Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:32:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 214
Total: 215

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My story  (Read 5199 times)

Offline andrew1027

My story
« on: October 29, 2013, 10:54:47 am »
Well my story started off really happy I had 2 beautiful sons and a beautiful husband that I love more than life itself….. I was living the dream….  My son had been sick with what I thought to be a cold but it went on to long so I took him to the Doctors….. April 24, 2008 my son was dx with leukemia May 15, 2009 my son passed away, his funeral was May 25,2009….. June 3,2009 I came home from work at night and I found my lover after he committed suicide then June 28,2009 I found out I was postive
Andrew

Offline tednlou2

Re: My story
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 03:20:23 pm »
Andrew,

Wow.  You have been through some horrific trauma.  I can't imagine losing a child and then finding my partner dead from suicide.  And, then learning you have HIV.  I don't even know what to say, as no words would do it justice.  There are members here, who have lost countless loved ones.  I know they can give better insights into how they dealt with those loses and how they were able to keep moving forward-- even if it took years.  I know while many have been able to move forward, they still carry those scars as if they happened yesterday.  It is still a daily battle.  I know they will be able to give more meaningful words, than I could. 

I hope I didn't confuse you in your thread in Living With.  I said we use Off Topic for fun.  This certainly fits in Living With.  I am sorry for the losses you've endured.  I am glad you found this site. 

Ted

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 03:51:42 pm »
Welcome Andrew, I am sorry you had to find us but Glad you did. This may be one off the few sites where people also have experience off multiple bereavements ,often close together.

How can you possably find words after telling such a history, those words will come but bit by bit, as you post or contribute .

So don,t be a stranger as some say , yours
Michael
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 04:42:17 pm »
Andrew, I'm glad you have found your way here. What you have experienced is one of those times when one wonders how to possibly go in the face of such loss.

I'm wondering how are you and your other son are doing now. Most immediately how is your health and do you have a good doctor taking care of your HIV needs?

We want to be of help in any way that we can.

Andy Velez

Offline andrew1027

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 06:02:06 pm »
Thank you for you kinds words it actually means a lot to me knowing that there are caring people out there... I forgot a part though... I have kept this in but my lover that committed suicide was the only one I had unprotected sex with so I know the day and the month and the year that I contracted the virus..... My doctors are very good they will do just about everything for me except changing the meds which I will take care of that in December.... My other son is just fine however his mother won't let me see him... I have lossed a lot but I am strong it has taken me 4 yrs and an attempted on my life  but I am here for a reason and now I am finally for the first time feel like I have a support system.... The only thing that can be done is for someone just to be there and I think I have found that in all of you.... Thank you again for the kind words.... It really means a lot to me
Andrew

Offline curious1here

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 06:56:33 pm »
Aww Andrew sorry to hear about the stuff you been through. No one deserves that! Live your life for your son who passed away. Things get better ever day but the memory never dies. Keep strong for yourself and your  son. I hope things work out for you there. You are worth so much, remember each day, it's the small things in life that make us happy xoxox

Offline andrew1027

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 05:26:33 am »
Thank you curious... I am doing just that I have straighten up in my head about the other... I have come to realize that I haven't come to grips with the virus
Andrew

Offline mitch777

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 01:27:48 pm »
Andrew,
I honestly don't know how anyone has the strength to get through all of that but you did. My guess is that we will be learning from you.
Hugs,
m.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline andrew1027

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 02:02:32 pm »
It was not easy, but somehow it all worked out..... I need to learn more about this virus so that I can start getting my numbers up and  it has been 4 years since I have had someone special in my life... So I am looking forward to moving forward
Andrew

Offline britchick

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 04:28:16 pm »
Hi Andrew,

You have been through so much and have shown so much strength and courage,over the years, even if you dont realise it.Please dont ever feel alone as people here care and will always reply.

My thoughts are with you and your loved ones.

britchickx

Ps Im scottish and with a name like Andrew, im always going to support youX

Offline andrew1027

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 08:19:39 pm »
Thank you Britchick.... I have my good days and bad days good days I realize bad days not so much.... I am so thankful to have found this board because it has been so helpful and a nice feeling to finally not be alone although I have never met anyone that has posted on this and my other posts everyone is so warm and kind, it has actually put my faith back into humanity
Andrew

Offline prayforus

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 07:53:18 pm »
May God bless you. I am so sorry! Remember, light shines best in the dark. Your beautiful moments are coming soon!!!

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 07:56:24 pm »
Sorry, sorry and sorry, that's all - matt x
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.