearly stated in post 375 that I was extending the vote 10 days due to the poll to discuss voting procedures, which occured in the middle of the vote. The vote lasted 10 days, therefore voting was extended 10 days.

Is this confusing? No, I think not! Biased? Again...I think not. Another reason for some to want to cause some sort of drama? Obviously!

If you scroll through the history of the AMG threads you will also note that votes and other decisions have been extended in the past, for whatever reason. You didn't seem to have a problem with it then, so why now?

« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 05:33:52 pm by AMG Coordinator »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2009, 05:31:03 pm »
I was legitimately confused.  It would be nice if you could accept this instead of pointing fingers about what the motivation is.  Thanks.

The average poster would usually reference the first post for the end date.  If that changed later perhaps in addition to a statement halfway through the thread you could have additionally added a notation at the end of the opening post.  Thanks again.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 05:33:21 pm by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2009, 05:50:15 pm »
I was replying more to the accusation from another member. Not so much you, Miss P.

I apologige for expecting everyone to do their own due dilligence and actually read the posts within the thread they are posting to or questioning. Perhaps this is the school teacher coming out in me. I unfortunately don't have time to hold everyone's hand or send personal emails. And unfortunatley I don't have the ability to modify a post after a certain time frame.

However, the information in question was posted for everyone to read, in an appropriate area, at the appropriate time.

Legitimate confusion and/or questions I understand. Blatant accusations are completely uncalled for.

I was legitimately confused.  It would be nice if you could accept this instead of pointing fingers about what the motivation is.  Thanks.

The average poster would usually reference the first post for the end date.  If that changed later perhaps in addition to a statement halfway through the thread you could have additionally added a notation at the end of the opening post.  Thanks again.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2009, 06:04:25 pm »
I was replying more to the accusation from another member. Not so much you, Miss P.

Thanks.  And yes, that poster should likewise not have questioned your motivation, just to be clear.

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2009, 06:44:52 pm »
LAS VEGAS gets my vote.  And I'd like to see the Grand Canyon and also the Hoover Dam again!

London is a financial "no way" for me.

Offline Thom Martin

« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2009, 06:48:20 pm »
I agree with my hubby, LAS VEGAS.

Offline carousel

« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2009, 06:05:42 am »
I'm afraid I am still confused at the reason for extending the vote to 19th.

I've read the explanation, but it does not sound very convincing to me.

It feels that the procedure is being changed as we go.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 06:07:36 am by carousel »

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2009, 07:44:12 am »
You know, I shouldn't be surprised, yet I am.  The AMG Coordinator asked back on 9/18 if we should run a poll on who should vote (members only was the conclusion) and then extend voting a few days.  The only real opinions expressed on the extension were to do so.  So, he did and now we have folks bitching about it.  The coordinator is in a "damned if he does, damned if doesn't" situation.  Why don't we all act like adults, stop with wth conspiracy theories here and assume a little positive intent on the part of the VOLUNTEER coordinator.  If you didn't think the vote should be extended, then you should have said so when he asked about it 3 weeks ago.

While, I personally didn't see a need for the extension, I have confidence that the Coordinator is only doing what he thinks is best, based on input in this thread.

Mike

Offline carousel

« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2009, 09:10:26 am »
I know that my post was not meant to be bitchy, but was just trying to raise some concerns.   It's seems that, statements seem to be made in the middle of threads that may be referring to other threads, which makes in confusing.  Well for me anyway.

From my reading, the decision to extend it appears in one thread, but I don't see where there was a call from members to extend the vote in that or in any other of these threads.  If there was, can someone guide me to it?

Sorry, but it confuses me why there is an extension, that is all.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2009, 09:12:20 am »
I really don't see any childish behavior.  Just people expressing their opinions (even if a bit late, but then not everyone checks this thread/forum on a daily/weekly basis).

Perhaps I missed it, but I don't recall anyone asking for (or even giving) opinions about extending the vote for 10 days.  Had I been I asked, I would have said no as there was no interruption in the voting process, (which is the only justification I can see for extending a vote).  Having said that, what's done is done and extending the vote probably wouldn't change the end result, so I'm not too fussed over the issue.

But I certainly see nothing wrong with people expressing their views about that matter.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2009, 10:55:52 am »
In a thread where the OP is asking for a vote, you can't expect your average reader to go through three pages of bitchy homosexuals just to vote, which is why I suggested attaching a summary of important developments as a "post script" at the bottom of the first post.  It's rather normal netiquette on a message board to do this with an important voting thread, but my request for this was dismissed evidently.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2009, 11:18:13 am »

And unfortunatley I don't have the ability to modify a post after a certain time frame.

Fortunately, I do have that ability as you well know. I've been happy to alter AMG posts for you in the past and I'm still happy to do it. I would have thought you realised that. ::)

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2009, 02:05:00 pm »
Ann,

I realize this. However, I apparently made the mistake that people read before they post. Silly me!

I do appreciate your help. Unfortunately, I didn't think this was that big of a deal. Again...silly me.

[/quote]

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2009, 02:12:59 pm »
I'll defend myself here, for the last.

Plain and simple. This thread, or any thread within aidsmeds.com does NOT only consist of the first post. A thread should be read in it's entirety. Simply put, read the first post, the last post, as well as those in between to get the entire scope of what is being discussed, as well as any last minute information related to said topic.

If information is posted within a thread and you choose not read it, that is not my fault. I have seen many of you dig back through years of members posts to dig up just one single comment someone made. So, I find it hard to imagine that you would miss my post about the extension.

Would you all be happy if I announced right here, right now that AMG will be held in London. If this is what the group wants, than I will glady announce it TODAY.

This is your AMG. Take some responsibility and read the information that is supplied by the coordinators. Which by the way, has already been pointed out is done on a volunteer basis.

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2009, 02:51:22 pm »
To prevent any further going back and forth about the issue. And, since I am damned regardless of what I do...

AMG 2010 will be held in London

The next step now is to choose a coordinator. As I mentioned back in September, if AMG is in Europe, than someone from Europe would be best suited for the role as AMG Coordinator. I will be more than happy to offer any guidance to the new team.

Offline Ric Wilke

« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2009, 07:13:57 pm »
So be it!

When AMG 2005 launched this annual event, I recall that we had about 20 attendees.  Let us hope that AMG 2010 has the same number.

I nominate Cliff to be AMG Coordinator for AMG 2010 London.

I would like to personally thank RAB and Dennis for their combined years of volunteer service for the benefit of AMG.

Respectfully, Ric   

Offline Cliff

« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2009, 07:37:57 pm »
You guys can be absolutely absurd sometimes.  Seriously, I am amazed at how manipulative, covert-aggressive and just down right silly you guys can be.  Ric, I suggest you rethink your statements before you make this personal, with your obvious intimidation tactics.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 07:39:51 pm by Cliff »

Offline Ric Wilke

« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2009, 08:12:43 pm »
You guys can be absolutely absurd sometimes.  Seriously, I am amazed at how manipulative, covert-aggressive and just down right silly you guys can be.  Ric, I suggest you rethink your statements before you make this personal, with your obvious intimidation tactics.

Cliff, I rethought my statements before I hit the post button.  And they still stand.

I certainly see nothing wrong with people expressing their views about that matter.

Just another forum member "expressing their views".

And, how did I make this "personal"?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 08:21:27 pm by Ric Wilke »

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2009, 08:26:08 pm »
my god, so much drama...  :o
don't forget drama gives you wrinkles.

well, I'm happy to help whoever ends up being the Coordinator for AMG 2010 in London.  London rocks!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 08:29:11 pm by GNYC09 »

Offline elf

« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2009, 09:09:53 pm »
I vote for London
over and over again  :)

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2009, 09:53:54 pm »
Did it ever occur to any of you to have two 2010 AMGs???  London and Las Vegas.

Offline Dennis

« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2009, 10:14:03 pm »
This has been discussed. Some are for two AMGs it and some against it.

In previous threads I mentioned that even if the official AMG was in Europe next year, there would probably still be some sort of gathering in the U.S. I was chastised for that comment as well.

I hope after all the rallying our European friends have put forth to officially vote for a European AMG, that they take the necessary steps to ensure it's success. I wish them nothing but success.

Did it ever occur to any of you to have two 2010 AMGs???  London and Las Vegas.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2009, 10:35:20 pm »
OK, last try here.  AMG is our function period.  If we want to have two or twenty each year, that is our decision.  Economics is a real consideration here and I think having two AMGs would be excellent.  It involves posting exactly two threads.  One for London, the other for Las Vegas.  Sign up for the location you want and then that group picks a coordinator and poof two AMGs.

How fucking hard can that be?  Really folks, get a grip and remember why we do this.

Offline Robert

« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2009, 10:37:17 pm »

AMG 2010 will be held in London

The next step now is to choose a coordinator. As I mentioned back in September, if AMG is in Europe, than someone from Europe would be best suited for the role as AMG Coordinator. I will be more than happy to offer any guidance to the new team.

So, what about HUGO (angelofdreams)?

hey all,

i know this has been brought up multiple times but still,
as some one living in the UK and not being able to travel to the USA or for this mather Mexico i would like to explore the options of a meeting in London.
I am aware of the large number of members on the site in the same position as myself and how much we would love to come to the AGM we just dont have the chance for what ever personal or even sometimes financial reason.

As a event manager from trade i would love to set up a meeting for people living in Europe aswell as in other parts of the world, giving everyone the option of being there.
So i would love to hear from you all regarding idea's, comments, etc.

you can email them directly to me or trowe them in the forum

xx
hugo

Also, what about the dates?  Traditionally, off-season (Oct-Mar) offers the lowest fares from the US to Europe.

robert
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 10:39:01 pm by Robert »

Offline Ric Wilke

« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2009, 10:42:20 pm »
Well said Joe!!!

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2009, 10:51:21 pm »
Since I don't want to even continue this thread, I have started a new one to discuss two AMGs in 2010.  So please stop by and lend your support.

Offline SouthSam7

« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2009, 09:53:57 pm »
So what city was decided?  I see something about a Las Vegas gathering but I've been out of the country for a few weeks. 

Sam

Offline David_CA

« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2009, 11:18:38 pm »
So what city was decided?  I see something about a Las Vegas gathering but I've been out of the country for a few weeks.  

Sam

Sam, read the current page (page 3) of this thread and you'll find all you need as to location!   ;)
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline SouthSam7

« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2009, 05:51:40 pm »
Sorry.  And thanks  ;D

Sam

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.