Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:55:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773185
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 476
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 385
Total: 386

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: any info on pregnancy  (Read 5415 times)

Offline tordam

any info on pregnancy
« on: January 11, 2009, 05:50:28 am »
hello plz i need to know if i can have a baby still because i have both hiv and herpes any info or personal feedback will be kindly appreciated

Offline Sheri

Re: any info on pregnancy
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 11:18:09 am »
Hi Tordam,

From what I know (but please consult your physician for verification), you should absolutely be able to have a baby.  Many, many poz moms have negative babies (in developed nations, it's far more likely for a woman to have a negative child than a poz one; I personally know of several), though receiving the proper treatment to try to ensure that they won't contract the virus is essential.  As for the herpes, treatment to prevent/reduce the effects of outbreaks is also important.  If you have a herpes outbreak during labor, there can be vision and other probems as the baby passes through the birth canal if s/he contracts it, so some docs will advise you to have a c-section.

It's also important to make sure you eat right, get sufficient rest, etc...whether positive or not.  Good luck to you!

Offline TreDai

• Miss Ohio Plus America 2008
    • my website
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 12:14:06 pm »
Yes It is possible to have a healthy baby just as long as mom follows the doctors orders and complies with treatment. 
"Our people die because of a lack of knowledge"
 Miss Ohio Plus America 2008

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 05:24:30 pm »
Hi Tordam-
I am positive and have herpes and have had 4 healthy kids.  My docs followed me closely and I adhered to my meds.  My oldest was born naturally, I would have taken the drugs but he came too fast.  I had a c-section for my 3some.
Good  Luck,
Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.